AAP come back

ted labor

I dont care !just thought it would be fun to post it and see what happens. hard to believe its been a year already.and the place is still standing

Has anyone heard the "I believe" song that one of the members wrote? :rockon:

Is it on the web or anything? :rockon:

I heard that it is a real sad song about the members from atlanta!! :cry:

Pioneer, Thanks for posting that link.

That just reminds me about how pissed off I am at Ford management for throwing away so much of the stockholders equity closing these plants.

How much would it cost to replace that plant? How much was invested in training all of those people?

At least those costs can be measured in dollars and cents.

The cost in human suffering can't be counted so easily. What a waste.

I keep trying to find something good out of all of this but it just doesn't come out.

Intellectually, I know that if people don't want to buy the cars, then there is no need to build them, but isn't there some kind of middle road?

Great song, wish everybody could hear it.

I drive past that place and I remember the good times and the bad times(mostly good) and it is 1 day less than a year that marked my last day at AAP. Walking down that mezzanine for the last time I can't describe the emotions I felt, from loss, sadness, dispair,apprehension, ete,ete. I now work at Delta off aviation blvd. Several AAP people got hired there and we still get together and talk about things. I have heard of several AAP members committing suicide, the divorces, and family breakups. It was a trying time for us all. I still think of what could have been, but wasn't. I treasure my time at AAP, I met a lot of classy people and have memories that will last a lifetime.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

P.S Nothing like seeing myself in that video on the last Taurus down the flat top.

I drive past that place and I remember the good times and the bad times(mostly good) and it is 1 day less than a year that marked my last day at AAP. Walking down that mezzanine for the last time I can't describe the emotions I felt, from loss, sadness, dispair,apprehension, ete,ete. I now work at Delta off aviation blvd. Several AAP people got hired there and we still get together and talk about things. I have heard of several AAP members committing suicide, the divorces, and family breakups. It was a trying time for us all. I still think of what could have been, but wasn't. I treasure my time at AAP, I met a lot of classy people and have memories that will last a lifetime.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

P.S Nothing like seeing myself in that video on the last Taurus down the flat top.

Bob I have your last walk out on film remember I followed you out that day.Miss you buddy I hope your doing good.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

Did people really commit suicide? If so that's terrible!! I can really relate to that video. Seeing those Taurus and Sables on the line remind me when they were on our line here in Chicago. Now that we are on the hit list that video really hits home!!

Bob I have your last walk out on film remember I followed you out that day.Miss you buddy I hope your doing good.

yeah Hendew, I had forgotten, I'm doing OK, I heard the latest suicide was Ted Ringhausen, he checked the trucks on the loading dock, he was married to Linda, a skilled trades person both are good people. I ran into both at Sams in January and both seemed to be doing well, so this came out of the blue. David Kidd told me about Ted. real bummer

How things going with you?

Bob

God bless the people of AAP. I've owned two of your products over the years, and you've indeed left a legacy - of many miles of a job well done.
I still can't believe Ford canned AAP. The number 1 quality/productivity plant in all of North America. Another mistake Ford has made. Few years ago I was thinking about signing up for flowback to go there, that would of sucked moving to ATL then finding out the plant is going down. I wonder how many times that has happened to UAW workers not just at Ford but at GM and Chrysler ....move to a different plant then find out that plant is closing...then you gotta move again......bullshit. Edited by fantasyfrank

Yesterday, all I could think about was what I was doing same time last year...It was raining it's ass off that last day. Seemed very appropriate for the day. I am going to have many cocktails today, watch the Atlanta Nextel race on TV, and call Diamond Head up to see how sober he is this afternoon...Hope all are doing well...