Wow so many problems

dirtyred2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you, I would never check for such a thing.

It is not something you would check for...until you live with it.

Why let a $4 dollar gas cap ruin the paint on a 30K car? Why not just include a 4 cent hook that will solve the whole problem?

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Edited by P71_CrownVic

It is not something you would check for...until you live with it.

Why let a $4 dollar gas cap ruin the paint on a 30K car? Why not just include a 4 cent hook that will solve the whole problem?

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Its on our Buick and I never use it. I have never scratched the paint with the gas cap.

Where they're adding the little hook, maybe GM could spend a few more cents on plastic to try to keep all the snow and gravel from getting in there. There are times you almost can't open the lid. Se that big open spot. Every other auto maker does that better. I have seem so many GM cars that are full of snow and gravel behind the cap. It causes the cap to break off at times. That is inexcusable.

Because of where the tether is mounted to the fuel door!

No...I don't

Well, I have seem very few vehicles that have the tether mounted where it could hurt the paint. All of the ones I have seen were built in the 80s.

The hole I am referring to is the one where the cap is attached. A great deal of dirt gets in there and makes things very messy. In the winter or in muddy conditions, the fuel cap area can actually fill with dirt. The only vehicles I have seen with this problem are built by GM. Many GM vehicles have the problem. Other automakers seal off the area around the cap much better.

If you have a lemon turn it in and Ford will have to buy it back by giving you back all that you have paid. Our quality is up 93% but their is always going to be the exception! Something seems queer about your post, mainly the fact that you are not handling any problems with the dealer while your vehicle is under warranty. Rather you are coming here to bash our products. My wife had an 06' and all I could bitch about was MPG, you just sighted a slew of problems as is they are suppose to be common or something. Also your suggesting that others should not buy Fords, why haven't these beefs been taken up with your dealer? Call your dealer and let them know what is up and keep us posted!

Furious I have a 07 Limited Expedition that is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Only Issue was the wind noise that seems to be a problem on drivers side at highway speeds. 14,000 miles and my family just loves it. Go BLUE !

Ok, let me make this very simple and very clear. These problems are not that common. People come on the internet to talk about vehicles for one of three reasons. They really like it, they really hate it, or there is something wrong with it. The majority of people do not come and post about their vehicles. This makes it look as if the problems are bad. Do I hope they get fixed? Yeah. Do I wish they weren't there? Yeah.

Despite that, the majority of people will never have a major problem. Also, you should be taking these problems to be addressed at the dealer. Complaining on here will get you know where. I'm not sure what kind of help you are expecting to get. There is nothing anyone here can do about what you say. Only a dealer or Ford can.

Amen Brother !

Our Fire Chief just got a new Expedition:

IMG_0257.jpg

And while driving it to a medical the other day, this is what I noted:

1. The tranny has a mind of it's own. Very erratic shifting...and it seems like it takes way too long to get into gear when shifting from park to drive, or reverse to drive, etc.

2. At speeds of 40+, you can hear wind noise from the drivers door.

3. The "Expedition" sticker on the drivers door is pealing off.

4. When I got back to the station, I put it into reverse and it was like when you have the clutch half in on a stick shift car. You can give it gas, and the engine revs...but the car hardly moves. Thats what this Expedition did. I put it park, then reverse and it did not do it again.

5. There is a rattle somewhere in the drivers door.

Not what I would expect from ANY vehicle with 5K-6K on it.

On the flip side, our old Expedition picture below has non of these problems and it has 27K-30K on it. And the dash does not sound hollow either.

IMG_0104.jpg

Have you taken the truck in to address any of the problems? The rattle should be easy for the dealer to find. You seem to have the tranny problems the OP has. These trucks suffer from wind noise. I too can start to hear wind at about 40mph. The dealer replaced the outer door weather strip and it helped a bit. It was larger than the one from the factory. The mirrors are a source of two kinds of wind noise. If you tape the trailing edge of the mirror to the glass using a wide masking tape and the noise is reduced, you can have the mirrors replaced, there is a TSB for it. Search this site for more info. If it doesnt make a difference, and you hear the wind 'rush' so to speak, thats no going anywhere.

there's your problem furious, this forum is not for arguments, its for people coming together to possibly solve there problems.

You come on here to stir things up, thats basically the only input you put into the mix.

I only argue with those who are here to tear down what we have built, constuctive critisism is one thing< but Ford and union bashing will get you this! :slap:

I only argue with those who are here to tear down what we have built, constuctive critisism is one thing< but Ford and union bashing will get you this! :slap:

Well maybe when you buy a 40K dollar truck and have problems from the the get go with the transmission and the dealership and ford do not have a solution other than to bring it back once a month for a new program and be without your new high dollar truck, then you will know how some of us feel, until then stfu.

I have been a ford enthusiast all my life, shall I list all the ford vehicles, 1980 something F150 (ranch truck), 1990 F 350 dually (ranch truck), 1996 F250 (ranch truck), 1991 ford explorer (daily driver), 1996 ford explorer (daily driver), 2004 F250 FX4 (ranch truck), 2005 Ford Explorer (daily driver till I got sick of taking the lemon in the get fixed), 2007 Expedition (daily driver and am getting very fed up with this transmission issue that seems unfixable).

After these last two, the explorer and this expedition I can say next go round I will definately be looking at all the competition before I make a purchase. Whether it be Chevy, GMC, Toyota, Nissan, Infiniti, Lexus, or whomever else. I used to not even look at the other brands, BUT FORD has now steered me in the other direction. I may pay a little more someplace else, but time is money, and since I have owned these last two trucks I have been losing tons of it. My wife wants a larger SUV and she has told me it will not be a ford, we can't have two daily drivers that potentially could be in the shop way too often. So basically near term Ford has lost another sale of of 40K dollar SUV and we are not the only ones jumping ship. This week for the first time Toyota passed ford as the number 2 auto manufacturer for 2007: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...;show_article=1

So maybe instead of bad mouthing people on here that are reporting the problems they are having with there brand new ford trucks, you ought to get your ass back to the assembly line and start building a higher quality product that will compete from the reliability standpoint.

Well maybe when you buy a 40K dollar truck and have problems from the the get go with the transmission and the dealership and ford do not have a solution other than to bring it back once a month for a new program and be without your new high dollar truck, then you will know how some of us feel, until then stfu.

I have been a ford enthusiast all my life, shall I list all the ford vehicles, 1980 something F150 (ranch truck), 1990 F 350 dually (ranch truck), 1996 F250 (ranch truck), 1991 ford explorer (daily driver), 1996 ford explorer (daily driver), 2004 F250 FX4 (ranch truck), 2005 Ford Explorer (daily driver till I got sick of taking the lemon in the get fixed), 2007 Expedition (daily driver and am getting very fed up with this transmission issue that seems unfixable).

After these last two, the explorer and this expedition I can say next go round I will definately be looking at all the competition before I make a purchase. Whether it be Chevy, GMC, Toyota, Nissan, Infiniti, Lexus, or whomever else. I used to not even look at the other brands, BUT FORD has now steered me in the other direction. I may pay a little more someplace else, but time is money, and since I have owned these last two trucks I have been losing tons of it. My wife wants a larger SUV and she has told me it will not be a ford, we can't have two daily drivers that potentially could be in the shop way too often. So basically near term Ford has lost another sale of of 40K dollar SUV and we are not the only ones jumping ship. This week for the first time Toyota passed ford as the number 2 auto manufacturer for 2007: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...;show_article=1

So maybe instead of bad mouthing people on here that are reporting the problems they are having with there brand new ford trucks, you ought to get your ass back to the assembly line and start building a higher quality product that will compete from the reliability standpoint.

If you paid any attention to recent quality surveys, you would see that your experiences are not typical of the owners of Recent Fords. Do what every you want. Get something else. Use your own anecdotal evidence and ignore the fact that Ford builds higher quality products than it has in a long time. It is possible to have bad luck twice in a row, and that is all that has happened to you.

If you paid any attention to recent quality surveys, you would see that your experiences are not typical of the owners of Recent Fords. Do what every you want. Get something else. Use your own anecdotal evidence and ignore the fact that Ford builds higher quality products than it has in a long time. It is possible to have bad luck twice in a row, and that is all that has happened to you.

[/quote

and hi

that is quite possible, but given the fact a buddy of mine has an 07 expedition, purchased after i got mine by about 3 months, and his has the exact same issues I am having. Is that a coincidence?

The thing that gets me the most isnt the fact that the transmission definately has a problem, the thing that bothers me is Fords attitude towards it. Given the reoccurence of the exact same isssues after each of the tsb updates, it seems as if they could care less if my truck runs correctly or not. If I sold a product to someone and they were having issues with it, I would do my damnest to fix the thing or give them there money back ( i am self employed so my reputation and well being depends on it). Ford could have at this point antied up and put a new transmission and/or computer in the truck and most likely the issue would be solved, but instead of taking the direct approach Ford seems to think the longevity of the transmission (how long it will last) is not an issue because it will be out of warranty before wears out (not Fords problem...but mine at that point) and ford assumes that each time some computer program will fix the shifting issues and each time it doesnt. This has been going on since I bought the vehicle.

So maybe I do have bad luck with new vehicles, but the main problem is lack of support in resolving issues that should be covered under the manufacturers warranty in a timely manner. They obviously think money grows on trees. Hell they could provide me a $15 dollar a day rental while my new truck is in the shop getting fixed.....but instead they tell me I can get the special discounted ford rental rate of like 18 dollars a day or some chit. I have no problems paying a little more to get good service.

Reliability - show me a report not produced by ford that shows their reliability is higher than everyone else (sure its improving, but still has a long way to go). Look at this link....how many fords are in the most reliable category?

http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023544

http://www.edmunds.com/suv/2008/recommended.html

Next time you are out driving count how many other 07 08 expeditions you see compared to restyled Chevy Tahoes and GMC Yukons. Your results will be staggering.

and hi

that is quite possible, but given the fact a buddy of mine has an 07 expedition, purchased after i got mine by about 3 months, and his has the exact same issues I am having. Is that a coincidence?

The thing that gets me the most isnt the fact that the transmission definately has a problem, the thing that bothers me is Fords attitude towards it. Given the reoccurence of the exact same isssues after each of the tsb updates, it seems as if they could care less if my truck runs correctly or not. If I sold a product to someone and they were having issues with it, I would do my damnest to fix the thing or give them there money back ( i am self employed so my reputation and well being depends on it). Ford could have at this point antied up and put a new transmission and/or computer in the truck and most likely the issue would be solved, but instead of taking the direct approach Ford seems to think the longevity of the transmission (how long it will last) is not an issue because it will be out of warranty before wears out (not Fords problem...but mine at that point) and ford assumes that each time some computer program will fix the shifting issues and each time it doesnt. This has been going on since I bought the vehicle.

So maybe I do have bad luck with new vehicles, but the main problem is lack of support in resolving issues that should be covered under the manufacturers warranty in a timely manner. They obviously think money grows on trees. Hell they could provide me a $15 dollar a day rental while my new truck is in the shop getting fixed.....but instead they tell me I can get the special discounted ford rental rate of like 18 dollars a day or some chit. I have no problems paying a little more to get good service.

Reliability - show me a report not produced by ford that shows their reliability is higher than everyone else (sure its improving, but still has a long way to go). Look at this link....how many fords are in the most reliable category?

http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023544

http://www.edmunds.com/suv/2008/recommended.html

Next time you are out driving count how many other 07 08 expeditions you see compared to restyled Chevy Tahoes and GMC Yukons. Your results will be staggering.

I keep this around just for such cases.

David Champion, senior director of Consumer Reports' auto test center, said Ford's quality remains below Toyota and Honda, but added the Dearborn automaker is now competing with those brands instead of with the other U.S. manufacturers.

"They're definitely in what we would call the top tier," he said. "They are making serious inroads."

As for the fact that you see more Chevy full size SUVs than Ford, you always have.

:redcard: I gave you your solution, the law protects the consumer "lemon law your vehicle!" I agree with SUV GUY you have had bad luck (I'm making this statement because I have not heard anyone else on this forum reporting these defects as common problems!) and you can buy what you wish, but until you take the necessary steps to rectify the situation than you need to STFU! Don't take my words as an insult, or an attack, I am mearly trying to guide you to get satisfaction! I would also be angry if in your shoes. Do I care if you having a "Lemon" reflects negatively on Ford "NO", I only want you to exit this misfortune with satisfaction. If Ford or any other automaker sell a "Lemon" then they should be held accountable. Now pick up your skirt grab your b-lls (is that better Rich?) and tell the dealer that they "are" going to make it right!

:redcard: I gave you your solution, the law protects the consumer "lemon law your vehicle!" I agree with SUV GUY you have had bad luck (I'm making this statement because I have not heard anyone else on this forum reporting these defects as common problems!) and you can buy what you wish, but until you take the necessary steps to rectify the situation than you need to STFU! Don't take my words as an insult, or an attack, I am mearly trying to guide you to get satisfaction! I would also be angry if in your shoes. Do I care if you having a "Lemon" reflects negatively on Ford "NO", I only want you to exit this misfortune with satisfaction. If Ford or any other automaker sell a "Lemon" then they should be held accountable. Now pick up your skirt grab your b-lls (is that better Rich?) and tell the dealer that they "are" going to make it right!

once again you dont read worth a damn if you took time out to read Expedition and Navigator forum and not just the first page of the forum you would see others having the same damn problem. When I made this post never expected to get bash or even cause others to argue. Furious if you dont have a 07 Expedition why are you even here. This Forum says it at the top Expedition and Navigator Forums not Ford employee so leave and go back up top. No matter what any one says the tranny is a problem and its been going on a long time just read the other pages of this forum and you will see. EL Lover has had the worse problem with her truck. Furious look at my truck do you really think im not going to take this truck back to the shop to get it fix? How can a good ford work say Lemon Law it so fast makes me wonder about you. If i came here to see how the Expedition had any problem and i didnt have one you would make me and other people scared to buy one cause you telling everyone with a problem with it "OH JUST LEMON LAW IT" When someone spends 40k on a car thats the last f-cking thing they wanna hear or it has to stay in the shop all the damn time. IF you dont own a 07, please leave this forum to the people who has 07s, so we can discuss ways of getting our 35 to 40k truck fix. Furious your comments are not wanted or needed here so leave this not a ford employee forum.

post-26206-1199534756_thumb.jpg

Furious there are 8 post just on the first page talking about problem with their 07 and 08 Exp. Please read other posts please. One post could be considered a double post since its talking about tranny problem twice. READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!