Thinking about an expedition.

builtfordtough13

Its looking like my parents are going to buy an 08 Expedition. Overall how do you like it, what kinda of mpg's are you getting. Is there anything you got that was a waste of money options wise, or is there anything you wish you would of gotten? How is towing with this, they would be towing about a 6,000 pound trailer with it. Also do you know if the expedition will have sync for like job 2 or for 09? Overall I would just like any feedback on how you like your expedition.

Thanks

Its looking like my parents are going to buy an 08 Expedition. Overall how do you like it, what kinda of mpg's are you getting. Is there anything you got that was a waste of money options wise, or is there anything you wish you would of gotten? How is towing with this, they would be towing about a 6,000 pound trailer with it. Also do you know if the expedition will have sync for like job 2 or for 09? Overall I would just like any feedback on how you like your expedition.

Thanks

I like my truck read other post so see what other problems people are having before your folks decide on getting one just to know whats going on with it. Other than the problems with the truck it rides like a dream and to me the inside looks better than other suvs but like i said read other post to see whats going on with the expedition.

post-26206-1199075277_thumb.jpg

post-26206-1199075299_thumb.jpg

I like my truck read other post so see what other problems people are having before your folks decide on getting one just to know whats going on with it. Other than the problems with the truck it rides like a dream and to me the inside looks better than other suvs but like i said read other post to see whats going on with the expedition.

Dude, I had you pegged! In every post it is the same mantra! Go get it fixed you lazy f-cker you have a warranty!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I'm very happy with the 08' expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4. The build date is July 07. We have it now for 3 months; can say that the ride and build quality is excellent and way better than the previous model. I'm happy that ford went back to a softer suspension set-up for this expedition, compared to my previous 05' model and 03' model. The ride is very smooth and silent. In addition, the interior quality and looks is way improved; friends who join the ride are pleasantly surprised... The Eddie Bauer here comes with the power-lift gate and rear reverse camera; they are both very useful options; I would not have ordered these if they where not standard; but since I have them I cannot believe how useful they are!

I'm living in the UAE where it can get 55c, but I'm sure the experiences will be the same.....

All the best!

Ewald

I'm very happy with the 08' expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4. The build date is July 07. We have it now for 3 months; can say that the ride and build quality is excellent and way better than the previous model. I'm happy that ford went back to a softer suspension set-up for this expedition, compared to my previous 05' model and 03' model. The ride is very smooth and silent. In addition, the interior quality and looks is way improved; friends who join the ride are pleasantly surprised... The Eddie Bauer here comes with the power-lift gate and rear reverse camera; they are both very useful options; I would not have ordered these if they where not standard; but since I have them I cannot believe how useful they are!

I'm living in the UAE where it can get 55c, but I'm sure the experiences will be the same.....

All the best!

Ewald

Forgot to mention about the fuel consumption.... I have never checked this, but on the dash it says 16l/ per 100km..... Petrol cost is not an issue here :-)

Forgot to mention about the fuel consumption.... I have never checked this, but on the dash it says 16l/ per 100km..... Petrol cost is not an issue here :-)

Is that 55 cents a gallon? US dollars?

If so, wow, I understand why it's so much cheaper though.

Edited by rmc523

Is that 55 cents a gallon? US dollars?

If so, wow, I understand why it's so much cheaper though.

One gallon petrol (Imperial Gallon, 4.5 liter) is about 6dhs... thats 1.65usd... Cheap from where I come from.... In the Netherlands where I originally come from, a gallon would cost these days about 6.5usd..... But in Saudi and Kuwait fuel does not even cost half of what I pay here in the UAE....

One gallon petrol (Imperial Gallon, 4.5 liter) is about 6dhs... thats 1.65usd... Cheap from where I come from.... In the Netherlands where I originally come from, a gallon would cost these days about 6.5usd..... But in Saudi and Kuwait fuel does not even cost half of what I pay here in the UAE....

Wow, still cheap. We're paying around $3.07 (USD) a gallon here now for regular, about $3.47 for premium.

Wow, still cheap. We're paying around $3.07 (USD) a gallon here now for regular, about $3.47 for premium.

We are being robbed and it pi-ses me off to here that others in other countries can still afford to drive what they want while we are being forced to drive shoe boxes! Enough is enough, build a f-cking refinary already so that I can drive what I want!

Edited by Furious1Auto