all new hires will be 2nd tier no matter what job they take

cobra8

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1194081678...p_us_whats_news

Wow. That's what it says alright. I hope that is either bad information or a misprint

So now instead of just the non-core people cutting our legs out from under us we have to worry about the lineworker next to us having resentment for doing the same work for less pay! Great, I only get one vote but this is bullsh-t! How long will it take before we work for the lower tier, or they offer them a raise to get them to vote for a pay cut for us? I can hear it now "We have to level out the wage gap"! They can go f-ck their selves!

My original thinking was (and I posted this the other day) that 'non-core' would eventually be re-defined to include practically everyone, but I suppose FMC decided they couldn't wait 4 more years until the next contract to make those changes.

I'm sure that FMC and the Union are counting on the membership to be so thrilled at the prospect of their plants remaining open (for the time being) that they won't give a thought to new-hires. I mean, it has nothing to do with the members who are working NOW, so who gives 2 hoots about what happens to future employees?

If that article is accurate, it will be interesting to see how the membership votes. It will be a true test of the workers' character.

So now instead of just the non-core people cutting our legs out from under us we have to worry about the lineworker next to us having resentment for doing the same work for less pay!

Some of us have been working like that for a year. Once you do, and you will, you'll see a remarkable change come over you. Becareful how you speak, the walls have ears. They are also your local union brothers and sisters too. :)

So now instead of just the non-core people cutting our legs out from under us we have to worry about the lineworker next to us having resentment for doing the same work for less pay! Great, I only get one vote but this is bullsh-t! How long will it take before we work for the lower tier, or they offer them a raise to get them to vote for a pay cut for us? I can hear it now "We have to level out the wage gap"! They can go f-ck their selves!

I agree, Furious!! And of course, they'll only have the highlights of the contract for you to read and vote on. It's the stuff you Don't see that you will find out is really all about. By then, it's too late!!! I say that a large number of NO VOTES are in order.....the time to make a stand on what you believe in has arrived. Time to fight back :rockon: :banmolest: :rockon: :fan: :banmolest:

The Wall Street Journal just updated the article on the settlement. They are saying all new hires will be paid the lower amount -$12 to $16 per hour even any new hired assembly line workers.

www.wsj.com

Well then I guess this would be a 2 TIER scale wouldnt it ?? Eh, Level ?? And I dont recall 2nd tier starting at $12/hr over at GM or Chrysler. Hope there is more good news besides a signing bonus. This article implies that all these concessions are in exchange of keeping a very few plants open a couple yrs longer. Big deal.

Well then I guess this would be a 2 TIER scale wouldnt it ?? Eh, Level ?? And I dont recall 2nd tier starting at $12/hr over at GM or Chrysler. Hope there is more good news besides a signing bonus. This article implies that all these concessions are in exchange of keeping a very few plants open a couple yrs longer. Big deal.

"ENTRY LEVEL IS NOT A TWO TIER" :hysterical:

:shrug: Twelve dollars an hour , does ford really expect or should i say care , that you can go work at any warehouse in the country for damn near twelve dollars! WHY THE F*%K WOULD WE STAY AT FORD IF ALL OF THE INCENTIVES TO DO SO ARE REMOVED???????( Reasonable health care , pensions and pay that is somewhere near what the job demands). The turnover and lack of quality will be huge. Yeah people will line up and take these jobs , wait until they work them for a few weeks for that wage , see ya will be their reply!! THIS INTERNATIONAL UNION IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE. THE ABSOLUTE SNOW JOB OF "JOB SECURITY" IS LAUGHABLE AND SHOULD BE CALLED WHAT IT IS A JOKE!!!! WE ARE BEING SOLD OUT BY A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WHO ARENT CREATIVE ENOUGH TO SECURE DEALS THAT BENEFIT US IN THE SLIGHTEST WAY. ALL OF THESE CLOSURE WARNINGS WERE JUST SUCKERPUNCH , THROWAWAYS THAT THE COMPANY COULD USE TO GUT US. NICE JOB GETTLEF*&%KER! GO RETIRE ON OUR DIME NOW YOU HACK!! THE UNION AS CURRENTLY CONSTITUTED WILL NEVER SERVE US , UNTIL THEY ARE DONE SERVING THEIR MASTERS IN DEARBORN...HACKS!

The second tier, according to The Detroit News, Nov. 5th, Will be CAPPED @ 20% of total workforce, meaning they are not become a majority or now where near majority, thus not enough to vote are wages down. Also, as hiring continues those remaining above the cap of 20 % should move into the top tier, thus giving them a reason to see our teir get increases etc..etc..... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

The second tier, according to The Detroit News, Nov. 5th, Will be CAPPED @ 20% of total workforce, meaning they are not become a majority or now where near majority, thus not enough to vote are wages down. Also, as hiring continues those remaining above the cap of 20 % should move into the top tier, thus giving them a reason to see our teir get increases etc..etc..... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

20% initially, GM has reported that they expect to facilitate 75% within the next 2 years! Don't count your chickens. I'm not a pessimist, but rather a realist with the same concerns as everyone else on my side of the fence!

20% initially, GM has reported that they expect to facilitate 75% within the next 2 years! Don't count your chickens. I'm not a pessimist, but rather a realist with the same concerns as everyone else on my side of the fence!

Im hearing that Fords contract is much different in regard to the 2nd tier new hire. It will NOT be restricted to non-core, will be ALL new hires, but will include this 20% cap. Much different than GM's or Chryslers :stats:

Im hearing that Fords contract is much different in regard to the 2nd tier new hire. It will NOT be restricted to non-core, will be ALL new hires, but will include this 20% cap. Much different than GM's or Chryslers :stats:

That's worse, the only reason that I liked the GM, Crystler deal was that people performing the work I perform would get paid the same as me. Now just screwing new people is asking for a beating. You know what though at least the premium jobs will still be afforded to those who have earned them through seniority the way it should be. There is not much that is pattern about this part of our agreement! I can't wait to read the rest!!!!!!! I will try to reserve my position until after I've had a chance to read it all though!

You're not the only one, Pioneer. If you ask me, IT'S BAD SHIT, and I do mean--BAD.

come on people! we have had two-tier since 89. i hired in 94 and i worked next to people that made $8 hr more than me, and didnt reach full pay until three years later. this is nothing new here at ford.

That's worse, the only reason that I liked the GM, Crystler deal was that people performing the work I perform would get paid the same as me. Now just screwing new people is asking for a beating. You know what though at least the premium jobs will still be afforded to those who have earned them through seniority the way it should be. There is not much that is pattern about this part of our agreement! I can't wait to read the rest!!!!!!! I will try to reserve my position until after I've had a chance to read it all though!

my friends wife just hired into gm and she is not at full pay! maybe you should just wait, before adding these silly comments

:happy feet: :censored::censored::censored: What in the hell are these guys tkinking? I understand they need to cut cost, agree to some of it. The company is trying to get the public to finally believe, which I think our quality control over the years has improved. Now you replace your expierenced assembly worker(buyout,retirees,ect) with a 1/2 priced non expierenced worker which knows they will never make what we make. The turnover will be unbelievable, not only will they get the worst of the worst jobs but to stand next to another assembler with a decent job making half the wage. I SEE THE QUALITY GOING BACK BECUASE OF EMPLOYEE TURNOVER WILL BE HUGE!!!!! Ant body with any sense would NEVER NEVER I MEAN NEVER vote for a contract with this type of a wage tier.

The Wall Street Journal just updated the article on the settlement. They are saying all new hires will be paid the lower amount -$12 to $16 per hour even any new hired assembly line workers.

www.wsj.com

i worked under two-tier at american air filter,uaw 791,for 8 years.bottom tier stopped $4 below top pay.

i could never explain what a divisive item it was in the plant.

the top tier guys had hired in at full pay,not even under a progression scale like what ford has used up til now for new hires. they (some of them) took the position that the younger guys had no right to expect to get what it took them years to get right off the bat.never mind that they had gotten it all that way,and bottom tier never made full pay.

we tried to get the top tier dropped down to our wage, we had become the majority in the plant. the uaw would not negotiate for it.

:happy feet: :censored::censored::censored: What in the hell are these guys tkinking? I understand they need to cut cost, agree to some of it. The company is trying to get the public to finally believe, which I think our quality control over the years has improved. Now you replace your expierenced assembly worker(buyout,retirees,ect) with a 1/2 priced non expierenced worker which knows they will never make what we make. The turnover will be unbelievable, not only will they get the worst of the worst jobs but to stand next to another assembler with a decent job making half the wage. I SEE THE QUALITY GOING BACK BECUASE OF EMPLOYEE TURNOVER WILL BE HUGE!!!!! Ant body with any sense would NEVER NEVER I MEAN NEVER vote for a contract with this type of a wage tier.

What would you vote for?

i worked under two-tier at american air filter,uaw 791,for 8 years.bottom tier stopped $4 below top pay.

i could never explain what a divisive item it was in the plant.

the top tier guys had hired in at full pay,not even under a progression scale like what ford has used up til now for new hires. they (some of them) took the position that the younger guys had no right to expect to get what it took them years to get right off the bat.never mind that they had gotten it all that way,and bottom tier never made full pay.

we tried to get the top tier dropped down to our wage, we had become the majority in the plant. the uaw would not negotiate for it.

However, if the 2nd tier are kept at 20% and given a chance at "regular UAW" jobs :stats: why would they then want to negotiate a cut for those at the top 1st tier.

This is, I agree though a very divisive pratice. I know people who work in such plants outside the auto industry and they are warnibg of a tense work environment down the road.