Edge to be Sold in Brazil

FordBuyer

The Fusion is a great hit here in Brazil. It sold more than Ford thought it would. I see a lot of them in the streets everyday. Last year 11384 Fusions were sold in Brazil. The VW Jetta costs almost the same and sold 5008 units.

The Edge would be a success too if it costs less than R$100K, but it certainly will cost more than R$150K, I woul dare to say it will reach 200K or close to that, that's too much money. The Fusion costs more than R$80K, but it comes from Mexico so it doesn't pay any import tax.

Just as an example, we have the Murano here, it costs R$220K, I saw only one in the streets.

Edited by [Wolverine]

Most probably, but the lower end are not very "low end" if you ask me. They stopped making the SE model 'cause nobody wanted them, unless they bring it back for export.

I though they were still making that, but just added a Limited model.

So now it's just SEL and Limited? Are you sure?

According to Ford's website, they are still making the SE model:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/

From what I've read, as happens with the Fusion, only the top model Edge will be available in Brazil, have yet to confirm which one will be, the SEL or the Limited.

Interesting....I don't know the Brazilian market very well, but I'd think the SEL model would have the best chance of having the highest sales possible (as opposed to Limited, because of price, of course).

Edited by rmc523

I though they were still making that, but just added a Limited model.

So now it's just SEL and Limited? Are you sure?

According to Ford's website, they are still making the SE model:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/

Funny, I guess we are making the SE for export because you can't get it in Canada anymore. If you go on the Ford.ca site, you will see that we only have the SEL and Limited. Last year the SE models were staying on the lots but they couldn't get enough SEL's.

Funny, I guess we are making the SE for export because you can't get it in Canada anymore. If you go on the Ford.ca site, you will see that we only have the SEL and Limited. Last year the SE models were staying on the lots but they couldn't get enough SEL's.

To my knowledge, they still offer the SE model in the US. That was a problem when the Edge launched: people were going for higher end versions rather than lower end versions. I believe production has been adjusted accordingly now.