AND THEN THERE WERE FOUR, Which candidate do you want for president!

Furious1Auto

08' Presidential Elecetions  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your candidate?

• Huckabee
    • Clinton
    • McCain
    • Obama
  2. 2. What is your official party designation?

• Independent
    • Republican
    • Democrat

Why is it that not all Christians believe the entire bible then? AFAIK, only Catholics believe the entire book....emphasize the word book.

I don't even know why Catholics are considered Christians. The woed "Christian" means Christ-Like. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by Me." Catholics pray to Mary. Jesus said He is the only way to talk to God.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't even know why Catholics are considered Christians. The woed "Christian" means Christ-Like. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by Me." Catholics pray to Mary. Jesus said He is the only way to talk to God.

As far as I'm concerned your all wrong. I used to be Catholic. Now I despise organized religion.

Of course the entire Bible is factually accurate! A pair of ALL the world's animals could certainly fit on a boat 135 meters long, 23 meters wide, and 14 meters high. :hysterical: I wonder how Noah managed to capture a pair of all the species that nobody even knew existed at the time? :headscratch:

Ok, first of all, Noah didn't capture the animals. God led them to the Ark. Second, the boat was several stories high. Third, God can do anything, like fitting all them animals on that boat.

Now you are just being silly and it proves nothing. I've not said you were wrong about your beliefs. I merely stated what mine were.

More like Electricity and PCP....

You stating I am wrong is not what I am after. Nor am I trying to state others are wrong. But I am going on record that Evolution and God do not mix. There is very clear scripture for why that is. Some don't believe and some pick and choose. But for Christians it is an all or nothing proposition. If any part is untrustworthy then the whole is untrustworthy.

Peace and Blessings

The intentional killing of a person isn't always murder....unless you are willing to call a whole lot of war veterans murderers too.

They have a reason to kill. To protect their country. Abortion is killing just beacuse the mother doesn't want the child. BIG difference.

Ok, first of all, Noah didn't capture the animals. God led them to the Ark. Second, the boat was several stories high. Third, God can do anything, like fitting all them animals on that boat.

So the Ark was kinda like Dr. Who's phone booth? Do you religious zealots even realize the hilarity of your own statements sometimes? :hysterical:

They have a reason to kill. To protect their country. Abortion is killing just beacuse the mother doesn't want the child. BIG difference.

So were the Crusades okay then, because they were killing in the name of God?

What about the 9/11 terrorists? Are they okay? They were killing in the name of their God.

Look around you. You think all this was a mistake? The only possible way we or this earth could have gotten here is by God. It's the only thing that even makes sense. Look at yourself. If it weren't for God, you wouldn't even be here. How do you think our bodies function so perfectly? You think we just adapted whatever we needed? Ha. How does this world function so perfectly? My Mom had been praying for something, and hadn't told ANYONE what it was. The preacher walked up to her and told her that God loves her and told her Exactly what she had been praying about and told her that God told him to tell her that it was going to happen. He also told her some other things that were going to happen and, guess what. They happened. God is real and He loves you, even if you don't believe it. Not believing it doesn't make it any less real.

That was not an audible voice he heard was it?

Peace and Blessings

Actually, there is, in the primitive cyano-bacteria, for example, where their DNA arrangement just didn't lead to multi-cell creatures.

Please visit http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). 1:3-5

God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. 1:6-8

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

Ok, photosynthesis can't happen without water. There was no rain until Noah's days. Therefore, photosynthesis didn't start occuring until the first rain.

Second, So what about the sun and stars? God Himself was the light.

Can you see the wind? No, but you can see its affects. Same with God. One day, you will know, because every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. That's EVERY knee, including yours.

I don't need to see the wind to know it is there. It can be scientifically proven to exist. I can't see my DNA either, but I know it's there. It has been scientifically proven. See the difference here? I'm guessing not.

Of course the entire Bible is factually accurate! A pair of ALL the world's animals could certainly fit on a boat 135 meters long, 23 meters wide, and 14 meters high. :hysterical: I wonder how Noah managed to capture a pair of all the species that nobody even knew existed at the time? :headscratch:

Not just by twos. Some by sevens. So now it is much more impossible!

Peace and Blessings

The intentional killing of a person isn't always murder....unless you are willing to call a whole lot of war veterans murderers too.

God differentiates between War and Murder.

Murder might easily be described as for your own personal gain or revenge.

War can be righteous or unrighteous I am sure. Especially the one that starts it.

One reason they were supposed to seek the council of God before doing things that may be Murderous.

Peace and Blessings

God differentiates between War and Murder.

Murder might easily be described as for your own personal gain or revenge.

War can be righteous or unrighteous I am sure. Especially the one that starts it.

One reason they were supposed to seek the council of God before doing things that may be Murderous.

Peace and Blessings

Well didn't God wipe out all man and animal on the Earth out of revenge? This God fellow should be doing hard time at Riker's!!

So were the Crusades okay then, because they were killing in the name of God?

What about the 9/11 terrorists? Are they okay? They were killing in the name of their God.

God doesn't tell you to kill random people. In fact, he tells you not to kill anyone. He tells everyone to obey the laws of the land. One of the ten commandments says, "thou shalt not commit murder." Those people were wrong. Just because they killed in the name of their god doesn't mean that God told them to.

Plenty of fossil record of failures in evolution. Dinosaurs ring a bell? You don't see them grazing in the prairies anymore do you? They failed. Homo erectus? Neanderthal? Those are just some more recent (in evolutionary terms) examples. Or do you have some neighbor with a pet Sabertooth Tiger?

Well, I did, but they moved away!

I am wondering where the cross animal plant thing is? The plant that tried to evolve with some of the good animal genetics but kept some of the good plant genetics. Where is the line of things that came between the what ever and the platypus? Any plants with eyes or wings? Lizards with flower tails? Evolution is about change and not all change is good or works. Nor does it fail right from the start. In fact, the odds state that very little of the changes would be for good for very long. So where are those oddities?

Cant use homo anything because they keep changing it. First it was this, then that, then Leaky with Lucy. He changed her build/mold/design so many times it is ridiculous! Then they found Ice man and they toss Lucy to the ditch. Wonder what they will find next that will work only so long as they need it to before they move on to the next 'it'?

Peace and Blessings

I don't need to see the wind to know it is there. It can be scientifically proven to exist. I can't see my DNA either, but I know it's there. It has been scientifically proven. See the difference here? I'm guessing not.

How has wind been scientifically proven to exist?

Well didn't God wipe out all man and animal on the Earth out of revenge? This God fellow should be doing hard time at Riker's!!

He killed all those people because they were so wicked. He didn't wipe out ALL mankind. Noah and his family survived because they were the only righteous people on Earth. God is not a "fellow." He is the Almighty.

That's easy. The difference here is that you have chosen to only trust Science. But I bet you pick and choose there and only believe some science and disbelieve other science right? ;)

Peace and Blessings