Discussion between Local 228 & 400

Captain723

Hell yes you get a vote... vote the rapists out of office!!! Can't you tell when you have been sexually molested???

Remember, an amalgamated local replaces a real membership vote with the joint council/executive board. that's how tony is passing all this shit around the membership at large. He, or who ever is there, can circle around a small group pay them off and you wouldn't have anything to do with it....

Getting rid of caucuses was a great move. but now you have to forget about teh intl and regional reps that come in to tell you how great there buddies are...

All of the local reps and committeemen and appointees are buddies with the int reps. and region reps.

What is your point.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear romeo, hows those engine going??? so your are runnnig for president, does tony know it yet?? we all know that tony and is crew of goons are able to make side deals to get friends to other plants. you have seen it at romeo, if you have your eyes open at all. now tell these other locals what could happen if they allow tony and the theives at 400 get into their dues. like the flyer from sub 5 talks about lenny from romeo getting the payoff cantracts to do the website and DVDs. isn't lenny also doing the local 400 website too???

Lennys still a nuthugger eh? Some people never change! Best of luck to you AAAALLLL! That locals been goin down the shitter ever since Dick Varty left.

SO we possibly would not get to vote on this? International would make all the decisions?

The International Union assigns what local you have...yes you may not get a vote! this would be a big decision and the Region would play a big role on any decision to combine locals!!

Didn't the International union combine Region's in a new york minute?? Locals would be simple!

Edited by Captain723

The International Union assigns what local you have...yes you may not get a vote! this would be a big decision and the Region would play a big role on any decision to combine locals!!

Didn't the International union combine Region's in a new york minute?? Locals would be simple!

2280 should turn around and take over L400 due to L400 improper (In the event that any consolidation is mentioned)

financial practices,

democratic practices,

business practices,

and nepotism in contracting at local

Have Local 2280 take over L400 instead as Pinelli is seeking to install himself as president without membership vote which is a violation and self serving as to personal gain, political gain without membership voting for an intended consolidation (PRB 849) and/or elected representative positions. Keeping officers in office paying outrageous salaries while there is no membership to support the practice.

Intentions to install current officers as AA's and adding other (Romeo chair) will be improper business practices and misuse of Local funds when members need resources to be budgeted in uncertain times.

Additional concerns are voting rights of members of defunct units, (5 PRB 680 (1989) will L400 members have voting rights after any consolidation when they didn't have a vote in the process?

Violation of the EPC in three areas;

Fianancial, Use of Union funds for personal gain on behalf of a small group of members to the detriment of members from 3 Local Unions, as tehey enrich the small group. The current administration L400 (Pinelli) and is participating with L228 (Terry) administration to act without membership approval via a membership meeting in order to overtly subvert Union policies and practices of membership legislating their Unoin.

Business , L400 President is contracting with family members to provide services to L400 without obtaining multiple bids as required by UAW practices. In addition, the L400 President is contracting with an member of L400 to provide web-based services on his behalf to benefit his election campign and a consolidation of Local Unions campaign. Pinelli and the administration of L400 is fleecing the Loacl treasury by maintianing a cadre of officers without the membership to support the expenses. Failure to reduce the officer contingent to conserve funds on behalf of L400 members is a violation of the UAW EPC.

Democratic, L400 (Pinelli and others) along with L228 (Terry and Others) are conspiring to violate members rights to legislate thir Union as the parties fail to comply with membership rights to vote and/or discuss any consolidation process to the member's detriment and to the benefiut of Pinelli's and Terry's small group.of political friends. These two groups continue to conspire to violate meber's voting rights by not holdinga General Membership meeting in 2007 nor schedule one to gage the membership's wishes.

well, i look at it this way...there are plenty of reasons why 228 would want this and reasons why i don't want VD part of it.

first it gives the older, less skilled workforce at shot at a plant with a serious future. We've just launched two new trans lines and are going to be stable for many more years. we know that sterling might struggle as truck and rear wheel sales drop off more. we have alot higher recent investment than they. their jobs are easier to sell and remove than the transmission lines (not that they can't) you can part out the welders, the final lines with a minimum of time loss.

second it gives the older much more powerful 228 local a chance to regain some of its glory days again. Increasing their size only makes them stronger downtown and having two plants with important parts (VD and Romeo) gives them leverage with the company. Want to get more at sterling, use H&S at VD to scare the company.

third, they are the single largest local of the three. they would receive the majority of the power and vote. It would take alot of work to get romeo and VD to work together and challenge them. Most of leadership would be their people.

why i don't want this.

first it lessens our control of our destiny. we could end up a puppet to Sterling once again, like in the old days. No one wants to be sterlings little brother again. we are the newer, better plant with better work and stronger committments from the company.

second the overall union power would not be as beneficial to us as to sterling. their overall superiority in numbers allows them to hold sway in many of the leaderhsip situations. I've worked 9 years to get some pull within my local and now its gone. f-that, because my job will suffer

third we don't need to be the dumping ground for their people when their business drops off. our people worked, made comittments and got the work and now we all get moved out so sterling people can come in as their product numbers dry up. thats the plan, thats why they want to be in our plant.

all in all if i felt that sterling wasn't looking to shore up its financial, workforce and investment situation i'd be interested, but i don't want to have my local become invovled for the sake of making 228 a player in the UAW again.

to be honest i can see why 400 might want to be connected to one of us, but not both. they will lose any control they had that way. We'd dominate the politics and they'd struggle to get any younger people moved up. It would stgnate involvement and disenfranchise the workers.

#49 Captain 723

3 bids! be competitive! I don't know how Tony sold Phyllis his former mother-in -law as a cleaning service to the executive board she not listed anywhere and doesn't have a business. Yes the members vote for the board and the rest of the officers but that doesn't mean I did ashole! that's like blaming me and the rest of the population for that dic-head Bush being in office. What are you implying last election was a landslide! His phoney ass came over and shut down a line on friday at utica a plant that is closing in 6 months when ask by the members where are we go to go his answer was "Your guess as is good as mine" let me tell you about a merger a merger these people wants know about jobs not your election scam His ship has sailed bigtime fkhim

2280 should turn around and take over L400 due to L400 improper (In the event that any consolidation is mentioned)

financial practices,

democratic practices,

business practices,

and nepotism in contracting at local

Have Local 2280 take over L400 instead as Pinelli is seeking to install himself as president without membership vote which is a violation and self serving as to personal gain, political gain without membership voting for an intended consolidation (PRB 849) and/or elected representative positions. Keeping officers in office paying outrageous salaries while there is no membership to support the practice.

Intentions to install current officers as AA's and adding other (Romeo chair) will be improper business practices and misuse of Local funds when members need resources to be budgeted in uncertain times.

Additional concerns are voting rights of members of defunct units, (5 PRB 680 (1989) will L400 members have voting rights after any consolidation when they didn't have a vote in the process?

Violation of the EPC in three areas;

Fianancial, Use of Union funds for personal gain on behalf of a small group of members to the detriment of members from 3 Local Unions, as tehey enrich the small group. The current administration L400 (Pinelli) and is participating with L228 (Terry) administration to act without membership approval via a membership meeting in order to overtly subvert Union policies and practices of membership legislating their Unoin.

Business , L400 President is contracting with family members to provide services to L400 without obtaining multiple bids as required by UAW practices. In addition, the L400 President is contracting with an member of L400 to provide web-based services on his behalf to benefit his election campign and a consolidation of Local Unions campaign. Pinelli and the administration of L400 is fleecing the Loacl treasury by maintianing a cadre of officers without the membership to support the expenses. Failure to reduce the officer contingent to conserve funds on behalf of L400 members is a violation of the UAW EPC.

Democratic, L400 (Pinelli and others) along with L228 (Terry and Others) are conspiring to violate members rights to legislate thir Union as the parties fail to comply with membership rights to vote and/or discuss any consolidation process to the member's detriment and to the benefiut of Pinelli's and Terry's small group.of political friends. These two groups continue to conspire to violate meber's voting rights by not holdinga General Membership meeting in 2007 nor schedule one to gage the membership's wishes.

We had a union meeting on it at 228 you douchebag..we have skilled trades meetings today also..you facts are just as messed up at 400future dude.

We had a union meeting on it at 228 you douchebag..we have skilled trades meetings today also..you facts are just as messed up at 400future dude.

Well thank you so much for the extinct of your knowledge and the all powerful meeting at 228 that controls the universe. I am however glad that once other people brought this issue to light the cockroaches, ran away from it. Now the issue should be dead according to wakeup who in fact should live up to his screen-name.

But just "tableing an issue" at a membership meeting does not kill it!! If you're able to read robert rules, you will note that a tabled issue can be brought up at a later date. Now if there is no membership meeting scheduled, your LEB would be the body voting on this issue. But let's look again, your president, who was for it and presented that opinion at the last emergency Local 400 Joint Council meeting, also has the ability to call emergency meetings of the 228 LEB. Much the same way fony spinelli did at 400 where he got 50K to spend on his campaign.

Now, since jeff has been promised a spot at region, how easy would it be for joey to come into your local and move the vote of a small group of EB members???

To 400Member...

Let's set the record straight, my friend, I have written nothing for or against the proposed unification process that has been used in ANY way, shape, form, or context. Anyone who has known me for any length of time, or has ever read anything that I've written where my opinion is registered, knows that such literature has always borne my signature and a location or a number where I may be reached. You refer to me as a "squaw" while you sit back namelessly, like the craven, simpering poltroon that you are, and cast aspersions from behind a mask of anonymity. That takes real courage, doesn't it.

Just so that there's no doubt as to who's writing this...

Terry McCullough

Member, UAW Local # 400

Utica Plant

To 400Member...

Let's set the record straight, my friend, I have written nothing for or against the proposed unification process that has been used in ANY way, shape, form, or context. Anyone who has known me for any length of time, or has ever read anything that I've written where my opinion is registered, knows that such literature has always borne my signature and a location or a number where I may be reached. You refer to me as a "squaw" while you sit back namelessly, like the craven, simpering poltroon that you are, and cast aspersions from behind a mask of anonymity. That takes real courage, doesn't it.

Terry McCullough

Member, UAW Local # 400

Utica Plant

yup...election time!! good luck!

To 400Member...

Terry McCullough

Member, UAW Local # 400

Utica Plant

You start of saying you which to set the record straight and that you refer to me as your friend, we are intrigued and thankful that you would do this.. Of course you aren't telling a tall tail here, are you?? So you finaly want to set the record straight, to tell the truth. Well my friend we all know that we aren't referring to the minimal letters you wrote and signed as a Barg Rep, it is the 200 plus you wrote as the ghost writer for foney spinellli and the chairman clowns you foolishly served. Like your articles in the local paper for foney, the plant papers you wrote for schultz and argento (who we all know can't put two words together.). Yaw gettin busy now on the campaign letter for foney and the boys now that you are appointed and all??

About this, there is no doubt mr poltroon, you watched and did nothing as members were screwed by foney, pill, mike, donnie, and the rest. you hid behind a little locked door and refused to write the truth, because you mr poltroon my friend I have no doubt were told not to. That you failed to act says more about your person. And we all know what happens to members in 400 that speak out don't we!! I guess if you only write what you are told, you have nothing to fear unlike the rest of us.

Stay well my friend.

You start of saying you which to set the record straight and that you refer to me as your friend, we are intrigued and thankful that you would do this.. Of course you aren't telling a tall tail here, are you?? So you finaly want to set the record straight, to tell the truth. Well my friend we all know that we aren't referring to the minimal letters you wrote and signed as a Barg Rep, it is the 200 plus you wrote as the ghost writer for foney spinellli and the chairman clowns you foolishly served. Like your articles in the local paper for foney, the plant papers you wrote for schultz and argento (who we all know can't put two words together.). Yaw gettin busy now on the campaign letter for foney and the boys now that you are appointed and all??

About this, there is no doubt mr poltroon, you watched and did nothing as members were screwed by foney, pill, mike, donnie, and the rest. you hid behind a little locked door and refused to write the truth, because you mr poltroon my friend I have no doubt were told not to. That you failed to act says more about your person. And we all know what happens to members in 400 that speak out don't we!! I guess if you only write what you are told, you have nothing to fear unlike the rest of us.

Stay well my friend.

foney should stop wasting time driving around all glazed eyed, filling out foney tony police reports and claiming he's ail'n.. go check into rehab, pay back the 50K, the money you slid to your kids through phyllis, the money you shook down out of vendors at the plants and the local and then take a buyout!!! That would be the best thing you could do for everyone!!!

For it looks like if phony had taken care ofthe 400 membership half as much as he took care of himself and his kids and the other officers, 5000 members would still have their jobs and all our plants would still be open!!

After all, those officers at 400 salaries sure prove that, crystal clear. Shame.. Shame.. Shame...

Hey, one lasst question, came over to your kingdom to aee you, does the compnay know you've been claiming sick days the last 4 days, sure hope your check reflects that...! Ah ha,, just make it up with local funds right.... Your are UAW, my ass..

foney should stop wasting time driving around all glazed eyed, filling out foney tony police reports and claiming he's ail'n.. go check into rehab, pay back the 50K, the money you slid to your kids through phyllis, the money you shook down out of vendors at the plants and the local and then take a buyout!!! That would be the best thing you could do for everyone!!!

For it looks like if phony had taken care ofthe 400 membership half as much as he took care of himself and his kids and the other officers, 5000 members would still have their jobs and all our plants would still be open!!

After all, those officers at 400 salaries sure prove that, crystal clear. Shame.. Shame.. Shame...

Hey, one lasst question, came over to your kingdom to aee you, does the compnay know you've been claiming sick days the last 4 days, sure hope your check reflects that...! Ah ha,, just make it up with local funds right.... Your are UAW, my ass..

I am sure the 50k question will come up at the general membership meeting! Again these records get audited by the Iunion auditing dept. so even though there are occasions that some things slip by 50k is not going to slip by!!

What doesn't make sense from all of this banter and :censored: slinging is: if this "plan or vision" is so good for the people then why is the backdrop crooked? Elected officials being promised money and positions from the Presidents of L228 and L400 to run the combined local!! I thought that the membership has the right to vote? What right does Tony and Jeff have to guarantee these positions? Flyers and rumors and meetings that are called out of the blue to pitch the idea is a last ditch effort! If this was all on the level then let the membership know the WHOLE truth about what is being plotted and let them decide. I know that the majority at Van Dyke wants to keep what we have all worked hard for. The business that is in the plant has a lot to do with the hard work in quality and sacrifices that we have made in the past! Oh and here's a question or two for those that think this is sooooo great for the three locals. Where were you when we laid off workers and lost hundreds from our membership and somehow stayed afloat? And, what kind of what is going to happen when someone that does not have the best interest of Van Dyke is President and they have say over our members' dues when he is losing members?

This is rediculous, we don't need to have 1 big voice, that's why we are in the Union, we all have a voice!!!!!!!!! I DO NOT want someone who does not have my best interest at heart!

What doesn't make sense from all of this banter and :censored: slinging is: if this "plan or vision" is so good for the people then why is the backdrop crooked? Elected officials being promised money and positions from the Presidents of L228 and L400 to run the combined local!! I thought that the membership has the right to vote? What right does Tony and Jeff have to guarantee these positions? Flyers and rumors and meetings that are called out of the blue to pitch the idea is a last ditch effort! If this was all on the level then let the membership know the WHOLE truth about what is being plotted and let them decide. I know that the majority at Van Dyke wants to keep what we have all worked hard for. The business that is in the plant has a lot to do with the hard work in quality and sacrifices that we have made in the past! Oh and here's a question or two for those that think this is sooooo great for the three locals. Where were you when we laid off workers and lost hundreds from our membership and somehow stayed afloat? And, what kind of what is going to happen when someone that does not have the best interest of Van Dyke is President and they have say over our members' dues when he is losing members?

This is rediculous, we don't need to have 1 big voice, that's why we are in the Union, we all have a voice!!!!!!!!! I DO NOT want someone who does not have my best interest at heart!

The motive is the money,,!!!

The motive is the money,,!!!

It may be a good idea, but the timing and the hastiness is what has everyone asking questions. Something this important should not be brought up in a meeting in Ferbruary for a vote in April. Now that everyone knows about this, the discussion is apparently dead. My opinion is that they don't want our input, but for us to just put on our cowbells and vote "yes".

It's kind of hard to control informed people.

www.local400future.com

It may be a good idea, but the timing and the hastiness is what has everyone asking questions. Something this important should not be brought up in a meeting in Ferbruary for a vote in April. Now that everyone knows about this, the discussion is apparently dead. My opinion is that they don't want our input, but for us to just put on our cowbells and vote "yes".

www.local400future.com

I aksed about this because, I did not understand it before. As I understand it, 2 meetings were held about a hour each.

Nobody really knows how it all works because, they have not done enough reaserch on it.

Remember it took the steelworkers,machinist and the UAW 4 years to merge and it fell apart.

It was discussed that if the three locals did merge before the elections then every elected officer that is not retired would get what they have currently. So that it would not effect anyone negativly THIS TERM.

Also that 400 would have to change thier election cycle to match 228 (228-2280 were not changing).

The only thing anyone absolutly knows thats positive is the finances. You would be stroger financially, to do the things locals are supposed to be doing. (Events, Community Service, Political Action, Organizing, Bargaining, Representation)

Currently you guys pay for three buildings, Three sets of gas bills, Three sets of electric bills, Three sets of cleaning bills, Three sets of secretarys, Three sets of officers (HUGE EXPENSE).

The idea as I see it, would be to goto 4 fulltime officers if you have 2 locals.

6 fulltime if you had 3 locals. That would cut officers in half. You would go from 8 to 4 or 12 to 6.

The only ideas are the ones people are throwing out there. Nothing is set in stone IF it ever came up again.

Your new local would be NEW and the membership would be able to create it anyway they like.

The membership has to vote on all of it.

The membership would elect Committes ,they would have to report back to the membership.

My guess is, you guys will never get a chance, because no one is going to work on it after all the lies have been spread. Not even 228 and 400 who were really the only ones interested in talking. Only talking tho.

2280 was asked out of respect but that was definatly fumbled (BIGTIME).

It really is a dead issue.

www.local400future.com

Yeah I know what you are saying. itys the mushroom factor...

Although you are not quite fully informed by wakeup (biff) either. there havebeen meetings but only foney spinelli and biff ferry were directling this thing until foney and biff brought a dvd to the national uaw-ford council a month ago. they had no permission from the membership or intl to begin any of this since intl charters and approves all of these types of actions through a ieb vote. he got caught by not seeking membership action (which you need to have a fully noticed general membership meeting instead of the round rosy foney is "palming off" as a general meeting) or intl involvment. then he had promises out for dvd's and t-shirts and couldn't get the money for m for all of this.

in the mean time fonely and biff may have offered officers at 2280 some amount of something, which foney thought he would have left over from the $50,000 he got out of local and the markers he called in from the many vendors he has "agreements" with.

the story goes on... leading to the officers at 2280 becoming targets of an investgation for common accepted (practices accepted and approved by by the intl and company by inaction)) of leaving the plant. we all know that union reps from every automotive unit leave the facilities for reasons and lengths of time other members cannot. any way, its all about the money, and if you can't or won't see this then you surely are naive.

the mushroom factor, keep you in the dark and covered with crap!!

I aksed about this because, I did not understand it before. As I understand it, 2 meetings were held about a hour each.

Nobody really knows how it all works because, they have not done enough reaserch on it. gee wakeup/biff in the other post you mentioned something about attending 400's meeting and lasting about a half hour.

Remember it took the steelworkers,machinist and the UAW 4 years to merge and it fell apart. if you recall, the steelworkers had a democratic principle that the uaw couldn't get past, called one member being able to cast one ballot for intl officers. that and the control of the funds by which officers especially related to PAC's.

It was discussed that if the three locals did merge before the elections then every elected officer that is not retired would get what they have currently. So that it would not effect anyone negativly THIS TERM. so foney and biff were going to set themselves and their buds up, not even discuss it with 2280. now all of this despite 228 barg committee and 2280 fully opposing and disapproving of the so-callled plan. These issues were voiced at the national uaw-ford meeting, that foney left (on a "high"note heh heh) before apologizing to intl and the council.

Also that 400 would have to change thier election cycle to match 228 (228-2280 were not changing). so to put this all together, foney was changing 400, taking 50K out of 400, and spending monies on shirts and dvd's, and then if po$$ible to get 2280 involved, help tho$e officer$ out. Of cour$e, thi$ all the while keeping the big $alarie$ and perk$ for the guy$ and his daughter$ for cleaning...

The only thing anyone absolutly knows thats positive is the finances. You would be stroger financially, to do the things locals are supposed to be doing. (Events, Community Service, Political Action, Organizing, Bargaining, Representation) I would be very $u$pect of the services members might lose between the local and the plants. Which local is central and which will be $old off? Who get$ Stuck with 228's new building mortgage? All of these issues should be moved into the plants under the chairperson's control and under intl/regional supervision. They all end up in the plants anyway!!!

Currently you guys pay for three buildings, Three sets of gas bills, Three sets of electric bills, Three sets of cleaning bills, Three sets of secretarys, Three sets of officers (HUGE EXPENSE). for the money these guys are taking they ought to be cleaning the buildings. 400 pays near $500,000.00 a year for the officers to eat, drink and party at foney's house or the firestation,, ya smell that herb'y smoke??? is that bunring leaves???

The idea as I see it, would be to goto 4 fulltime officers if you have 2 locals.

6 fulltime if you had 3 locals. That would cut officers in half. You would go from 8 to 4 or 12 to 6. we don't need even that many fulltime officers. 2 at the top end. President and Rec Sec only. all other should be part time. VP no job unless pres out..p/t fin-se no job except to sign check, book-keepers do all the heavy work. besides, how many fin/sec actually have a financial background and know what they are doing???? i wuld bet none on eastside!! I would say at teh going pay rate and the shift to second tier wages for non-core work, that any ooficers should be able to clean the building too.. i mean $130,000.00 (ave) is way out there!!

The only ideas are the ones people are throwing out there. Nothing is set in stone IF it ever came up again.

Your new local would be NEW and the membership would be able to create it anyway they like.

The membership has to vote on all of it.

The membership would elect Committes ,they would have to report back to the membership. you mean you are going to let the members vote for a committee??? sounds like your on the spinelli page of unionism. you guys really are something, actually letting the members vote. any discussion or input or just a vote??

My guess is, you guys will never get a chance, because no one is going to work on it after all the lies have been spread. Not even 228 and 400 who were really the only ones interested in talking. Only talking tho. no we get to the good stuff, lies--wakeup?? you mean those lies you admitted to in the 2280 thread. you mean those lies you spread about MOD and his committee. you mean those lies and things you said to get paople to believe the crap about 2280. OR DO YOU MEAN THE LIES YOU TELL HERE?

2280 was asked out of respect but that was definatly fumbled (BIGTIME). 2280 WAS NOT ASKED OUT OF RESPECT, THEY WERE GIVEN A CHANCE AT $OMETHING EXTRA $$$$. THEY DID THE RIGHT THING, THEY SAID NO WAY AND INFORMED INTL ABOUT THE P44OIBLE MI$CONDUCT OF FONEY $PINELLI AND BIFF FERRY AND THEIR BUD$...

It really is a dead issue.