Ford F150 Raptor..

dave91gt

Wait, where are the chorus of posts about how sport trucks like the RAM SRT and the like are stupid and Ford was wise and good to get rid of the Lightning? LOL

I wonder how fast this Raptor will be?

I would think the niche market for a new Lightning would be a hell of a lot larger than a niche for a Baja spec buggy no? Talk about addressing a non existant market....UNLESS this is Fords attempt at a LIFTED truck which usually appeals to the vertically challenged.....

Edited by Deanh

I would think the niche market for a new Lightning would be a hell of a lot larger than a niche for a Baja spec buggy no? Talk about addressing a non existant market....UNLESS this is Fords attempt at a LIFTED truck which usually appeals to the vertically challenged.....

Personally I always liked the Lightning and thought it was a stupid idea to get rid of it. Then they came out with the Harley Davidson F150 which really is a stupid idea.

So is this intended to be like a slightly taller Ranchero type thing is that it?

Personally I always liked the Lightning and thought it was a stupid idea to get rid of it. Then they came out with the Harley Davidson F150 which really is a stupid idea.

So is this intended to be like a slightly taller Ranchero type thing is that it?

how was the Harley Davidson stupid?

the old one was a more practical Lightning which could become just as potent with a pulley swap

yes the new ones are kinda disappointing but the are still very sweet, the payload is garbage, but they do have 22's

Harley-Davidson was a dumb idea? I guess you've never been to Milwaukee. People who ride Harleys are VERY brand loyal. They will buy anything with the Harley brand on it. One of the smartest moves Ford has made in years.

how was the Harley Davidson stupid?

the old one was a more practical Lightning which could become just as potent with a pulley swap

yes the new ones are kinda disappointing but the are still very sweet, the payload is garbage, but they do have 22's

Oh please, a Harley Davidson motorcycle and an F150 have about as much in common as basketballs and table salt. People buy them who are into the whole "defining myself by a name brand" thing. At lest the Lightning had the advantage of being an original thought.

Oh please, a Harley Davidson motorcycle and an F150 have about as much in common as basketballs and table salt. People buy them who are into the whole "defining myself by a name brand" thing. At lest the Lightning had the advantage of being an original thought.

It doesn't matter what a person's motivation is for a sale. Do you think Ford cares if someone is buying their car or truck as a status symbol? If they're buying it for transportation? A sale is a sale is a sale. Anything that brings profits into Ford is a good thing. And, I would argue that Harley-Davidson motorcycles have a lot more in common with a Ford pickup than a basketball and table salt ... both are vehicles, both have motors, both are made by organizations that are almost the same age, both have some customers who buy the vehicles to put on a "tough guy image," both vehicles have gas tanks, windscreens, wheels, speedometers, steering mechanisms, the list goes on and on. Even so, again, it doesn't matter. People are buying the truck for the branding on it .... much like Ford hopes people will desire Sony-branded radio blocks.

Saying that Ford shouldn't co-brand is dumb, to me anyway. I mean, Ford has been co-branding with Eddie Bauer for years. What does Eddie Bauer have in common with the Explorer or Expedition? They make clothing .. what does that have to do with SUVs? Not much. Co-branding isn't about having similar products.

Edited by SVT_MAN

It doesn't matter what a person's motivation is for a sale. Do you think Ford cares if someone is buying their car or truck as a status symbol? If they're buying it for transportation? A sale is a sale is a sale. Anything that brings profits into Ford is a good thing. And, I would argue that motorcycles have a lot more in common with a pickup than a basketball and table salt ...

I wouldn't dream of disagreeing with the "a sale is a sale" point of view. That's true. In the case of a Harley Davidson F150 you could even add the old "A fool and his money are soon parted."

everybody that i have known that had or still has a Harley Davidson F-150 does not ride Harley Davidson motorcycles....they buy them because they are fast.....

your statement is wrong

hell most of them don't even ride motorcycles....

the Harley Davidson logo just happens to be on it

Edited by Ford-150