New Contract and TCAP

sista

As there is nothing official leaked yet on the specifics of the new contract, but unofficially there is talk about sparing plants that were slated for closure, and the local talk at TCAP is production will continue until at least December 08, is there any hope that TCAP might be spared as well?

As there is nothing official leaked yet on the specifics of the new contract, but unofficially there is talk about sparing plants that were slated for closure, and the local talk at TCAP is production will continue until at least December 08, is there any hope that TCAP might be spared as well?
From what I've read, (which dosen't mean a thing) I've seen no mention of TCAP being spared...once again it's too early to say. Is anybody really safe? No.

From what I've read, (which dosen't mean a thing) I've seen no mention of TCAP being spared...once again it's too early to say. Is anybody really safe? No.

TCAP remains on a 50hr mandatory manufacturing schedule, decreasing to 40 hrs for the month of December only, picking back up to 50hrs after Christmas shutdown. We've just finished a mandatory every other Saturday schedule that started in August. $3 million profit per week after costs. Is the Company in a position to idle a plant earning $150 mil per anum?

TCAP remains on a 50hr mandatory manufacturing schedule, decreasing to 40 hrs for the month of December only, picking back up to 50hrs after Christmas shutdown. We've just finished a mandatory every other Saturday schedule that started in August. $3 million profit per week after costs. Is the Company in a position to idle a plant earning $150 mil per anum?
I agree 100% with what you are saying....don't forget what Ford did with Atlanta. Nobody was better then ATL and look what happened to them...like I said in my other reply....nobody is safe.

I agree 100% with what you are saying....don't forget what Ford did with Atlanta. Nobody was better then ATL and look what happened to them...like I said in my other reply....nobody is safe.

The articles that I have read stated "no more closures beyond those already announced". TCAP was told they were closing, right?

The articles that I have read stated "no more closures beyond those already announced". TCAP was told they were closing, right?

TCAP was identified in January 07 as slated for closure. The consensus at that time was September 07 we'd close. Effective August we went to mandatory OT, 50 hrs one week, 58 the next. This was repeated thru the end of October. Now told earliest closure is December 08. Just curious if we may face an extended reprieve under the new contract.

I know that no one is safe.

I know other plants have been id'd and slated for closure only to remain open for years.

Just curious about ideas regarding a possible longer run for TCAP under the new contract

Hey what's up everyone? This is my first post, so newbie crap!! Anyway sista we are all in the same boat as you. We want to know what's going on but we are all helpless at this point. Hopefully you got something out of the deal (the buyouts) because right now there is no future at TCAP. Maybe you are the ones who want to transfer -but I don't know when you started at TCAP. I've been at TCAP for 13 years and we have no power whatsoever in the phase of keeping our jobs at the facility.

TCAP was identified in January 07 as slated for closure. The consensus at that time was September 07 we'd close. Effective August we went to mandatory OT, 50 hrs one week, 58 the next. This was repeated thru the end of October. Now told earliest closure is December 08. Just curious if we may face an extended reprieve under the new contract.

I know other plants have been id'd and slated for closure only to remain open for years.

Just curious about ideas regarding a possible longer run for TCAP under the new contract

Ford is suppose to close 6 more plants according to the original 16 they first stated. Who is to say there even is 6 more plants? Does anyone believe besides me that they planned to hold this over our heads every contract?

Sista,

I spent 12+ years at TCAP with you. When they announced TCAP's closure, the 'official word' was that TCAP would run through the '08 model year which places end of production around July of '08. Then idling the plant for closure might take skilled trades until Dec. of '08. The concensus of a Sept. '07 closure was strictly plant rumor because no one could see getting a contract approved in a plant that only had 1 yr to go after ratification.

As Wallflower stated, everything I've read said no additional plants. TCAP was already on the list.

Boegey

Hey what's up everyone? This is my first post, so newbie crap!! Anyway sista we are all in the same boat as you. We want to know what's going on but we are all helpless at this point. Hopefully you got something out of the deal (the buyouts) because right now there is no future at TCAP. Maybe you are the ones who want to transfer -but I don't know when you started at TCAP. I've been at TCAP for 13 years and we have no power whatsoever in the phase of keeping our jobs at the facility.

I feel badly for those lost TCAP souls that still hope for a TCAP resurrection. Sista, you and your friends would be better off taking advantage of Minnesota's dislocated worker's program that has been offered to you and preparing for WHEN TCAP closes. You have no control of the plant closure date but you can control how prepared you will be when it occurs.

Boegey

No one knows the future and it is not guaranteed to any of us, do the best you can to see to it that the customers get what they pay for while giving your team leader sh-t in the meantime for the purpose of building quality and enjoy the view. Make sure that your parts are assembled to the best of your ability and it will give your plant longevity! Right now Ford has had the most quality improvement over every manufacturer and it ends when you decide to give up! God Bless us all!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I feel badly for those lost TCAP souls that still hope for a TCAP resurrection. Sista, you and your friends would be better off taking advantage of Minnesota's dislocated worker's program that has been offered to you and preparing for WHEN TCAP closes. You have no control of the plant closure date but you can control how prepared you will be when it occurs.

Boegey

Hey, Boegy. Already have signed up for dislocated worker program. All my little duckies are in a row, military formation. I have a good many friends still at TCAP and am just wondering if there is any chance of a reprieve. Minnesota has offered some decent cash and tax incentives to keep the plant open.

Edited by sista

TCAP get an extension, but no reprive !

From UAW Ford Report, page 4

• Ranger production has been extended for one year.
  • No future product has been identified beyond the current product lifecycle.
  • The plant will close in 2009.
  • UAW and Ford will jointly explore opportunities for Twin Cities Assembly seniority employees.

Hey, Boegy. Already have signed up for dislocated worker program. All my little duckies are in a row, military formation. I have a good many friends still at TCAP and am just wondering if there is any chance of a reprieve. Minnesota has offered some decent cash and tax incentives to keep the plant open.

Sista,

I'm glad to hear you are taking advantage of the dislocated worker program and are ready for whatever comes your way. I just heard you folks got one more year. Congrats! Use you time wisely. Good luck.

Boegey

TCAP get an extension, but no reprive !

From UAW Ford Report, page 4

• Ranger production has been extended for one year.
  • No future product has been identified beyond the current product lifecycle.
  • The plant will close in 2009.
  • UAW and Ford will jointly explore opportunities for Twin Cities Assembly seniority employees.

pages 105A thru 130A in the big white book refer to preferentual placement alot of reworded language in there .

Basics are Since TCAP is not on the already idled or cloure list you guys should be given the maximum of 2 years in GEN or if they give laid off workers from there 2 opportunities for tranfering to openings systemwide.

If those people turn down the 2 placment oportunities they will cease to be employee's of Ford ,basicly you get two chances to move once in "protected status" or you are done.

Employee's at the following plants get 1 chance in the 3 months following ratifacation or they are done with the company (refering to page 163C in the big white book)Edison Assembly, Chesterfielf Trim, Maumee Stamping, St Louis Assembly, Norfolk Assembly and Atlanta Assembly .

Those employees will be on protected status for a period of 3 months after ratification and presented one final placement opportunity and or choice of one of the Special Retirment/Seperation Programs.

Any employee who fails to accept either a placement opportunity or Speacial retirement program will be placed on inactive employment status,with the imidiate cessation of all company-provided income and benefits,including healthcare.

Add to my last post in one of the unpublished letters reads as follows

Subject: Plant closing and sale moratorium exceptions

Notwithstanding any sourcing moratorium during the term of the 2007 agreement,Ford Motor Company may concider,as exceptions to the Plant Closing and Sale Moratorium letter of understanding:Atlanta assembly,Batavia, Cleveland Casting, Maumee Stamping, Norfolk Assembly, St Lois assembly , Twin Cities Assembly and Wixom Assemblt plant.

In addidtion,Woodhaven Forging Plant may be concidered for sale or close during the term of this agreement by mutual agreement of the parties.

Very truely your,

Bill Dirksen,

Exective Director US Labor Affairs

Source was unpublished letter 18U not in the White pages book.

everyone who came back as a temp had to sign a letter saying they would be temporary employees for 2 years. since a majority came back in jan the 2 years will have passed before the plant closes. any word on what happens after 2 years? my understanding would be that by march 2009 a majority would have the 2 years plus 90 days in as temps. would they be considered full time by the time the plant closes? and would that influence fords timing on closing the plant?

would they be considered full time by the time the plant closes?

Read the white book. Any temp worker still working at TCAP after Sept. 2009 will be considered a full time Ford employee, and will be up for a transfer to another Ford facility unless you are a former full-time Ford worker who took a separation package. No worker who took a separation package and then hired back in as a TFT will ever be a full-time worker for Ford again.

If you are a person that took a separation package and are now a TFT, you will never be a regular Ford worker again no matter how much time you work as a TFT.

White book, letter 398U.

Pioneer, you obviously have no common sense. If there are any employees left there after Sept 2009, they will be full time employees anyways. There are no in zone facilities and most of the people there will not move until they have to. Hence, all of the TFT will be removed from the system first and then the full timers will be removed last. Besides, no TFT will be allowed to become full time until after all ACH and GEN protected employees are absorbed. You are another one that reads things and interprets them to his liking. Take a class on english lit and learn the language.

If there are any employees left there after Sept 2009, they will be full time employees anyways.

Not if you previously took a separation package.

4. Employees who accepted a separation package and subsequently returned to work as a temporary employee at the Twin Cities Assembly Plant are not eligible for the provisions of this agreement.

What part of that statement do you not understand? Seems pretty clear to me.