Tulsa Close, Nashville stay open?

ez2nve

It's a good thing Walter P. Reuther and the rest of the gang did not give up and hide behind a rock as most in this thread want to do.

Who thinks in previous days they just accepted the first contract offered? Don't give me this garbage that this isn't the old days. The UAW is only as strong as it members are.

It seems most wanting to give up the farm are the temps and lower seniority Ford workers. Don't think what we have now was given to everyone. It was a hard fought battle. If you give it up now you will never see it in a future IPS contract. Don't let these few here persuade you that you will get it back.

YAWN!SERIOUSLY ARE YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER RELATED?? :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good thing Walter P. Reuther and the rest of the gang did not give up and hide behind a rock as most in this thread want to do.

Who thinks in previous days they just accepted the first contract offered? Don't give me this garbage that this isn't the old days. The UAW is only as strong as it members are.

It seems most wanting to give up the farm are the temps and lower seniority Ford workers. Don't think what we have now was given to everyone. It was a hard fought battle. If you give it up now you will never see it in a future IPS contract. Don't let these few here persuade you that you will get it back.

Guess what, you are very wrong sir. You could not be more misguided. Ford is going to shut the doors ASAP....PERIOD.

They will make thier point.

Then what do you have left to fight for? an empty plant?

You going to strike or picket? How do you plan on fighting this "Battle"?

What about the people who would like a job in that community?

NO job is better than a 15 an hour job?

Or the people who wanted to stay and work and actually make more money doing it...

Oh, whats the use.....you dumb assholes scared any would be buyers off anyway.....

Watch as your shit leaves to China "Brother". :rip:

These post stay here...for everyone to see....lets see how it shakes....I still say 3 to 6 months they will be moth balled...

If Joe Hendriks does'nt close them.....everyone and I mean everyone will call his bluff...and then he has anarcy....

I met Joe.....he is no bullshit artist...he means what he says.

You are fucked.....I have a hail mary for you tho..Recall that stupid benifits rep of a Chairman you have and beg IUAW that you really did not understand the deal and you want a re-vote....maybe the buyer will reconsider....If you get him Laid.

But I doubt it because, who in the fuck would invest money in a buisness so dependant on labor and have a fucked up labor force?

Not me. Not you. and apparently....not this guy either....

CAN YOU ANSWER ANY OF THOSE QUESTIONS??

Edited by wakeup

You are so mindless Ford had already said (we were also told at our meeting with international) that there would be more company wide packages and buyouts. The fact remains now you get lumped in with the rest of the plants for a place to go. Nashville and Tulsa would already be on their way to KC or Chicago had you not voted the contract down and cost each of us that was willing to transfer about 20,000 dollars because you have NUTS. Well go grab em and hold on because now everyones future rides on your NO vote. Thanks for not thinking with your little brain. Im sure all those behind you that wanted a 15 dollar an hour job thanks you also for helping close a plant down. :finger:

Does ayone know the diffrence between a glass plant and a assymbly line???????

You folks are in for an extreamly rude awakening....I feelso bad for the peole who have been misguidd by that local leadersip team.....it is so unfortunate.

I am so glad Sterling and Rawsonville ducked..I rather go back a little than go away.

Does ayone know the diffrence between a glass plant and a assymbly line???????

You folks are in for an extreamly rude awakening....I feelso bad for the peole who have been misguidd by that local leadersip team.....it is so unfortunate.

I am so glad Sterling and Rawsonville ducked..I rather go back a little than go away.

I fail to understand your point. I sir am willing to transfer and have been ready to do so until these mindless followers in Tulsa took that away from me. I do know the difference in a glass plant and an assembly line and I am ready for the change . I am not a lazy no good piece of crap and come to work every day on time and do the job I am asked to do. I have put in 15 years and never ridden medical and never missed a day that wasnt excused. Unlike some i had a real job before I got here and I believe that I can handle one again

I fail to understand your point. I sir am willing to transfer and have been ready to do so until these mindless followers in Tulsa took that away from me. I do know the difference in a glass plant and an assembly line and I am ready for the change . I am not a lazy no good piece of crap and come to work every day on time and do the job I am asked to do. I have put in 15 years and never ridden medical and never missed a day that wasnt excused. Unlike some i had a real job before I got here and I believe that I can handle one again

I believe you and I did not mean to offend. I am obviously not talking to someone lik eyourself.

THANK YOU WAKE! but unfortunately you are wasting good oxygen! The koolaid is much stronger! they wont even start to get it, till THE BIG GREEN WEINIE'S HEAD HAS ENTERED THEIR RECTUM! :shades: :finger::banghead::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

They will be made examples out of for the rest to take note.

Guess what, you are very wrong sir. You could not be more misguided. Ford is going to shut the doors ASAP....PERIOD.

They will make thier point.

Then what do you have left to fight for? an empty plant?

You going to strike or picket? How do you plan on fighting this "Battle"?

What about the people who would like a job in that community?

NO job is better than a 15 an hour job?

Or the people who wanted to stay and work and actually make more money doing it...

Oh, whats the use.....you dumb assholes scared any would be buyers off anyway.....

Watch as your shit leaves to China "Brother". :rip:

These post stay here...for everyone to see....lets see how it shakes....I still say 3 to 6 months they will be moth balled...

If Joe Hendriks does'nt close them.....everyone and I mean everyone will call his bluff...and then he has anarcy....

I met Joe.....he is no bullshit artist...he means what he says.

You are fucked.....I have a hail mary for you tho..Recall that stupid benifits rep of a Chairman you have and beg IUAW that you really did not understand the deal and you want a re-vote....maybe the buyer will reconsider....If you get him Laid.

But I doubt it because, who in the fuck would invest money in a buisness so dependant on labor and have a fucked up labor force?

Not me. Not you. and apparently....not this guy either....

CAN YOU ANSWER ANY OF THOSE QUESTIONS??

With the 'NO STRIKE CLAUSE' in this contract, we will not be able to fight anyway. You claim we should retreat to see another day. That contract is not retreat, it is a white flagged 'SURRENDER!'

nothing against you ed,he is just pointing out that there is like night and day! If you are the worker you say you are you'll be just fine! It never will be like the ole glass plant,but after time it will get tolerable. hang in there brother,hope you get your chance soon.

With the 'NO STRIKE CLAUSE' in this contract, we will not be able to fight anyway. You claim we should retreat to see another day. That contract is not retreat, it is a white flagged 'SURRENDER!'

No it's not...you keep a manufacturing plant in America...You guys are missing the battle that you are in...

Ford is not keeping that shit...period....they will sell or close...in this case 99% close.

The battle is to keep glass in America...specifically those communities so they at least have American jobs...

You guys are fighting for a Cadillac when you need Taurus. You have failed your communities...you have failed the Walter P. Reuther tradition....

"We are not only for our own interest we are in the interest of our fellow man and woman our communities in which we live"...your "leadership" did our country and your community a disservice. Not to mention you completey fucked Nashville. Self serving bitches.

I could not say it any clearer....

did you know every government agency has a no strike claus ein it...like you want to strike anyway......how about having aprofitable buisness before you kill the goose...you ass.

No it's not...you keep a manufacturing plant in America...You guys are missing the battle that you are in...

Ford is not keeping that shit...period....they will sell or close...in this case 99% close.

The battle is to keep glass in America...specifically those communities so they at least have American jobs...

You guys are fighting for a Cadillac when you need Taurus. You have failed your communities...you have failed the Walter P. Reuther tradition....

"We are not only for our own interest we are in the interest of our fellow man and woman our communities in which we live"...your "leadership" did our country and your community a disservice. Not to mention you completey fucked Nashville. Self serving bitches.

I could not say it any clearer....

AMEN conversation over!!

did you know every government agency has a no strike clause in it.

Yes I do and that is part of the problem. Corporations have the governments backing. It started when the forced the air traffic controllers back to work and its getting worse. We don't want corporations to be like the government.

did you know every government agency has a no strike claus ein it...like you want to strike anyway......how about having aprofitable buisness before you kill the goose...you ass.

You sure call people names and talk a lot of shit 'Internet Thug'. The buisness is profitable. Of course, it could be even more profitable. We give Ford millions upon millions of dollars in "special assessment" charges each year. Supposedly for check writing, light bill, computers, etc. The computers at the plant still run on Windows '95. You(Ford) still charging us millions for that? My question to you wakeup without getting pissed and calling me a dumb ass is who gets to see what glass division is really making? I sure see the waste that management creates. Sure, we have waste on our end too, but if everyone gets together to fix this thing that has supposedly been created, things would be a lot better. The problem is, I do not believe Ford wants to fix the problems because it is a write off for them.

Thanks I really wish none of this was happening.

Brother me either...I have visited the tulsa glass plant and Nashville....both are excellent facilities with great workers.

It is a very sad time for you guys...and please believe me..

us "yankees" really do care for each of you and your communities..we really do...we know you "rebels" are great Americans and tremendous workers.

I just wish there was better dialouge so there was a better understanding of this.

I am sorry this is happening.

Self serving bitches are the ones who want to jump off the boat and double dip or transfer out. They could care less about new employees. I disagree with the point that a low paying job is better than no job.

Wait a minute I pick up my entire life and transfer away from family so that I can support my wife and kids in a strange town that I know nothing about and i am a self serving bitch? you couldnt possibly be any more lost than you are. by the way my exit from here would leave an opening (A UNION JOB NO LESS ) for somone else to fill even at the lowly wage of 15 an hour with some benefits. I am so self serving doing this NOT

You sure call people names and talk a lot of shit 'Internet Thug'. The buisness is profitable. Of course, it could be even more profitable. We give Ford millions upon millions of dollars in "special assessment" charges each year. Supposedly for check writing, light bill, computers, etc. The computers at the plant still run on Windows '95. You(Ford) still charging us millions for that? My question to you wakeup without getting pissed and calling me a dumb ass is who gets to see what glass division is really making? I sure see the waste that management creates. Sure, we have waste on our end too, but if everyone gets together to fix this thing that has supposedly been created, things would be a lot better. The problem is, I do not believe Ford wants to fix the problems because it is a write off for them.

Ok I only called you an ass...hey, I can be an ass too...

Please wake up....Ford does not want you...for a write off or for profit...please read the book. "The Goal"

I am not saying your work force is wasteful....it is not your fault......it is not the fault of the American worker....or the UAW.....or for that matter Ford Motor company...

The truth is simple but painful.....

Globalization has ruiend our American companies as far as being loyal to Americans...if they dont make it in a third world country....some other automaker will and gain that advantage and put Ford out of buisness completely...

Those are facts.....I am sorry to have to tell you the hard truth.

Edited by wakeup

Wait a minute I pick up my entire life and transfer away from family so that I can support my wife and kids in a strange town that I know nothing about and i am a self serving bitch? you couldnt possibly be any more lost than you are. by the way my exit from here would leave an opening (A UNION JOB NO LESS ) for somone else to fill even at the lowly wage of 15 an hour with some benefits. I am so self serving doing this NOT

Yes I think you are a self serving person.

You know and more people are like you too...they wanted to go to Ford...ok that would have created opening for all those reloads you would have.....duhhhhhhh

This is so frustrating...right before our eyes this is happening and we could have stopped it and we are stuck on stupid..