OHAP Elections

Spring

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got 1 canidate on here. I think Integrity is saying he's Paul Triplet. So we got one with guts to come outta the woodwork.

This is from another thread

Hey Furious, this is an easy test. Did I pass?

[*]Gary "Coop" Cooper - about as dumb as they come, and an ass slapper. Stay away on your birthday!

[*]Jerome Howard - no experience, should try alternate first.

[*]Marvin Jones - 7 out of 10. Needs more experience, but don't we all. Good heart.

[*]Tommy "Dogg" Laurenti - unproven

[*]Paul Triplett - okay, needs more confidence though.

And for the committee person for trades!

[*]Rich Schultz - Termite - sawed off piece of crap. fights more with the union and his brothers than company. Lawsuit happy, if I was a lawyer I would vote for him.

[*]Pete Filiaggi - Has always done a good job as Vice, has been great as vinny's alternate

[*]Lestor Prados- Old style doesn't work that good anymore, but he has heart.

[*]Ken Kruse- He quits everything he starts. Quit as bc, quit as apprentice, as chairman, as International. Sold his unit for a job. I wish he would quit running for office and his mouth. that would be two good things for him to quit also.

[*]David Szabo- Dumber than a box of rocks. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If you vote for him hold on to your asses.

[*]Rick Fry- OOps! There is one dumber than Szabo! Fry is what happens to your brain on drugs, which is what you have to be on to vote for him.

Man I hate saying this but I almost gotta agree with the old crapkiller here. Didn't Jerome get elected but got appointed by Kruse right away? Marvin is okay but I don't think hes a 7 outta 10. I give him maybe a 5. Triplets been doing the job so far so give it to him. Im not in skilled trades so I don't know some of the guys running and wont say nothign on that one. You pretty much called it tho.

Yeah Mary this is the right thread that I was talking about. As far as the other thread my personal opinion about is that it should be locked from posting on it since its a dead issue, But with that being said we still should have access to read, copy, paste, or link to posts made under that topic. That way people's comments under that topic can be read by all the members of the forum and they will be able to make their own decisions based on those statements.

As far as who I'm going to vote for in the special election is my own choice that I can make under a truely democratic election but if you'd truely like to know come see me and we can discuss it. All I can say is that there are 4 people on that list I wouldn't vote for even if they were the only ones running and 2 that actually have a chance at getting my vote.

We got 1 canidate on here. I think Integrity is saying he's Paul Triplet. So we got one with guts to come outta the woodwork.

I have to agree, I was also wrong about his identity but I had bad intel. :hysterical: Either way I would not have known the truth without making the assertion, That's how I was able to identify an international rep and his chronie on this forum during contract time! I'm not always right, but I call it how I see it and can admit when I am wrong. I remember talking with Paul Triplett here in the past, and upon searching what he has present in the past on this forum he seems to be a man of "integrity"! Although I did not care for some of his comment about Lorain Assembly Plant, I do understand he was responding to an attack!Paul Triplett's candid post record LINK! I'm generally a pretty good judge of charactor. Just to let you guys know, I had no intention on getting involved in local politics when registering to this sight, but rather to source parts for my car. The only reason I'm bringing it up is because many of you only post on threads related to our plant, and I'm not sure if you know me! Then I found myself defending our good name against trolls who come to BOF to disparage our products. Then contract time came and because an international rep started posting here and with GM's tenative contract in hand thanks to SOS we ( the BOF users that engaged in debate with the I-Reps ) helped to stop us from getting the same raw deal that GM, and Chrysler did! Otherwise the premium jobs at Ford would have also been handed to the low teir wage earners! This forum is a very powerful tool when applied properly, look at the number of hits on this thread. If only we had a secured forum on our local 2000 sight out of the veiw of the company we would be able to settle allot of the issues we hear about at the regular meetings without having a bitch fest every month!

As far as who I'm going to vote for in the special election is my own choice that I can make under a truely democratic election but if you'd truely like to know come see me and we can discuss it. All I can say is that there are 4 people on that list I wouldn't vote for even if they were the only ones running and 2 that actually have a chance at getting my vote.

I don't want you to tell me anything in person, if you cannot state it publically. Normally when people talk in confidence they either have something to hide, or are likely not telling the truth. Just like bucktooth's attack on Mary! Had he told me that in person, then Mary and the other concerned parties would not have been able to rebutt it unless they were present! Everyone has the right to face their accuser, and the right to defend their their self from attacks. Don't consider this an attack, but rather to be unbiased I have to call it how I see it and treat everyone equally.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Sorry I missed Jeromes and just hooked up my scanner, but will be more efficient in the future!

Marvin Jones's letter

SpecialelecMarvin-1.jpg

Mike Piscione's letter

specialelecPiscione003.jpg

Gary Cooper's letter

Just curious was he so quickly dismissed because he generally critisizes the current committee, or does he reallly go around slapping people on the butox! :hysterical:specialeleccooper002.jpg

Paul Triplett's letter

specialelecTriplett005.jpg

I talked to someone from deerborn and was told the Transit will be at OHAP for the 2012 model year and production will begin in 11'. I was also told that their are engineering teams in place working on the plan. Everything is tenative and subject to change but I would say the news alone is a pat on the back for our hard work! Keep it up guys, we have to stomp the competition in quality and we are only 4 points behind Toyo now for TGW. It's nice to see a little light at the end of the tunnel!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Here are the election results as reported to me:

Bargaining Committeeman:

Paul Triplett 378

Mike Piscione 186

Marvin Jones 174

Jerome Howard 124

Gary Cooper 106

Tommy Laurenti 27

Skilled Trades Chairman:

Pete Filiaggi 85

Rick Fry 69

Rich Schultz 53

Lester Prado 25

Ken Kruse 17

Dave Szabo 13

General Membership Meeting February 2008

Meeting called to order.

Pledge of Allegiance

Prayer presented by Janice Williams of the chaplaincy committee

Presentation of Agenda

Roll Call of Officers:

Those NOT present:

Jim Souris (asked to be excused)

Bruce Yates (asked to be excused)

Roy Escandon (working)

Ed Baire (working)

Greg Hamilton (asked to be excused)

Linda Kleinhenz (asked to be excused)

John Pena (late)

Ron Bills – working

Ruth Smith

Motion made to excuse those who had asked to be excused. Motion passed.

Lawanda King of the Election Committee reported on the special election. She thanked all who voted. Results of the special election were Paul Triplett was the winner of the Bargaining Committeeman spot. There will be a run off between Pete Filiaggi and Rick Fry. The run off election will be held on Thursday, February 14th from 5:00 a.m. until midnight.

Bargaining Committeeman Race:

Paul Triplett 378 votes, Mike Piscione 186 votes, Marvin Jones 174 votes, Jerome Howard 124 votes, Gary Cooper 106 votes and Tommy “Dogg” Laurenti 27 votes.

Skilled Trades Chairman Race:

Pete Filiaggi 85 votes, Rick Fry 69 votes, Rich Schultz 53 votes, Lester Prado 25 votes, Ken Kruse 17 votes and Dave Szabo 13 votes.

Motion to accept Election Committee report. Motion passed. Tim Donovan asked that the record show it was unanimous.

Nominations for Election Committee: President Tim Donovan reminded the membership that on certain occasions it will be required that a vote be held on Sunday and the members of the election committee working on the vote will not be paid.

Nominated members are:

Joe Chaney, Brenda Davis, Lawanda King, Dan Shotter, Todd Upton, Toni Seeley, Mike Cruz, Cindy Finley, Jerry Garcia, Diana Colmer, Rebecca Arena, Steve Wonder, Tommy Thacker, Tammy Gibson, Ozzie Figueroa, Rick Boyd, Dave Robecker, Ray Robles, Jerry Cruz, Angela Amstuz, Arlene Spurlock, Angela Clifton, Don Keathley Jr., Larry Davis, James Taylor, John Schmidt, Dawn Caley, Kurt Gull, Edwin Candelario, Jeff Nowack, Phyllis Hull, John Shepherd, Jermane Vibb, Yvette English, Jim May, Wanda Arroyo, Janice Williams. At this time the President relinquished the chair to 1st Vice President Jerome Williams and nominated Joyce Sharpe, Aurora Krasenko, Angie Clifford and Dee Kopis.

The nominees were asked if they accepted their nominations. Nominees present accepted with the exception of Wanda Arroyo who said she was surprised by her nomination and asked if she could have a couple of days to think about it.

Reading of minutes of previous meeting.

Minutes accepted.

Financial report accepted.

Recommendations of Executive Board to the membership:

1. To donate $500.00 to the Great Lakes Organized Labor Committee. Recommendation accepted.

2. To send up to 2 people to the Health and Safety Conference at Black Lake. Recommendation accepted.

3. To purchase a full page ad in the Mexican Mutual Society Cinco de Mayo celebration booklet. Recommendation accepted.

4. To purchase up to 20 tickets at $70.00 each for the Hispanic Leadership Conference. Recommendation passed.

5. To donate $250.00 for 100 children to attend a children’s safety program. Recommendation passed.

6. To purchase a ¼ page ad at a cost of $250.00 for the Lifesavers Ball being held by the American Cancer Society.

7. To hold the General Election on May 6th with a run off election, if necessary, to be held on May 13th. Recommendation passed.

8. To donate at least a $50.00 gift certificate to the Annual AFL-CIO fundraiser. Recommendation passed.

9. To purchase a ¼ page ad for $299.00 in the Officer Phil Safety Program for Sheffield/Sheffield Village.

The president reported back to the membership regarding the motion made at the last union meeting to have trailers on the Miller Road side of the plant as well. The letter that Tim had sent to Shawn Otto was read as was Shawn Otto’s response which was “the company had to respectfully decline as they cannot support the request from a facilities perspective”. Royal Young asked if that was the end of the conversation. He was told yes.

Reports:

President’s Report:

Tim asked that the candidates keep their campaigning at the plant and to not bring it to the union meeting. He congratulated Paul Triplett on his election as Bargaining Committeeman and wished Pete Filiaggi and Rick Fry the best of luck. He thanked the election committee for their work on the ratification vote and on the special election. The Company has allowed us to hold our elections at the plant which they do not have to do.

V Cap drawing will be held on March 18th. This drawing was delayed due to the contract and other issues. It will be held at the UAW General CAP Council Meeting. Tim will be asking Nick to allow the appointed reps to help sell tickets at the cafeterias. Our local averages between 4 and 7 winners . Our next paid holiday will be March 21st which is Good Friday and March 24th which is the Monday after Easter. Our National CAP meeting was quite well attended. Betty Sutton was a guest speaker. Tim once again urged members to sign up for the local’s web site. He said that they will be putting out calls to action on various issues. He said there was a lot of talk of change being needed at the CAP meeting. Ron Gettelfinger spoke at the Cleveland City Club last Thursday. We are turning into a service country and there is a great need for National Health. The Korean Fair Trade Act brought 700,000 imports into this county while we only exported 7,000 vehicles to them. Mary Springowski spoke of what was mentioned at the CAP candidates’ night. In the license renewal notices being sent out by the state of Ohio, coupons are being enclosed offering $500.00 of a new KIA or Toyota. Representatives Barrett, Lundy and Murano are investigating. Our strike fund is at over $881 million with 23 locals on strike in the UAW.

Chairman’s Report:

Sam Warnock, HR supervisor, has been moved to Walton Hills and is being replaced by Joel Props. Shawn Otto will be going to Brazil. Nick was not sure who was going to replace him. Ron Bills is going to be at the plant in the converted visitors center on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Our order bank is at 13,000. March 31st to May 26th we will be on maximum overtime, after that we will be on 8 hours until vacation. Of course, all of this is subject to change. We went home early on Saturday night due to an issue with Romulus Trucking. There is some discussion taking place on having night shift work overtime this week to make up for it. Saturdays scheduled for February 23rd and March 15th have been cancelled as Michelin tires cannot keep us supplied. April 12th and April 26th have been tentatively scheduled to replace those Saturdays. Nick said he was thankful of the support of the membership for the local contract and we are now governed by the new agreement. On February 14th, National Ford will be down to explain packages to the membership. Spouses may attend the meeting. TRW does our front hub assembly/corner modules. This work is going to brought back in house which will create 16-20 new jobs. This will be post job 1 2009. They are looking at bringing the sequencing of the visors back into the plant since they have found the floor space. Joe Lee and Nick have been making the business case on outfitting the jobs we build. This would require a new addition to the plant. Nick feels very confident of this business case.

The new local contract is ready to go to the printer. Nick and John Pena got together about the jobs in question from the rebalance: For TRIM the following have been put back in - GOR assist, black panel person, inspector, horn select pso, rollover brakeline pso, 76 way person and IP line mix person. In chassis the scanner engine line, pedestal line pso, shock job on pedestal and diesel battery box on flattop.

Getting everyone fitted for new coats. Cost for new coats $220,000.00

The question was asked if the new jobs that were going to be insourced were going to be the lower wage personnel. We have 34 RTBUs returning from Sandusky and 1 from Brookpark possibly in March. These jobs may be filled by them or the second wage tier group which would be hired from the current TPT/TFTs.

Ed Pawlowski said he was concerned about the situation with the nurses. Linda Kleinhenz was the senior nurse. She resigned as a full time nurse but is still the chairman of the nurses unit, Unit 3. There was a posting for a full time nurse but Ed was told that was being held for the senior nurse at Twin Cities. Dr. Collins indicated that she had interviewed 3 people, Mary, Dottie and Betsy for the open position. Ed said he had a letter from Shawn Otto apologizing to Ed and Russ for the change in the criteria for the position and them not being notified. Ed said that Linda had an obligation to all the members in the unit. He also said that he felt she was acting unethically and he highly objected to this. She is currently working a transitional work assignment and he feels she broke service with the company. Tim said he was told that it was a leave of absence. Ed wanted to know if the job posting agreement had been given away in the contract for Unit 3 and wanted to know if he could protest the ratification of Unit 3. Nick asked Ed what had happened in medical the other day. He said there were 4 people, he had to take their names, but no nurse. Ed said that it was scheduled that there was a 1 hour gap now. Mike Piscione spoke out against this practice and made a motion that Tim sit down with the regional rep and investigate the situation. Mary Springowski made an amendment to the motion and requested that Nick Gallogly and Tim Donovan notify regional rep, Nick Parente, and anyone necessary in corporate or Detroit that was necessary in order to investigate the situation. Motion passed. David Candelario said that he had a problem with the medical staff not treating the hourly people well.

Mike Piscione said he had a committeeman’s report: He said he had problems in his area – toe in – the inspector went to roll test on a lateral move during the 120 day clock. They have been using g.u.s to cover since then. Mike was told that the inspector work was taken off the job in November. He even said the BCs checked. Labor pool people are doing this job on days but they have an inspector on nights. He also did not allow a lateral move from chassis to CAA as these were different departments. He also spoke about the g.u. in the garage in heavy hole. He was to get with Nick after the meeting. Tim told Mike that this was not a report and belonged under shop problems.

Veteran’s Committee Report:

Chris Ladikos reported that Wednesday, February 13, 2008 the committee will be passing out clothes to the homeless vets. They will be meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the North Ridgeville McDonalds to go to Brecksville VA hospital. Pete Kristensen also said that they $600.00 left from the $4,500.00 raised.

Feel Better Buddies – Mike “Stumpy” Stempowski reported that he and John Baker had raised enough money for 600 stuffed animals and books to be distributed to local hospitals.

Recreation Committee:

Trying to get things together to hold a no tap tournament on March 30th. It would be $10.00 per bowler and they are trying to make it a family day.

Shop Problems:

Joe Gump read an open letter to Nick Gallogly whom he thanked for his accomplishments on the local contract. He read a letter addressed to Joe Lee regarding overtime equalization. He referenced what Michael Donovan had told him regarding the contract on overtime equalization. He said g.u.s were to be used to cover medical or absenteeism. He said where he worked there were now 7 g.u.s where there used to be 2. He was told that the reason they had so many g.u.s was because they were multitaskers and could do everything. He asked for the open jobs to be posted and bid. Nick asked how many base operations there were in the area. Michael said there were 23. Nick asked why there were 7 g.u.s for 23 people. Michael said there were actually 3 g.u.s per the company and they would borrow others in as needed. Nick asked if Joe had given this information to Michael to file a policy grievance. Joe proceeded to do so.

One sister spoke out about a problem on the floor. She said that she had been accused of supposedly calling someone a racist which she claimed she did not and she was sick of the divisiveness. She said the only color that mattered was the color green. She said we didn’t have to like one another but we did need to respect each other. She asked that everyone have integrity and backbone.

Regina Butler said she came last month about trying to make a lateral move to the garage and she would keep coming back. She said she was denied the ability to make the move. She was glad to see that Mike Piscione was involved. She said the Incoming Quality job that she had spoken about previously was not bid and the person on it had no seniority. She also spoke about the group leader job where a group 3 was placed on it as a group leader and it wasn’t bid. Michael Donovan said that the person in question had been grandfathered in since they took the group 3 as a floorman and when the floormen were consolidated into the group leaders that made that person a group leader. Regina said there was a person who was 11/94 seniority and was doing inspection. She said the job was on the inverted line. She wanted to know why the jobs weren’t being bid. She said that she had Flash, Mike Piscione, Paul Triplett and Fred Pena as reps. She said they couldn’t blame everything on Fred. She said this had been going on since the consolidation. She said seniority was not being considered. Tim Donovan asked that she stick to current issues and not bring up things that happened over 2 years ago. Mike Piscione said that Regina was correct that they had 7 people that didn’t belong in CAA and the jobs had never been bid. Mike said that the company would not recognize him on this nor would they recognize the fact that these were inspection jobs. He did say that neither the inverted line or the group leader in question were in his area of representation. Flash said the inspection job belonged to Charles Davis and that he was on temporary assignment to backup torque inspector. Scott Pierce had taken the job and then made a lateral move elsewhere. The job was rebid and it ended up that it was Charles Davis’ job. Regina asked how long is temporary? Nick said that they were getting ready for an audit and needed the extra people for the audit. Charlie Beedle said that it was his area and that there was a person who had been on the job for 5 years with no time because no one wanted the job (inverted line). Person doing it has ’93 seniority. Lawanda King said that they had temporary labor pool people doing inspector jobs. She said she had 10/5/92 seniority and she had no job. She was sent to the garage as an extra person. She had a rotator cuff injury and was put there. She said everyone thinks the garage jobs are easy but they aren’t and that she works very hard. She said the jobs were posted and people were brought over but the jobs were not all filled nor was the list exhausted. She there were some g.u.s doing the jobs. She was told that some people were grandfathered in and she didn’t know what the process would be to repost. She told Regina that she knew full well that she helped her out on her job when she needed it. Lawanda said she didn’t know the process to disqualify people on jobs. Regina said that these were 30 year jobs and she felt that seniority was not being addressed and the jobs weren’t being filled properly. Michael Donovan said that they didn’t have 7 g.u.s in the garage. They had 3. There were 6 before. The others were people they were borrowing in as needed. Only 3 were assigned to the garage and the other 3 on the drot were just never taken off. He said that regarding overtime, the people in the classification would be offered the first opportunity and then it would go to the lowest overtime in the department who was qualified to do the job. Mary Springowski said that there were some open jobs down on line 2 specifically the interior trim jobs and that Bruce Yates had said that he wasn’t going to solicit them and that if they were going to be filled that the group leaders would have to solicit. Nick said it was his job to do that, not the group leaders’. Mary asked if Nick would instruct Bruce on this. Pete Kristensen made the motion to adjourn. Motion passed.

**Please note: These are not the official notes of the union meeting. These are only the personal notes of the author. These notes are in no way authorized, recognized or sanctioned by the Union, Ford Motor Company or any of their agents. Respectfully submitted by Mary Springowski

Edited by Spring

Hey Mary just a little correction on your note of the meeting, Bruce Yates was not present which you correctly reported, but Tim Donovan did state Bruce had called him and said he was trying to make it. He said that Bruce was coming from the far eastside of Cleveland and asked if he didn't make it to be excused.

Hey Mary just a little correction on your note of the meeting, Bruce Yates was not present which you correctly reported, but Tim Donovan did state Bruce had called him and said he was trying to make it. He said that Bruce was coming from the far eastside of Cleveland and asked if he didn't make it to be excused.

Mary, I really appreciate the time that you take to keep everyone informed as you do, however, I am confused this time and somewhat frustrated by the comments that you made at this meeting. We just talked about working together as brother and sisters to make our union stronger. If you would work as hard at this rather then trying to make Bruce Yates look bad you would really make a difference. This is all really getting old and it makes you look immature / catty. The first thing you said at the meeting was that you needed help filling two open jobs in your area that where opened up a few weeks ago. Then you were complaining that Bruce asked for you help soliciting to fill the jobs and it was not your job to do so! Kind of conterdictoring don't you think. You don't even want to help the people in your area or yourself just to make Bruce look bad. I know he has been trying to get these jobs solicited. Cory the general foreman on days has been giving him a terrible time. Cory did not want to solicite the B team jobs and wanted to put people of his choice on that team since it is a mix job. Bruce got labor involved and now both teams will be filled properly. as for who does the soliciting... The union reps are not allowed to do this! Nick knows this. In fact if the union reps can not do this and the company is responsible there is problems there. Cory could care a less if they are filled. He is why we had all these open jobs and tpts on jobs to begin with. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Nick, Bruce and your brother Mike make the agreement that the best way to solicite for jobs is to have the group leader help? A friend of mine in management told me that is how Mike does it in his area. So let's all work as a team and get things done! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Mary, I really appreciate the time that you take to keep everyone informed as you do, however, I am confused this time and somewhat frustrated by the comments that you made at this meeting. We just talked about working together as brother and sisters to make our union stronger. If you would work as hard at this rather then trying to make Bruce Yates look bad you would really make a difference. This is all really getting old and it makes you look immature / catty. The first thing you said at the meeting was that you needed help filling two open jobs in your area that where opened up a few weeks ago. Then you were complaining that Bruce asked for you help soliciting to fill the jobs and it was not your job to do so! Kind of conterdictoring don't you think. You don't even want to help the people in your area or yourself just to make Bruce look bad. I know he has been trying to get these jobs solicited. Cory the general foreman on days has been giving him a terrible time. Cory did not want to solicite the B team jobs and wanted to put people of his choice on that team since it is a mix job. Bruce got labor involved and now both teams will be filled properly. as for who does the soliciting... The union reps are not allowed to do this! Nick knows this. In fact if the union reps can not do this and the company is responsible there is problems there. Cory could care a less if they are filled. He is why we had all these open jobs and tpts on jobs to begin with. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Nick, Bruce and your brother Mike make the agreement that the best way to solicite for jobs is to have the group leader help? A friend of mine in management told me that is how Mike does it in his area. So let's all work as a team and get things done! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Jennifer, the jobs are not in my immediate area but I have to scramble for manpower so that they are filled. The actual responsibility of soliciting jobs falls on the company. When I brought that up to Bruce, he said he wasn't going to do it and if I wanted the jobs filled I would have to do. Believe me, I've checked with everyone in my area and no one wants the jobs. So then that begs the question, how do we get this information out to the rest of the people in Trim. Yates has no problem soliciting a job when it's a plum job but when it's a difficult job then he wants nothing to do with it. These jobs have been open for some time and now there is an inspection job that has been put back in. Of course, that job is classified and must be bid. You say you want to come days and you know for a fact that there are open jobs and you want to know why there is no movement on bringing you to days. I've shown you some of the jobs, there may be more but if they are not in my area, then I don't know which ones they are. So if the company isn't interested in soliciting the jobs and Bruce Yates isn't interested in soliciting the jobs how are they going to be filled? My group's manpower remains compromised and YOUR ability to come days is compromised, isn't it? I'm glad you feel confident that Bruce is going to rectify the situation, unfortunately, I don't share your confidence and don't mind pushing the issue to get it resolved. I'm sorry if that offends you or if you feel that isn't the way to do things.

Okay. Duly noted. Were there any others? I know that Tim said Bruce was coming from Ashtabula and would be late but didn't hear the rest of it.

jbores6511 lemme guess what Bruce told you. He told you what you wanted to here and when he couldn't do it he blamed it on somebody else. He has being doing that all over the plant. He's talking a good game but he hasn't come thru has he? I'm glad folks is starting to ask questions and make him do his job. You want to cut on the comittemen and say what a great job Bruce is doing but I haven't seen him do nothing yet but keep giving us excuses why we can't get released from our old job for one we bid on and whatnot. He is the comitteman in trim so why can't he get things done there? Unless you want one of them hogs cut just for you? If your true to what you say that you only want it done right then sign the shift bump and wait it out. You want folks to help you find a job and cut on them when they tell you the real stuff going on. Did Bruce tell you that he was the only one who could help you? Ya I'll bet he can help you alright! Wait'll he don't answer the phone when you call so he don't have to come up with another lie I mean answer for you. Suck it up your staying nites.

jbores6511 lemme guess what Bruce told you. He told you what you wanted to here and when he couldn't do it he blamed it on somebody else. He has being doing that all over the plant. He's talking a good game but he hasn't come thru has he? I'm glad folks is starting to ask questions and make him do his job. You want to cut on the comittemen and say what a great job Bruce is doing but I haven't seen him do nothing yet but keep giving us excuses why we can't get released from our old job for one we bid on and whatnot. He is the comitteman in trim so why can't he get things done there? Unless you want one of them hogs cut just for you? If your true to what you say that you only want it done right then sign the shift bump and wait it out. You want folks to help you find a job and cut on them when they tell you the real stuff going on. Did Bruce tell you that he was the only one who could help you? Ya I'll bet he can help you alright! Wait'll he don't answer the phone when you call so he don't have to come up with another lie I mean answer for you. Suck it up your staying nites.
I wasn't here very long before I caught on to Bruce Yates.He's nothing but a buckpasser who blames his incompetence on everyone else. It is only lately that I understand that he has been putting any time in at the plant.Do the committee people not have a responsibility to make sure that people are being solicited for job openings.next they will want us to write our own grievances.Because of his hog cutting when the management say no ,he doesn't know what to do to make things happen.His B/S has finally caught up with him.

Jennifer, the jobs are not in my immediate area but I have to scramble for manpower so that they are filled. The actual responsibility of soliciting jobs falls on the company. When I brought that up to Bruce, he said he wasn't going to do it and if I wanted the jobs filled I would have to do. Believe me, I've checked with everyone in my area and no one wants the jobs. So then that begs the question, how do we get this information out to the rest of the people in Trim. Yates has no problem soliciting a job when it's a plum job but when it's a difficult job then he wants nothing to do with it. These jobs have been open for some time and now there is an inspection job that has been put back in. Of course, that job is classified and must be bid. You say you want to come days and you know for a fact that there are open jobs and you want to know why there is no movement on bringing you to days. I've shown you some of the jobs, there may be more but if they are not in my area, then I don't know which ones they are. So if the company isn't interested in soliciting the jobs and Bruce Yates isn't interested in soliciting the jobs how are they going to be filled? My group's manpower remains compromised and YOUR ability to come days is compromised, isn't it? I'm glad you feel confident that Bruce is going to rectify the situation, unfortunately, I don't share your confidence and don't mind pushing the issue to get it resolved. I'm sorry if that offends you or if you feel that isn't the way to do things.

Strange, the interior trim jobs are in your area on night shift so there may be some confusion there. Everyone I know that has done interior trim loves those jobs they are good jobs. I already told you that a union rep can not solicite for a job and the group leaders usually do this not because the have to or are supposed to but because they can have more opportunity to get it done. Management will drag their feet for as long as they can. If you want the jobs filled just ask your people tell Bruce no one wants them and he will get the info. from other areas and you will get someone from another area. Simple. I was in the plant on day shift talking to friends in Trim when Bruce and Cory argued about filling jobs and if Cory has as many extra people as he claims then where are they all? He keeps telling management that he does not need people. From what my friends tell me on days you do and that is part of the problem why you can't train people or move them to jobs they bid on. I don't know why Cory is being so difficult. Cory even told someone that he was going to have security escort me out of the plant if someone I was talking to shut the line down for any reason because I would be interfearing with production. So I left. Interior trim jobs have not been open that long. Tom Withrow went to nights a few weeks ago. When we had Roy on night shift there were jobs open for over a year and a half! I just think that we all need to work as a team and things will get done faster and better. Everything is so political in this plant. It is sad that you all can't work together.

You may be right about us staying nights. Three of us were ready to go days a week or so ago and marvin Jones shot it all down. So we will just wait for the bump sheet now. We willl just have to wait and see! Cory does not think that you need people on days that is what he told Marvin. He has ten extra people acording to him. If that is the case then you should all be fine then. As for Bruce, He always returns my calls and he has been very helpful. I think he is a very knowledgable union rep. He did a lot for us on nights just a few months ago. He wrote three grievences for me against the company and put up for bid six or more prime jobs on nights that our committeeman would not do. So yes I have confidence he can get things done. Jimmy Hall was a big part of your problem along with Cory. Jimmy could not handle things and went back to the line. I don't blame him. If I had to work with management like Cory I would get so angry too! :banghead:

You may be right about us staying nights. Three of us were ready to go days a week or so ago and marvin Jones shot it all down. So we will just wait for the bump sheet now. We willl just have to wait and see! Cory does not think that you need people on days that is what he told Marvin. He has ten extra people acording to him. If that is the case then you should all be fine then. As for Bruce, He always returns my calls and he has been very helpful. I think he is a very knowledgable union rep. He did a lot for us on nights just a few months ago. He wrote three grievences for me against the company and put up for bid six or more prime jobs on nights that our committeeman would not do. So yes I have confidence he can get things done. Jimmy Hall was a big part of your problem along with Cory. Jimmy could not handle things and went back to the line. I don't blame him. If I had to work with management like Cory I would get so angry too! :banghead:

Jennifer, I've been dealing with Bruce Yates a lot longer than you have. You said he wrote 3 grievances for you. Great. Do you have a settlement on those grievances? As for extra people on days, where are they? We are always scrambling for people. I do know that they aren't doing training because they claim there is no money for it and they are getting people out the door. I do know that since at least November, someone has always had to be borrowed over to interior trim. Now they have to borrow two people. As far as nights go, I don't know how the groups are split up but I am surprised that they don't mirror each other in breakdown. My group ends with the anti rattle bracket job on right side and rcm cover on left side. In my personal experience with Yates, I have found his veracity to be unreliable. As for Jimmy Hall, he wasn't a bad committeeman. He did the best he could with the support he got (that includes his Bargaining Rep). He didn't voluntarily go back to the line. He was reduced back due to numbers necessary for representation. He was on during the time that the BCs were negotiating. Don't try to imply that he quit. Jimmy was on the floor and did his job. As for things being political, your buddy Yates plays the politics just as much as anyone so don't try to blame it all on one side. He may be representing you but I can assure you that is not the general concensus in Trim on days and I am there, you're not! Truthfully, I think you're defending him because you're hoping that he's going to help you out to come to days. Word of advice, don't hold your breath. There will always be another excuse or someone else to blame for why he couldn't do it. Mark my words.