BONUS coming $40K

CSMJ

Screw this contract and what ever Ford, Mullaly and Gettlefinger have cooked up! NO CONCESSIONS!!!!! NOT UNTIL SALARY AND EXECS. TAKE THEIRS FIRST!! I cant afford a strike but I also cant afford to lose my ass over the next 4 years while those bastards are getting richer! See you all on the picket lines!!!! Hopefully...unless the low seniority sell out....

Yes, because there are SO many low seniority workers. So how do define low seniority? Less than 5? 10? 15?

Here is a great idea. EVERYONE show up to vote and no one group can sell out another.

Funny how so many new people come in here and bitch, moan and blame the problems on one particular class of workers. The ironic thing is I hear mostly "low" seniority workers saying to vote NO. Yet it's the "high" seniority workers like you that come in here bitch about what the low guys are doing. Thats why this union is weak and has to give up so much to survive...NO ONE knows what solidarity is anymore.

Funny when we got 500 a salaried family member got 13000 total. Cash plus stock option. I think they are looking for a homer. And were looking at a strike.

Let me just say all of the GSR salaried work force, which by the way is by far the majority. Got the same 500 dallar bonus that the UAW members got. Also lets compare what we pay in healthcare vs the UAW as of today. For the right to have my wife on ford healthcare, it costs me 110 dollars a month because she has a full time job herself. So to make a general statement that salary personal are making all this big bonus money is not true.

Yes, because there are SO many low seniority workers. So how do define low seniority? Less than 5? 10? 15?

Here is a great idea. EVERYONE show up to vote and no one group can sell out another.

Funny how so many new people come in here and bitch, moan and blame the problems on one particular class of workers. The ironic thing is I hear mostly "low" seniority workers saying to vote NO. Yet it's the "high" seniority workers like you that come in here bitch about what the low guys are doing. Thats why this union is weak and has to give up so much to survive...NO ONE knows what solidarity is anymore.

Yup!

There will be lots of workers flying the coop. Sweepers will be on the line. Quality will tank. I've seen it before. People will be trying to do jobs with insufficient training. Cars will be built on the floor instead of on the line. It will end up costing more. In addition, warranty work will skyrocket, and J.D. Powers ratings will plummet. All this just to save a couple of hundred dollars labor per car. Unbelievable.

Yes I totally agree with you Trim, Look at companies like Hasbro, Mattel, heck even Ron Popeil (RonCo, "set it and forget it") have all sold out to the Chinese. The quality of toys and has dropped emensely. But what the auto companies are doing, is less about "shipping our jobs overseas" and more about ELIMINATING them. I've been in the tool and die trade for 23 years (13 at ford), I remember tracing mills that would trace one side while cutting the other. Then computer driven tape machines, then computer driven 3 axis and 5 axis machines {today). That was progress...it cut literally months out of die construction. Now with FPS (a mirror of the toyota production system) they're getting us to "innovate" ourselves out of a job. Under the presumption of "lean" manufacturing and "giving employees a say in how the business operates," we're given a say on how to make our job "easier and/or more ergonomic". But, as soon as your "innovation" becomes process and your job gets easier, you end up with idle time. This would be classified in FPS as waste. During this free time, you are then given more work or resposibility to perform someone else's job. BING! one job out the door, not to china...sometimes not anywhere...Chinese people are simply performing menial tasks that WE innovated and doing it at $1.00 an hour or whatever. So I'll say this; if you have an idea to make YOUR job easier...just do it...you don't have to call the boss over and show him how smart you are...just do it, and let THEM figure out how you are doing it, if they even notice. It is especially dangerous to give any details or "tricks" that you've learned though the years to these new "entry level employees" That's more than wage attrition...it's JOB attrition for both...sorry so long....what say you?

Yes I totally agree with you Trim, Look at companies like Hasbro, Mattel, heck even Ron Popeil (RonCo, "set it and forget it") have all sold out to the Chinese. The quality of toys and has dropped emensely. But what the auto companies are doing, is less about "shipping our jobs overseas" and more about ELIMINATING them. I've been in the tool and die trade for 23 years (13 at ford), I remember tracing mills that would trace one side while cutting the other. Then computer driven tape machines, then computer driven 3 axis and 5 axis machines {today). That was progress...it cut literally months out of die construction. Now with FPS (a mirror of the toyota production system) they're getting us to "innovate" ourselves out of a job. Under the presumption of "lean" manufacturing and "giving employees a say in how the business operates," we're given a say on how to make our job "easier and/or more ergonomic". But, as soon as your "innovation" becomes process and your job gets easier, you end up with idle time. This would be classified in FPS as waste. During this free time, you are then given more work or resposibility to perform someone else's job. BING! one job out the door, not to china...sometimes not anywhere...Chinese people are simply performing menial tasks that WE innovated and doing it at $1.00 an hour or whatever. So I'll say this; if you have an idea to make YOUR job easier...just do it...you don't have to call the boss over and show him how smart you are...just do it, and let THEM figure out how you are doing it, if they even notice. It is especially dangerous to give any details or "tricks" that you've learned though the years to these new "entry level employees" That's more than wage attrition...it's JOB attrition for both...sorry so long....what say you?

When I worked on the line, if I was on the same job for a long time, I would sometimes have a shortcut in mind, but not use it. I would save it for when they added more work. If I showed my cards, then I would end up with more work sooner.

would you take a 5.00 pay cut to save peoples job or would u be greedy

That's funny! In no way can we compete with the $3.50 an hour that Ford pays in Hermosillo. So you think that taking a pay cut that will still cost them $18.50 an more then Mexican labor is going to save jobs at U.S. fcilities? :hysterical: Hey I have a better idea, why don't we just forget money and work for a hot meal!

Edited by Furious1Auto

When I worked on the line, if I was on the same job for a long time, I would sometimes have a shortcut in mind, but not use it. I would save it for when they added more work. If I showed my cards, then I would end up with more work sooner.

Yes that's what I'm saying...I do that all the time...sort of a way of "self preservation"

would you take a 5.00 pay cut to save peoples job or would u be greedy

Sounds like you want me to be selfish...I won't go there but there is alot of dog eat dog around lately...I don't believe there will be any paycut. They're already doing that in the backround through veba, work rules,buyouts, and new hires. A paycut over time is more digestible to the masses that a quick slit to the throat.

Don't be a hater, you likely will never be under the scrutiny that we face once you are in the job market! Just be happy with the quality of the products that we build for you. Your lowering yourself by worrying about what others do or have, direct your effort towards bettering your self and you will make it much farther in life! All this time you waste on BON could be used more effectively if you re direct it. I spend my time here because perception directly effects my compensation, And the import crowd and the manufacturers they love are lairs! The fuel mileage on a Prius is a testament to that fact. I suggested long ago that no one manufacturer will hold the #1 sales spot for long, and now that Toyota is losing favor with consumer reports and many of their customers this might be true! We are neck and neck with them in quality right now and we will shortly pass them up. How long it will take before that translates into marketshare I don't know but I won't be satisfied with just passing them, we have to show them that Asians are not superior!

greedy of course! i've worked 15 yrs to get to this point, and i bust my ass every day! pay me less, and the bust'n ass goes away! pretty simple formula for me, and my co-workers feel the same.

I agree, Why would anyone want to take a $5.00 paycut to save jobs that Ford will continue to take away. The days of saving JOBS is all gone, just look at how much the big 3 has reduce their workforce. The only thing a paycut will do is put MO MONEY in the executives pockets DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE, IT WILL NOT SAVE JOBS!!!!

I agree, Why would anyone want to take a $5.00 paycut to save jobs that Ford will continue to take away. The days of saving JOBS is all gone, just look at how much the big 3 has reduce their workforce. The only thing a paycut will do is put MO MONEY in the executives pockets DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE, IT WILL NOT SAVE JOBS!!!!

if ford was hurting because of hurricanes, natural disasters,terrorism, or a large war, then i would have no problem with some concessions, but NO WAY because the company has been mismanaged for the last decade+. i dont think the membership should suffer for such arrogance!!!!!!!