Would any of you all ever consider a Fusion wagon?

joihan777

funny true story. eating at a fast food joint tonight en route home from a long trip. family pulls up in a freestyle. 2 parents and FOUR, count em four kids.

yup, some folks are using that third seat! looks like the wagon was perfect for them!

this citroen c5 wagon is darned hot

http://www.km77.com/00/citroen/c5/g02.asp

Edited by regfootball

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have bought a fusion wagon. That is if I could get a 5 speed manual with the 4cyl with a real sport package. I couldn't even buy a focus wagon with what I wanted when I was ready. So I got a 2007 ZX5. Come 2 to 3 years when my 2000 ZX3 is ready to be replaced it will only be a wagon or hatch. A 1.6VCT focus wagon would be best but I'm guessing the C-Max will be the slot filler. Too bad because Koni now offers the complete adjustable coil overs for the wagon. I really wish I could have bought a focus wagon.

DRyanC

The Escape and Edge are much better alternatives to a wagonized sedan.

If by "much better" you mean "more expensive, heavier, and with a higher drag coefficient for the same usuable interior space."

Seriously, a Fusion-size wagon is my ideal car. We currently have a Focus sedan (great cheap daily driver) and a Subaru Impreza wagon (gas mileage is less great, but good for sticking the dog in back and driving in inclement weather). In about 5 years we'll probably have a kid or two, and something larger will become necessary. Given the current options, I'd be looking at a Subaru Outback...and that's basically it for the segment. I guess there's VW and Audi, but those are too expensive and I don't want to troubleshoot electronics every weekend.

I much prefer the driving dynamics of a wagon to a small SUV, and crossovers are just unnecessarily heavy cars, with the obvious effect on fuel economy.

If the Mazda 6 wagon came back, it would be on the short list as well.

If we hit 3 kids, I'll just bite the bullet and buy a minivan. If they still exist.

Edited by nardvark