Just wanted eveyone to know....

Mower Man

I spent more time than I care to admit looking for a new truck this time. I have driven Ford F-150's for the last 27 years (a bunch of F-350's in that time also). I looked at the competitors this time, did alot of reading and a fair amount of test driving. I came awful darn close to buying a Nissan Titan. It has some really nice options that Ford does not offer. Then my wife pulled a dirty trick, she pulled out the pictures of my Grandpa and my Dad next to their Fords on the farm and in our family businesses. I looked at a picture of my parents on their wedding day, next to my Dad's new Mercury. I ordered a new F-150 again last night. Bless the American way and bless Ford Motor Company.

MowerMan, how about giving us some specs and what kind of Mercury did your dad get?

My Mom can't remember what model it was. It was a 1957 Mercury 2 door. My favorite truck of his was a 1965 Ford F-100. 6 cylinder, 3 speed overdrive. Blue. He bought the year I was born. My Dad passed away 19 years ago. My father-in law collects cars and he has pictures with him of the truck. He is on the prowl to find me a nice original '65. My Dad was a really great guy, always giving me an oppurtunity to move forward. Thanks for your interest.

My Mom can't remember what model it was. It was a 1957 Mercury 2 door. My favorite truck of his was a 1965 Ford F-100. 6 cylinder, 3 speed overdrive. Blue. He bought the year I was born. My Dad passed away 19 years ago. My father-in law collects cars and he has pictures with him of the truck. He is on the prowl to find me a nice original '65. My Dad was a really great guy, always giving me an oppurtunity to move forward. Thanks for your interest.

Your welcome but actually i asking for specs of your new F150...

Your welcome but actually i asking for specs of your new F150...

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 Dark Pearl Blue with Dark Shadow Gray two tone Black interior

126" wheelbase

5.4 Flex Fuel

3.73 Limited Slip

LT275/65RX18 All terrain Goodyears

AM/FM/6 disc

Fog Lights

Keyless Entry

Sirrus radio

Power adjustable pedal

Rear sliding window

Black tubular runing boards

Cargo management system with divider and storage bins

Telescoping trailer tow mirrors

Reverse camera system

Power code remote start

Electric shift on the fly 4X4

She will be known as "The Blue Mule" I always liked the movie White Line Fever. :happy feet:

2008 Ford F-150 FX4 Dark Pearl Blue with Dark Shadow Gray two tone Black interior

126" wheelbase

5.4 Flex Fuel

3.73 Limited Slip

LT275/65RX18 All terrain Goodyears

AM/FM/6 disc

Fog Lights

Keyless Entry

Sirrus radio

Power adjustable pedal

Rear sliding window

Black tubular runing boards

Cargo management system with divider and storage bins

Telescoping trailer tow mirrors

Reverse camera system

Power code remote start

Electric shift on the fly 4X4

She will be known as "The Blue Mule" I always liked the movie White Line Fever. :happy feet:

Sounds like a nice truck, make sure you post some pictures. I have a few questions tho were you that guy who was interested in a 6.4 diesel awhile ago? why did you not buy one? did you try out the 6.8 V10? why did you not wait for the 2009 F150 with upgraded engines our the 2010 F150 with new engines?

I spent more time than I care to admit looking for a new truck this time. I have driven Ford F-150's for the last 27 years (a bunch of F-350's in that time also). I looked at the competitors this time, did alot of reading and a fair amount of test driving. I came awful darn close to buying a Nissan Titan. It has some really nice options that Ford does not offer. Then my wife pulled a dirty trick, she pulled out the pictures of my Grandpa and my Dad next to their Fords on the farm and in our family businesses. I looked at a picture of my parents on their wedding day, next to my Dad's new Mercury. I ordered a new F-150 again last night. Bless the American way and bless Ford Motor Company.

What type of options did the Titan have that the F-150 doesn't?

What type of options did the Titan have that the F-150 doesn't?

My dad also looked at a titan but he woke up and realized it would of been a mistake to buy a titan. my dad looked at the 2004 F150s and the 2004 Titans and between those model years, they all seemed to have about the same options. Some ford options were cheaper and some nissan options were cheaper but the total sticker price we paid for our F150 was 37,560 and i belive the titan sticker price was 38,760.