2009 F-150

pburchett

Atleast the Platinum grill is the only Navigator bling edition. The brake lights look like garbage (which seems to be the way Ford is going) and the center stack looks awful. You'd think ford would have learned from the last Explorer redesign. This truck may be largely new, but it looks like the old one with a new, bolder, ugly, front clip.

Atleast the Platinum grill is the only Navigator bling edition. The brake lights look like garbage (which seems to be the way Ford is going) and the center stack looks awful. You'd think ford would have learned from the last Explorer redesign. This truck may be largely new, but it looks like the old one with a new, bolder, ugly, front clip.

I like it. If you noticed on the last interior pictures (w/ the TV) that model had a nav system, it appears that models w/ nav systems will get controls similar to Flex, which cleans up the center stack. I'm not sure about the taillights yet either. I think the Ford logo on the tailgate looks goofy sticking out several inches on the tailgate, but it does house the reverse camera.

Since this thread has focused (no pun intended), on the rear end I'll offer up my criticism of it here..

Taillights look like inverted Focus lights, yuck, can't believe they inserted chrome in them after all the complaints about the Fusion taillights, and that tailgate, what were they thinking? What is with that hideous ridge? And the giant raised emblem looks ridiculous.

Ford's designers are so out of touch, what is wrong with them anyway? No matter how good a product is, if it makes people vomit upon sight, it's not gonna do well, Ford needs home-runs right now to get back in shape, not duds..

The Navi grill that looks like a mouth full of braces, the overwhelming number of controls on the center stack looks like your in a 747, and the lip on the tail gate? Kind of a let down when comparing the body to the Super Duty! Its all just my opinion, and since you all were able to express yours, I wanted to too.

Now for whats under the hood...

I like it. If you noticed on the last interior pictures (w/ the TV) that model had a nav system, it appears that models w/ nav systems will get controls similar to Flex, which cleans up the center stack. I'm not sure about the taillights yet either. I think the Ford logo on the tailgate looks goofy sticking out several inches on the tailgate, but it does house the reverse camera.

I will admit you that some people love chrome. Here in New-Brunswick, when a dealer is stuck with a truck they can't sell, they put chrome door handle and mirror cover and they sell it in 1 week minimum.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, you guys really hate the truck eh?

I like it, personally I think the FX4 looks the best. I'm not too wild on the chrome grille, but the black 3-bar one looks pretty sweet to me. Another thing I don't care for is the wheel selection, they're too bland. But everything else about the truck looks great, the interior looks fantastic, the center stack looks good with the layout from the Escape and the new Focus. Ford hasalot of smart equipment in those truck and I think they're going to sell well. Much like the new Super Dutys, it will just have to grow on you.

I will admit you that some people love chrome. Here in New-Brunswick, when a dealer is stuck with a truck they can't sell, they put chrome door handle and mirror cover and they sell it in 1 week minimum.

I see a lot of F-150s like that near me as well.

Wow, you guys really hate the truck eh?

I like it, personally I think the FX4 looks the best. I'm not too wild on the chrome grille, but the black 3-bar one looks pretty sweet to me. Another thing I don't care for is the wheel selection, they're too bland. But everything else about the truck looks great, the interior looks fantastic, the center stack looks good with the layout from the Escape and the new Focus. Ford hasalot of smart equipment in those truck and I think they're going to sell well. Much like the new Super Dutys, it will just have to grow on you.

I like it a lot, and for those of you that have read above, I've changed my mind about the taillights after seeing more pictures, I think they look fine.

You all are commenting on the large amounts of chrome on the Platinum ediditon (or maybe your mean other versions), but there really isn't too much chrome on the truck....the grille and tailgate are some sort of satin aluminum finish (I believe), the chrome I see is the wheels, lower door trim, taillights, and headlights. Other than that theres not much else chrome.