OHAP Elections

Spring

Unit two was disposed of. However the National contract defines a business unit pg 25 of the contract. "For the purpose of providing representation and operating under this Agreement, the Company shall be divided into Units. Each Depot, plant, or works shall constitute such a Unit." Pretty clear isn't it. The company DID NOT CLOSE A UNIT. I shouted that last because even though the Reveiw board and everyone else has repeatedly said the same thing some folks just don't get it.
I see, it also goes on to say "Whenever operations in a Unit of the Rouge Area are discontinued or so curtailed as to make its continuance as a seperate Unit impractical, the parties shall by mutual agreement eliminate such Unit or combine its remnants with one of the remaining Units." But would not the local agreement trump the National in this instance, because it was by mutual agreement. And such agreement was not only better than the National in favor of the membership, but was also approved by the I-UAW/FoMoCo? I see the discrepancy.

Actually there were more jobs that they had in Lorain that they were going to get rid of but Nick fought for them and bropught them over. You forgot Tire build up for one. If you don't believe they were going to get rid of these jobs you are sadly mistaken. They also wanted Ip build up but Nick kept them all. By the way you use Tim "I have to cheat to get elected" Rowe as a source. Wasn't he removed from office by the Federal Govenrment and then lost when he ran to keep his job?
Now that you mention it I remember hearing this before we came and it was to be done upon Consolidation. I can't believe I got caught in the spin, I should know better! There were allot of rumors flying at that time and I was not sure what to believe. That is a score for Nick. The local (425) had us all believing that there was to be no GEN coverage for those that were working with low seniority also.
If you had ever been to a union meeting you would have heard Nick say repeatedly that he will not get involved in rumor mongering or speculation. He believes it does not benefit and can hurt the membership. He has not said it once, but on several occasions. Look at Mary's notes adn she'll show you. As far as the information Jerry did have.
I can respect that, your saying he would not confirm what he could not substanciate. Ultimately Jerry Donovan was correct though!
All of that was avaialbvale at Soldiers of Solidarity, Live Bait and Ammo, and the Future of the Union web sites. Go check. Knowing disgruntled former union representatives is not the same as having powerful "Freinds on High".
I don't frequent that sight, but who ever runs it has access to much we do not ie; contracts right off the bargaining table. I watched during that time and cannot understand why they are so radical. I mean so much so, that after GM and Chrysler had already ratified they infiltrated this sight telling us to vote it down. We did get better, and it would have been suicide for us if we had voted it down after the other two did not. Chrysler's descision made it clear what to do. Otherwise we would have been uncompetative within just the domestics, let alone the imports! I still voted no knowing it would pass just to keep my self respect though!

It is not union funds being used to buy you a jacket. If it were union funds you would have had the oppurtunity to vote on the expenditure and the color. Don't trust me on this trust the NLRB and the Soldiers of Solidarity team. If any union funds had been used all of the air would have been sucked out of Lorain County as Jerry sped his way to the Cleveland offices of the NLRB.

Screw the jacket in any color, I want the cash. I did not come to work here for clothes, although I have a nice collection of 08' campaign T-Shirts! :hysterical:

P.S I do appreciate your clarification, instead of taking a threatening tone like some others. I may have pushed the envolope, but that is the only real way to get answers. If I had not made the agrguement than I would still have these unanswered questions. The only matter left for me is the ones of the stock jobs being held by low seniority, while senior employees were not afforded the oppertunity. Also the blocking of the first group of flowbacks from Sandusky being able to bid on jobs when they came. Lastly why are the remaining RTBU's from Sandusky not being transfered to our plant?

Edited by Furious1Auto

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hysterical: Should I feel threatened? Are you treatening me? Should I were a T-Shirt to work that says "I am Furious" so it is obvious to all, how you guys attack line workers who can think for their selves. Just a little leg work, if you read my previous posts there are several mentions as to who I am and what I stand for! If that is your position then tell me where I am in error! As for my post count I take much pride in not having a life, LOL! By the way I do go to meetings, and was at the ones leading up to the contract and last months also! So far you guys refuse to address the arguements I have made! (with exception to Irish Dad) I am also trying to help us secure a forum of our own with the International, while lobbying for the Health Care plan that the UAW is supporting! You guys are wasting your energy attacking me! Do something for the good of our company and our membership, get the petitions signed and turn them back into Tim before the U.S. general election so we can secure our retiree Health Care fund! (VEBA)

Where am i threating you??? Who attacked a line worker?? Grow up Furious i see you can dish it but can't take when it comes back on you. I want the membership to know who is publicly putting OHAP garbage on the internet. Maybe once everyone knows who you are the membership can judge you as you have others. Nobody is threating you just stating a opinion same as you over 5000 times in 11 months. Who is the one talking about knocking out peoples teeth?? I believe you talked about it a few posts ago. Go back to focusing on the quality of the unit i can support that 100%. I also can support your effort to secure this forum the political stuff let them fight it out. You may not realize it but you are being used as a tool something you stated would not happen. Furious obviously you are a smart man and don't like what is going on in the plant. One thing you haven't done is got the other side i would suggest you do that. You have not asked any questions at the Union meetings that would be the proper place for debate. I'm all for debate at Union meetings that's what there for I'll be expecting to see you there at the microphone getting answers with those you accuse of not doing there sworn duty.

MichaelDonovan.jpg

If this is your depiction of Michael Donovan then I dare you share your opinion with him in person Carpkiller (I'm sure he will be campaigning in your area soon!) Likely you will be picking up your teeth if you do, and all that to secure a political loss!
:hysterical:
Hey the same goes for Pipi Long stocking LOL, Mary with her devotion to the membership and her intelect is going to kick the sh-t out of you in the polls, and for good reason! Good luck to all of you in the Future. I hope us all the best, work hard and keep us strong no matter who gets elected!

Sincerly, Furious1Auto

Furious, don't act stupid. Mary never got enough votes to be anything with that gaping traphole, and Mike can defend himself and doesn't need you to stick up for him. Besides, just because he can kick your ass doesn't mean shit to me.

You need to wake up young one, I have seen you turn out be one of the most wishy washy flip floppers on the web. You throw crap out there you can't sunstantiate, then agree with people that prove you wrong and try to cover it up by saying that's how you get the facts out?

That is a load of crap. You statements are all one sided hearsay.

Furious, don't act stupid. Mary never got enough votes to be anything with that gaping traphole, and Mike can defend himself and doesn't need you to stick up for him. Besides, just because he can kick your ass doesn't mean shit to me.

You need to wake up young one, I have seen you turn out be one of the most wishy washy flip floppers on the web. You throw crap out there you can't sunstantiate, then agree with people that prove you wrong and try to cover it up by saying that's how you get the facts out?

That is a load of crap. You statements are all one sided hearsay.

Wishy washy. Woludn't it be more ignorant on my part to insist that I am correct in light of the fact someone presents contractual language to the contrary. That my freind would make me a "FOOL." My whole intent from the beginning was to motivate a debate, so I can learn what I do not know. You guys also had an oppertunity to debate over Jerry's letter, Robert's letter, Nick's letter, and Nick's smear letter but choose to sit quite and attack those who "dessent" on a personal level! Address my post above instead of assualting me. At least Irish Dad has the intelligece to do so without personal attacks! Third shift, Chasis, JC (Jayson Casselman) column A-21, Look up my record I have none. I have never had an AWOL since being hired, and I do the hardest job in my area. I remain there despite that fact, because I have never tried to skate from the work that I am payed to do! I also stay there, because I am surrounded by very good people. I have also never been on FMLA, or taken a medical leave from Ford. I am age 31, and have 3 children that depend on the viability of our plant! Hope this saves you some trouble! I did not choose my User ID to hide. I had no intention on getting involved in local polotics on this sight. I came here to source parts for my car, and to :slap: around trolls that come here to bash us and our products. Do the same so I can support what you say! Oh yeah and my correct post count is 5,281 and counting LOL!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Screw the jacket in any color, I want the cash. I did not come to work here for clothes, although I have a nice collection of 08' campaign T-Shirts! :hysterical:

P.S I do appreciate your clarification, instead of taking a threatening tone like some others. I may have pushed the envolope, but that is the only real way to get answers. If I had not made the agrguement than I would still have these unanswered questions. The only matter left for me is the ones of the stock jobs being held by low seniority, while senior employees were not afforded the oppertunity. Also the blocking of the first group of flowbacks from Sandusky being able to bid on jobs when they came. Lastly why are the remaining RTBU's from Sandusky not being transfered to our plant?

The low seniority people in staokc are there because of the pending classifaction adjustment fro the COA. AT teh first two of the last treeh union meeting Nick explained that there was a reduction in that classification coming as soon as the company identified a union contractor to take ovet he jobs outsourced as part of the COA. He also said that he would not allow the jobs being reduced tobe bid,because it would screw over the peopel who had been in the calssifaction since teh consolidation. If a more senior person took a job and in three months the classification was reduced the guy who had been doing the job for years would be displaced. As far as the seniority of teh people go, the company will not train peoiple to fill temporary jobs that are going away. Look wht happened to cleanup: little or no training required so seniority rules. In teh case of high low operators I personally would prefer that they know what they are doing.

I don't kow what you are talking about with blocking people from Sandusky form bidding on jobs, I saw one of them in labor on the day they went thropugh orientation putting in a bid on a seperate sheet fro the traditional seniority list. I also know that RTBU's can only come back if the company agrees that there is a pemanent need for them. In other words there must be a difference in ot required to operate numbers and our full time employees. If there is no difference the company will not allow a flow back.

The low seniority people in staokc are there because of the pending classifaction adjustment fro the COA. AT teh first two of the last treeh union meeting Nick explained that there was a reduction in that classification coming as soon as the company identified a union contractor to take ovet he jobs outsourced as part of the COA. He also said that he would not allow the jobs being reduced tobe bid,because it would screw over the peopel who had been in the calssifaction since teh consolidation. If a more senior person took a job and in three months the classification was reduced the guy who had been doing the job for years would be displaced. As far as the seniority of teh people go, the company will not train peoiple to fill temporary jobs that are going away. Look wht happened to cleanup: little or no training required so seniority rules. In teh case of high low operators I personally would prefer that they know what they are doing.

I don't kow what you are talking about with blocking people from Sandusky form bidding on jobs, I saw one of them in labor on the day they went thropugh orientation putting in a bid on a seperate sheet fro the traditional seniority list. I also know that RTBU's can only come back if the company agrees that there is a pemanent need for them. In other words there must be a difference in ot required to operate numbers and our full time employees. If there is no difference the company will not allow a flow back.

Fair enough, your saying memebers would be reduced out in these clasifications if they were allowed to come? So it is to protect our current employ from being displaced? As for the blocking of bid rights, That smear letter I found made mention of the first group of Sandusky flowbacks not being afforded the right to choose their jobs by seniority. They were simply assigned to available work, without preference. I remember this to be true because those people on the floor were talking about it! Ultimately the company did train people for these stock jobs, if they are/were temporary why did they train them? Were they really ever temporary?

Edited by Furious1Auto

I have an idea :) next union meeting everyone get out from behind their screen names and if its possible for those who sit behind the computer drunk all day to not drink long enough to be able to attend and take all the argument there and get the answers right there in the meeting where there are plenty of witnesses and they can properly answer all your questions. and on a better note Happy Easter f*ck these forums for a day and go be with your families hope everyone has a safe one.

I have an idea :) next union meeting everyone get out from behind their screen names and if its possible for those who sit behind the computer drunk all day to not drink long enough to be able to attend and take all the argument there and get the answers right there in the meeting where there are plenty of witnesses and they can properly answer all your questions. and on a better note Happy Easter f*ck these forums for a day and go be with your families hope everyone has a safe one.

The problem with open debate at the local meeting is that it allows Roberts rules of order to shut people up and hide what their opponents have to say. But I concur on having an open debate between the candidates directly. Let's hold one between those who plan to run for the chair! I also agree with the rest, Happy Easter everyone. We'll hit it again latter!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Wishy washy. Woludn't it be more ignorant on my part to insist that I am correct in light of the fact someone presents contractual language to the contrary. That my freind would make me a "FOOL." My whole intent from the beginning was to motivate a debate, so I can learn what I do not know. You guys also had an oppertunity to debate over Jerry's letter, Robert's letter, Nick's letter, and Nick's smear letter but choose to sit quite and attack those who "dessent" on a personal level! Address my post above instead of assualting me. At least Irish Dad has the intelligece to do so without personal attacks! Third shift, Chasis, JC (Jayson Casselman) column A-21, Look up my record I have none. I have never had an AWOL since being hired, and I do the hardest job in my area. I remain there despite that fact, because I have never tried to skate from the work that I am payed to do! I also stay there, because I am surrounded by very good people. I have also never been on FMLA, or taken a medical leave from Ford. I am age 31, and have 3 children that depend on the viability of our plant! Hope this saves you some trouble! I did not choose my User ID to hide. I had no intention on getting involved in local polotics on this sight. I came here to source parts for my car, and to :slap: around trolls that come here to bash us and our products. Do the same so I can support what you say! Oh yeah and my correct post count is 5,281 and counting LOL!

Well, JC, YOU stepped up to the line! So there are a few people on here that post and have the courage of their convictions to say who they are. Michael Donovan, Paul Donovan, you, Ben Davey, Jennifer Bores, Mike Stempowski and myself are some of those people. The others prefer to hide behind a cloak of anonymity and COWARDICE! That being said, the membership can evaluate their credibility or lack thereof based on their actions. I don't agree with Jennifer and Ben and I have had our differences but I respect their positions because they don't hide behind a fake name. JC, they challenged you to reveal who you are but I see that they don't have the guts to do the same. But then, did you expect anything else from them? That's why I've chosen to put them on ignore. It's a very useful little tool. They have nothing worthwhile to say anyway because they have no credibility. You, on the other hand, are not afraid. Happy Easter!

Fair enough, your saying memebers would be reduced out in these clasifications if they were allowed to come? So it is to protect our current employ from being displaced? As for the blocking of bid rights, That smear letter I found made mention of the first group of Sandusky flowbacks not being afforded the right to choose their jobs by seniority. They were simply assigned to available work, without preference. I remember this to be true because those people on the floor were talking about it! Ultimately the company did train people for these stock jobs, if they are/were temporary why did they train them? Were they really ever temporary?

It was said at the union meeting that no one would be trained on a temporary basis for the stock jobs. AS far as I know that still holds true. The RTBU's came back to work available, they are allowed to bid on jobs and as far as I know they have the oppurtunity to displace the lowest senior person in their classifiaction in their area. That does not mean they get to pick a job just because they have seniority over a particular person. The speculation on the stock jobs has been repetedly answered at the union meetings. Trust me there have been a number of persons, a few from this forum, who have brought up open jobs and stock jobs at nearly every meeting. If there was anything untoward going on there it would have been posted

It was said at the union meeting that no one would be trained on a temporary basis for the stock jobs. AS far as I know that still holds true. The RTBU's came back to work available, they are allowed to bid on jobs and as far as I know they have the oppurtunity to displace the lowest senior person in their classifiaction in their area. That does not mean they get to pick a job just because they have seniority over a particular person. The speculation on the stock jobs has been repetedly answered at the union meetings. Trust me there have been a number of persons, a few from this forum, who have brought up open jobs and stock jobs at nearly every meeting. If there was anything untoward going on there it would have been posted

As you will find I never had a dog in this fight, only concern for my brothers and sister. I never had enough seniority to hold any of these jobs. I just want what is right, even if it is not advantageous for me personally! If we cannot protect our members, and if seniority is not respected, then are we still union? On another note for all the members with my seniority, and who cannot retire within the next 15 years get a petition from Tim Donovan and get the signatures we need to get this health care plan passed so we can secure our future medical. Places where there are elderly people, are the best places to get these signatures. Because they are normally effected by, or know someone closely who is affected by the cost of medical bills. Bingo, churches, and senior centers these are all good places. Currently insurance companies use 40% of what they take in towards administration and advertising costs, and they still profit in the billions anually. Their profit, advertising costs, and part of their administration costs are dollars that would more effectivly be spent on health care services and medicines to those who need it. Or even reductions in peoples monthly premiums. Since our medical is currently paid by Ford you won't see a difference in your check unless we can negotiate one. Also don't think medical will not be an issue in or next contract negotiation if this trend continues! I talked again with Trimdingman (who is a CAW member) and the correct dollar amount is $32.00 an hour plus COLA, that's right because Ford does not pay for medical for it's employ in Canada the CAW was able to negotiate $4.00 more for them on their base hourly rate then we get currently, and they still get a cost of living allowance. Also initially or at least for the next 4 years the cost savings in Ohio would make it advantageous for Ford to move more opperations to the Buckeye, the same goes for other manufacturers and small business owners as well. We have always had an advantage logistically, Ohio is the gateway to the north eastern states. You can hardly cross this continent from east to west without going through the state of Ohio. I drove a semi for 7 years and hated the fact I could only drive 55 MPH in this god foresaken state because of that fact. Kansas City is the gateway to the North, this also secures their plant! Lastly it will help to secure our VEBA retiree health care fund for long term viability! If we don't make it happen in the long term, and if our VEBA loses solvency Like Caterpiller's did just after 6 years you will see our retiree's medical coverage change. They could likely go from 100% coverage to 90/10, or even 80/20. While their out of pocket monthly premiums go from "0" as $80.00 an month or better. This is exactly what happened to my father. He is a retired policeman from the city of Lorain, when he first retired he had 100% medical coverage with "0" monthly premium. Now he has the standard 80/20, and I believe he said he pays $80.00 a month for his premium. He gets letter occasionally informing him of changes, and he gets his medical payed by the government. Now if that could happen to him/us and knowing that part of our VEBA was funded with stocks rather than cash, what will be available to those who expect to draw VEBA medical 15 years from now? It is very important to get this legislation on the ballot and send the insurance companies packing! If we can get it on the ballot and inform people we know, then the people of the state of Ohio will pass it! Here is a LINK to several videos on the movie SiCKO! This documentary is one of the best eye opening movies I have seen. We have been lied to through fear mongering by the insurance companies, pharmecutical companies, and some doctors who have been scared by this propaganda. If you have not watched SiCKO rent it, I have been sharing it with people close to me! It will make you angry once you learn that the reason Ron Bills is constantly fighting bills we should not be recieving, is because claim handlers get paid bonuses for denying claims and coverage! There has been discrediting backlash by the media from this movie, but watch it and see why and judge for yourself. You will see the health care insurance industry is one of the biggest lobbies on capital hill, they are and have been buying our poloticians through campaign contributions! It's time to stop this madness!

Edited by Furious1Auto

As you will find I never had a dog in this fight, only concern for my brothers and sister. I never had enough seniority to hold any of these jobs. I just want what is right, even if it is not advantageous for me personally! If we cannot protect our members, and if seniority is not respected, then are we still union? On another note for all the members with my seniority, and who cannot retire within the next 15 years get a petition from Tim Donovan and get the signatures we need to get this health care plan passed so we can secure our future medical. Places where there are elderly people, are the best places to get these signatures. Because they are normally effected by, or know someone closely who is affected by the cost of medical bills. Bingo, churches, and senior centers these are all good places. Currently insurance companies use 40% of what they take in towards administration and advertising costs, and they still profit in the billions anually. Their profit, advertising costs, and part of their administration costs are dollars that would more effectivly be spent on health care services and medicines to those who need it. Or even reductions in peoples monthly premiums. Since our medical is currently paid by Ford you won't see a difference in your check unless we can negotiate one. Also don't think medical will not be an issue in or next contract negotiation if this trend continues! I talked again with Trimdingman (who is a CAW member) and the correct dollar amount is $32.00 an hour plus COLA, that's right because Ford does not pay for medical for it's employ in Canada the CAW was able to negotiate $4.00 more for them on their base hourly rate then we get currently, and they still get a cost of living allowance. Also initially or at least for the next 4 years the cost savings in Ohio would make it advantageous for Ford to move more opperations to the Buckeye, the same goes for other manufacturers and small business owners as well. We have always had an advantage logistically, Ohio is the gateway to the north eastern states. You can hardly cross this continent from east to west without going through the state of Ohio. I drove a semi for 7 years and hated the fact I could only drive 55 MPH in this god foresaken state because of that fact. Kansas City is the gateway to the North, this also secures their plant! Lastly it will help to secure our VEBA retiree health care fund for long term viability! If we don't make it happen in the long term, and if our VEBA loses solvency Like Caterpiller's did just after 6 years you will see our retiree's medical coverage change. They could likely go from 100% coverage to 90/10, or even 80/20. While their out of pocket monthly premiums go from "0" as $80.00 an month or better. This is exactly what happened to my father. He is a retired policeman from the city of Lorain, when he first retired he had 100% medical coverage with "0" monthly premium. Now he has the standard 80/20, and I believe he said he pays $80.00 a month for his premium. He gets letter occasionally informing him of changes, and he gets his medical payed by the government. Now if that could happen to him/us and knowing that part of our VEBA was funded with stocks rather than cash, what will be available to those who expect to draw VEBA medical 15 years from now? It is very important to get this legislation on the ballot and send the insurance companies packing! If we can get it on the ballot and inform people we know, then the people of the state of Ohio will pass it! Here is a LINK to several videos on the movie SiCKO! This documentary is one of the best eye opening movies I have seen. We have been lied to through fear mongering by the insurance companies, pharmecutical companies, and some doctors who have been scared by this propaganda. If you have not watched SiCKO rent it, I have been sharing it with people close to me! It will make you angry once you learn that the reason Ron Bills is constantly fighting bills we should not be recieving, is because claim handlers get paid bonuses for denying claims and coverage! There has been discrediting backlash by the media from this movie, but watch it and see why and judge for yourself. You will see the health care insurance industry is one of the biggest lobbies on capital hill, they are and have been buying our poloticians through campaign contributions! It's time to stop this madness!

Hey furious or should i say JASON CASTLEMAN hum would that be your dad Harold?

Hey furious or should i say JASON CASTLEMAN hum would that be your dad Harold?

Yes sir it would, although you grossly misspelled my name LOL! You will see his name appear first on the petition I turn in. I have my Aunt working on securing more signatures through VSFD. She called me earlier to tell me she made an announcement for all interested registered voters to come sign it. It made it halfway around the room before it was completely covered with signatures. She also told me some of the regular bingo players asked to take petitons back to the retirement centers they live in. We'll have to see if it bears any fruit. I believe you need 400,000 signatures to introduce a bill to the ballot for a vote. I'm sure we won't get them all, but we are not the only local, and organization working on this task. I may have to go and get more copies from the hall if my plan works out, you guys can acost me there LOL. If Volunteer Services For Diabetics collects a significant number of signatures for us, I will make a motion to make a donation to their organization. A modest donation is the least we can do, for them stepping up to help out the UAW, along with every Ohioan that is under or uninsured! Since you know my dad, and I know many of you do. You probably know my brother too. Ask my Dad about the difference between his medical when he retired VS. what it is now. If you guys have wives that attend bingo please have them do the same! EMINEMSUXS Are you a traveling man? You can answer me through IM! Just click on my user ID and then click on "Send Message!"

Edited by Furious1Auto

I do not belive that that greivance is going to be paid, if it was even filed. The financial reprecussions of paying that greivance would break Ford. There must be a couple hundred tradesmen who were not asked to work that layoff, becuase of the way we have always scheduled tradesa for layoff in the past. If the pay Jerry they will have to pay them all. And that is only this layoff. How many other times has this happened?

I think there is some confusion here. There is two situations. 1) Jerry forgetting to sign the book to work and 2) production folks working in chassis during the down week with low seniority. The grievance was supposed to be wrote for #2 situation. In both cases or seniority rights were questioned.

seen several papers at my bosses computer and in Labor saying that we might be down the week of May 19th. I'm still trying to straighten out my unemployment from the last week we were off even with Tim Donovan's help its still a pain in the butt.

Yes, that is correct. I had that confirmed by Material Handling.

seen several papers at my bosses computer and in Labor saying that we might be down the week of May 19th. I'm still trying to straighten out my unemployment from the last week we were off even with Tim Donovan's help its still a pain in the butt.

Yeah it sucks. I had mine held up in the unemployment office, because I made a rookie mistake. I got the unemployment half a week late and pushed back the difference till probably a week or two. (hopefully not 6 like the last time) Thank god I have enough foresight not to spend every dime I make! All and all I'm a little wiser now!

It's been pretty quiet around here since Spring challenged the other OHAP users to identify their selves.

At least Triplett had the balls to do the same, even though I know he is not exactly my biggest fan right now.

That's alright Paul it was an honest mistake. I did get it wrong, and I realize what was at stake. I also know, you know who I am and you are quite a bit larger than I am. I understand your angst, and it is warranted. If it would make you feel better we can share ice packs and a beer so we can get it behind us. It might hurt a bit, but I can take responsibility for my mistakes. I've also seen you on the floor quite a bit since being elected in an official capacity, that's a good thing for the membership. That's exactly why I support Mike. There is nothing worse then a Rep that you never see on the floor, well other than one who refuses too represent you once you get them there.

I'd like to know exactly who it is that thinks they can decide who they represent based on whether or not they like you, rather than based on the merits of your grievence alone? This is good to know when going into the voting booth. I suspect everyone here will be forthcoming with their identity from this point on?

These next couple of weeks should be interesting in light of things, may the best man shine through. It could make me a "Whishy Washy, flip flopper" though. But that's alright, I don't really give a sh-t how I am labeled as long as we get the best we can for the chair.

Edited by Furious1Auto

This election has been real interesting. It has been pretty bad on here at times but I got to say that in plant there hasn't been no smear letters except for one. Thats been real good. I think maybe this time the people running realize that the people are sick of stuff like that. I know what used to happen at Lorain and I heard stories about Avon Lake so thats why I was kind of surprised. But its good surprised. Maybe the guys running are starting to take the people on the line seriously for a change!

Yeah it sucks. I had mine held up in the unemployment office, because I made a rookie mistake. I got the unemployment half a week late and pushed back the difference till probably a week or two. (hopefully not 6 like the last time) Thank god I have enough foresight not to spend every dime I make! All and all I'm a little wiser now!

It's been pretty quiet around here since Spring challenged the other OHAP users to identify their selves.

At least Triplett had the balls to do the same, even though I know he is not exactly my biggest fan right now.

That's alright Paul it was an honest mistake. I did get it wrong, and I realize what was at stake. I also know, you know who I am and you are quite a bit larger than I am. I understand your angst, and it is warranted. If it would make you feel better we can share ice packs and a beer so we can get it behind us. It might hurt a bit, but I can take responsibility for my mistakes. I've also seen you on the floor quite a bit since being elected in an official capacity, that's a good thing for the membership. That's exactly why I support Mike. There is nothing worse then a Rep that you never see on the floor, well other than one who refuses too represent you once you get them there.

I'd like to know exactly who it is that thinks they can decide who they represent based on whether or not they like you, rather than based on the merits of your grievence alone? This is good to know when going into the voting booth. I suspect everyone here will be forthcoming with their identity from this point on?

These next couple of weeks should be interesting in light of things, may the best man shine through. It could make me a "Whishy Washy, flip flopper" though. But that's alright, I don't really give a sh-t how I am labeled as long as we get the best we can for the chair.

Hey Furious;

Actually, I don't know who you are.

I don't know what I'm supposed to be madd about either.

You need to know up front I'm not a violent person .

If you were supposed to have made me madd, your forgiven.

Honestly though I don't know what about.

On second thought, I do know of one thing this could be about.

If you been wild pig hunting in Logan West Virginia, you need to talk to me face to face.

No need to fight. Sorry there just was'nt any pork for you that day you tried to poach.

Paul Triplett

Edited by integrity

Hey Furious;

Actually, I don't know who you are.

I don't know what I'm supposed to be madd about either.

You need to know up front I'm not a violent person .

If you were supposed to have made me madd, your forgiven.

Honestly though I don't know what about.

On second thought, I do know of one thing this could be about.

If you been wild pig hunting in Logan West Virginia, you need to talk to me face to face.

No need to fight. Sorry there just was'nt any pork for you that day you tried to poach.

Paul Triplett

I was refering to the day I accused you of being Crapkiller, and you had the balls to identify yourself.

I was a little pissed that the BC special election did not take place till after the contract was negotiated, although I realize that was not your descision. That is not to say you did not do a good job negotiating, I don't know to what degree or how involved you were in making the calls.

You met me again, on Friday while Kiska was talking to me. You don't remember? I assumed that by your reaction that you knew exactly who I am.

Either way like I said before, since you have been duely elected I have seen you on the floor on nights on at least a dozen occasions. Being visible gives us confidence, it's too bad more Reps have not figured that out! I'll bet you don't have a secret knock to get into your office!

Here's a pic of me and my duaghters at the Cleveland International Autoshow!

DSCI0532.jpg

Edited by Furious1Auto

I was refering to the day I accused you of being Crapkiller, and you had the balls to identify yourself.

I was a little pissed that the BC special election did not take place till after the contract was negotiated, although I realize that was not your descision. That is not to say you did not do a good job negotiating, I don't know to what degree or how involved you were in making the calls.

You met me again, on Friday while Kiska was talking to me. You don't remember? I assumed that by your reaction that you knew exactly who I am.

Either way like I said before, since you have been duely elected I have seen you on the floor on nights on at least a dozen occasions. Being visible gives us confidence, it's too bad more Reps have not figured that out! I'll bet you don't have a secret knock to get into your office!

DSCI0532.jpg

Hey dude;

I did'nt know it was you.

I'm not madd. Honest.

I just wanted to make sure you knew I was not the other guy, crapshooter or what ever.

I was not allowed to negotiate.

I just came to nights the 1st week of March.

I'm assignend to the garage.

I try to get to the other areas as much as possible.

Thanks for the kudos.

Take care and "honest", I'm not madd at all.

Paul Triplett

Edited by integrity

DSCI0532.jpg

Your daughter on the far right looks just like you!

Something has been bothering me and I would like to inform everyone in local 200. Jason, maybe you can help by posting the letter that Mike and Jerry Donovan and Paul T passed out for those union members who did not get a chance to read the letter. I saw it last night. I am not a computer wiz. I count on my husband for that kind of stuff and he is somewhere between Kuwait and Iraq right now..... Anyway. They mentioned that they want change and one of the things they plan to do is have open jobs posted within two days.....

Folks listen up please, Nick Galogly and Bruce Yates wrote a resolution for our local agreement putting this in our last contract. It is already our right. I just went through this in trim on nights. There were several good jobs (group leader and relief) that were being filled everyday by G.U.'s. When I asked management about it..... they told me " it is the quality of people they want not the quantity of people for those positions." yet they were complaining about not having enough people to run. If they filled all of these open jobs then the G.U.'s would be free and give them more versitility . Management did not see it that way. If your committeeperson will not write the grievance... go to your B.C. I did. Bruce wrote the grievance and all the jobs were put up for bid and filled. It is up to all of us to notify the union if we feel something is not right. They have thousands of jobs to track. I am suprissed that our two B.C.'s did not know this already or are they just trying to say they will do something that is already done and is our right. I told Bruce he should put out a letter to notify those folks who do not read blue oval. I think this is very important for everyone to know and since we have so many new people joining us from other plants, I think this is an important piece of info. we need to all work together to get things done. A few of people can not do everything but they can make a big difference! :happy feet:

Edited by jbores6511

Something has been bothering me and I would like to inform everyone in local 200. Jason, maybe you can help by posting the letter that Mike and Jerry Donovan and Paul T passed out for those union members who did not get a chance to read the letter. I saw it last night. I am not a computer wiz. I count on my husband for that kind of stuff and he is somewhere between Kuwait and Iraq right now..... Anyway. They mentioned that they want change and one of the things they plan to do is have open jobs posted within two days.....

Folks listen up please, Nick Galogly and Bruce Yates wrote a resolution for our local agreement putting this in our last contract. It is already our right. I just went through this in trim on nights. There were several good jobs (group leader and relief) that were being filled everyday by G.U.'s. When I asked management about it..... they told me " it is the quality of people they want not the quantity of people for those positions." yet they were complaining about not having enough people to run. If they filled all of these open jobs then the G.U.'s would be free and give them more versitility . Management did not see it that way. If your committeeperson will not write the grievance... go to your B.C. I did. Bruce wrote the grievance and all the jobs were put up for bid and filled. It is up to all of us to notify the union if we feel something is not right. They have thousands of jobs to track. I am suprissed that our two B.C.'s did not know this already or are they just trying to say they will do something that is already done and is our right. I told Bruce he should put out a letter to notify those folks who do not read blue oval. I think this is very important for everyone to know and since we have so many new people joining us from other plants, I think this is an important piece of info. we need to all work together to get things done. A few of people can not do everything but they can make a big difference! :happy feet:

I got the letter and will post it when I have more time! One of the biggest reasons people don't know their rights is that we haven't recieved a copy of the COA, or new local agreement as of yet. Does anyone know when we will?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Doesn't Nick have to sign all the job bids? That's what I was told when I asked when a job was being posted.

Doesn't Nick have to sign all the job bids? That's what I was told when I asked when a job was being posted.

I'm not sure. But, I have not heard of him refusing to sign any where they were needed. The only time I have ever heard of anyone holding up a job bid was when they refused to allow the bids for the stock jobs that were being eliminated. I thought that all of the representatives agreed to this. I know open jobs and job bids have has been a topic of conversation over that last few union meetings and whenever JBores or the girl from chassis bring it up, Nick refers to the area commiteeman I also have heard him say that it is the commiteemans responsibility to ensure that all open jobs are bid and that all bids are filled in a timely manner. I have yet to hear any committe person say they wanted to bid a job and Nick wouldn't allow it. Check Springs notes from the meetings, I'm sure that the conversations are there.

Edited by Irish_Dad