Heres the next product Ford should abandon

P71_CrownVic

You must like being wrong...because you are, a lot.

Ford makes fantastic products in Austraili and Europe. I would drive a Focus, Mondeo, Falcon, etc in a heartbeat. The difference is that I hate the "wanna-be" Lexus and Toyota junk they they are selling (well, trying to sell) here in the NA market.

Have you ever sat in a'08 Taurus? I have ridden in many a creaky CV that are tough as nails and about as comfortable! The Taurus is simply better in every way that matters for a daily driver. Check out a Mustang if you like your CV plastics, and traditionall truck-like drivetrain and be done with your theatrics - You must be a stubborn Swede from Minnesoooota!

Edited by Project-Fairmont

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...and I would rather walk in our current...-26 wind chill than drive a FWD, V6 automotive appliance.

I much, MUCH prefer my V8, RWD automotive appliance.

Rear-wheel-drive in a Minnesota winter?! Surely you must be joking.

In snow and ice, FWD>RWD every time.

Oh god, please don't try to argue with the RWD only fans, they will never shut up until your simply sick of it and so you just stop talking.

:hysterical: Too true

Oh god, please don't try to argue with the Panther-only fans, they will never shut up until your simply sick of it and so you just stop talking.

How 'bout this?

Rear-wheel-drive in a Minnesota winter?! Surely you must be joking.

In snow and ice, FWD>RWD every time.

I don't need some pansy FWD to get where I am going. I have NEVER been stuck in my Vic...and it has an open differential and NO traction control. FWD is for people who don't know how to drive...along with FWD based AWD systems.

Funny thing, as much as you guys hate that front, I see more of the news SD around here than I do the old ones. Guess not everyone shares your view.

Ah, yes...Armada Master gets blasted for saying that, in the 4th largest US city, he hasn't seen a single Sable where now, Winnipeg Canada is the Super Duty epicenter of the world.

retard.png

Ah, yes...Armada Master gets blasted for saying that, in the 4th largest US city, he hasn't seen a single Sable where now, Winnipeg Canada is the Super Duty epicenter of the world.

retard.png

But I did see a Montego a few hours ago....I think that is number 3 or 4 EVER, let me reinterate that pic above for new Taurus/Sable fans:

retard.png

I see the new SD's daily unfortunately, usually one or two a day. Ugly maybe keeping them outta Taurus' and Sables, but apparently not outta the SDs, though I figured I'd be seeing more of them by now.

are you suggesting we sell them trucks that look like they're riddled with birth defects? :finger::finger::finger:

But wait, Ford is! Hehe.....fixed.....sort of. atedog.gif

Edited by Armada Master

What, so most people don't survive in Minnesota now because of FWD?

Thats not what I am saying.

When the idea of RWD is combines with "Minnesota Winter", people look at you like you just had sex with their 14 year old daughter. (I know...bad analogy...but it's late, -40 wind chill outside, and I am tired).

Fact is, there is not a substantial difference between FWD and RWD in the snow. RWD does have less traction than FWD, but that lack of traction slows people down...well...it slows me down, making my drive safer.

Thats not what I am saying.

When the idea of RWD is combines with "Minnesota Winter", people look at you like you just had sex with their 14 year old daughter. (I know...bad analogy...but it's late, -40 wind chill outside, and I am tired).

Fact is, there is not a substantial difference between FWD and RWD in the snow. RWD does have less traction than FWD, but that lack of traction slows people down...well...it slows me down, making my drive safer.

There are dangers of both. The biggest dangers are the rear end spinning out on a RWD and for FWD, it is the tendency to go straight on the slippery when power is applied. Most people are too stupid to do anything about either of them.

There are dangers of both. The biggest dangers are the rear end spinning out on a RWD and for FWD, it is the tendency to go straight on the slippery when power is applied. Most people are too stupid to do anything about either of them.

You can feel the split second when the rear end steps out. Just lifting off the throttle puts it right back in-line. In a FWD, you lift off and you have lift-off over steer...which is very hard to get back.

You can feel the split second when the rear end steps out. Just lifting off the throttle puts it right back in-line. In a FWD, you lift off and you have lift-off over steer...which is very hard to get back.

I'm pretty good at correcting most things with both sets of drive wheels....hope it continues.