Ergonomics Issue at Wayne Assy

Emigh

Give him a break...He works at a parts plant, not assembly. Big diff.

Spare yourself the embarrassment. Previously from Sterling Axle. Ergonomics? lol Lift assists, ramps, foam padding to stand on? Cmon you are kidding me right? They made a damn ramp didn't they? Now she wants someone to set it up for her too? How typical.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spare yourself the embarrassment. Previously from Sterling Axle. Ergonomics? lol Lift assists, ramps, foam padding to stand on? Cmon you are kidding me right? They made a damn ramp didn't they? Now she wants someone to set it up for her too? How typical.

Well said!!! This stupid crap is what gives us the good worker the bad rap!!!! These are the stories that make the news, sad!!! You want to wine find a cheese shop!

Well said!!! This stupid crap is what gives us the good worker the bad rap!!!! These are the stories that make the news, sad!!! You want to wine find a cheese shop!

Why dpn't any of you from Parts Plants come over and try to do assembly jobs before you ridicule and have an opinion. I hear you all are getting real fat over at plants that really don't have hard jobs. Even the jobs that women do would be too difficult for people like you. Go stuff another donut!

Why dpn't any of you from Parts Plants come over and try to do assembly jobs before you ridicule and have an opinion. I hear you all are getting real fat over at plants that really don't have hard jobs. Even the jobs that women do would be too difficult for people like you. Go stuff another donut!

Well said! They probably have a clipboard job with hour on hour off!!! You have the right to be able to do your job safe and ergonomically suited to you. The union fought for it!! MIOSHA may be interested.

Well said! They probably have a clipboard job with hour on hour off!!! You have the right to be able to do your job safe and ergonomically suited to you. The union fought for it!! MIOSHA may be interested.

Thanks, I just get tired of the bullshit!

If you had read my post, I said that I did not want to do it on my own time without pay because if something happened, (and accidents do happen) I would not be covered by workman's comp. I have been setting my ramp up every morning, but now they want me to stay and take it down before nights come in.

If you want the ramp put the thing together. Why should your team leader or anyone else have to cater to your personal needs daily? At Van Dyke no way in hell would a platform be built in the first place let alone assembled and torn down every day for the needs of one person if it hindered everyone else. How exactly could you get hurt putting together a "ramp"? If you cant do the job safely dont do it.

If you would read his post he said the Union told him he needed the ramp. He never asked for it.

WWTD?

What would Toyota do? This is the kind of stuff that we waste time and energy debating, while they are taking the jobs away. Is there a common sense solution? Wouldn't common sense say that you just need to swap the job with somebody taller? In the absence of all the rules wouldn't that make the most sense?

Little lady, you have no idea what you are talking about. I know of only 2 females that were able to do my production job for more than a month, and I wouldn't exactly call them ladies. Your job cant be all that hard, YOUR doing it arent you? NUFF SAID.

Yes you have the right to do the job safely. Nowhere did she say it was unsafe. Claims the union decided for her that she needed the ramp to do the job EFFECTIVELY. I do believe she said a ramp was built. So set the damn ramp up and take it down when your done. Quit whining that someone wont do it for you.

If you had read my post, I said that I did not want to do it on my own time without pay because if something happened, (and accidents do happen) I would not be covered by workman's comp. I have been setting my ramp up every morning, but now they want me to stay and take it down before nights come in.

Stop with the excuses. After your shift ends you are no longer getting paid. Are you going to try and tell me if you slip, fall, and break an ankle on the way to the locker room you wouldn't be covered by workmans comp?

I did not ask for this job, nor did I take it after I saw the job in motion.

So what your really saying is your trying to find a way out of it.

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

Fire the person for being too short.

If I was too short, they shouldn't have hired me in the first place!!!!And I have worked my ass off for 13 years. First at Michigan Truck and now at Wayne Assy.

Edited by Emigh

Little lady, you have no idea what you are talking about. I know of only 2 females that were able to do my production job for more than a month, and I wouldn't exactly call them ladies. Your job cant be all that hard, YOUR doing it arent you? NUFF SAID.

Yes you have the right to do the job safely. Nowhere did she say it was unsafe. Claims the union decided for her that she needed the ramp to do the job EFFECTIVELY. I do believe she said a ramp was built. So set the damn ramp up and take it down when your done. Quit whining that someone wont do it for you.

Stop with the excuses. After your shift ends you are no longer getting paid. Are you going to try and tell me if you slip, fall, and break an ankle on the way to the locker room you wouldn't be covered by workmans comp?

So what your really saying is your trying to find a way out of it.

You really are not too bright are you. I am saying that Product engineer had the ramps built, and told us that they would be put up. Now they are saying that we have to do it on our own time. Putting up a ramp is not the same as walking into work, at least not by my standards, I have no idea how you crawl into work.

Oh dear. Another example of an ingrate.

My dear, as you are obviously vertically challenged and were offered assistance to perform your duties, perhaps you should cease attempting to find a way to expect others to move the ramp created specifically for your needs and show your appreciation by removing it yourself.

That or perhaps a pair of Ferragamos may be a better answer.

Oh - I just realized you probably don't know what those are. They are expensive shoes that can be bought with higher heels. They are not available at Payless.

Taa ta!

You really are not too bright are you. I am saying that Product engineer had the ramps built, and told us that they would be put up. Now they are saying that we have to do it on our own time. Putting up a ramp is not the same as walking into work, at least not by my standards, I have no idea how you crawl into work.

This topic is out of control!!! Bottom line in my 13yrs I never had an issue like this, but saw many crying around me because they had to get there area ready for them to work. You'd be laughed out of any job, that wasn't union run!! Maybe this is why the union membership is shrinking fast with no stopping in sight!!! I can't believe if your having this much trouble that your superviser isn't helping you out to resolve this, which leads me to believe you need a little cheese with your daily wine!!!!

Oh dear. Another example of an ingrate.

My dear, as you are obviously vertically challenged and were offered assistance to perform your duties, perhaps you should cease attempting to find a way to expect others to move the ramp created specifically for your needs and show your appreciation by removing it yourself.

That or perhaps a pair of Ferragamos may be a better answer.

Oh - I just realized you probably don't know what those are. They are expensive shoes that can be bought with higher heels. They are not available at Payless.

Taa ta!

God who invited her back..........

I thought she got a job walking the streets in her really "high heels". She has been seen on a street corner trying to cut a deal. Pay is better but you also have to have some requirements.

I would like to than Henew 15. WheresWaldo, and Pioneer for the constructive advise that I have already started to follow. As far as the rest of the idiots who thought it was a joke, I am done here on this subject. I hope that when it is your turn to need something from your union, you get the same answers back that you have given me.

I can't believe if your having this much trouble that your superviser isn't helping you out to resolve this

Don't count on any help from your supervisor if you work at Michigan Truck or Wayne/ISA. The plant manager has instructed the supervisors to paint a bleak picture for the plants and to try to lower morale and get people so frustrated that they will take the buyouts. I don't really think it is coincidence that the day after the meeting we our being told safety violations will result in an automatic 30 days off. No progressive discipline. We need to realize that the supervisors for the most part are not going to do anything to help us out. If it is more difficult for us then maybe we'll screw up and they can discipline us and make us want to take the buyout.

It's a shame that in the state that Ford is in, Job 1 is to get as many of us to take the buyouts so they can bring a worker in and pay them $14hr. The morale of everyone is going down, whether you are someone who ends up staying or someone who gets fed up and leaves. Do they really think that those that stay are going to be happy go lucky when Ford starts to back off of their crazy management style? If this hasn't happened at your plant stay tuned, I'm sure it a comin'.

I would like to than Henew 15. WheresWaldo, and Pioneer for the constructive advise that I have already started to follow. As far as the rest of the idiots who thought it was a joke, I am done here on this subject. I hope that when it is your turn to need something from your union, you get the same answers back that you have given me.

Im a big boy. I always have and always will handle my buisness myself. You ever notice 99.99% of the time it is the turds that walk around crying that they are being treated unfair and the union isn't doing anything for them?

Im a big boy. I always have and always will handle my buisness myself. You ever notice 99.99% of the time it is the turds that walk around crying that they are being treated unfair and the union isn't doing anything for them?

Why don't you get a f---ing life. You will get what you deserve. Nothing. No wonder Ford is going down. People like you are bringing Ford down. I am done!!!!!

Don't count on any help from your supervisor if you work at Michigan Truck or Wayne/ISA. The plant manager has instructed the supervisors to paint a bleak picture for the plants and to try to lower morale and get people so frustrated that they will take the buyouts. I don't really think it is coincidence that the day after the meeting we our being told safety violations will result in an automatic 30 days off. No progressive discipline. We need to realize that the supervisors for the most part are not going to do anything to help us out. If it is more difficult for us then maybe we'll screw up and they can discipline us and make us want to take the buyout.

It's a shame that in the state that Ford is in, Job 1 is to get as many of us to take the buyouts so they can bring a worker in and pay them $14hr. The morale of everyone is going down, whether you are someone who ends up staying or someone who gets fed up and leaves. Do they really think that those that stay are going to be happy go lucky when Ford starts to back off of their crazy management style? If this hasn't happened at your plant stay tuned, I'm sure it a comin'.

I know what you are talking about and I see it everyday.

I am sure you are a big boy! All those donuts! Turds? I smell something! What could it be? You!!! You called it yourself!

Our Plant Chairman, Bill Johnson, has already said that I will not get paid to do this. So therefore, the way I see it, if I should get injured I am on my own. I will pursue this with my committeeman tomorrow, but he has already said that both Management and Union have decided that I have to do this on my own time before the line starts and after the line stops. This was very helpful, thanks so much.

Ok, If you get hurt walkiing through the plant, the company is responsiable for you corret? So what's the diffrence if you get hurt putting up a "Tool" to do the job or putting away the "TOOL" when done working. And for your teamleader, he/she must of got the job with "merriet and ability" not voted in.

Edited by cosmos

Ok, If you get hurt walkiing through the plant, the company is responsiable for you corret? So what's the diffrence if you get hurt putting up a "Tool" to do the job or putting away the "TOOL" when done working. And for your teamleader, he/she must of got the job with "merriet and ability" not voted in.

She got the job because of her seniority and no one on our team feels she is doing her job. If we could vote we would vote for someone who wouldd help us and check our stock, and whatever else a team leader is supposed to do.