Questions from my weekend trip to Canada

johnnyb82

Everyone says the Keifer Sutherland ads run in Canada are great. I think they'd go over like a steaming pile of dung in the US though. With our celebrity-obsessed media here in the States, do you think Ford really wants their spokesman trying to sell us cars should be a guy with multiple DUI convictions?

Everyone says the Keifer Sutherland ads run in Canada are great. I think they'd go over like a steaming pile of dung in the US though. With our celebrity-obsessed media here in the States, do you think Ford really wants their spokesman trying to sell us cars should be a guy with multiple DUI convictions?

It's not so much Kiefer...

I think they are good in that they focus a lot on features -- although they seemed to have a lot of, these are fun to drive ads. Ford here is getting that way with their ads again, but they still spend little time talking about the vehicles themselves than they could. The Escape and Taurus ads I have seen talk about the cars but only about one detail: SUV gets great gas mileage and Taurus =s safe.

Perhaps this Taurus ad blitz that we keep hearing about might change things.