Being temp. for a year is wrong

NGPepster

:hysterical: it is a bad deal compared to a ford contract...... :finger: its not a ford contract!! Walmart needs greeters, so when your work gets sourced to either an off shore company or gaurdian glass or maybe even nashville if their agreement passes!! You are a good follower!!!

now drink up!! :beerchug: 197_Jonestown.jpg

We'll see. Matter of fact, maybe you may have something there. If this contract gets voted in, Wal-mart would be a more secure job with more guarantees than we will have. It certainly couldn't get much worse. Appreciate your support Captain. You might want to save that koolaid recipe because the assembly plants aren't far behind us.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, what happens if NGP and TGP vote it down? Will the plants really close or will they stay open long enough to process new-hires for Zeledyne?

What happens to the UAW employees who end up on the street? Do they end up on some preferential hiring list, for an extended period of time?

If so, that may be desirable. Ford will be trimming their roles of seniority employees over the next 3-4 years, and I think that Ford products are going to make a solid comeback. Ford will need new people someday. It's not much to hang your hat on, but it may be for the best to sit on the sidelines for awhile.

Good Luck!

HDM

:hysterical: It will stay open long enough for the work to be sourced someplace else and no you won't be processing any new hires for zeledyne. This guy will walk away from the table and your work will be sourced someplace else.

Ford employees who hit the streets will have 2 job offers and they will be looking for work just like you will.

Are you fricken serious.....will you be put on a list :hysterical: I guarantee you, no Temp will be on any preferencial hiring list from a plant that closes...especially one that votes down an agreement.

:hysterical: it is a bad deal compared to a ford contract...... :finger: its not a ford contract!! Walmart needs greeters, so when your work gets sourced to either an off shore company or gaurdian glass or maybe even nashville if their agreement passes!! You are a good follower!!!

now drink up!! :beerchug: 197_Jonestown.jpg

I don't quite find where you think I'm saying this is a ford contract or that I'm comparing it to a ford contract. But I am comparing the piece of crap they gave us to a contract and it is coming up short any way you look at it.

:hysterical: It will stay open long enough for the work to be sourced someplace else and no you won't be processing any new hires for zeledyne. This guy will walk away from the table and your work will be sourced someplace else.

Ford employees who hit the streets will have 2 job offers and they will be looking for work just like you will.

Are you fricken serious.....will you be put on a list :hysterical: I guarantee you, no Temp will be on any preferencial hiring list from a plant that closes...especially one that votes down an agreement.

I am a Ford employee. This guys investors already have walked away....except for Ford. If he was really wanting to be in the glass business, you think he would be a little more aggressive on trying to work with our representatives to get a contract and not just give us one offer and then be gone.

I guess you are saying we can't trust our International Union and we can't trust what Chuck Browning says. He told us he is here representing Bob King and so I guess we should take what we are told with a grain of salt. He is the one who told the temps that they will be on a list.

If we can't trust them, who can we trust? Robert Price? :hysterical::hysterical::finger:

I guess you are saying we can't trust our International Union and we can't trust what Chuck Browning says. He told us he is here representing Bob King and so I guess we should take what we are told with a grain of salt. He is the one who told the temps that they will be on a list.

If we can't trust them, who can we trust? Robert Price? :hysterical::hysterical::finger:

What part of...if you vote down a contract you will not be on any fkin list dumbass don't you get?? I didn't say anything about boy Chuck...I said you are nuts if you think you will vote down a contract and be on some list!! Sit and wait for that! Tell me how that works out for you!!

What part of...if you vote down a contract you will not be on any fkin list dumbass don't you get?? I didn't say anything about boy Chuck...I said you are nuts if you think you will vote down a contract and be on some list!! Sit and wait for that! Tell me how that works out for you!!

I'm far from a dumbass. If we vote down the contract and the plant does eventually close, we have every opportunity that everyone else in the Ford system has. It has no bearing on whether the contract is ratified or not. And Chuck Browning is the one who is telling everyone on the ACH Titanic what scenarios will apply to them based on whether or not the contract is ratified. So if I am quoting a liar, then it is Chuck, so you are referring to him.

If Robert Price is so willing to just walk away, we would rather him do it now than a year down the road when we would no longer have flowback options. Surely he's thicker skinned than that. If we vote in this contract, there is no guarantee the plant will stay open either. Better now than later when we no longer have options.

I'm far from a dumbass. If we vote down the contract and the plant does eventually close, we have every opportunity that everyone else in the Ford system has. It has no bearing on whether the contract is ratified or not. And Chuck Browning is the one who is telling everyone on the ACH Titanic what scenarios will apply to them based on whether or not the contract is ratified. So if I am quoting a liar, then it is Chuck, so you are referring to him.

If Robert Price is so willing to just walk away, we would rather him do it now than a year down the road when we would no longer have flowback options. Surely he's thicker skinned than that. If we vote in this contract, there is no guarantee the plant will stay open either. Better now than later when we no longer have options.

Right on brother....All he can do is call people names (Capt.)

You may not be a dumbA**, but I question your Intelligence. Consider your own statements............"Do not accept this contract", that Bob King, Chuck Browning and the International team has negociated for and presented to the locals in good faith. I am sure they would not have presented this if they thought this was a "piece of shit " contract.

This is also the same group that brought us the 2005 deal that opened up our contract. Your NGP and Tulsa leadership both said said "they have lied to us on this agreement".

A year ago when the packages were first rolled out, this same team said "This will be your last chance, there will be no more incentive money to retire, it is now or never"

They also advised Skilled trades to sign up for transfer, even though there were no openings in Fords system...."Sign up, But you will not be transfered" Within months, we had a 1/2 dozen electricians transfered. And the list goes on and on............

"If we can't trust them, who can we trust" ???????????? You had better make the decisions that are best for you, 'cause nobody can take care of your business better than you.

They are making decission that are best for the UAW membership as a whole. We are just a "EXPENDABLE".

Yes, you will be put on a list. I was put on that list in 1980. 8 years later they called.

If you've never been on an extended lay off from Ford, and don't have a lot of money in the bank, Get ready for a brand new experence.

Good Luck, you go'na need it!

Edited by readytogo

You obviously do not Ford very well.....if price decides to shut it down, Ford will keep it running. That is what they do with all their suppliers that can't make it!!

Hey dumb ass....what about the ones that can not leave? :finger:

Damn...there I go again back to name calling!! :banghead:

Hey I've learned about your vocab.LOL. Why couldnt they leave ? perhps taking care of an elderly parent ? But I dont see anyone passing on their 2nd offer and having all income and bennies cease. Smart Face !

Hey I've learned about your vocab.LOL. Why couldnt they leave ? perhps taking care of an elderly parent ? But I dont see anyone passing on their 2nd offer and having all income and bennies cease. Smart Face !

I would not want to put my house on the marklet now. The employees do not have any where close to move to. Should all these employees just file bankruptcy now to start the process, so that when a second offer comes up, they will already be ready. Are you prepared right now to move 1000 miles from where you may have lived your entire life, and be ready to do this in 60 days?

I would not want to put my house on the marklet now. The employees do not have any where close to move to. Should all these employees just file bankruptcy now to start the process, so that when a second offer comes up, they will already be ready. Are you prepared right now to move 1000 miles from where you may have lived your entire life, and be ready to do this in 60 days?

If you want a job thats exactly what you have to do.

I moved from Michigan to Atlanta with 3 days notice 740 miles.Called me on Friday to report on Monday for orientation.I found out March 21st 07 to be at Denver HVC March 26th 1400 miles.

They pay you alot of money to relocate and keep your job.

They also pay alot of money for you to stay where your at and find a new job.The choice is yours.

Well put Hendew! Rent a small place that will allow you to pay for your home and sell the toys you've accumulated to do so. My family won't move with me right away but instead living in our home that we have. My wife will have to quit her job that she loves so she can stay in college and graduate in the field she is advancing in. Thats adult life......no one to hold your hand anymore but having many with these same issues makes it easier to deal with I think.......don't get me wrong.......it still sucks but if your the "bread winner", do you have a choice?

What were you told when they hired you? And, what part of the word "temp" don't you understand? I'm not trying to be a smart@ss but what are you looking for? Tell me what you think you should get after being a temp for a year. I assume you are talking about insurance, pay raises and vacation, right? Please explain.

before i went to ford i worked at two other uaw shops.i worked as a union sheet metal worker,and also in the glass,molders potters,plastics and allied workers union(gmp).i never worked in a shop that temps were allowed at all under any circumstances,until ford that is. doing what they do with the temps is wrong plain and simple. people take the temp job hoping to get their foot in the door. after a year,well its obvious the position they fill isnt temporary,by any reasonable definition.letting go of the 90 day rule was a tragedy for these guys,who are hoping to get full time work.yes we were sold out on this one.no i wasnt hired as a temp.

before i went to ford i worked at two other uaw shops.i worked as a union sheet metal worker,and also in the glass,molders potters,plastics and allied workers union(gmp).i never worked in a shop that temps were allowed at all under any circumstances,until ford that is. doing what they do with the temps is wrong plain and simple. people take the temp job hoping to get their foot in the door. after a year,well its obvious the position they fill isnt temporary,by any reasonable definition.letting go of the 90 day rule was a tragedy for these guys,who are hoping to get full time work.yes we were sold out on this one.no i wasnt hired as a temp.

At Michigan Truck and Wayne Assembly, management told the temps right from the beginning that they were temps and had no chance to get to full time. It was the Union that started making promises especially when Michigan Truck and Darrell Nolen wanted to get the COA voted in. Hundreds of them were brought in for orientation at the Union Hall and were told "you get to vote on weather you get to keep you jobs, so step this way and vote YES".And that is how Darrell Nolen ended up at International and our Plant Manager got a huge bonus. End of Story!

At Michigan Truck and Wayne Assembly, management told the temps right from the beginning that they were temps and had no chance to get to full time. It was the Union that started making promises especially when Michigan Truck and Darrell Nolen wanted to get the COA voted in. Hundreds of them were brought in for orientation at the Union Hall and were told "you get to vote on weather you get to keep you jobs, so step this way and vote YES".And that is how Darrell Nolen ended up at International and our Plant Manager got a huge bonus. End of Story!

LOL....Darrell got to the International because he is a leader. The UAW will be much better with him at a higher position, Not because he got some COA passed. Everyone had to do COA's :finger: and if you think any Ford plant managers got a raise you are chrome-acorn-nuts.jpg