OHAP Elections

Spring

wow, sorry. Forgot this is just a Donovan site were B.S. and lies are posted constantly. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I do not agree with hog cutting, irate tempers and a union full of family favoritism. So what am I supposed to jump on your ban wagon so I can get a good job and forget seniority? I only post when someone is making stuff up or i absolutely do not agree with. I think most of the stuff you guys post is a joke. period. Then again... it's politics... make stuff up and hope people agree with you. right? That seems to be the Donovan plan!

Jennifer, we have a great ESSP rep who can refer you to someone for that persecution complex! You want people to respect your opinion but you don't want to seem to respect the fact that there are people who's opinions will differ from yours. We are in agreement, neither of us like hog cutting. You seem to have a pretty irate temper yourself as is evidenced by some of your comments. And who is showing family favoritism? There are many in the membership who feel that it is taking place but with someone else's family (other than who you are trying to imply). There is no "Donovan" plan and I resent you saying there is. As for this being a Donovan site, go take a look at Trim and Chassis and ask the people what they think. By the way, I thought you were coming over to my area? Geez, I even made coffee earlier than usual waiting for you! LMAO! Who was wrong there? I feel bad for you. You really got sucked in by Yates' bs and you'll realize it eventually. I think it's a real shame that Brucie's girlfriend has managed to stay on days even when you couldn't. Yes, she's still on days in Paint although granted she had to bust from a TFT to a TPT to do it. Yes, that hog goes SOOOEY!

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennifer, we have a great ESSP rep who can refer you to someone for that persecution complex! You want people to respect your opinion but you don't want to seem to respect the fact that there are people who's opinions will differ from yours. We are in agreement, neither of us like hog cutting. You seem to have a pretty irate temper yourself as is evidenced by some of your comments. And who is showing family favoritism? There are many in the membership who feel that it is taking place but with someone else's family (other than who you are trying to imply). There is no "Donovan" plan and I resent you saying there is. As for this being a Donovan site, go take a look at Trim and Chassis and ask the people what they think. By the way, I thought you were coming over to my area? Geez, I even made coffee earlier than usual waiting for you! LMAO! Who was wrong there? I feel bad for you. You really got sucked in by Yates' bs and you'll realize it eventually. I think it's a real shame that Brucie's girlfriend has managed to stay on days even when you couldn't. Yes, she's still on days in Paint although granted she had to bust from a TFT to a TPT to do it. Yes, that hog goes SOOOEY!

I believe the lady you are refering to is no longer a Ford employee of any stripe. I am interested though. What family you are talking about? There are very few employees working here that did not get their job through some type of family and freind program. And as far as I am concerned, there is no problem with that. If that type of relationship laterbecomes a hindrance to the membership then that is a seperate issue, but most of our employees are hard working people who made the most of an opportunity.

I believe the lady you are refering to is no longer a Ford employee of any stripe. I am interested though. What family you are talking about? There are very few employees working here that did not get their job through some type of family and freind program. And as far as I am concerned, there is no problem with that. If that type of relationship laterbecomes a hindrance to the membership then that is a seperate issue, but most of our employees are hard working people who made the most of an opportunity.
Ah!This explains why Yates hangs around the I.p. line so much.Glad to see that now the shoe is When I on the other foot,that it is now ok to help one's family.When I first came to OHAP all I heard was

about Donovan and his kids .Not that as you say it matters, but when you check {as I did}out as to who has the most relatives working in the plant ,suprise,suprise Nick has more than twice the number as Donovan.Maybe this is why it is now ok to have family work here.Iwould encourage everyone to do a little checking when you hear things about ANY of the candidates.Just remember we are in an election and we all know that DESPERATE PEOPLE TEND TO SAY DESPERATE THINGS.I will be checking and reporting on anything that I hear.

Here we go again! You put B.S. on the internet and you feel that the membership is so stupid that if you say it, people will fall for it? Again you do not have your facts straight! Bruce's "girlfriend" no longer works at ford. AS far as family favoritism... what do you call it when your daddy appointed you to the ERC rep. position with no seniority or experience! In fact, I was told by many people that you strolled into the office at 10:00 a.m., would sit in the office for only a few hours then you would leave for the day, and you even brought you kids in with you! Good thing international and had you removed! By the way, I was really looking forward to working in your area on interior trim, however, Those jobs were already filled. Unlike you, I will work on any job were they need me! I do not need a hog cut for me.

Jerryssecondletter001.jpg

This is an amazing letter. Let's look at it, shall we. First they attack one of the most important aspects of our quality program. The very program that MAY be responsible for getting us a new product. Error proofing allows us to control the quality leaving our workstations, if the buzzer sounds it means that something has failed in the process. The gun didn't work, the bolt cross threaded, any number of things that we as workers looking to produce a quality product, need to know so that we can fix the problem. If you are looking to pull this system one has to wonder why?? What is so scary about maintaining quality? I just don't get this one, if we improve quality we 1 sell more of the current product,2 have a better shot st future products. This caucus is real big on us having a say in our work, well here it is boys and girls. You now have a tool that let's you know when something is not right, you can either fix it or tell you group leader who will get it fixed. Now you have an opportunity to do something to ensure your future by producing quality products consistently. Also isn't Jerry the electrician assigned to the team installing and maintaining the error proofing torque guns? If it is so bad why is he participating now?

Next consistent application of the contract comes from consistently applying the contract. Not from Jerry or Nick or anyone else. Two of the people that signed this letter are former chairmen and the other two are bargaining people, yet they all believe that their interpreting what is good for us is better than the contract. This is the contract that we all voted on, this is our only voice in our workplace. And by God we want it that way. There is no grievance that doesn't have it's roots in the contract by section and article. The contract is the instrument that protects our seniority, our job bid rights, our transfer rights and our overtime rights. Without this protection the company or the union can assign anyone they want wherever they want without us having any recourse. Yet here are four people running for really important offices telling all of us that they know better than all of us combined and they will be more consistent in their decisions than the contract is. Do you really want to surrender your contractual rights to the whims of these four.

Job postings are the responsibility of the committeeman in the area. Seems simple right? Four of the current committeemen are running with this caucus. So why are two of their bargaining committeemen candidates telling you that they cannot control job bids? Either they still can't do their job after at least 6 years on the job or they are trying to blame someone else for their own failures. There is a third possibility, but I cannot bring myself to believe that Mike and Paul intended to sacrifice themselves, Flash, and Ladikos for the good of the other members of the caucus. Heres one more question regarding the postings. If it is possible to make improvements in the way job postings are handled that is within the contract, why the hell haven't they? Again four of this caucuses members are currently serving as either committeemen or bargaining committeemen, yet none of what they propose is happening today. Seems like it's okay to sacrifice your bid rights today so that you will vote for me tomorrow. Now that is messed up!!

Most of the bullet points are nothing but propaganda. However in those cases where a real change is called for (like those about communicating and the job postings) again what are they waiting for?? This letter basically promises you that Mike and Paul will do better if you give them a second chance and that they need Jerry and Tim to give them the gumption?? Fortitude?? Integrity?? Something to do their own job. A job you've already elected them, to do.

Here we go again! You put B.S. on the internet and you feel that the membership is so stupid that if you say it, people will fall for it? Again you do not have your facts straight! Bruce's "girlfriend" no longer works at ford. AS far as family favoritism... what do you call it when your daddy appointed you to the ERC rep. position with no seniority or experience! In fact, I was told by many people that you strolled into the office at 10:00 a.m., would sit in the office for only a few hours then you would leave for the day, and you even brought you kids in with you! Good thing international and had you removed! By the way, I was really looking forward to working in your area on interior trim, however, Those jobs were already filled. Unlike you, I will work on any job were they need me! I do not need a hog cut for me.

Jennifer, one thing I really admire about you is your consistency! Even when you clearly don't know what you're talking about! You spew misinformation and it's apparent that YOU are the one that thinks the membership won't see the truth! Well, you and lil ole Brucie! I think it's a riot how you talk about things like you were right there and all you're doing is repeating poor political rhetoric. It's old. You need a new schtick. For your information, Bruce's other girlfriend was working as a TFT on days in paint. He tried to cut a deal to get her moved to Trim and busted to TPT to keep her on days and when the company wouldn't go for the deal she hasn't shown up since. Personally, I would have loved to have seen you on interior trim but then again, not my area. Toots, you're going to find out the truth about Yates eventually and from what others are telling me, I won't have been the only one to have told you so. Oh, and please don't under estimate this membership! They aren't going to fall for your idiocy! But then again, you couldn't handle your salaried position so why would anyone expect you to be able to handle your hourly position? Buck up toots, your sugar daddy won't be able to help you for very much longer!

Edited by Spring

Jennifer, one thing I really admire about you is your consistency! Even when you clearly don't know what you're talking about! You spew misinformation and it's apparent that YOU are the one that thinks the membership won't see the truth! Well, you and lil ole Brucie! I think it's a riot how you talk about things like you were right there and all you're doing is repeating poor political rhetoric. It's old. You need a new schtick. For your information, Bruce's other girlfriend was working as a TFT on days in paint. He tried to cut a deal to get her moved to Trim and busted to TPT to keep her on days and when the company wouldn't go for the deal she hasn't shown up since. Personally, I would have loved to have seen you on interior trim but then again, not my area. Toots, you're going to find out the truth about Yates and eventually and from what others are telling me, I won't have been the only one to have told you so. Oh, and please don't under estimate this membership! They aren't going to fall for your idiocy! But then again, you couldn't handle your salaried position so why would anyone expect you to be able to handle your hourly position? Buck up toots, your sugar daddy won't be able to help you for very much longer!

Ouch :slug:

Whats been going on Spring?? I see you guys are knee deep in politics. I hate politics!!

When is the vote??? Good Luck!

This is an amazing letter. Let's look at it, shall we. First they attack one of the most important aspects of our quality program. The very program that MAY be responsible for getting us a new product. Error proofing allows us to control the quality leaving our workstations, if the buzzer sounds it means that something has failed in the process. The gun didn't work, the bolt cross threaded, any number of things that we as workers looking to produce a quality product, need to know so that we can fix the problem. If you are looking to pull this system one has to wonder why?? What is so scary about maintaining quality? I just don't get this one, if we improve quality we 1 sell more of the current product,2 have a better shot st future products. This caucus is real big on us having a say in our work, well here it is boys and girls. You now have a tool that let's you know when something is not right, you can either fix it or tell you group leader who will get it fixed. Now you have an opportunity to do something to ensure your future by producing quality products consistently. Also isn't Jerry the electrician assigned to the team installing and maintaining the error proofing torque guns? If it is so bad why is he participating now?

Next consistent application of the contract comes from consistently applying the contract. Not from Jerry or Nick or anyone else. Two of the people that signed this letter are former chairmen and the other two are bargaining people, yet they all believe that their interpreting what is good for us is better than the contract. This is the contract that we all voted on, this is our only voice in our workplace. And by God we want it that way. There is no grievance that doesn't have it's roots in the contract by section and article. The contract is the instrument that protects our seniority, our job bid rights, our transfer rights and our overtime rights. Without this protection the company or the union can assign anyone they want wherever they want without us having any recourse. Yet here are four people running for really important offices telling all of us that they know better than all of us combined and they will be more consistent in their decisions than the contract is. Do you really want to surrender your contractual rights to the whims of these four.

Job postings are the responsibility of the committeeman in the area. Seems simple right? Four of the current committeemen are running with this caucus. So why are two of their bargaining committeemen candidates telling you that they cannot control job bids? Either they still can't do their job after at least 6 years on the job or they are trying to blame someone else for their own failures. There is a third possibility, but I cannot bring myself to believe that Mike and Paul intended to sacrifice themselves, Flash, and Ladikos for the good of the other members of the caucus. Heres one more question regarding the postings. If it is possible to make improvements in the way job postings are handled that is within the contract, why the hell haven't they? Again four of this caucuses members are currently serving as either committeemen or bargaining committeemen, yet none of what they propose is happening today. Seems like it's okay to sacrifice your bid rights today so that you will vote for me tomorrow. Now that is messed up!!

Most of the bullet points are nothing but propaganda. However in those cases where a real change is called for (like those about communicating and the job postings) again what are they waiting for?? This letter basically promises you that Mike and Paul will do better if you give them a second chance and that they need Jerry and Tim to give them the gumption?? Fortitude?? Integrity?? Something to do their own job. A job you've already elected them, to do.

Irish Dad,I may not be the brightest but I UNDERSTOOD THE LETTER FROM THE SOLIDARITY TEAM.Idon't understand your letter !All I ever see is Nick's name on the job bids.Was it always that way here.He must CONTROL the job bid process.Maybe you need to explain further.The way I read your letter you are in support of discipling people who make honest mistakes.You are not what I would call union minded by what you seem to be saying.

Ouch :slug:

Whats been going on Spring?? I see you guys are knee deep in politics. I hate politics!!

When is the vote??? Good Luck!

Good to see you Cap, I see you guys are still watching. Polotics suck, but you know how it goes LOL!

Now I will be attacked by the other side for voicing my opinion, just watch and see! My priorities are product quality first, labor issue's second! I do agree with making sure the company adheres to the contract and seniority is respected, but in such a way it does not sacrifice our finished product. I'll leave out the derogatory remarks about Jerry though, as I find him to be a man of character.

This is an amazing letter. Let's look at it, shall we. First they attack one of the most important aspects of our quality program. The very program that MAY be responsible for getting us a new product. Error proofing allows us to control the quality leaving our workstations, if the buzzer sounds it means that something has failed in the process. The gun didn't work, the bolt cross threaded, any number of things that we as workers looking to produce a quality product, need to know so that we can fix the problem. If you are looking to pull this system one has to wonder why?? What is so scary about maintaining quality? I just don't get this one, if we improve quality we 1 sell more of the current product,2 have a better shot st future products. This caucus is real big on us having a say in our work, well here it is boys and girls. You now have a tool that let's you know when something is not right, you can either fix it or tell you group leader who will get it fixed.

I have to agree with your summation of the error proofing system. It was a pain at first but it has significantly improved our quality. Although somehow I seriously doubt it is the reason for our product guarantees. I'm sure the system exists in all, or nearly all of the remaining Ford facilities across NA. I don't know if you guys are aware yet but we (Ford) have improved our initial quality (TGW) by 12% over 04' and went from #24 to being dead even with Toyota and Honda.

In case you have not seen it yet Jim Farley (Ex-Scion Chief Marketing Director, turned Ford employee) has rolled out our new marketing campaign capitalizing on this fact. The (Ford, "Drive One") advertising started on 4/8/2008 during American Idol.

I'm sure much of this has to do with our culture change, assemblers quality consciousness, and the error proofing system. This is a quote from one of my posts were I was defending our initial quality improvements against a troll.

From where I sit I have watched Ford implement a system that guarantees proper torque on every single nut and bolt that goes on our vehicles. While in the past they use to utilize torque inspectors to verify proper torque of each fastener twice per shift! This system also insures the parts are installed 100% and meet specs within 5 to 10 NM. (metric measurement for pound ft. of torque) I do however see room for improving our system, and will be sending an E-Mail to our plant manager on a way to improve our process. If he bites and sends the idea up north, you can grit your teeth and pound your fist while we pass the imports significantly!

You can find it at this LINK! post #39

I can see the tensions from both sides, and will once again try to be fair. Most of everything that is being said as of late is for political gain from both sides in one way or another.

I do however agree with Jerry's plan to return audit results within a 2 day period, however that is where he loses me.

The problem is that so many jobs have gone this long without being filled.

If within 2 days the audits were returned and X number of jobs were posted, then within 5 to 15 days from the day the bids came down the company would be contractually obligated to move these operators to their new jobs creating mass churning.

I don't know how many jobs are open plant wide, but there are two in my area of ten. (Group leader, and relief man) the releases to the new jobs must be staggered to ensure we do not allow quality to slip. Our livelihood depends on our ability to turn out a quality product first, and our members rights must be observed in a way that does not jeopardize that period. The biggest challenge I see in doing this is, whether or not we have the manpower on staff to facilitate these moves? If we don't and we force the companies hand, would they load the floor with flowbacks to facilitate these moves then lay off our current low seniority operators as a result? These are troubling times and we have thousands of high seniority ACH brothers/sisters from all over the country looking for placement at a Ford facility, and they don't care if it means displacing our current members to do so!

I don't think the issue is so black and white, and being too aggressive could cost us in one way or another. The problems we are facing in filling vacancies should never have been allowed to get to this point in the first place! Why cant BC's sign off on job bids?

The last time I saw Jerry I meant to discuss this matter with him, but was not afforded the opportunity. My job is so f-cked up it does not allow any time to talk. Hell they would have to pull me off the line to yell at me is I was in trouble, because I hardly have time to listen LOL!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Irish Dad,I may not be the brightest but I UNDERSTOOD THE LETTER FROM THE SOLIDARITY TEAM.Idon't understand your letter !All I ever see is Nick's name on the job bids.Was it always that way here.He must CONTROL the job bid process.Maybe you need to explain further.The way I read your letter you are in support of discipling people who make honest mistakes.You are not what I would call union minded by what you seem to be saying.

First things first. Nick does sign all of the job bids, however it is the area committeemen that identifies the need for a bid and brings that need to the area supervisions and from there to labor relations. After the company agrees the area manager sings the opening notice and it is forwarded to Nick. Nick signs it and it is posted by security. After three days labor closes the books and the list is compiled. Each committeeman is given a copy of the list and they are responsible for ensuring that the company properly solicits the employees in seniority order. The committeeman is then responsible for making sure that the person that successfully bids on a job is moved iojn a timely manner. So in that whole process Nick plays a very small part. This process has been detailed repeatedly at the union meetings, not once has any committeeman ever said that the process was anything other than this. I am sorry that you cannot understand my letter I'll speak more slowly in the future. You may not agree with my position, but I am fairly sure you understood the content.

I almost forgot you second statement regarding disciplining people. WTF???? Where did you get that from my letter?? I may have been worng maybe you really didn't understand my letter.

Edited by Irish_Dad

Good to see you Cap, I see you guys are still watching. Polotics suck, but you know how it goes LOL!

Now I will be attacked by the other side for voicing my opinion, just watch and see! My priorities are product quality first, labor issue's second! I do agree with making sure the company adhere to the contract and seniority is respected, but in such a way it does not sacrifice our finished product. I'll leave out the derogatory remarks about Jerry though, as I find him to be a man of character.

I have to agree with your summation of the error proofing system. It was a pain at first but it has significantly improved our quality. Although somehow I seriously doubt it is the reason for our product guarantees. I'm sure the system exists in all, or nearly all of the remaining Ford facilities across NA. I don't know if you guys are aware yet but we (Ford) have improved our initial quality (TGW) by 12% over 04' and went from #24 to being dead even with Toyota and Honda.

In case you have not seen it yet Jim Farley (Ex-Scion Chief Marketing Director, turned Ford employee) has rolled out our new marketing campaign capitalizing on this fact. The (Ford, "Drive One") advertising started on 4/8/2008 during American Idol.

I'm sure much of this has to do with our culture change, assemblers quality consciousness, and the error proofing system. This is a quote from one of my posts were I was defending our initial quality improvements against a troll.

You can find it at this LINK! post #39

I can see the tensions from both sides, and will once again try to be fair. Most of everything that is being said as of late is for political gain from both sides in one way or another.

I do however agree with Jerry's plan to return audit results within a 2 day period, however that is where he loses me.

The problem is that so many jobs have gone this long without being filled.

If within 2 days the audits were returned and X number of jobs were posted, then within 5 to 15 days from the day the bids came down the company would be contractually obligated to move these operators to their new jobs creating mass churning.

I don't know how many jobs are open plant wide, but there are two in my area of ten. (Group leader, and relief man) the releases to the new jobs must be staggered to ensure we do not allow quality to slip. Our livelihood depends on our ability to turn out a quality product first, and our members rights must be observed in a way that does not jeopardize that period. The biggest challenge I see in doing this is, whether or not we have the manpower on staff to facilitate these moves? If we don't and we force the companies hand, would they load the floor with flowbacks to facilitate these moves then lay off our current low seniority operators as a result? These are troubling times and we have thousands of high seniority ACH brothers/sisters from all over the country looking for placement at a Ford facility, and they don't care if it means displacing our current members to do so!

I don't think the issue is so black and white, and being too aggressive could cost us in one way or another. The problems we are facing in filling vacancies should never have been allowed to get to this point in the first place! Why cant BC's sign off on job bids?

The last time I saw Jerry I meant to discuss this matter with him, but was not afforded the opportunity. My job is so f-cked up it does not allow any time to talk. Hell they would have to pull me off the line to yell at me is I was in trouble, because I hardly have time to listen LOL!

The two day limit is part of the recently ratified local COA. It was put in to prevent the company from holding jobs open and filling them with unclassified people. The other part regarding why BC's don't sign off on bids I can only guess at. But I can see problems when different BC's bid the same job or over bid a classification. This could be a really nasty problem if they start playing politics around the bids, and with all the love in this group of BC's I can see that as a real possibility.

These are troubling times and we have thousands of high seniority ACH brothers/sisters from all over the country looking for placement at a Ford facility, and they don't care if it means displacing our current members to do so!

I know this a thread for your elections, but I did want to comment. Furious, I agree that these are troubling times. The winds of change are blowing. I cannot speak for others but I do care that I might displace someone if I get to transfer, I hope not, I hope there will be a job for all at ford motor company. I hope so but I think maybe not, not with what I've seen of some decisions made high up, and yes if it comes down to it I will transfer knowing someone will be displaced.

Ah!This explains why Yates hangs around the I.p. line so much.Glad to see that now the shoe is When I on the other foot,that it is now ok to help one's family.When I first came to OHAP all I heard was

about Donovan and his kids .Not that as you say it matters, but when you check {as I did}out as to who has the most relatives working in the plant ,suprise,suprise Nick has more than twice the number as Donovan.Maybe this is why it is now ok to have family work here.Iwould encourage everyone to do a little checking when you hear things about ANY of the candidates.Just remember we are in an election and we all know that DESPERATE PEOPLE TEND TO SAY DESPERATE THINGS.I will be checking and reporting on anything that I hear.

I agree!!!!! check the reporting! Talk to people that have been here. Everything I have said is true. Just about everyone that works here anymore is related to someone.... and that is great. However, it is crossing the line when you start doing special favors for them. Like Jerry trying to get Mary a life time position that she had no business what so ever doing. Also cleaning someones attendance record... We all know about this last episode where she had her record cleaned and replaced with FLMA. What about the time before that when her record was cleaned and replaced with all union business and alot of it! That is when you cross the line. What about Mary's husband?????? Still no mention. I can go on about hog cutting for friends. If you want to get a relative or friend a great job. Good for you and them. When you don't follow the contract, that is another story.

I agree!!!!! check the reporting! Talk to people that have been here. Everything I have said is true. Just about everyone that works here anymore is related to someone.... and that is great. However, it is crossing the line when you start doing special favors for them. Like Jerry trying to get Mary a life time position that she had no business what so ever doing. Also cleaning someones attendance record... We all know about this last episode where she had her record cleaned and replaced with FLMA. What about the time before that when her record was cleaned and replaced with all union business and alot of it! That is when you cross the line. What about Mary's husband?????? Still no mention. I can go on about hog cutting for friends. If you want to get a relative or friend a great job. Good for you and them. When you don't follow the contract, that is another story.

:cry: Boo hoo! And others are talking about while hubby's away Jenny will play! :happy feet: :happy feet:

:cry: Boo hoo! And others are talking about while hubby's away Jenny will play! :happy feet: :happy feet:

This is exactly what is wrong with a lot of you stupid shits. She talks about in plant stuff and you can't refute what she says so you go for the cheap shot. This kind of shit convinces everyone of only one thing you and the group you represent will do and say anything to get elected. This bullshit attack and the response that followed it are perfect examples of why the general public distrusts unions so much.. Intimidation of any one that disagrees Too bad you couldn't punch her in the gut while your were at it you chicken shit asshole. I do not even know this lady yet you have given her so much more validity than you or yours will ever have. Good job

I have decided that I'm not going to subject the membership or other readers to any more of the tit for tat that has been going on here nor will I lend any credence to absurd allegations that are being posted on this site. It only clouds the real issues in this election and serves no one. It is getting rather silly. Also, personal attacks have no business in the politics of the plant.

I have decided that I'm not going to subject the membership or other readers to any more of the tit for tat that has been going on here nor will I lend any credence to absurd allegations that are being posted on this site. It only clouds the real issues in this election and serves no one. It is getting rather silly. Also, personal attacks have no business in the politics of the plant.

Young lady that is what some of us call the high road

:hysterical: Why? Please don't tell us that you've run out of ways to manipulate the facts, that'd disappoint us. Please tell us again that Michael didn't have your attendance record cleaned. Please tell us again that folks on interior trim requested "your" presence a couple days ago when Nick and Bruce were there. As for the high road, let's just say that Donovans can't afford the toll. :hysterical:

To this bucktooth person you just convince a lot of us that we need a change. We need something better than this trash. You don't care about the folks on the shop floor. I think some of the others on here must be right. You must have something to lose like a appointed job. Your making my decision who to vote for real easy. Who you are voting for I'm voting against. We don't need your kind in here. Your right there with those guys Irish dad was talking about.

This is exactly what is wrong with a lot of you stupid shits. She talks about in plant stuff and you can't refute what she says so you go for the cheap shot. This kind of shit convinces everyone of only one thing you and the group you represent will do and say anything to get elected. This bullshit attack and the response that followed it are perfect examples of why the general public distrusts unions so much.. Intimidation of any one that disagrees Too bad you couldn't punch her in the gut while your were at it you chicken shit asshole. I do not even know this lady yet you have given her so much more validity than you or yours will ever have. Good job

Now wait a minute Irish Dad, when you and I were debating it was to the point and I called it like I saw it.

The main reason I even dissented over Nick's letter was his assertion that he created work while overall we have lost between 700 to 900 jobs.

I also stated this was not necessarily his fault, but you did not jump to my defense when I was attacked personally! The only statement I really pushed it on was in regards to Fred, but I can't help it if I feel betrayed as a dues paying member. Sh-t like that has a more lasting impression with the public, and even members as to why not to trust unions!

The attacks are coming from both sides and you are right they are childish and accomplish nothing positive.

. It only clouds the real issues in this election and serves no one. It is getting rather silly. Also, personal attacks have no business in the politics of the plant.

Agreed!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Now wait a minute Irish Dad, when you and I were debating it was to the point and I called it like I saw it.

The main reason I even dissented over Nick's letter was his assertion that he created work while overall we have lost between 700 to 900 jobs.

I also stated this was not necessarily his fault, but you did not jump to my defense when I was attacked personally! The only statement I really pushed it on was in regards to Fred, but I can't help it if I feel betrayed as a dues paying member. Sh-t like that has a more lasting impression with the public, and even members as to why not to trust unions!

The attacks are coming from both sides and you are right they are childish and accomplish nothing positive.

Agreed!

This attack was unique in that it attacked the persons family life. All of us get on here and subject ourselves to personal attack, simply by virtue of being here. This person family wellbeing was threatened, and that is were politics ends and bullshit begins. The coward that made the accusation did not identify themselves and made an accusation that by nature cannot be disproved in the arena it was made in. I, and you by virtue of participating in the forum, expect a certain amount of abuse, but no one deserves to have their family's well being threatened simply because they disagree with someone. One of the current Solidarity Team candidates once told me that "Politics is a dirty business". I disagree "Dirty politics is a dirty business" and by participating in them you soil yourselves and the people you propose to represent. This shows that there is no limit to how far some people will go to win these offices.

This attack raise a bunch of questions for me and it should for everyone else. Do we support an agenda that condones this type of behavior? How do you trust any person or caucus that would stoop so low that they would attack a serviceman's wife in this manner while he is overseas? Where is the "bottom" limit on their behavior and are we willing to be dragged down to that pit with them? Everyone knows that people outside our plant read this board. Everyone knows that people outside our company visit this board. What type of image do we portray when we allow this type of behavior to go unanswered? It is a shame that there are those among us so desperate to win power that they would do this. It is a bigger shame that we allow this to happen.

I know I have rambled about this, but you always hear how this candidate and that candidate all have our best interest at heart. Then they do this absolutely unbelievable thing. I know they are snickering about the fuss I'm making, but I don't give a shit anymore. I talked to a couple of the guys currently running for offices before this campaign started and I told them that this race would be a nasty one. That people would be attacking each other in ways that OHAP has not experienced before. I didn't realize that the membership would also be subject to such attacks. If that doesn't give you a clear view of who it is you are supporting nothing will. They will do and say anything to discredit those that oppose them and to get you to vote for them.