Discussion between Local 228 & 400

Captain723

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we dont have 5000 we have 1900 so its bad info..

wakeup.... the info isn't bad it is just outdated as the officers have failed to do their respective jobs to comply with government filing in a timely manner. as you can see, the yearly dates are also listed and those are the most current memership numbers listed online with the department of Labor. LM-2 reports are required to be filed yearly similar to a tax return. most locals push the limits so members don't have the info as elections approach. ths has been common for years at 400. if you go onto the site shown on another post, you will see for yourself. seeing first hand can be a sobering thing as you check other locals. for example, 600 latest is also from 2006, and they list 25,418 members. So those numbers are 2 years old, just as many of the others posted previously.

wakeup my facts are straight. 228 membership has been dwindling for years. New contract is the writing on the wall that the plant will be 2nd tier.

How does this merger benefit 2280?

Nobody has been able to answer that.

I really do'nt know the answer I did not ask who gets to benifit. I just asked questions people at 228 were asking after that bullshit flyer hit the floor. The news hit Sterling last, apparently because most of the news is coming from 400 Tony's crew and the rebutals are coming from 2280 and mods crew. Our guys are "just listening".

Thats how i take it from what I have seen so far. I am off this week coming up so I will be all over the place.

I have freinds in all three locations. I think this issue is pretty much dead already.

I really do'nt know the answer I did not ask who gets to benifit. I just asked questions people at 228 were asking after that bullshit flyer hit the floor. The news hit Sterling last, apparently because most of the news is coming from 400 Tony's crew and the rebutals are coming from 2280 and mods crew. Our guys are "just listening".

Thats how i take it from what I have seen so far. I am off this week coming up so I will be all over the place.

I have freinds in all three locations. I think this issue is pretty much dead already.

Actually, 228 and 400 conspired to get some momentum behind this bullshit. 2280 was left out of their secret meetings until last week. 2280 opposed it from the start. Its a dead issue now.

Actually, 228 and 400 conspired to get some momentum behind this bullshit. 2280 was left out of their secret meetings until last week. 2280 opposed it from the start. Its a dead issue now.

Conspired...lol Who killed Kennedy? :hysterical: you are a conspiracy theory nut ball.

Reading your posts you are obviously the leadership of 2280. I am betting Jimmy Moduluski.

I only say that because I found out your President has 99 seniority and its easy for you to manipulate him.

Are you letting him know your plan on running agianst him next election and thats why you don't want a merger?

You should be honest with him Jimmy.

I also believe your the author of the poisen letter today in the plant because your points are exact.

I do call Jeff a friend and stick up for him if he is right, the flyer you put put Jim was wrong.

Your shit flyer was equally insulting to the director guy and his people. That can't be good for you, If our people know you put it out, then surley he does.

Good luck getting cooperation. I am now glad our guys at least listened to the deal before jumping to conclusions.

Edited by wakeup

look let it go. its all a big crappy mess. Eagle says he's just a nobody yet he seems to know more than anyone else about the merger and whats going on at the other locals which makes sense if he's in tight with someone.

He suggests that he believes in the merger only for Union Solidarity and not being able to have use of the building and having crappy picnics.

So he might be a partial idealist and a 228 hack who wants 400 to pickup the monetary slack or he might be connected to leadership, such as the man he defends Jeff Terry. It really matters little.

i am amused by how this whole thing is happening.

what matters is which of the prevailing theories turns out to be right.

1. This is a plant and power grab. (my fave)

2. This is all about Tony Pinelli getting re-elected and Jeff Terry is just using the chance to move up (remember that Joe Peters is invovled)

3. This is all about the membership and Union Solidarity and power.

i doubt #3 and #2 is pretty ballsy. i am naive enough to constantly be amazed at the lengths people go to get power, so #2 is a possibility. It also speaks to how dumb people are to except that, and to defend it. The salaries at 400 are out of this world though.

I choose 1 and 3 and the first part of 2. remember Jeff could have went long ago.

Reading your posts you are obviously the leadership of 2280. I am betting Jimmy "the Drunk" Moduluski.

I only say that because I found out your President has 99 seniority and its easy for you to manipulate him.

Are you letting him know your plan on running agianst him next election and thats why you don't want a merger?

You should be honest with him Jimmy.

I also believe your the author of the poisen letter today in the plant because your points are exact.

I do call Jeff a friend and stick up for him if he is right, the flyer you put put Jim was wrong.

Your shit flyer was equally insulting to the director guy and his people. That can't be good for you, If our people know you put it out, then surley he does.

Good luck getting cooperation. I am now glad our guys at least listened to the deal before jumping to conclusions.

wrong again. I just call it how I see it. "POISON" not poisen, but I knew what you meant I can translate ignorance. Tell Terry to stop blowing smoke up your ass and tell you the truth. I'm not 2280 leadership, I just know bullshit when I smell it.

wrong again. I just call it how I see it. "POISON" not poisen, but I knew what you meant I can translate ignorance. Tell Terry to stop blowing smoke up your ass and tell you the truth. I'm not 2280 leadership, I just know bullshit when I smell it.

ok Jim i'll do that.

And if you trust Terry, ask your chairman if he wants it. Ask your chairman if Terry would benefit.

When was your local renovated?? When was the last time new work came into that plant?? Did you re-elect people that failed the membership??

And if you trust Terry, ask your chairman if he wants it. Ask your chairman if Terry would benefit.

When was your local renovated?? When was the last time new work came into that plant?? Did you re-elect people that failed the membership??

We are the only plant without layoffs..thru this whole thing we have been thru, thats who we are.

Terry is going to benifit one way or the other...understand that.. we all do here already.

GoldenBoy touch or whatever you want to describe it as.

Our local was renovated in 1998 when things were awsome. We just got (Jeff) 11x job(National Negotiations), (Dave)250,350,450,150 plus more work in COA. But we are loosing some component work. Gain in one loose in another.

Now our guys failed us? At least we at local 228 can elect people longer than one term.

How many first termers are at 2280?? all of them, except Lori and Bill.

Oh jimmy (you) served a term before he(you) was thrown on his(your) drunk ass.

The only Failed leadership here is 2280 if you want to get technical.

When is the last time you guys elected a Chairman back to Back? or a President? Your a huge joke!

What happend to your last President and Chairman?

c'mon we could go back and forth and bag on our leaders all day.(both of them)(you)

Thats the feeling I get that this is really being pushed from 400 the strongest and 228 is just listening and 2280 is not.

Thats a big stir for just having a conversation about it. I am good to go after talking to our Pres.

Because he dont want it either..cmon I like Jeff as Pres.

How would he be able to keep electing all his friends every term?

I don't think any person who is in a position of power or wants a position of power will be for this idea or any idea that is a change.

Pisses me off thats all, sorry for the caps dickface.

I see all the appointees and committeemen running around trying to stirr everyone up about it today. It makes me sick to know they think we are that dumb.

Edited by TheEagle

We are the only plant without layoffs..thru this whole thing we have been thru, thats who we are.

Terry is going to benifit one way or the other...understand that.. we all do here already.

GoldenBoy touch or whatever you want to describe it as.

Our local was renovated in 1998 when things were awsome. We just got (Jeff) 11x job(National Negotiations), (Dave)250,350,450,150 plus more work in COA. But we are loosing some component work. Gain in one loose in another.

Now our guys failed us? At least we at local 228 can elect people longer than one term.

How many first termers are at 2280?? all of them, except Lori and Bill.

Oh jimmy (you) served a term before he(you) was thrown on his(your) drunk ass.

The only Failed leadership here is 2280 if you want to get technical.

When is the last time you guys elected a Chairman back to Back? or a President? Your a huge joke!

What happend to your last President and Chairman?

c'mon we could go back and forth and bag on our leaders all day.(both of them)(you)

dude you can insult the fucker all you want, I could torch terry the same way I could torch your chairman also but I'm not into that. This issue is about merging Locals and the pros and cons of it. If you worked at both places, you should understand that its not only Union leadership that opposes this at VD we, the membership, WONT STAND FOR IT! If they did agree to it, we would vote it down. Not saying it would, but none of us have local agreements. Knowing that there may soon be layoffs on the east side, GOOD leadership would be trying to get their members in a plant and a transfer agreement would blow. Why would we vote that possibiity. No chance, we went through that. Did you choose to go to Sterling, or were you floated around. That as a possibikity would suck. Not only do you have to look at a seniority list in your plant, you would be watching 3, 4 plants. Too stressful, we wont allow them to do that to us.

okay girls (wakeup and truth) lets keep your sandbox squabbles and get back to the main issue. why and what would 400 give tony 50k for and not get any money from other locals for this upcoming campaign for electing a unification for pinelli to be president and terry to be vp. as to terry not moving before, there weren't any opening and he hasn't been elected long enough. The plan is alwys about keeping and taking care of leadership kids, if you didn'ty know it already please go back into history and look at it. who is joey related to...? yokich, yokich was red dog's buddy and now j.terry is coming around... Ask them!!!

Because he dont want it either..cmon I like Jeff as Pres.

How would he be able to keep electing all his friends every term?

I don't think any person who is in a position of power or wants a position of power will be for this idea or any idea that is a change.

Pisses me off thats all, sorry for the caps dickface.

I see all the appointees and committeemen running around trying to stirr everyone up about it today. It makes me sick to know they think we are that dumb.

Change...no one likes change.....some people are afraid that they will lose there cushy jobs. WTFE!!

There could be a structure put together to make sure one unit does not monopolize the Local. Voice all concerns and work through them. It should be a win..win..for everyone or it shouldn't happen.

If we do not change the International Union may step in and direct something that will be out of each units control. If we start brainstorming now and addressing all the issues we will have a say in how this could work!

If we do nothing then we can't bitch when others step in!! All parties seriously need to start talking and keep talking until there is something we can all live with. It doesn't have to be you against the other or vise versa.....what if we called it 2280 would that make a difference or whatever....it doesn't matter. What matters is there is a plan in place with agreement from all parties that will work, if something like this happens. Otherwise you or we may be stuck with something none of us like!!

dude you can insult the fucker all you want, I could torch terry the same way I could torch your chairman also but I'm not into that. This issue is about merging Locals and the pros and cons of it. If you worked at both places, you should understand that its not only Union leadership that opposes this at VD we, the membership, WONT STAND FOR IT! If they did agree to it, we would vote it down. Not saying it would, but none of us have local agreements. Knowing that there may soon be layoffs on the east side, GOOD leadership would be trying to get their members in a plant and a transfer agreement would blow. Why would we vote that possibiity. No chance, we went through that. Did you choose to go to Sterling, or were you floated around. That as a possibikity would suck. Not only do you have to look at a seniority list in your plant, you would be watching 3, 4 plants. Too stressful, we wont allow them to do that to us.

I get the fear involved..there was no talk of transfering or mixing our seniority at plants other than the contractual language we have now.

so that agrument is gone. Please stop using it to scare people.

The idea is brilliant. The politics are way too messy for this. Too much history between plants and too many people scared for thier jobs. This should have been thought of 10 years ago. I don't want to blast 2280 guys either.

All I am saying is thats alot of fear for an idea being brought up. At least these guys are not just sitting on thier asses. AT least they are looking for long term solutions. We may not like them. I hope they are always doing that. Obviously, they did'nt do that 10-20 years ago.

The membership gets to vote always. So how did anyone ram anything down anyones throut? It's impossible to.

Thats the part that is bullshit.

okay girls (wakeup and truth) lets keep your sandbox squabbles and get back to the main issue. why and what would 400 give tony 50k for and not get any money from other locals for this upcoming campaign for electing a unification for pinelli to be president and terry to be vp. as to terry not moving before, there weren't any opening and he hasn't been elected long enough. The plan is alwys about keeping and taking care of leadership kids, if you didn'ty know it already please go back into history and look at it. who is joey related to...? yokich, yokich was red dog's buddy and now j.terry is coming around... Ask them!!!

Old News bro we heard that shit for years..well since I have worked here. He always going downtown for some reason or another. He keeps running for office and keeps getting the most votes. You guys just don't get that part. It's a new rumor to you.

Change...no one likes change.....some people are afraid that they will lose there cushy jobs. WTFE!!

There could be a structure put together to make sure one unit does not monopolize the Local. Voice all concerns and work through them. It should be a win..win..for everyone or it shouldn't happen.

If we do not change the International Union may step in and direct something that will be out of each units control. If we start brainstorming now and addressing all the issues we will have a say in how this could work!

If we do nothing then we can't bitch when others step in!! All parties seriously need to start talking and keep talking until there is something we can all live with. It doesn't have to be you against the other or vise versa.....what if we called it 2280 would that make a difference or whatever....it doesn't matter. What matters is there is a plan in place with agreement from all parties that will work, if something like this happens. Otherwise you or we may be stuck with something none of us like!!

Dont bitch at me..I could careless if there are only 4 or 6 officers instead of 12. I just look at it like GREED.

What kind of system could be put in place so no other local could "monopolize" the other?

capn terry , so you've state there's a plan in place. you've seen it?? Funny no one else has. Everyone at National ford including Gettelfinger and King were blind-sided by tony and jeff playing a staged tape that tony said was a membership meeting with no membership attending. What plan? what agreement/? who hare the parties?? More importantly why is only 400 putting up 50k only weeks before an election is taking off. the 0k is the plan, keeping everyones salaries is the plan. as a matter of fact there is a letter in getterlfingers office from several officials who were approached by jeff and tony that if they went along with this there would be an extra 25k per year added to their salaries. It is not about anything else, not about the merger, not about the memberships money, not about helping to cover 228's mortgage, it is about the money getting to officers salaries and tony's election only!!! maintaining the staus quo of officers salaries. By national contract all the presidents already get 50 hours ( $72,800.00 plus any shift premium and/or o/t) plus we can see them gettting out of pocket expenses in the procees of performing their duties. but at 400 they he gives himself 49k UAW moneys plus expenses and whatever he can shakedown out of vendors worj=king at the plant or doing work for the local.

International could come in and take over?

capn terry , so you've state there's a plan in place. you've seen it?? Funny no one else has. Everyone at National ford including Gettelfinger and King were blind-sided by tony and jeff playing a staged tape that tony said was a membership meeting with no membership attending. What plan? what agreement/? who hare the parties?? More importantly why is only 400 putting up 50k only weeks before an election is taking off. the 0k is the plan, keeping everyones salaries is the plan. as a matter of fact there is a letter in getterlfingers office from several officials who were approached by jeff and tony that if they went along with this there would be an extra 25k per year added to their salaries. It is not about anything else, not about the merger, not about the memberships money, not about helping to cover 228's mortgage, it is about the money getting to officers salaries and tony's election only!!! maintaining the staus quo of officers salaries. By national contract all the presidents already get 50 hours ( $72,800.00 plus any shift premium and/or o/t) plus we can see them gettting out of pocket expenses in the procees of performing their duties. but at 400 they he gives himself 49k UAW moneys plus expenses and whatever he can shakedown out of vendors worj=king at the plant or doing work for the local.

I am sorry if you assumed I have seen some sort of plan.....I haven't, I am talking about coming up with a plan!! You keep talking about officers salary....228 has cut theirs and tony's pay had to be oked by the membership. So what is the problem. The shift premium/ot....he gets is per the National agreement. He does not give himself anything...again we the membership had to ok this expense.

What do you mean shake out of vendors or doing work for the Local????

SO we possibly would not get to vote on this? International would make all the decisions?

Hell yes you get a vote... vote the rapists out of office!!! Can't you tell when you have been sexually molested???

Remember, an amalgamated local replaces a real membership vote with the joint council/executive board. that's how tony is passing all this shit around the membership at large. He, or who ever is there, can circle around a small group pay them off and you wouldn't have anything to do with it....

Getting rid of caucuses was a great move. but now you have to forget about teh intl and regional reps that come in to tell you how great there buddies are...

Hell yes you get a vote... vote the rapists out of office!!! Can't you tell when you have been sexually molested???

Remember, an amalgamated local replaces a real membership vote with the joint council/executive board. that's how tony is passing all this shit around the membership at large. He, or who ever is there, can circle around a small group pay them off and you wouldn't have anything to do with it....

Getting rid of caucuses was a great move. but now you have to forget about teh intl and regional reps that come in to tell you how great there buddies are...

He means we would'nt get a vote on unification?. Not your Local elections dumb ass.

Edited by wakeup