• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was available on the upcoming 2008 Town Car, and on the fleet-only Crown Vic.

Not available on the Grand Marquis, to my knowledge - Ford is trying wean people off of the car by limiting options and selection, hoping they are too lazy to look around, and will settle for a Sable.

I thought it was available on the upcoming 2008 Town Car, and on the fleet-only Crown Vic.

Not available on the Grand Marquis, to my knowledge - Ford is trying wean people off of the car by limiting options and selection, hoping they are too lazy to look around, and will settle for a Sable.

If they are not available on the GMQ and the upcoming STAP TC, than that is just retarded. I can see them trying to streamline things since they've killed off one Panther plant and probably understaffed the only remaining one, but if anything they should make dual exhaust standard since it goes on the CVPIs anyway. :doh:

Just more indications that Ford does not want to sell these cars. :banghead:

:hysterical: Brilliant Strategy!...NOT!

A while back someone had a better idea. They'd try to get us to buy an SUV. THAT might have some legs. But a Sable :huh:... not likely. We just laugh at sales people ( with a look that says "your that demented eh?" ) who try that one.

I think dual exhausts and the 3.27 rear axle ratio should be standard...or at least an option. Its dumb, but predictable as already indicated. They want to kill the cars, so axe the best options. They'll probably start stripping off other options, as well and the dealer orders will get fewer and fewer.

Now, I can somewhat understand the suspension part. The HPP suspension is noticably firmer, which may not set well with the more mature buyers. The air suspension may not be desirable either by those that are afraid of long-term reliability, however its a shame to kill off these options for a few that want it.

You know I was thinking the other day. One of the best radar detectors on the market has constantly grown better with every version, however it is still housed in a case that is reimincent of the original. The Valentine One is an all-around champ in its class, but lots of folks rather have the sleeker plastic case of the other brands that can't hold a candle to the magnesium-encased V1. Sure, sounds familiar when applied to the Panthers.

I looked at a Taurus when I was picking up parts for my Crown Vic. The only + over my car is the additional rear leg room, thats it thats all. With that said, my next vehicle will be a truck, only because I need it and my '03 Crown Vic will not be considered as a trade in.

• 2 weeks later...
We just bought an '08 Grand Marquis LS..it's super comfy to drive! It only has one exhaust pipe, but if I want another the local muffler shop can bend up something. It's a nice car..heated seats even!

The deals you can get on that vehicle are remarkable, especially when you compare it to what is available for the same price.

I hope you got the rear air suspension - it is a handy option to have when hauling heavy items, or heavy people.

We just bought an '08 Grand Marquis LS..it's super comfy to drive! It only has one exhaust pipe, but if I want another the local muffler shop can bend up something. It's a nice car..heated seats even!

Good choice and congrats! I had the opportunity recently to drive a 2007 Grand Marquis LS and I was impressed. I figured I would not like the wireless throttle but I didn't even notice it. The 03+ front end improvements are worth every penny.

The deals you can get on that vehicle are remarkable, especially when you compare it to what is available for the same price.

I hope you got the rear air suspension - it is a handy option to have when hauling heavy items, or heavy people.

Nah, we didn't get the air suspension..I have a pickup to haul things around. Definitely a good deal though, $5500 rebate and my A-plan...even the sticker price was a couple grand less than what was on the 04 Explorer when we bought it new. It's an LS Premium, what they call "norsea blue metallic", tan leather, the nice chrome wheels. Nice car.

Good choice and congrats! I had the opportunity recently to drive a 2007 Grand Marquis LS and I was impressed. I figured I would not like the wireless throttle but I didn't even notice it. The 03+ front end improvements are worth every penny.

Wireless throttles are a good thing, why would you not like them?

Wireless throttles are a good thing, why would you not like them?

This may come as a shock to you, but I actually prefer it low tech. I get less than enthusiased about turning more control over to a computer. Also, I've read PDs have reported probs with 2005 CVPIs suddenly accelerating on them for no reason, albeit limited reports.

This may come as a shock to you, but I actually prefer it low tech. I get less than enthusiased about turning more control over to a computer. Also, I've read PDs have reported probs with 2005 CVPIs suddenly accelerating on them for no reason, albeit limited reports.

Who would have ever thought that you would like low tech.

You could probably find a wrecked '03+ Panther and use the exhaust off if that. If you find a P71, you will get an "H" pipe and no resonators in the tips.

You could probably find a wrecked '03+ Panther and use the exhaust off if that. If you find a P71, you will get an "H" pipe and no resonators in the tips.

Oh, so the CV's with dual exhausts had REAL duals, not one cat into two pipes? If I get the muffler shop to run duals, it won't be real...just a 1 into 2 muffler, which I think is pretty gay.

Oh, so the CV's with dual exhausts had REAL duals, not one cat into two pipes? If I get the muffler shop to run duals, it won't be real...just a 1 into 2 muffler, which I think is pretty gay.

Yeah...I believe ANY Panther that left the factory with dual exhaust...had true dual. Mine is true dual with an "H" pipe at the front of the drive shaft.

HOWEVER, the Civilian models with dual exhaust had resonators in the exhaust tip. The police models do not.

Check HERE for more info.

I've driven and ridden in my mom's 2008 Marquis GS... stripped down model (not even adjustable pedals) but it drives REALLY NICE... great ride! Dark Toreador Red too.

Beautiful.

Taurus and Sable, offer more legroom, more headroom, larger trunk, and better gas mileage, with more features for the money... I was trying to get her to buy that instead, but she still got a great vehicle either way.

Yeah...I believe ANY Panther that left the factory with dual exhaust...had true dual. Mine is true dual with an "H" pipe at the front of the drive shaft.

HOWEVER, the Civilian models with dual exhaust had resonators in the exhaust tip. The police models do not.

Check HERE for more info.

All correct. Mine has true duals right from the exhaust manifolds...just like on the Mustang GTs...with a factory H-pipe. However, the HPP comes with the resonators just before the exhaust tips. Its still got a more throaty sound than the standard single exhaust, but not quite like the CVPI. Of course, the tips can be cut off.

Edited by Traveler

I've driven and ridden in my mom's 2008 Marquis GS... stripped down model (not even adjustable pedals) but it drives REALLY NICE... great ride! Dark Toreador Red too.

Beautiful.

Taurus and Sable, offer more legroom, more headroom, larger trunk, and better gas mileage, with more features for the money... I was trying to get her to buy that instead, but she still got a great vehicle either way.

I think she made the right choice. The Grand Marquis offers RWD, B-O-F construction, legendary durability and longevity. Good choice. :shades:

It still just baffles me Ford not offering at the very LEAST dual exhaust on the 08+. That is just retarded.

I've read PDs have reported probes with 2005 CPUs suddenly accelerating on them for no reason

I've never heard of that problem. We also had a pretty good grapevine over the INTERNET when it came to equipment problems. More likely a floor mat or a boot hitting the gas pedal.

Ford will kill the PD business if they drop some of those options.

So..

The only way I can get duals on the Grand Marquis is to find a set from either a P71 or civilan dual exhaust car, and have a shop install the whole system? What about catalytic converters?

That sounds like a pain in the ass. Unless there is a place I can get the whole system from without hacking it out of another car, I'll just say to hell with it.

I've never heard of that problem. We also had a pretty good grapevine over the INTERNET when it came to equipment problems. More likely a floor mat or a boot hitting the gas pedal.

There's been some news stories linked over at CVN about it. Right now what (or who) the cause may be has yet to be determined.

To me, I can't understand why Ford doesn't just put dual exhausts on all Panther models rather than making it a CVPI exclusive now. Certainly there's not that big a difference in gas mileage and with the silencers in place, I doubt many owners would even care and those that wanted it, wouldn't have to ask. Does the H-Pipe and dual cat-back really cost so much that Ford can't make it standard? Looks like it would be easier on STAP to use the same exhaust systems.

To me, I can't understand why Ford doesn't just put dual exhausts on all Panther models rather than making it a CVPI exclusive now. Certainly there's not that big a difference in gas mileage and with the silencers in place, I doubt many owners would even care and those that wanted it, wouldn't have to ask. Does the H-Pipe and dual cat-back really cost so much that Ford can't make it standard? Looks like it would be easier on STAP to use the same exhaust systems.

I agree, especially since they are down to one shift.

Edited by Armada Master