OHAP Elections

Spring

This attack was unique in that it attacked the persons family life. All of us get on here and subject ourselves to personal attack, simply by virtue of being here. This person family wellbeing was threatened, and that is were politics ends and bullshit begins. The coward that made the accusation did not identify themselves and made an accusation that by nature cannot be disproved in the arena it was made in. I, and you by virtue of participating in the forum, expect a certain amount of abuse, but no one deserves to have their family's well being threatened simply because they disagree with someone. One of the current Solidarity Team candidates once told me that "Politics is a dirty business". I disagree "Dirty politics is a dirty business" and by participating in them you soil yourselves and the people you propose to represent. This shows that there is no limit to how far some people will go to win these offices.

This attack raise a bunch of questions for me and it should for everyone else. Do we support an agenda that condones this type of behavior? How do you trust any person or caucus that would stoop so low that they would attack a serviceman's wife in this manner while he is overseas? Where is the "bottom" limit on their behavior and are we willing to be dragged down to that pit with them? Everyone knows that people outside our plant read this board. Everyone knows that people outside our company visit this board. What type of image do we portray when we allow this type of behavior to go unanswered? It is a shame that there are those among us so desperate to win power that they would do this. It is a bigger shame that we allow this to happen.

I know I have rambled about this, but you always hear how this candidate and that candidate all have our best interest at heart. Then they do this absolutely unbelievable thing. I know they are snickering about the fuss I'm making, but I don't give a shit anymore. I talked to a couple of the guys currently running for offices before this campaign started and I told them that this race would be a nasty one. That people would be attacking each other in ways that OHAP has not experienced before. I didn't realize that the membership would also be subject to such attacks. If that doesn't give you a clear view of who it is you are supporting nothing will. They will do and say anything to discredit those that oppose them and to get you to vote for them.

We need to keep the personal stuff out of it.

Edited by Virgil

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This attack was unique in that it attacked the persons family life. All of us get on here and subject ourselves to personal attack, simply by virtue of being here. This person family wellbeing was threatened, and that is were politics ends and bullshit begins. The coward that made the accusation did not identify themselves and made an accusation that by nature cannot be disproved in the arena it was made in. I, and you by virtue of participating in the forum, expect a certain amount of abuse, but no one deserves to have their family's well being threatened simply because they disagree with someone. One of the current Solidarity Team candidates once told me that "Politics is a dirty business". I disagree "Dirty politics is a dirty business" and by participating in them you soil yourselves and the people you propose to represent. This shows that there is no limit to how far some people will go to win these offices.

This attack raise a bunch of questions for me and it should for everyone else. Do we support an agenda that condones this type of behavior? How do you trust any person or caucus that would stoop so low that they would attack a serviceman's wife in this manner while he is overseas? Where is the "bottom" limit on their behavior and are we willing to be dragged down to that pit with them? Everyone knows that people outside our plant read this board. Everyone knows that people outside our company visit this board. What type of image do we portray when we allow this type of behavior to go unanswered? It is a shame that there are those among us so desperate to win power that they would do this. It is a bigger shame that we allow this to happen.

I know I have rambled about this, but you always hear how this candidate and that candidate all have our best interest at heart. Then they do this absolutely unbelievable thing. I know they are snickering about the fuss I'm making, but I don't give a shit anymore. I talked to a couple of the guys currently running for offices before this campaign started and I told them that this race would be a nasty one. That people would be attacking each other in ways that OHAP has not experienced before. I didn't realize that the membership would also be subject to such attacks. If that doesn't give you a clear view of who it is you are supporting nothing will. They will do and say anything to discredit those that oppose them and to get you to vote for them.

I agree with much of what you are saying, but I think that you and everyone else at OHAP takes this sight way to seriously.

I get attacked all the time here and have become quit crafty and defending myself. The reason is my heart is pure, and my intentions are good. I will one day run for office, but that will be quite some time after much of the current committee has retired. At least six years or better. I do already know much more than the average lineworker and even a few committeeman in some area's, but I am far from ready to step in to a position like that.

This is the time for me to learn what I do not know, and I cannot do it this year but in the future I will be going to Black Lake to acquire as many certs as I can get.

In the mean time I have been researching the Then-Governor Calvin Coolidge's intervention in the Boston police strike of 1919, this set the stage for the firing of nearly 10,000 Air Traffic controllers in 1981, because Reagan stretched his executive powers and under the same guise was able to justify a mass firing by labeling it an "Illegal Strike". These people were not even looking for wage increases, and I hardly think delaying a vacation is a national emergency. These two individual events set the stage for nearly every privatized Union company to bully locals country wide into accepting No-Strike No-Lockout provisions in their contracts, the funny thing is none of the companies shutting down would create a national emergency or public safety issues.

This also explains why the Teamsters refused to support and condemned the Independent National Truckers strike that took place on 4/1/08. I bet you guys never even heard about it happening. It was only covered by the local news sources in the cities that were affected by it. The national media buried the story, and only CNN mentioned it while discrediting the effort. The Lorain Morning Journal is the only paper around here that I am aware of that even had the balls to report it!

If this seems insignificant to you remember when the imports became a real threat, remember when big vehicle sales began to decline, then remember what you build. Understand the price of fuel is causing our down weeks, then determine whether or not it is feasible to build another Full sized commercial Van at OHAP in the future if the cost of fuel contiues to rise. Remember all future product guarantees given in our new National Agreement are based on making a business case for it.

If you think Ford is going to build a vehicle that the cannot sell just to keep us in a job, think again. At the bottom of every one of my posts are Links to the Senate and House. Send your representatives a nasty E-Mail about the price of fuel, but I would suggest you do not identify yourself as a domestic autoworker or they may get a good laugh. You have two tools one of which you never had before, the power to vote them out of office and the ability to communicate with others over the internet! This is our damn country, and it is up to you to stand up and take it back before they have you unemployed and expect you to pay $10.00 a gallon for gas! If you think I am kidding I am not, there have been posters on this sight suggesting our gas is cheap while in there country they pay $10.00 a gallon. Our economy is failing at $3.00 a gallon, now were would we be at $10.00?

Here is the thread I started on the Truckers Strike before it happened LINK!

Interesting stuff not that I ever want to strike, but it is good to understand how and why we got to the point were labor unions in general have become so weak. I need to spend more time researching right to work laws also, I got wind that they were pushing for similar legislation in Michigan.

I also knew the race would be testy because there were three entire experienced district committee's fighting for the same chairs along with the new blood looking for change.

As far as the snipping in this case the attacker is clearly from OHAP, because I heard this rumor about Jennifer on the floor. Although not all of the attacks here even come from hourly's, OHAP workers, let alone Ford workers. But I'm trying to stay out of the middle of her and Spring's flame war. I personally don't know her and won't pass judgment based on what others tell me. At this point she has not said anything that offended me, but it is clear there is bad blood between the two.

I also will not paint an entire caucus with a broad brush, because of one person that is anonymous making nasty remarks.

There are good and bad members on each ticket. I'm going to piece mill my own version of the best of the best when I vote. I just hope that those who are elected can look past their personal differences and focus on "us" the members. If I don't know a candidate or their work I will not vote for them period, and if I cannot choose ten people that I am confident to be committeemen/women then I will leave some of my card unpunched. I'm not going to guess and give my vote to someone undeserving just to fill the entire card. That is if we get a voting trailer at all, tell me we are not going o toss our ballets in a trash can please?

Edited by Furious1Auto

I wonder what would be customers think when they read this board and see all the negative things that go on and wonder if these things go on as vans are being built. i saw one guys post on pages 15 or 16 where he stated his opinion and got called a moron. i also wonder what the company might try next to get rid of people. as for elections anyone can make good argument but im not taking any chances nick hasnt done anything to put our futures at ohap at risk and im betting the future of the plant on him. nobody can match nick and tim donovans relationship with the company and the international union. im not attacking anyone here just opinion but this shit of posting every little negative thing here makes us look bad. arguing the election and who did what while in office is understandable its politics but nosing in someones personal business is another.

Furious what my Dad is trying to say is the company like to bring up the error proofing logs and the and on stops logs to discipline people instead of using these error proofing logs to find where the problems exist and correct them. The error proofing is a great tool if used to contain quality and correct the problems not contain quality and then blame the opperator for the defect.

There are current error proofing methods in use and there always have been at OHAP. Inspectors, upgraders, and Group leaders all provide error proofing. As we all know the company has used the data from all of these sources to discipline people before. If the rate of discipline has increased since the institution of the electronic devices one has to wonder what the committeemen have done about it. I mean, come on, the ratio of group leaders to workers is higher than it has ever been. If a worker is struggling because of an incoming quality issue, the group leader is there to assist in containing the issue. We have QLS people, the pit team, more resources available to the work group and the committeemen than you can shake a stick at. If the process is flawed there are any number of resources available to fix that. If the worker is not at fault, one of those things is broken and they should be easily contained. If the worker is not doing his job, the company doesn't need the box or any logs to tell them that. The only question remaining is, have there been more unjust disciplinary actions since the electronic error proofing has been implemented? If so then the blame doesn't lie with the error proofing it lies with the committeeman assigned to the area. If the committeemen are allowing the company to use those logs like you said then they quite simply aren't doing their jobs. There are any number of reasons for an error to be recorded, your committeemen should know that, and using that little piece of knowledge should be able to prevent any unjust discipline from occurring. If this is happening I hope you bring up a few cases at the union meeting Sunday.

Edited by Irish_Dad

the media is out to make us look bad and in turn they dont give a shit if they take food off my table or yours as long as they get their story and half the time they twist it and lie so they can make it something the people will be more interested in reading. I dont see them doing this to toyota or honda. i dont come on here to make attacks unless something is just dead wrong like many things on here but i am highly against seeing hondas and toyotas parked up front in close parking spots andy american automaker dont bother me but seeing that garbage there really pisses me off and many others.

the media is out to make us look bad and in turn they dont give a shit if they take food off my table or yours as long as they get their story and half the time they twist it and lie so they can make it something the people will be more interested in reading. I dont see them doing this to toyota or honda. i dont come on here to make attacks unless something is just dead wrong like many things on here but i am highly against seeing hondas and toyotas parked up front in close parking spots andy american automaker dont bother me but seeing that garbage there really pisses me off and many others.

You have to remember who owns the media sources and were they get their funding. They no longer report fairly, they just tell you what they want you to know to manipulate you into doing what they want you to. They tell you what to buy, and they tell you who to vote for amongst other things. While they neglect to cover important things like a National Independent Truckers Strike that happened in several major cities and on major arteries across the U.S. to keep the public from supporting the effort. The price of fuel is affecting us all.

Simply you are not told things that you are not suppose to know. Most of the mid-west doesn't even know it happened, or that it is going to happen again.

I have to agree with you on hating Imports in our lot.

I don't know if you saw it or not. Do you remember the day our strike authority vote passed, and the channel 8 news crew was set up in the old Chevy dealership parking lot on the East side of the plant?

If you saw the footage they played on T.V. it would have made you even angrier. They were saying we were ready and now had the approval to strike. They showed the outside of our plant, then zoomed in on the Toyota emblem of some a-shole Camry parked in our parking lot. I'll bet you they called Toyo and solicited their reps to get payed for airing that juicy shot.

The last part is speculation, but I'd bet $50 they got paid for it. They have Toyo's number, because they now sponsor events on that channel that we use to!

Edited by Furious1Auto

im happy i didnt see that dumbasses toyota in the lot the truckers are getting raped with the fuel prices they never came down since the hurricane they saw people would pay and kept them high and now use every damn excuse they can to raise them. what the hell do we need to do shut america down for a few days

im happy i didnt see that dumbasses toyota in the lot the truckers are getting raped with the fuel prices they never came down since the hurricane they saw people would pay and kept them high and now use every damn excuse they can to raise them. what the hell do we need to do shut america down for a few days

I'm filling cans so the next time they strike I wont have to buy gas for a couple of weeks. I'll keep you guys posted as to when they plan to strike again. There is a web sight dedicated just for this purpose. They said there will be several couple day strikes. I talked to an independent trucker/friend of mine and he said that the last one had some effect. The brokers at the sea ports are beginning to release the fuel sur charges that billing the shippers and withholding from the drivers. It's not much but it's a start. http://www.drivers4drivers.com/

Edited by Furious1Auto

i know what your saying on the media coverage because its something myself and alot of the guys in the plant have been discussing and researching the last few months on a daily basis and sharing the information with one another and trying to make more people aware of this.. some people wont wake up and realize all this is reality and its affecting all of us today and imagine how its gonna be later in life. america really needs to wake up but i dont see that happening. good plan im gonna do the same with the cans and back those guys as much as possible enough is enough.

Edited by FAST54DOHC

i know what your saying on the media coverage because its something myself and alot of the guys in the plant have been discussing and researching the last few months on a daily basis and sharing the information with one another and trying to make more people aware of this.. some people wont wake up and realize all this is reality and its affecting all of us today and imagine how its gonna be later in life. america really needs to wake up but i dont see that happening. good plan im gonna do the same with the cans and back those guys as much as possible enough is enough.

Well if it helps I have been debating it for about a year on various threads where people posted credible Links.

It boils down to this, it is not the supply/price of crude that is driving up the cost of fuel.

It is the supply of refined fuels. The oil refining companies EXXON being the largest have not built a refinery in this country in over 20 years.

Meanwhile the number of cars on the road steadily increased. More vehicles/more demand, same refining capacity/higher prices. What is stopping new refineries from being built beside a heartless attempt by the profiting companies, are these live green Enviro Nazi's like Green Peace filling lawsuits and court injunctions to stop it.

Geez this is pure speculation on my part, but where is Green Peace getting funding to become this political power house lobby? Here is where the speculation comes in, If I were profiting off of the current cost of oil through futures and stock shares and needed a good tax shelter the first organization I would donate to is Green Peace. Is it legal, damn straight it is!

Yeah the heads of the organization are well intention misinformed tree hugging, Al Gore "Man Made Global Warming" hippies, but what about the people funding their organization? All I can say is that no one does something for nothing, and who has the money and the motivation to donate to them?

Also who owns stock in the imports and motorcycle manufacturers that are profiting from our loss due to government policy? Likely these are all the same people, the same ones that own the media pushing you to buy what they profit from. Conspiracy? Damn right! I guess I'm nutz for making the assertion though!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I'm sorry, did crapkiller somehow involve Spring's family and I missed it? If you don't see the difference in the two posts maybe I was wrong. Maybe it is okay to attack the families of those who post here. I would hate to think that it is all right to do that, but I am willing to accept that it is. That would open up Paul Tripplet, Mary Donovan, Ben Davey, Mike Donovan Paul Donovan, Jennifer Bores, Cindy, Casselman, and all of those other who have revealed their identity to unprecedented risk, but I'm okay with that if they are.

Okay... wow. I am ready to reply now. My tears have dried and my feelings have turned to anger. It is 3:00 a.m. and I can't sleep because of this. I was threatend before by the Donovan clan and here we go again. Anyone who knows me (Mary) will tell you that I am very happily married. Look into my past. I have no skeletons. I have never gone out with or "played with" anyone who worked for Ford in Sandusky, Lorain or Ohio Truck! ever. I never even went to breakfast. Ask around. Mary you work in Trim. Everyone knows my "sugar daddy" is Richard Kingsboro. He is my buddy and one of my best of friends. Yet know one has every said anything about us being anything else. Maybe that is because there is no political agenda there for you. Mary, you started the personal attacks with the second girlfriend and sugar daddy stuff.... and you want to be a committee person? Why, so you can represent your followers and step on the rest? If people like you get into union representation then my prediction is we will no longer be a union, but a buddy system. If you want to go to the high road... maybe you should ask Bruce for directions! Your totally lost!

Irish dad... I am not o.k. with the personal attacks. It is a low blow! It really hurt. I am over it now and want to thank you and the others who supported me just then. It did make me feel better. See you all at the union meeting Sunday!

Okay... wow. I am ready to reply now. My tears have dried and my feelings have turned to anger. It is 3:00 a.m. and I can't sleep because of this. I was threatend before by the Donovan clan and here we go again. Anyone who knows me (Mary) will tell you that I am very happily married. Look into my past. I have no skeletons. I have never gone out with or "played with" anyone who worked for Ford in Sandusky, Lorain or Ohio Truck! ever. I never even went to breakfast. Ask around. Mary you work in Trim. Everyone knows my "sugar daddy" is Richard Kingsboro. He is my buddy and one of my best of friends. Yet know one has every said anything about us being anything else. Maybe that is because there is no political agenda there for you. Mary, you started the personal attacks with the second girlfriend and sugar daddy stuff.... and you want to be a committee person? Why, so you can represent your followers and step on the rest? If people like you get into union representation then my prediction is we will no longer be a union, but a buddy system. If you want to go to the high road... maybe you should ask Bruce for directions! Your totally lost!

Irish dad... I am not o.k. with the personal attacks. It is a low blow! It really hurt. I am over it now and want to thank you and the others who supported me just then. It did make me feel better. See you all at the union meeting Sunday!

Jennifer, I told you from the very beginning. Go back and look at the previous posts from then, when Mary was trying to be your pal. You were bitching about getting on days and since you were bitching about something against the curent adminstration--------she was your buddy!!!!!! I told you then she was just using you. She finds those that are complaining and yells with them, trying to turn them to the dark side.

I am sorry that you family was involved, but you need to just ignore it. Don't reveal any more info on this website. She is trying to make you lose sleep and freak out, don't let the bitch win.

Just remember, I tried to tell you about her before and you didn't listen, so listen now and thank me later.

Irish Dad, how come you aint saying nothing about crapkillers post? You were quick enough to jump all over them for the other posts against jboris (sp?) but you don't say nothing about when they attack other folks on here. What gives? I'm just trying to get a feel of where your coming from.

Who asked him to comment on my post? Do I have my own post critics? If you got something to say, say it to me, not your foster Dad.

YOU CAN DISH IT OUT BUT CAN'T TAKE IT. WHO THREATENED YOU? NOBODY. JUST MORE OF YOUR LIES. YOU ATTACK OTHERS BUT CAN'T TAKE IT WHEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU. GO BACK AND READ WHAT YOU WROTE. NOBODY SAID NOTHING WORSE THAN YOU SAID TO THEM.

I've been reading this for a while and just joined today. This is so stupid. Jbores6511 you set yourself up on that one. You attacked someone else on here and didn't like it when they came right back at you. You mentioned Spring's husband and kids. Crapkiller just keeps stirring the pot. Irish Dad has some good posts but then he gets personal if it is pro Donovan. None of this helps our union or the people in it. None of this helps our plant. I hope Spring doesn't answer you because then she is showing the maturity to let this drop and get on with other things. Jbores6511 I read how your husband is gone serving in Iraq or where ever and I feel bad for you and your family but you have to get a grip.

WAAAAAAAH!

post-19875-1208103500_thumb.jpg

April 13, 2008

General Membership Meeting

Southview High School

Meeting called to order. Agenda presented.

Pledge of Allegiance

Prayer

Roll Call of officers – NOT present

David Candelario

Bill Samples

Bill Collins

Linda Kleinhenz

Gerald Pippens – asked to be excused

Reading of minutes of previous meeting – accepted

Financial Report – accepted

Recommendations of the Executive Board to the Membership:

1. To send up to 4 people to the 21st Annual UAW Chaplaincy conference. Passed

2. To send up to 2 people to the 2008 LUPA conference. Passed

3. To donate $300.00 to Our Lady of the Wayside. Passed

4. To donate $300.00 to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Passed

5. To allow absentee voting for the General Election. Jerry Donovan asked Tim Donovan to clarify who is allowed vote absentee. Tim said that the only people who can vote are people who are on official union or company business and they may only vote on the Executive Board candidates. Passed

6. To allow the Recreation Committee up to $300.00 to buy snacks for the Casino trip to New York. Passed

7. Scott Young asked that we be allowed to set up a interplant softball tournament with rosters and shirts. John Stafford would umpire. Tim Donovan said that per our local by-laws that each team would be allowed up to $300.00. Scott is looking into Weiss Field or Oakwood Park. Scott suggested that it be between departments and he feels that it would foster unity. He said they used to do things like this in Lorain. Tim said they were allowed to have up to 15 members per team. Scott was asked if they would have a seniors bracket. Passed.

Actions by the Executive Board needing concurrence from the membership:

1. To allow the Ohio Democratic Party to use our hall on April 9th for volunteer training. Accepted

2. To authorize $300.00 for an annual donation to the March of Dimes. Accepted

3. To authorize retirees Al Bakalitz and Wendell Layned to attend the annual retirees chapter meeting. Accepted

4. To authorize the rental of Southview High School for General Membership meetings March through June. Accepted

5. To authorize a $500.00 donation for Wigs for Kids to add to donations from the Women’s Committee and the Veteran’s Committee. Accepted

Jerry Donovan added a point of information: He said that when former union officials passed away that a plaque was usually put up in the Union Hall. He noticed that there wasn’t one for Jim “Apple” Kelly. He asked if a motion needed to be made for this. Tim said no.

Tim Donovan asked that all candidates and their supporters confine their campaigning to the plant.

President’s Report:

Ford has sold Jaguar and Land Rover to Tata Motors.

He commented on the bonuses that the top 5 executives in the company received totaling over $35 million. He said that was outrageous and that he felt they should re-invest that money instead into the plant and hold off on bonuses until the company had returned to profitability.

The company is going to invest $1 billion in Romania. He said they were going to be going from 3,900 employees to between 7,000-9,000 employees.

Bill Ford hasn’t received a salary since the company hasn’t been profitable. However, the Board of Directors has voted that his salary would be paid retroactively from 2008 once the company became profitable.

Next paid holiday is Memorial Day, May 26th.

Tim has spoken with Sheffield Village Mayor John Hunter about Abbe Road. He mentioned what an inconvenience it has been to our membership. Construction has been sped up and it is hoped that the road will be re-opened by May 17th.

Tim talked about the congestion on I90. He said that people were trying to exit off I90 to Rte 611 and being backed up along the highway. He said he had spoken with Avon Lake mayor Smith about this and they were trying to resolve it.

United Food and Commercial Workers Local 880 has asked us not shop at Marc’s.

The VEBA fund was instituted on April 18, 2006. To date there is over $25 million in the fund. Tim said it seemed to be working.

Tim reminded candidates that nominations could begin being sent in as of midnight tonight. He said that if a nomination was mailed in, it must be certified.

The Recreation Committee will be sponsoring a Casino trip on April 22nd.

May 19th has been tentatively identified as a down week. He reminded members to be timely in submitting their unemployment so that they would not be denied.

Our strike fund stands at $871,551,127.00.

Tim Youngless and Tim Donovan will be attending a conference on Health Care for Ohioans. He asked members to sign petitions if they had not done so already.

On May 9th there will be another petition “Healthy Families for Ohio”. This would allow people up to 7 days of paid sick time for workers in Ohio. This would benefit us by giving us 2 extra days.

The Women’s Committee will be having a Mother’s Day Extravaganza with a Tupperware and Bingo Party on May10th. Admission is $5.00.

Bill DeMarcchi has recently suffered a stroke and had three brain surgeries. There will be a benefit dinner for him. Please see Tim Donovan for tickets and more information.

Chairman’s Report:

Our order bank stands at 16,588

We are scheduled for 8 hours until September 22nd.

The weeks of July 7th and July 14th are scheduled as down weeks.

As Tim had mentioned, May 19th is scheduled as a down week. We are not the only plant to have downtime. Chicago, Wayne, Dearborn and others are also experiencing down time.

We have 11 members exercising their R.T.B.U. rights back from Sandusky.

People returning to Walton Hills should be released around the second or third week of May.

There are 28 jobs posted due to retirements/buyouts.

AVI has been contracted to be our new food service provider.

May 1st we will have 23 more people leaving due to retirements/buyouts. We have 115 left on the list. 84 production and 31 trades.

We have 7 electricians transferring in, 8 millwrights, 3 pipefitters and 1 powerhouse employee. Nick has questions on the powerhouse person as we currently have 3 members in GEN from the powerhouse.

There are new jobs being brought into the plant. The front corner modular line for the rotors will add 18 new jobs including a relief man and group leader. The construction for this is hoped to be done during the down time. Job 1 will be August 10th. The satellite radio install will add 2 new jobs per shift. The roof lights will add 2 new jobs per shift and should be in August 4th. The looms will add 18 new jobs per shift in November. We should feel very lucky since we have people transferring in instead of transferring out. This has been due to the efforts of the people. We have made the Wet on Wet process the best in the system and have set an industry benchmark.

Jerry Donovan asked if the new jobs would be at the preferred rate or new rate. Nick said that he was hoping to bring it in at the new rate. He said that since we had didn’t have the work before that it could be considered non-traditional work and we could bring it in at the lower rate. Jerry Donovan said that the company was willing to give back a lot of the work it had taken away with the lower rate. Jerry specified jobs such as the cushion jobs, etc. Nick said he was hoping to be able to hire the TFTs in at the lower rate.

No other reports

Motion to adjourn.

**Please note: These are not the official notes of the union meeting. These are only the personal notes of the author. These notes are in no way authorized, recognized or sanctioned by the Union, Ford Motor Company or any of their agents.

Respectfully submitted by Mary Springowski

Edited by Spring

I've been reading this for a while and just joined today. This is so stupid. Jbores6511 you set yourself up on that one. You attacked someone else on here and didn't like it when they came right back at you. You mentioned Spring's husband and kids. Crapkiller just keeps stirring the pot. Irish Dad has some good posts but then he gets personal if it is pro Donovan. None of this helps our union or the people in it. None of this helps our plant. I hope Spring doesn't answer you because then she is showing the maturity to let this drop and get on with other things. Jbores6511 I read how your husband is gone serving in Iraq or where ever and I feel bad for you and your family but you have to get a grip.

I don't think that anyone has ever doubted that I am not a fan of Jerry's politics. I have never attacked anyone on this or any other board in the manner that jbores was attacked. I will take exception to a post promoting the Solidarityy team or any other if I believe it is based on bullshit. If you want a true picture of who is going dirty first go back and read some of the post from the solidarity side of the house. Just those regarding Jbores are a truly enlightening experience and if you will note I did not respond until the post threatened her family life. The post you point to referred to Springs performance in the plant and her husbands job. But those facts do not support what you want to believe, so lets just change them. Good name change though. Your old one was getting a little transparent

April 13, 2008

General Membership Meeting

Southview High School

Meeting called to order. Agenda presented.

Pledge of Allegiance

Prayer

Roll Call of officers – NOT present

David Candelario

Bill Samples

Bill Collins

Linda Kleinhenz

Gerald Pippens – asked to be excused

Reading of minutes of previous meeting – accepted

Financial Report – accepted

Recommendations of the Executive Board to the Membership:

1. To send up to 4 people to the 21st Annual UAW Chaplaincy conference. Passed

2. To send up to 2 people to the 2008 LUPA conference. Passed

3. To donate $300.00 to Our Lady of the Wayside. Passed

4. To donate $300.00 to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Passed

5. To allow absentee voting for the General Election. Jerry Donovan asked Tim Donovan to clarify who is allowed vote absentee. Tim said that the only people who can vote are people who are on official union or company business and they may only vote on the Executive Board candidates. Passed

6. To allow the Recreation Committee up to $300.00 to buy snacks for the Casino trip to New York. Passed

7. Scott Young asked that we be allowed to set up a interplant softball tournament with rosters and shirts. John Stafford would umpire. Tim Donovan said that per our local by-laws that each team would be allowed up to $300.00. Scott is looking into Weiss Field or Oakwood Park. Scott suggested that it be between departments and he feels that it would foster unity. He said they used to do things like this in Lorain. Tim said they were allowed to have up to 15 members per team. Scott was asked if they would have a seniors bracket. Passed.

Actions by the Executive Board needing concurrence from the membership:

1. To allow the Ohio Democratic Party to use our hall on April 9th for volunteer training. Accepted

2. To authorize $300.00 for an annual donation to the March of Dimes. Accepted

3. To authorize retirees Al Bakalitz and Wendell Layned to attend the annual retirees chapter meeting. Accepted

4. To authorize the rental of Southview High School for General Membership meetings March through June. Accepted

5. To authorize a $500.00 donation for Wigs for Kids to add to donations from the Women’s Committee and the Veteran’s Committee. Accepted

Jerry Donovan added a point of information: He said that when former union officials passed away that a plaque was usually put up in the Union Hall. He noticed that there wasn’t one for Jim “Apple” Kelly. He asked if a motion needed to be made for this. Tim said no.

Tim Donovan asked that all candidates and their supporters confine their campaigning to the plant.

President’s Report:

Ford has sold Jaguar and Land Rover to Tata Motors.

He commented on the bonuses that the top 5 executives in the company received totaling over $35 million. He said that was outrageous and that he felt they should re-invest that money instead into the plant and hold off on bonuses until the company had returned to profitability.

The company is going to invest $1 billion in Romania. He said they were going to be going from 3,900 employees to between 7,000-9,000 employees.

Bill Ford hasn’t received a salary since the company hasn’t been profitable. However, the Board of Directors has voted that his salary would be paid retroactively from 2008 once the company became profitable.

Next paid holiday is Memorial Day, May 26th.

Tim has spoken with Sheffield Village Mayor John Hunter about Abbe Road. He mentioned what an inconvenience it has been to our membership. Construction has been sped up and it is hoped that the road will be re-opened by May 17th.

Tim talked about the congestion on I90. He said that people were trying to exit off I90 to Rte 611 and being backed up along the highway. He said he had spoken with Avon Lake mayor Smith about this and they were trying to resolve it.

United Food and Commercial Workers Local 880 has asked us not shop at Marc’s.

The VEBA fund was instituted on April 18, 2006. To date there is over $25 million in the fund. Tim said it seemed to be working.

Tim reminded candidates that nominations could begin being sent in as of midnight tonight. He said that if a nomination was mailed in, it must be certified.

The Recreation Committee will be sponsoring a Casino trip on April 22nd.

May 19th has been tentatively identified as a down week. He reminded members to be timely in submitting their unemployment so that they would not be denied.

Our strike fund stands at $871,551,127.00.

Tim Youngless and Tim Donovan will be attending a conference on Health Care for Ohioans. He asked members to sign petitions if they had not done so already.

On May 9th there will be another petition “Healthy Families for Ohio”. This would allow people up to 7 days of paid sick time for workers in Ohio. This would benefit us by giving us 2 extra days.

The Women’s Committee will be having a Mother’s Day Extravaganza with a Tupperware and Bingo Party on May10th. Admission is $5.00.

Bill DeMarcchi has recently suffered a stroke and had three brain surgeries. There will be a benefit dinner for him. Please see Tim Donovan for tickets and more information.

Chairman’s Report:

Our order bank stands at 16,588

We are scheduled for 8 hours until September 22nd.

The weeks of July 7th and July 14th are scheduled as down weeks.

As Tim had mentioned, May 19th is scheduled as a down week. We are not the only plant to have downtime. Chicago, Wayne, Dearborn and others are also experiencing down time.

We have 11 members exercising their R.T.B.U. rights back from Sandusky.

People returning to Walton Hills should be released around the second or third week of May.

There are 28 jobs posted due to retirements/buyouts.

AVI has been contracted to be our new food service provider.

May 1st we will have 23 more people leaving due to retirements/buyouts. We have 115 left on the list. 84 production and 31 trades.

We have 7 electricians transferring in, 8 millwrights, 3 pipefitters and 1 powerhouse employee. Nick has questions on the powerhouse person as we currently have 3 members in GEN from the powerhouse.

There are new jobs being brought into the plant. The front corner modular line for the rotors will add 18 new jobs including a relief man and group leader. The construction for this is hoped to be done during the down time. Job 1 will be August 10th. The satellite radio install will add 2 new jobs per shift. The roof lights will add 2 new jobs per shift and should be in August 4th. The looms will add 18 new jobs per shift in November. We should feel very lucky since we have people transferring in instead of transferring out. This has been due to the efforts of the people. We have made the Wet on Wet process the best in the system and have set an industry benchmark.

Jerry Donovan asked if the new jobs would be at the preferred rate or new rate. Nick said that he was hoping to bring it in at the new rate. He said that since we had didn’t have the work before that it could be considered non-traditional work and we could bring it in at the lower rate. Jerry Donovan said that the company was willing to give back a lot of the work it had taken away with the lower rate. Jerry specified jobs such as the cushion jobs, etc. Nick said he was hoping to be able to hire the TFTs in at the lower rate.

No other reports

Motion to adjourn.

**Please note: These are not the official notes of the union meeting. These are only the personal notes of the author. These notes are in no way authorized, recognized or sanctioned by the Union, Ford Motor Company or any of their agents.

Respectfully submitted by Mary Springowski

It is amazing what a good job Nick is doing. Not one complaint from the floor despite all the complaining you hear on this board. If things were really as bad as everyone here claims you would think that someone would have had something to say at the meeting. Hell even Jerry showed up today and he had very little to say. Unless those that are complaining here and in the plant aren't really interested in solving problems. Maybe they are only interested in creating problem in plant to try to make Nick look bad. Thats would be really low wouldn't it? Or better yet, they have the opportunity to fix a problem, but they would rather let the membership suffer, so that they might get an extra vote rather than address the problem at the proper format. Kinda makes you feel warm all over.

It is amazing what a good job Nick is doing. Not one complaint from the floor despite all the complaining you hear on this board. If things were really as bad as everyone here claims you would think that someone would have had something to say at the meeting. Hell even Jerry showed up today and he had very little to say. Unless those that are complaining here and in the plant aren't really interested in solving problems. Maybe they are only interested in creating problem in plant to try to make Nick look bad. Thats would be really low wouldn't it? Or better yet, they have the opportunity to fix a problem, but they would rather let the membership suffer, so that they might get an extra vote rather than address the problem at the proper format. Kinda makes you feel warm all over.

Would it make a diference if we did? He's gonna start posting jobs now? 3 weeks before a election? You think were so stupid were gonna forget all the stuff thats happened all along? Nothing is gonna get done until the new guys are in. Looks like your getting scared of whats happening.

Would it make a diference if we did? He's gonna start posting jobs now? 3 weeks before a election? You think were so stupid were gonna forget all the stuff thats happened all along? Nothing is gonna get done until the new guys are in. Looks like your getting scared of whats happening.
Yeah,when you hear the same problems month in month out people tend to give up.We know we can fix our problems come election time.Did you drop the UNSIGNED letter yet, that you all were putting to-gether.We heard about it on the floor.Maybe that's why Nick hasn't been on the floor.He's too busy putting to-gether UNSIGNED letters.I heard that it was to be put out this past weekend.