Difference between '08 FEH & MMH??

Nedrick

Since it comes with remote on the key for '08 and a separate fob in earlier years, why did you buy this?

I've had those keypads on 4 vehicles for over 10 years and have never used them once. But to each their own.

That's what I hear, eiter it's used (frequently) or never. For me, I've had it on my last 3 Fords. I live out in the sticks, and when I'm out in the large yard (acres) I rarely have my keys on me. There are times I need something inside, sunglasses, work gloves, etc, and to lazy to go to the house to get the keys to get inside. On one I keep a spare key inside hidden so if I need to move it, all I do is punch the code and get the key. Handy when I feel the desire to do yard work and need the big truck. Not that I'd ever do it, but with small kids there's always the fear of either locking yourself out of the car, or the kids locking themselves in. I never leave my kids alone, but I could see how you can get somewhere, get distracted (kids) and get out with the keys inside somehow. That's one reason I never lock the doors with the switch, always with the remote!

The kids are always forgetting stuff in the car, books, coats, etc. So They know the code so they can get it themselves w/o having to take my keys. So I find them useful, and I know some never touch them.

Edited by 08HybridOK

That's what I hear, eiter it's used (frequently) or never. For me, I've had it on my last 3 Fords. I live out in the sticks, and when I'm out in the large yard (acres) I rarely have my keys on me. There are times I need something inside, sunglasses, work gloves, etc, and to lazy to go to the house to get the keys to get inside. On one I keep a spare key inside hidden so if I need to move it, all I do is punch the code and get the key. Handy when I feel the desire to do yard work and need the big truck. Not that I'd ever do it, but with small kids there's always the fear of either locking yourself out of the car, or the kids locking themselves in. I never leave my kids alone, but I could see how you can get somewhere, get distracted (kids) and get out with the keys inside somehow. That's one reason I never lock the doors with the switch, always with the remote!

The kids are always forgetting stuff in the car, books, coats, etc. So They know the code so they can get it themselves w/o having to take my keys. So I find them useful, and I know some never touch them.

I use the keypad all the time. I also like how it can perform multiple functions: (after entering code press:) [3/4]-unlocks all doors; [5/6]-pops rear window hatch; [7/8] and [9/0] combo - locks vehicle (does your Escape do these, since yours was added on?)

I use the keypad all the time. I also like how it can perform multiple functions: (after entering code press:) [3/4]-unlocks all doors; [5/6]-pops rear window hatch; [7/8] and [9/0] combo - locks vehicle (does your Escape do these, since yours was added on?)

Exactly the same :) I use all but the hatch frequently. Usually if I'm putting something in the back, I'm going to be driving at the same time, so then I have my keys ;)

I have the Ford aftermarket unit on my 2000 Mustang (it works for almost all 99+ Fords that came with the keyless entry keyfob). It does all the same functions. My first car with the keypad was my previous ride, an 87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. It was great when you go to the beach and you can just throw your wallet and keys in the trunk so you don't have to worry about them.

Exactly the same :) I use all but the hatch frequently. Usually if I'm putting something in the back, I'm going to be driving at the same time, so then I have my keys ;)

I don't use the hatch function that much either (same situation as you), but it's nice to have for the occasional use.

I asked about the functions b/c I wasn't sure if the system functioned the same as the integrated one, but according to you it does.

I have the Ford aftermarket unit on my 2000 Mustang (it works for almost all 99+ Fords that came with the keyless entry keyfob). It does all the same functions. My first car with the keypad was my previous ride, an 87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. It was great when you go to the beach and you can just throw your wallet and keys in the trunk so you don't have to worry about them.

I agree. I love being able to leave stuff in the car when you don't feel like carrying it (like at the beach).

Yeah, I use my keypad all the time. I just lock my keys in my car and use my keypad when I want to get in.

I use ours quite a bit, but probably not as often as you use yours, from what you've typed.

Welcome to BOF, btw! I hope you enjoy your time here, I know I am.

Edited by rmc523