Difference between '08 FEH & MMH??

Nedrick

We're looking at the FEH and are curious what some of the differences are between that and the MMH (besides the obvious like badging and appearance). I've heard that the MMH is a little softer ride. Can anyone confirm this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

We're looking at the FEH and are curious what some of the differences are between that and the MMH (besides the obvious like badging and appearance). I've heard that the MMH is a little softer ride. Can anyone confirm this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

The Mariner has more sound insulation and a softer, more comfortable ride. Besides, I think it's more stylish than the Escape.

The Mariner has more sound insulation and a softer, more comfortable ride. Besides, I think it's more stylish than the Escape.

Thanks! The funny thing is, the MMH actually lists a bit cheaper. I always thought Mercury was supposed to be the more "luxury" version of Ford. (Since, I've learned it's geared as an "metro-styled" version -- whatever that means.)

Also, one thing we found out at last moment. The Keyless Entry is absent on the Escape. However, my dealer was able to add it for about $145.00. The kit comes with a molding that is able to be painted to match the truck. It looks like the truck was born with it.

Sorry Trans,

No extra sound material, no softer "more comfortable" ride.

Stop listening to your salesperson so much when you make a purchase.

08FEH

Nah. Consumer Guide, http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com...y-mariner-1.htm, backs me up:

"Despite slightly higher base prices, Mariner offers little of substance over its Ford Escape cousin. The extra dollars bring only modestly upscale trim, a little extra sound insulation, and a more compliant ride. These compact SUVs are likable enough, but be sure to shop the competition first. "

Edited by Transpower

Nah. Consumer Guide, http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com...y-mariner-1.htm, backs me up:

"Despite slightly higher base prices, Mariner offers little of substance over its Ford Escape cousin. The extra dollars bring only modestly upscale trim, a little extra sound insulation, and a more compliant ride. These compact SUVs are likable enough, but be sure to shop the competition first. "

Their reporting is riddled with errors. Take a look at their fuel economy ratings and they list the 2WD FEH with the EPA fuel economy numbers from the AWD. I haven't seen that statement anywhere else regarding ride and insulation. Unless proven from a more reliable source, I think that is false.

Their reporting is riddled with errors. Take a look at their fuel economy ratings and they list the 2WD FEH with the EPA fuel economy numbers from the AWD. I haven't seen that statement anywhere else regarding ride and insulation. Unless proven from a more reliable source, I think that is false.

I know from using it many times that consumerguide has many errors in their specs.

I know from using it many times that consumerguide has many errors in their specs.

Consumer Guide states the fuel economy as 29/27, which is for the AWD version of the 2008 Hybrid. The specification is not labeled as for the FWD version. I've always found Consumer Guide to be accurate in its listing of specifications, and much more so than Consumer Reports.

Consumer Guide states the fuel economy as 29/27, which is for the AWD version of the 2008 Hybrid. The specification is not labeled as for the FWD version. I've always found Consumer Guide to be accurate in its listing of specifications, and much more so than Consumer Reports.

I have seen many times where they have gotten things like weight and dimensions wrong. An example is the Ford Excursion. According to CG, it is between 1000 and 2000 pounds. Another vehicle was said to be 8 inches taller than it really is. I forget what it was. I have found numerous errors.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, one thing we found out at last moment. The Keyless Entry is absent on the Escape. However, my dealer was able to add it for about $145.00. The kit comes with a molding that is able to be painted to match the truck. It looks like the truck was born with it.

Not to be rude, but wow! It's an $85 part from Ford or Ford Accessory Store even. Sure you have to paint it to match & peel the paper off the back to stick it to the door, but $60, comm'on Ford that's crazy!

I bought the old style off ebay, new one was not out or even mentioned yet, so I have the black cover, got it for like $80 shipped.

As for the differences, search greenhybrid.com

Here's one thread

And a few options differ a bit.

FEH has Chrome apperance package, MMH does not.

MMH comes with keyless entry pad, FEH does not (but can be ordered as a wireless stick on add-on that some FEH owners have done here)

Can order factory running boards on FEH, not on MMH but can get from dealer & install yourself or have the dealer do it.

I think the FEH has more paint color options then the MMH.

Ford makes about 4x FEH then MMH based on the product numbers I have seen over on BlueOvalForums.com. (but has a longer lead time currently)

I think there are a few exterier differences like the rear lights, front grills, but yes, basically the same, just depends on what looks better to you as Terry said. You can add the options after the fact if you can't get them on the version you order or find on the lot if you get lucky.

One tyhing you can do is visit both web sites & "build your own" to see the minor differences. Also a visit to both dealers (or a combo dealer) to view them both close up. Even if they don't have any hybrids in stock, from the exteriors you should get a good idea on which may be more your liking.

And another:

the FEH have black plastic interior door latches? It's chrome on the MMH. MMH has lumbar support FEH does not.

Also Interior colors, and MMH has fewer outside colors.

Not to be rude, but wow! It's an $85 part from Ford or Ford Accessory Store even. Sure you have to paint it to match & peel the paper off the back to stick it to the door, but $60, comm'on Ford that's crazy!

I bought the old style off ebay, new one was not out or even mentioned yet, so I have the black cover, got it for like $80 shipped.

Here's one thread

And another:

Does anybody know if the new Mercury Voga trim line extends to the Hybrid Mariner as well?

Here's one thread

And another:

Not Rude at all. If not knowing a concensus on pricing, we could all be taken to the cleaners. I pulled my paperwork and I paid $71.40 for $97.75 List on the part. It shows as accuator assembly (7L2Z-14A626*BA). The dealership charged me $44 to install it. I am not yet comfortable to go digging under the dash, yet.

It came with both pieces and I had a local body shop use the paint code and they painted the primed part for me. It licks like it is OEM on the car.

Not Rude at all. If not knowing a concensus on pricing, we could all be taken to the cleaners. I pulled my paperwork and I paid $71.40 for $97.75 List on the part. It shows as accuator assembly (7L2Z-14A626*BA). The dealership charged me $44 to install it. I am not yet comfortable to go digging under the dash, yet.

It came with both pieces and I had a local body shop use the paint code and they painted the primed part for me. It licks like it is OEM on the car.

$44 to wire under the dash, and computer, would be a great deal, but the keypad is just sticky taped to the door. there is no cutting, drilling, wiring. It's programed like a spare key then stuck to the door. Or in my case since the body color cover was not an option on the older style, I stuck it to the triangle plastice on the window, behind the mirror :)

DSC_2190.JPG

$44 to wire under the dash, and computer, would be a great deal, but the keypad is just sticky taped to the door. there is no cutting, drilling, wiring. It's programed like a spare key then stuck to the door. Or in my case since the body color cover was not an option on the older style, I stuck it to the triangle plastice on the window, behind the mirror :)

DSC_2190.JPG

That's an interesting place to put it.

Guess I could post my pic/mods page since I havn't posted here before:

Pics

Nice looking car. I don't blame your wife. I like the current Expedition's integrated into the beltline keypad look, of course the new system (on MKS) solves the problem completely.