Ford says more F150 news coming

ray101988

I was over at autosavant and I found a new article written by Igor. Heres the link: http://www.autosavant.net/2008/01/chicago-...f-150-news.html

I hope they anounce a continuation of the heavy payload pkg that they have now, will still be available on the 09's.

I would also like to see a 9 or even better a 10 foot bed regular cab, with that heavy payload pkg. That would be pperfect for my business needs.

I hope they anounce a continuation of the heavy payload pkg that they have now, will still be available on the 09's.

I would also like to see a 9 or even better a 10 foot bed regular cab, with that heavy payload pkg. That would be pperfect for my business needs.

And I thought the 8 foot beds looked long, think of how a 9/10 foot bed would look.

They have the new stock bed extender thats comes with it, that would give u the extra foot or two. It looks pretty sturdy too.

i think they will release the payload and towing ratings as well as the 5.4L specs and the the future engine releases......maybe if we are lucky since it looks like everybody has their trucks at the hp/tq #'s they will be at for at least 3 years, Ford will be comfortable releasing the 6.2L Boss specs instead of just saying that it is coming

maybe improved brakes on certain models, i wish i could hope for a surprise but we all now this is Ford and it is probably going to be what we already expected.....i hope im wrong

i think they will release the payload and towing ratings as well as the 5.4L specs and the the future engine releases......maybe if we are lucky since it looks like everybody has their trucks at the hp/tq #'s they will be at for at least 3 years, Ford will be comfortable releasing the 6.2L Boss specs instead of just saying that it is coming

maybe improved brakes on certain models, i wish i could hope for a surprise but we all now this is Ford and it is probably going to be what we already expected.....i hope im wrong

I'd guess you're pretty close to being right in your assumptions.

hey off-topic but how much does your dad's F-150 make at the crank?

and if you know, how much at the wheels?

I don't know offhand, but I'll ask him and get back to you.

Here are some pics though: (it's dirty and desperately needs a wash and wax)

post-28332-1201150414_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1201150425_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1201150486_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1201150526_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

hey off-topic but how much does your dad's F-150 make at the crank?

and if you know, how much at the wheels?

I don't know offhand, but I'll ask him and get back to you.

Here are some pics though: (it's dirty and desperately needs a wash and wax)

He estimates somewhere around 500 hp. I don't know figures at the wheels.

He estimates somewhere around 500 hp. I don't know figures at the wheels.

that sounds about right, the Harley's and Saleen's make 450hp on a tune or boost that i think can go a little higher, the MODS have some good power hidden in them

that 335i should be faster though

Edited by Ford-150

that sounds about right, the Harley's and Saleen's make 450hp on a tune or boost that i think can go a little higher, the MODS have some good power hidden in them

that 335i should be faster though

I'm sure it probably is (weight is the obvious problem). And, yes, it is fast. (well, both of them)

Wouldn't it be cool if they made a surprise announcement that the diesel and 6.2 would be available at launch?

if you notice, we have not seen a pic of the engine or engine compartment. But we have seen one of the new refueling area.

The torque curve from that twin screw must be awesome. How much PSI is he running? 9 to 11?

Edited by atomaro

if you notice, we have not seen a pic of the engine or engine compartment. But we have seen one of the new refueling area.

The torque curve from that twin screw must be awesome. How much PSI is he running? 9 to 11?

I wanna say 10 rings a bell.

Edited by rmc523

your right we have not seen any pic of the engine compartment, i do remember seeing photo of the frame with everything hooked up except the body, it had the engine(which was a 5.4L) and the 6 speed on the frame

god damn it ford i need to see the Boss