Wayne Assembly

Ckr01

I work Midnights, ( cyckle checker ) came in...plant should be on 2 10 hour shifts, NO-BODY home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Rumor from sweepers, bad defrosters?, Going to be off th rest of the week? I have not heard a

word from anybody officially as of yet, not even my usual night letter from management, did

not get one tonight... :stats:

I work Midnights, ( cyckle checker ) came in...plant should be on 2 10 hour shifts, NO-BODY home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Rumor from sweepers, bad defrosters?, Going to be off th rest of the week? I have not heard a

word from anybody officially as of yet, not even my usual night letter from management, did

not get one tonight... :stats:

I called Security and they had no clue. I called the union offices, no answer. Finally got through to a live body at Labor. His answer was no work dayshift today, has no clue abouit nights or tomorrow, and if checks will be handed out. Apparently I am just to stay close to the radio and listen to WJR, or WWJ. Any contact numbers or info is appreciated.

I called Security and they had no clue. I called the union offices, no answer. Finally got through to a live body at Labor. His answer was no work dayshift today, has no clue abouit nights or tomorrow, and if checks will be handed out. Apparently I am just to stay close to the radio and listen to WJR, or WWJ. Any contact numbers or info is appreciated.

The reason we are down today is because of faulty defrosters on some of the units. They want to check everyone to ensure they weed out the faulty ones. Another quality vendor used by Ford :banghead:

as of 08:20A.M. this morning, the afternoon shift has been cancelled............we have told to listen to WWJ radio for further updates............ :banghead:

Another quality vendor used by Ford :banghead:

Yeah, called Valeo. SRP lost the new Focus because we couldnt come close enough to their bid. And Valeo (currently waiting to buy SRP) balks at paying our temps $14/hr because they say their avg manuf.wage is around $10.71/hr. I dont recall SRP ever cancelling 2 shifts(and counting) , over what should be a 100% quality check down in Hamilton,Ohio. Oh thats right each operator is respnsible for their own quality.

as of 08:20A.M. this morning, the afternoon shift has been cancelled............we have told to listen to WWJ radio for further updates............ :banghead:

OK, here is the story I heard yesterday just before quitting time. We were scheduled for Sat. I have Friday off, so if anyone hears anything else please post. Thanks. Also don't know how true the information is.

Edited by Emigh

Another quality vendor used by Ford :banghead:

:redcard::redcard::redcard:

Um, NO. The vendor (A ford ACH plant) had nothing to do with it, Valeo had nothing to do with it either. This is flatout a design/engineering issue from Ford. And it has been known about for sometime now too. But the fix showed up either today or last night.

The issue is a certain duct that is inside the IP. One hole is larger then the other. Feeding more air to the pass. side. Even with the issue being known, They tried a proven method... Put a bigger motor in the blower assy. :banghead:

A hole of certain dia. can only flow so much air.....

now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Edited by wildosvt

Um, NO. The vendor (A ford ACH plant) had nothing to do with it, Valeo had nothing to do with it either. This is flatout a design/engineering issue from Ford. And it has been known about for sometime now too. But the fix showed up either today or last night.

The issue is a certain duct that is inside the IP. One hole is larger then the other. Feeding more air to the pass. side. Even with the issue being known, They tried a proven method... Put a bigger motor in the blower assy. :banghead:

Thanks so much for the info. I was wondering what happened. The news reports has it down as a parts shortage. I guess they don't want the word to get out. Still waiting to hear if we are working Fri. or Sat.

Thanks so much for the info. I was wondering what happened. The news reports has it down as a parts shortage. I guess they don't want the word to get out. Still waiting to hear if we are working Fri. or Sat.

They are right (for once). There is a shortage of the part needed. :hysterical: How many 08 Foci have built since Job1/launch?

Your welcome. Im glad to have been able to help shed some light on this for ya'll. Don't forget to listen to the radio tommorrow just incase.

Ok, I just heard unofficial that Sat. production is cancelled and we might not work next week.

Edited by Emigh

I must correct something I posted earlier. "They tried to install a larger blower motor, But it did not fit".

I won't go any further in detail about the problem, But I would imagine someone on Fords payroll will be fired due to this issue.. But I will say again, It is not a supplier issue.

I must correct something I posted earlier. "They tried to install a larger blower motor, But it did not fit".

I won't go any further in detail about the problem, But I would imagine someone on Fords payroll will be fired due to this issue.. But I will say again, It is not a supplier issue.

I understood what you said. You said the design needed to be redone because it was not working properly. I am sure that Ford would not like the news media get wind of this. So a part shortage is a better explanation. Predelivery has been working for two days driving vehicles to another location.

Edited by Emigh

you know,before i went to ktp i worked in the sheet metal union for a while as an "industrial worker".i learned about how much air can flow thru how big a hose(duct) and stuff like that.ive had engineers argue that point with me,that it wasnt true.guess maybe some of those engineers now work for ford,lol

another good one is the myth of the "coriolis effect".you know,how sinks drain one way above the equator and the other way below it? its a real thing,but it only applies to major weather patterns and not toilets and sinks. oh well,i gotta find a bottle of rum and start the weekend.