The Simpsons are buying an import

Ford Jellymoulds

The Kangoo looks like something drawn by the Simpsons artists. Isn't that an early '70s Chrysler T&C wagon in the backround of the bottom picture?

Sure is a T&C.

Pretty funny coming on the heals of Mulally's comment about the Taurus. Maybe that comment was to give the Taurus some needed (if cheeky) character??? LOL

Edited by timmm55

Sure is a T&C.

Pretty funny coming on the heals of Mulally's comment about the Taurus. Maybe that comment was to give the Taurus some needed (if cheeky) character??? LOL

I'm guessing that they took a generic picture of an American neighborhood and superimposed the Kangoo in the driveway. There can't be any '70's Chrysler T & C's running around France can there? It is a very odd choice for a backround car.

It's a Renault. Even if Homer didn't select it, I would recommend staying very far, far away from it! LOL!

But Motor Trend jumped on the Renault Encore/Alliance as the car of the year in 83, along with making C&D's top ten the same year. They used to put a sticker announcing it across the bottom of every rear window, right above where they promptly rusted within the first year...

By 87, it was done

"Despite the auspicious Car of the Year award, the car would not live up to expectations of owners, who may have assumed that the award also reflected on the reliability of a car. The 1986 Consumer Reports "Annual Auto Issue" surveyed owners after five years of ownership. The 1983 Renault Alliance scored in worst ratings in "Engine", "Clutch", "Driveline", "Engine cooling", "Suspension", "Exhaust system", "Automatic transmission" and "Manual transmission" ratings. A Car Talk survey also showed poor ratings for reliability."

And for those that know these cars and say HEY THEY RACED EM!

"The Alliance provided many donor parts (engine and suspension) for the Sports Renault racecar, a single make series created by the SCCA. Most cars still exist, although the majority have been converted to use a Ford engine and are now known as Spec Racer Fords, still running in the SCCA club racing program. "

Edited by kevinb120

I'm guessing that they took a generic picture of an American neighborhood and superimposed the Kangoo in the driveway. There can't be any '70's Chrysler T & C's running around France can there? It is a very odd choice for a backround car.

You'd be surprised what cars some Europeans are into...there's a site, www.imperialclub.com that has alot of European members.

I had an offer from some French dude who wanted to buy the '73 Chrysler New Yorker I had a few years ago.