Tire Pressure Sensor Reset Tool

sullivanbob2000

I just purchased a 2008 F150 4x4. It states in the literature that it should come with a tire pressure monitoring system. A system reset tool should be included with the truck literature. It was not and the factory window sticker does not list a Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

Can someone provide me with more info on this ? Does the truck have this system ? Do I need the key fob sized reset tool ?

The owners manual states after tire rotations , the system has to be reset with this tool. I cannot get further info from the Ford dealer staff.

I just purchased a 2008 F150 4x4. It states in the literature that it should come with a tire pressure monitoring system. A system reset tool should be included with the truck literature. It was not and the factory window sticker does not list a Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

Can someone provide me with more info on this ? Does the truck have this system ? Do I need the key fob sized reset tool ?

The owners manual states after tire rotations , the system has to be reset with this tool. I cannot get further info from the Ford dealer staff.

YES, your truck has the government mandated pressure monitoring. You don't absolutely HAVE to reset the sensors each time you rotate. It just won't necessarily tell you exactly which tire is low. IF you rotated the tires and the tire that is on the left front is low, it might say the right rear, etc. resetting will get them back in the proper location to the location stored in memory. Dealerships have the tool.

As far as the tool goes you will only need the tool if you have over 8500 gvw. This because you will have different tire pressures front and rear. When you rotate your tires and reset your pressures you have to reset the sensors as they are in a new location. Vehicles with lower gvw ratings have same tire prwessures front and rear hence no resett tool required.