Truck Trend...?

ray101988

I just got the current issue of Truck Trend and I noticed that they seem pretty biased. They don't seem as concerned with reporting facts as they do with reporting stories. I also noticed that they had a shootout with almost all Heavy Duty trucks and the Tundra and then commented that the Tundra rode better and was faster? Really? The lighter non-heavy duty non-dually truck is faster and rides better? Doesn't seem to be a very good comparison. Anyway they went on to state all of the Tundra's reliability problems (which there are quite a few) and said that Toyota is "looking into it". Somehow they still awarded the Tundra the Truck of the Year Award. That doesn't make sense seeing as they just listed off all of its reliability problems. They praised Toy's 44 different options right after they mentioned that Ford has thousands of options. Other than that they praised its acceleration and speed. Something about this comparison seems fishy. What's everyone else think? Truck Trend= biased paid off by Toy crap or not?

P.S. They also reported horsepower for the new F-150. However, it seems that they just parroted Motor Trends article from right after the show. Official numbers still not released so why would Motor Trend or Truck Trend be the only newspeople privaliged enough to have Ford disclose such wanted info to them?

Edited by ray101988

Well, they may be biased...but the fact that the F150 took up nearly the entire cover and the Ram got a small corner still says a great deal...

Yeah but they were praising the new Ram and pretty much said it was a major exterior change. lol. They also reported what I'm pretty sure are false horsepower numbers for the new F-150.

Edited by ray101988

I just got the current issue of Truck Trend and I noticed that they seem pretty biased. They don't seem as concerned with reporting facts as they do with reporting stories. I also noticed that they had a shootout with almost all Heavy Duty trucks and the Tundra and then commented that the Tundra rode better and was faster? Really? The lighter non-heavy duty non-dually truck is faster and rides better? Doesn't seem to be a very good comparison. Anyway they went on to state all of the Tundra's reliability problems (which there are quite a few) and said that Toyota is "looking into it". Somehow they still awarded the Tundra the Truck of the Year Award. That doesn't make sense seeing as they just listed off all of its reliability problems. They praised Toy's 44 different options right after they mentioned that Ford has thousands of options. Other than that they praised its acceleration and speed. Something about this comparison seems fishy. What's everyone else think? Truck Trend= biased paid off by Toy crap or not?

P.S. They also reported horsepower for the new F-150. However, it seems that they just parroted Motor Trends article from right after the show. Official numbers still not released so why would Motor Trend or Truck Trend be the only newspeople privaliged enough to have Ford disclose such wanted info to them?

Doesn't seem like a good comparison to me. I also don't understand how the 2007 Tundra can win the 2008 TOTY award.

Except for the 3 times they gave it to the Mustang. :P

:hysterical: True ... I can't deny that.

However, the Mustang is such an aberration to begin with, I don't think you can even lump it in with anything else. It's simply resilient and sells no matter what. I mean, Ford tried to kill the darn thing with the Probe (which was a great car but was nixed) and that did not work.

I think that when Ford tried to kill the Mustang, it was a signal of the beginning of the end. When upper management tried to kill the Mustang, it was proof-positive that upper management was stuck in old ways of thinking about how to improve a company. Ford totally ditched their "quality is job #1" promise. I mean, it was still a sticker on the car, but in reality it didn't happen. I used to be dellusional and think that Ford made quality products in the 90s, but I honestly think some of their worst products came between the timeframe of 1992 to 1998 or so. 1992 was when they messed up the Taurus / Sable twins. My 1995 Sable feels like a tin can compared to the nearly Germanic, solid, substantial feeling our old 89 Sable had ...

Edited by SVT_MAN