Ergonomics Issue at Wayne Assy

Emigh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to than Henew 15. WheresWaldo, and Pioneer for the constructive advise that I have already started to follow. As far as the rest of the idiots who thought it was a joke, I am done here on this subject. I hope that when it is your turn to need something from your union, you get the same answers back that you have given me.

I guess you couldn't tell I was seriuos and honest with what I considered real help. Won't happen again!!! I guess I am an idiot!!! Good luck!

I guess you couldn't tell I was seriuos and honest with what I considered real help. Won't happen again!!! I guess I am an idiot!!! Good luck!

I am so sorry. Yes, your information was helpful also. I will pursue my options on this and truly appreciate the input. My committeeman was surprised how knowledgable (?) I was when he came around last week and I have gave him plenty to think about. Thank you, sun3. From Michigan where it is going to be in the single digits tomorrow.

Edited by Emigh

I am so sorry. Yes, your information was helpful also. I will pursue my options on this and truly appreciate the input. My committeeman was surprised how knowledgable (?) I was when he came around last week and I have gave him plenty to think about. Thank you, sun3. From Michigan where it is going to be in the single digits tomorrow.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you need any help.

Your'e welcome. We are not all idiots on this site. You have to learn to get past the B.S. and then you can get some real info. I know at times my opinion of my chairman joel goddard shos a little too much, but I am honest.

I know this is where the information is. ONe just has to pick out the truth and avoid the false rumors. That is why I came here for advice.

Why don't you get a f---ing life. You will get what you deserve. Nothing. No wonder Ford is going down. People like you are bringing Ford down. I am done!!!!!

People like ME are bringing Ford down? lol Look in the mirror little lady. It is people like you who bitch, whine, complain, and find excuses every day for why they "cant" do their job that are bringing the entire US manufacturing industry down. They pay you a damn good wage. Shut your mouth and do your job. You were hired for auto assembly. If you cant do the job get the hell out.

Fitting jobs to people? Ya they will fit jobs to people alright. Cry long enough and the job will be a robot and the person will be out the door. All 5'-100lbs of em.

You push it! You can fight it on your own if you need to. It is their job to fight for you and it is against the LAW to refuse to write a greivance.

Who told you that it is against the law to write a grievance? Show me the law because you are incorrect. If a grievance has no merit it should never be wrote, I am not saying this is the case in this instance though. I just dont think you should mislead memebers, it is not against the law.......

People like ME are bringing Ford down? lol Look in the mirror little lady. It is people like you who bitch, whine, complain, and find excuses every day for why they "cant" do their job that are bringing the entire US manufacturing industry down. They pay you a damn good wage. Shut your mouth and do your job. You were hired for auto assembly. If you cant do the job get the hell out.

Fitting jobs to people? Ya they will fit jobs to people alright. Cry long enough and the job will be a robot and the person will be out the door. All 5'-100lbs of em.

So, if I am a "little lady" does that make you a "big man". Being tall does not make you smart. Take the buy out and make everyone you work with happier. I am sure you must be a real joy to work with!!And for the record, I didn't say I couldn't do the job without a ramp. I said that I was told that the ramp would be built and that someone would set it up. I am doing the job just fine and better than the "big guy" that does the job on nights and has been written up several times for leaks in the polypaper. But you probably have no idea what I am talking about. Big man!

Edited by Emigh

Who told you that it is against the law to write a grievance? Show me the law because you are incorrect. If a grievance has no merit it should never be wrote, I am not saying this is the case in this instance though. I just dont think you should mislead memebers, it is not against the law.......

It is law! You check it out yourself, I don't need to. It is just like a court appointed lawyer, they have to defend you whether they believe it or not. Look at the labor laws.

So, if I am a "little lady" does that make you a "big man". Being tall does not make you smart. Take the buy out and make everyone you work with happier. I am sure you must be a real joy to work with!!And for the record, I didn't say I couldn't do the job without a ramp. I said that I was told that the ramp would be built and that someone would set it up. I am doing the job just fine and better than the "big guy" that does the job on nights and has been written up several times for leaks in the polypaper. But you probably have no idea what I am talking about. Big man!

The company supplies you with toilet paper, do you need your team leader to come wipe your ass too? :cry:

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

You need to learn and know your rights. They only get away with stuff with people who don't learn the contract and labor laws. It is your life, learn your rights!!!

That's right there is an entire govenment agency set up to hold the union and company accountable! If a committeeman refuses to write a greivence than you have to contact the NLRB National office at 1-866-667-6572 and get the number to the local NLRB office in your district to file a complaint for the union's failure to file your greivence! Then they will forward a copy of the complaint to your local union to investigate.

Edited by Furious1Auto

The company supplies you with toilet paper, do you need your team leader to come wipe your ass too? :cry:

Oh, pleeeeze! I really don't think we want to get into a discussion about asses. I understand you are the biggest ass at your plant. So I will send a large shipment of toilet paper (industrial size) just for you. Have a great day and I hope you get everything that you deserve.

That's right there is an entire govenment agency set up to hold the union and company accountable! If a committeeman refuses to write a greivence than you have to contact the NLRB National office at 1-866-667-6572 and get the number to the local NLRB office in your district to file a complaint for the union's failure to file your greivence! Then they will forward a copy of the complaint to your local union to investigate.
Thank you! The union hates it when you know that because they have to write some pretty stupid greivances, but cannot refuse. The also risk losing their postion as union reps. People really need to know their rights so they can protect themselves if it becomes necessary. Let's face it, some reps are good some are not. If you are ignorant of your rights, you lose.

You are correct on that but what I am saying is if a grievance has no merit then a rep does not have to right it, that is a true fact. If they go to the NLRB the facts will show it lacks merit and case closed. If you do not write a grievance that has merit then yes you are correct, but a good rep that knows the contract should advise a member when they will not win a grievance or when a grievance lacks merit. A rep will not be in trouble unless merit is found in the investigation. Those are the facts guys.

You are correct on that but what I am saying is if a grievance has no merit then a rep does not have to right it, that is a true fact. If they go to the NLRB the facts will show it lacks merit and case closed. If you do not write a grievance that has merit then yes you are correct, but a good rep that knows the contract should advise a member when they will not win a grievance or when a grievance lacks merit. A rep will not be in trouble unless merit is found in the investigation. Those are the facts guys.
Wrong, sometimes the merit may be questionable that's why it must be written regardless. The decision to drop it is after it is written, but it must be written.

• 4 weeks later...
Wrong, sometimes the merit may be questionable that's why it must be written regardless. The decision to drop it is after it is written, but it must be written.

Sun3, you state that all grievances must be written regardless of merit. Let me pose a question for you, what if you have a Union Brother wanting a grievance against another Union Brother? Let me answer that for you, denied. This would be deemed an act unbecoming of a Union Brother and the facts of its nature should be taken to your local committee and reviewed by them. I think you stand corrected.

Not all grievance's must be written. Anyone one denied a grievance can call the NLRB, state their case and let them investigate the issue but you should contact your Region first. In their investigation they might find it was in-fact without merit and you'll receive a letter or a phone call stating this and why. If they find it to have merit, you'll get a visit from your local committee with a grievance in hand. Well, you should.

Your district reps do not have to take a state legal bar exam to represent you in a union capacity, fact. They have to represent you to the best of their ability in all dealings with your local contract. They can deem merit to a grievance, first and foremost on the shop floor. Are they always correct, no. Are they human, yes. No one's perfect and everyone has something to learn. Everyone that thinks they have been wronged, thinks its a grievance, this might not be the case. If your reps stop investigating oral discussions at the 1st stage (for deeming merit) and just writes them all, the system will be flooded so much so that the “with merit” one's will get held up in the mix.

If your still not fully believing this I'll break it down for you by National contract:

Your initial grievance is a thought, you think you have cause for a grievance and you can discuss this with your supervisor. If your not satisfied with your discussion, you can call your rep or you can call your rep first, what ever you decide neither is wrong. Your district rep and your supervisor are obligated to resolve this issue, through discussion of the facts, to the best of their ability and within their authority. If thy fail to reach an agreement in the first oral discussion, your district rep must complete a “Record of Oral Discussion”. This would be your grievance with merit in writing.

Why do you think that the National Contract has it written, that your district rep has to have a oral discussion before processing a record of oral discussion? I'll go out on a limb and say that this is to figure out if your “ thought to be grieved against grievance” has merit.

This ends our Grievance 101 lessons for the day.

The Unionist

Edited by The Unionist

Well said!!! This stupid crap is what gives us the good worker the bad rap!!!! These are the stories that make the news, sad!!! You want to wine find a cheese shop!

have a little compassion you piece of shit. how would you handle the situation if the shoe were on the other foot? i bet it be different that you are now..........asshole

Sun3, you state that all grievances must be written regardless of merit. Let me pose a question for you, what if you have a Union Brother wanting a grievance against another Union Brother? Let me answer that for you, denied. This would be deemed an act unbecoming of a Union Brother and the facts of its nature should be taken to your local committee and reviewed by them. I think you stand corrected.

Not all grievance's must be written. Anyone one denied a grievance can call the NLRB, state their case and let them investigate the issue but you should contact your Region first. In their investigation they might find it was in-fact without merit and you'll receive a letter or a phone call stating this and why. If they find it to have merit, you'll get a visit from your local committee with a grievance in hand. Well, you should.

Your district reps do not have to take a state legal bar exam to represent you in a union capacity, fact. They have to represent you to the best of their ability in all dealings with your local contract. They can deem merit to a grievance, first and foremost on the shop floor. Are they always correct, no. Are they human, yes. No one's perfect and everyone has something to learn. Everyone that thinks they have been wronged, thinks its a grievance, this might not be the case. If your reps stop investigating oral discussions at the 1st stage (for deeming merit) and just writes them all, the system will be flooded so much so that the “with merit” one's will get held up in the mix.

If your still not fully believing this I'll break it down for you by National contract:

Your initial grievance is a thought, you think you have cause for a grievance and you can discuss this with your supervisor. If your not satisfied with your discussion, you can call your rep or you can call your rep first, what ever you decide neither is wrong. Your district rep and your supervisor are obligated to resolve this issue, through discussion of the facts, to the best of their ability and within their authority. If thy fail to reach an agreement in the first oral discussion, your district rep must complete a “Record of Oral Discussion”. This would be your grievance with merit in writing.

Why do you think that the National Contract has it written, that your district rep has to have a oral discussion before processing a record of oral discussion? I'll go out on a limb and say that this is to figure out if your “ thought to be grieved against grievance” has merit.

The Unionist

Unionist,

Thank you for breaking it down to them. You are absolutely correct!

The Unionist

Wrong! read your constitution!

Sun3,

Article 92.81 of the International Constitution: One of the most important rights of a UAW member is the right, under each UAW contract, to resolve problems with management through the negotiated grievance procedure. The grievance procedure varies from workplace to workplace. If the union representative and supervisor are unable to settle the issue and the grievance has merit, the committee person will put the grievance in writing and pursue it through several steps of the grievance procedure.

Do we need to go over this again, or can you read the part that says " unable to settle the issue and the grievance has merit". I wonder what they mean by this statement. Because according to you, its law that every thought to be grievance has to be written and filed.

Part II of Grievance 101

The Unionist

Also Sun3 you don't have to copy my posts, just simply reply to them and its automatic.

Sun3,

Article 92.81 of the International Constitution: One of the most important rights of a UAW member is the right, under each UAW contract, to resolve problems with management through the negotiated grievance procedure. The grievance procedure varies from workplace to workplace. If the union representative and supervisor are unable to settle the issue and the grievance has merit, the committee person will put the grievance in writing and pursue it through several steps of the grievance procedure.

Do we need to go over this again, or can you read the part that says " unable to settle the issue and the grievance has merit". I wonder what they mean by this statement. Because according to you, its law that every thought to be grievance has to be written and filed.

Part II of Grievance 101

The Unionist

Also Sun3 you don't have to copy my posts, just simply reply to them and its automatic.

A lot of gray areas. I was refering to employee against employee. And beleive me --they can't refuse to write a grievance--that may very well be due to the gray area and interpretation. It really isn't worth arguing about unless you get into a situation that requires the info so don't take it so personally. This is supposed to be a place to share info and experiences and learn from each other. Save all the arguing for someplace else. Have a great nite!

A lot of gray areas. I was refering to employee against employee. And beleive me --they can't refuse to write a grievance--that may very well be due to the gray area and interpretation. It really isn't worth arguing about unless you get into a situation that requires the info so don't take it so personally. This is supposed to be a place to share info and experiences and learn from each other. Save all the arguing for someplace else. Have a great nite!

Nice try Sun3. Your not going to turn this into pity. You said that it is a law that every grievance must be written by the Union. You are wrong, and I didn't want any good Brothers and Sisters thinking that you were correct in your presumption. It is not a state law and its clearly not a law within our constitution.

I do agree with you when you say that this is a place where the membership shares info. But 'we must share correct information. I'm not and wont ever take it personally. We are in this together are we not? You made the statement and I corrected you. Its you I think that is taking this personal.

By all means, please tell me where I can find this Law, article or arbitrator ruling that clearly states foundation to the fact that all Grievance's must be written regardless of merit. I will stand corrected and I'll thank you.

The Unionist

Nice try Sun3. Your not going to turn this into pity. You said that it is a law that every grievance must be written by the Union. You are wrong, and I didn't want any good Brothers and Sisters thinking that you were correct in your presumption. It is not a state law and its clearly not a law within our constitution.

I do agree with you when you say that this is a place where the membership shares info. But 'we must share correct information. I'm not and wont ever take it personally. We are in this together are we not? You made the statement and I corrected you. Its you I think that is taking this personal.

By all means, please tell me where I can find this Law, article or arbitrator ruling that clearly states foundation to the fact that all Grievance's must be written regardless of merit. I will stand corrected and I'll thank you.

The Unionist

I will agree to disagree. I stand by my statement.