sign on bonus and xmas bonus

doglover

Has anyone that has a bankruptcy coming out of their check received any of their bonuses. I recieved a letter from the trustee 2 weeks ago that was a copy that was sent to ford stating to release my bonuses immediatly as of today i called employment services and they said they have not released my bonuses and can not tell me if they have recieved the letter. I understand that it can take up to 60 days but they also said that if the person that your wage withholding releases the funds then they will release them then, I think its crazy that I owe them nothing and they released a letter to immediatly release my bonus and ford will not release it or even tell me if they have recieved the letter. When the trustees office talked to ford on Dec. 5th they told them they just started releasing bankruptcy's so I was wondering if anyone has got theirs yet. thanks

Has anyone that has a bankruptcy coming out of their check received any of their bonuses. I recieved a letter from the trustee 2 weeks ago that was a copy that was sent to ford stating to release my bonuses immediatly as of today i called employment services and they said they have not released my bonuses and can not tell me if they have recieved the letter. I understand that it can take up to 60 days but they also said that if the person that your wage withholding releases the funds then they will release them then, I think its crazy that I owe them nothing and they released a letter to immediatly release my bonus and ford will not release it or even tell me if they have recieved the letter. When the trustees office talked to ford on Dec. 5th they told them they just started releasing bankruptcy's so I was wondering if anyone has got theirs yet. thanks

if I see one more thread started on X-mas bonuses or sign -in bonuses im going to infect myself with HIV and kill myself

well i know a guy who was put on a medical layoff, 10 days later he was taken off the active rolls. 3 days after that the contract was ratified, he didnt get a bonus either. the language states "anyone who has been on active rolls in the last 90 days is also eligible for this bonus". so why would he get screwed out of $3000

Edited by ktpworker69

well i know a guy who was put on a medical layoff, 10 days later he was taken off the active rolls. 3 days after that the contract was ratified, he didnt get a bonus either. the language states "anyone who has been on active rolls in the last 90 days is also eligible for this bonus". so why would he get screwed out of $3000

I dont understand what they are doing I understand they have to hold it and make sure you dont owe any money to the person who has you wage withholding but the peoples who were held for child support got theirs 3 days after the bonus was givin. I have had a letter for 2 weeks from the bankruptcy court stating that my bonus is to be released to me immediatly and they are saying that they dont know if they got it and when it will be released. I have 3 small children and have not been able to buy there xmas yet, the reason I am in bankruptcy is because my wife had cancer and had to quit her job I have had a terrrible year and my children have to and I had no idea they was going to even hold the bonus until the wed. night before the bonus came on nov. 30th, and thats fine i understand but i think they are just taking their time because I know they have recieved my letter from the court to release my bonus and every time I call they tell me as soon as they get it they will release it but it may take up to 60 days but I have the letter and I know they have it, I was just wondering if anyone with a bankruptcy has got theirs yet im really stressed about this because everything my children and wife have been through this year I would like for them to have some type of xmas it could be her last so im just praying that they get mine out.

I dont understand what they are doing I understand they have to hold it and make sure you dont owe any money to the person who has you wage withholding but the peoples who were held for child support got theirs 3 days after the bonus was givin. I have had a letter for 2 weeks from the bankruptcy court stating that my bonus is to be released to me immediatly and they are saying that they dont know if they got it and when it will be released. I have 3 small children and have not been able to buy there xmas yet, the reason I am in bankruptcy is because my wife had cancer and had to quit her job I have had a terrrible year and my children have to and I had no idea they was going to even hold the bonus until the wed. night before the bonus came on nov. 30th, and thats fine i understand but i think they are just taking their time because I know they have recieved my letter from the court to release my bonus and every time I call they tell me as soon as they get it they will release it but it may take up to 60 days but I have the letter and I know they have it, I was just wondering if anyone with a bankruptcy has got theirs yet im really stressed about this because everything my children and wife have been through this year I would like for them to have some type of xmas it could be her last so im just praying that they get mine out.

Go to your local benifits rep and don'tleave their office until you get a real answer.Then tell your local what you situation is--they should help you give your kids a good Christmas! They give to local kids every year and they should help one of their own now!!!! God Blessyou and your kids. Make the best of Christmas with them, time with them now is so precious for all of you. Don't quit until your local helps you!!

I'm not a Lawyer, but I'll play one on here. Bankruptcy means you have declared yourself finacially un-viable to your debtors. You have no assets of value 'for sale' (clear title cars, boats, houses, stocks, bonds, 401k, IRA's, whole life insurance policies, inheritance) to make your debts whole. If your bankruptcy hasnt been finalized by a judge, then the 'bonus' would then become your 'viability' to pay debt and your debtors would have to be contacted (by Ford then to the bankruptcy judge) to let them know of the potential for collection of the debt owed. Then the debtors would then 'get in line' for distribution of payment as the judge deemed owed. The biggest debtor isnt always the first to be paid. Usually a bankruptcy judge will take what you have and barter with the smallest debtors to get as many debts cleared out as possible. Usually for pennies on the dollar. Most debtors only collect the legal fees and nothing towards the actual debt. But it is now on you credit report that the debt was paid but with a judgement against you.

I could be wrong.......

I'm not a Lawyer, but I'll play one on here. Bankruptcy means you have declared yourself finacially un-viable to your debtors. You have no assets of value 'for sale' (clear title cars, boats, houses, stocks, bonds, 401k, IRA's, whole life insurance policies, inheritance) to make your debts whole. If your bankruptcy hasnt been finalized by a judge, then the 'bonus' would then become your 'viability' to pay debt and your debtors would have to be contacted (by Ford then to the bankruptcy judge) to let them know of the potential for collection of the debt owed. Then the debtors would then 'get in line' for distribution of payment as the judge deemed owed. The biggest debtor isnt always the first to be paid. Usually a bankruptcy judge will take what you have and barter with the smallest debtors to get as many debts cleared out as possible. Usually for pennies on the dollar. Most debtors only collect the legal fees and nothing towards the actual debt. But it is now on you credit report that the debt was paid but with a judgement against you.

I could be wrong.......

You are excatly right and I have a letter from the trustee(bankruptcy court) that was mailed to ford payroll on Dec. 7 priority mail that clearly states that they have no interest in either one of the bonuses and to release them to me immediatly but ford payroll is saying that they have up to 60 days to release the bonuses to me which that is not right because the letter states to release them immediatly I think ford is holding all these bonuses to collect as much interest as they can on this money. It is very sad that ford treats their employees like this it has really put me in a bind and nobody that I have talked to which is payroll at my plant, employment services, and union can help me get my bonus released if I didnt have a copy of this letter then I could maybe understand but I have it and the bankruptcy court has released them to give me my bonus. Does anyone know who I could talk to I really need this released to me by thursday so I can get it before xmas.

I have a friend in bankruptcy, he hasn't received his checks either, (where are you at), he's in chapter 13 paying creditors back 100%, bankruptcy court stopped the interest from adding up, anyway been in bankruptcy a couple of years, this is the FIRST time a bonus check has been held, he's got his Christmas bonus the last 2 years and the $500.00 bonus last spring. Lawyer told him bankruptcy court HAD NOT issued a hold on checks, that this was Ford Motor Company's decision

Not sure why they are holding them, but Union told him they CAN'T do anything unless it goes past the 60 days. I know this doesn't help you in your situation, but it's what I've heard from him.

Hope your situation gets better, and may the New Year be better for you and your Family.

I have a friend in bankruptcy, he hasn't received his checks either, (where are you at), he's in chapter 13 paying creditors back 100%, bankruptcy court stopped the interest from adding up, anyway been in bankruptcy a couple of years, this is the FIRST time a bonus check has been held, he's got his Christmas bonus the last 2 years and the $500.00 bonus last spring. Lawyer told him bankruptcy court HAD NOT issued a hold on checks, that this was Ford Motor Company's decision

Not sure why they are holding them, but Union told him they CAN'T do anything unless it goes past the 60 days. I know this doesn't help you in your situation, but it's what I've heard from him.

Hope your situation gets better, and may the New Year be better for you and your Family.

That is the same situation I am in I talked to the bankruptcy court myself and they was shocked ford did this i am in kentucky. they have never taken my bonus either I think it is insane because almost all of my check goes to bankruptcy I am not behind and when the court issues a letter they should release it I have an actual letter from the court but they will not let me fax it to them because they are saying they havent recieved it yet, when I know they have. It is so unfair because I have a friend they held his for child support(which is a law that you pay) and he got his 3 days after the orginal bonus was issued and has already recieve his xmas bonus. Its not the law if I pay my bankruptcy if I dont pay then I lose my things you know what im saying. The trustee even said if I was behind they could not take any of the bonus money anyway because its my choice to pay it or not. I think its fords way of making interest money on that money and its not fair they treat their employees like crap and there is nothing we can do about it. At least I know that Im not the only one where is your friend from that has not got his yet either? thanks for you help

Guess what it gets even better. Now I'm told that Ford is going to take out an extra payment even if you are current. And as far as 60 days that puts you into Feb or March because it's working days and you don't count weekends or holidays either. I'm in the same boat as you. time to make somemore phone calls.

im terribly sorry for the trouble youre having and have had. i would love to think that your "union" or at least fellow coworkers would make sure that in a situation like yours, you and your family would have a great christmas, but dont rely on the UAW for that, maybe just fellow coworkers. then maybe not even them, i gave so much money over the years for deaths, illnesses, ect. and when my father passed away 4 years ago, i didnt even recieve a card, much less any money. not that i expected it, but ive taken it upon myself to collect money to give to coworkers for these tough times and if i thought there was time, i would take up a collection for you and your family as well. i wish you well and hopefully our great "union" will actually get off thier worthless asses and help you out.

Guess what it gets even better. Now I'm told that Ford is going to take out an extra payment even if you are current. And as far as 60 days that puts you into Feb or March because it's working days and you don't count weekends or holidays either. I'm in the same boat as you. time to make somemore phone calls.

thats ford for you, im out of ideas on who to call if you have any please let me know every person i talk to i get a different story and they are not helpful at all im thinking about calling the news channel and getting them involved so the community can really see how ford treats their employees

thats ford for you, im out of ideas on who to call if you have any please let me know every person i talk to i get a different story and they are not helpful at all im thinking about calling the news channel and getting them involved so the community can really see how ford treats their employees

It takes Ford payroll at least two weeks to process transactions. You must call the NESC at 1-800-248-4444 and speak to the payroll department. Good Luck. :banghead:

I just called the International 313-926-5000 and they said that the checks will be mailed out Wednesday the 19 and if you have direct deposit it will be in there Friday. Not sure about the Christmas bonus but lets hope both will be there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Edited by MTP'er

I just called the International 313-926-5000 and they said that the checks will be mailed out Wednesday the 19 and if you have direct deposit it will be in there Friday. Not sure about the Christmas bonus but lets hope both will be there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I recieved my sign on bonus it was in my account this morning but not the xmas but im not complaining just happy to have the one

I recieved my sign on bonus it was in my account this morning but not the xmas but im not complaining just happy to have the one

good luck,dog lover,

i lost my mother to cancer last year.

a good friend has stage 3 breast cancer now.

i work at ktp,if i can help in any way please let me know.

youll be in my prayers.

That's great glad you received it in time to do your shopping, Did they take a bankruptcy payment from it? Maybe everyone will get theirs soon.

No they did not it 1800 after taxes, Has anyone heard on the xmas bonus yet. Every one should recieve their sign on bonus by friday

Has everyone received their signing bonus and Christmas Bonus? If not where are you at and what are they holding it for?

the guy that i wrote about earlier was supposed to recieve a check friday, 21st. the check was dated the 21st, but no one knows where his check is, now we are off for christmas break, and he hasnt recieved his check yet???? union said it may be with paychecks next week on the 28th. if the date of the check is the 21st, why would it be given on the 28th? i think hes being run around. no one can tell him anything except we know the check has been cut and what drot it was routed to, but it isnt there.