09 F-150 Order Date

pburchett

My Ford Dealer called today and said that he could place my 2009 F-150 order on May 16th an delivery would be 6 to 8 weeks later. :happy feet:

Can anyone confirm this?

I have no reason to doubt him as he has always been more than helpful and has went out of his way to make a customer 110% satisfied.

My Ford Dealer called today and said that he could place my 2009 F-150 order on May 16th an delivery would be 6 to 8 weeks later. :happy feet:

Can anyone confirm this?

I have no reason to doubt him as he has always been more than helpful and has went out of his way to make a customer 110% satisfied.

You MAY be able to place an order as the ordering banks usually open up early, but considering that they haven't given solid dates for Job #1 as of yet, I would highly doubt having it by July. Heck, the ordering guides aren't even out yet. And they haven't even released the HP and TQ figures yet.

Ford has been touting Fall deliver timeframe so far on the new '09. So that is my guess. Just remember, with any new car, or redesigned car, they will build the 1st batch and hold them at the factory to make sure there are NO problems before giving the OK to ship to dealers. I would gather to say, you should see a truck by late August/early September maybe, but again this is a guess.

Edited by 05fordgt

I work at DTP, and what I am hearing for a Job1 date is around the last week of July. However, this changes often. Job 1 started at some time in August and then was moved up to the beginning of June and last is end of July. We are building test 09's now. I have seen about 20 come down the line, and don't know how many have been built on other shifts. I hear they want so many trucks per hour coming down the line by June, and then shutdown, and then the official build of the trucks. I would say at earliest, late july, early August we should start seeing the trucks.

Here's the latest start-up dates for the 2009 F-150:

05/16/2008 2009 Unscheduled Order Bank Opens

06/12/2008 2009 Model Year Scheduling Begins

07/23/2008 2009 Model Year Job #1 (Dearborn)

08/13/2008 2009 Model Year Job #1 (Kansas City)

The official order guides are usually released to Dealers on or about the time the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens.

Here's the latest start-up dates for the 2009 F-150:

05/16/2008 2009 Unscheduled Order Bank Opens

06/12/2008 2009 Model Year Scheduling Begins

07/23/2008 2009 Model Year Job #1 (Dearborn)

08/13/2008 2009 Model Year Job #1 (Kansas City)

The official order guides are usually released to Dealers on or about the time the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens.

Thanks, that shoudl be the same time as the Ford fleet website post it then.

I am trying to make sure that if Ford dropes the 3000+ pound payload pkg on the 09s, that I still have a shot to order a couple 08s. I really don't need the trucks till fall, and I would much rather have the trucks with the new 6 speed autos rather than the 4 speeds that the 08 uses. I really hope that pkg makes it to the 09 trucks.

If your talking about the heavy duty payload package(4.10 Axel, 7 lug wheels ), yes it will still be offered for 09.

Derek, I have a couple of questions about thw Heavy Duty package if your permitted to answer,

1. Can you say if the Heavy duty payload package will be offered on wheelbases other than the current long box ones ?

2. Will the HD package be available in other trim levels other than XLT, XL ?

3. Have they made any changes to the HD payload package (nicer wheels etc.) ?

• 2 weeks later...
Derek, I have a couple of questions about thw Heavy Duty package if your permitted to answer,

1. Can you say if the Heavy duty payload package will be offered on wheelbases other than the current long box ones ?

2. Will the HD package be available in other trim levels other than XLT, XL ?

3. Have they made any changes to the HD payload package (nicer wheels etc.) ?

HD package will be exactly the same including the ugly gray seven lug rims.

HD package will be exactly the same including the ugly gray seven lug rims.

Thanks for the info. Will these models benefit from any weight reduction (like the other models) to increase their payload? I am debating whether to grab a good price on an 08 model, or to wait for an 09 model.