ZELEDYNE by ACH

ZELEDYNE

by

ACH

We were told this is what our new outdoor sign would read.

Could this be called "union busting at its finest" or was this a true transfer of ownership?

Union busting and wage busting. How would you like to go from $28 an hour to $14.50 overnight? And how about that "management" team? :drop:

We were told yesterday that "there would not be any openings anywhere in the Ford system other than Chicago and Kansas City after the buyouts" by an IUAW rep. How do they know this in advance? Could something fishy be going on?

Maybe you misunderstood Mr. Frank Keatts, or took it out of context. I spoke with Frank late yesterday afternoon and proposed the same question. Frank told me that with sales and downsizing that he did not see many openings to come available. He did say that he could not tell what might come up. He said the plants with openings would be posted company wide and any ACH employee or anyone in GEN could sign up.

We were told yesterday that "there would not be any openings anywhere in the Ford system other than Chicago and Kansas City after the buyouts" by an IUAW rep. How do they know this in advance? Could something fishy be going on?

There are still Ford plants with TPT's from the last buyout besides the plants they are offering. There will be other openings after the buyouts for other plants. They are just trying to clear you guys out now. They told us the same thing and the next thing you know after everyone transferred there were openings all over.

LOUISVILLE -- Louisville's two Ford plants had few temporary employees over the years, but as many as 500 "temps" have been hired in recent months to fill in for workers who accepted buyouts from the troubled automaker.

President Rocky Comito of United Auto Workers Local 862 says the temporary workers earn 70 percent of the typical full-time union wage. For an assembly worker, that would mean almost 19 dollars an hour.

Ford spokeswoman Marcey Evans says the temporary workers don't receive health insurance or accrue seniority. She says there are no plans to offer any of them full-time jobs. Evans declined to comment on the number of temporary workers in Louisville, but said the strategy is being used at other Ford plants as needed.

Evans says most temporary workers are at the Louisville Assembly Plant on Fern Valley Road because more employees from that plant took buyouts. Others are picking up shifts at the Kentucky Truck Plant on Chamberlain Lane.

Edited by AUTOWORKER11

Looks like the closure date has been extended.

Heard the same thing a few minutes ago. Our Union Rep told us that it had to do with Financial issues, nothing contractual. He said to go ahead and continue to sign up for your package as if nothing happened. I say that the deadline will be extended once again. "Go Figure

AUTOWORKER 11, Do you believe there maybe a slight snowballs chance in hell that Louisville might take some transfers when the corporate buyouts come available? Just your opinion

Heard the same thing a few minutes ago. Our Union Rep told us that it had to do with Financial issues, nothing contractual. He said to go ahead and continue to sign up for your package as if nothing happened. I say that the deadline will be extended once again. "Go Figure

AUTOWORKER 11, Do you believe there maybe a slight snowballs chance in hell that Louisville might take some transfers when the corporate buyouts come available? Just your opinion

Our chairman got the news on the way to our union meeting today (the one for day shift). Said that the sale was postponed because of financial reasons. WTF? They want us to sign up for packages and we don't even have all the answers. How do they expect us to make life changing decisions without answers? How long have they been working on this fk'd up deal anyway? 9 months now? And they don't have this stuff figured out yet? No contingency plans for this? Who is more fk't up? The company(we always knew they were) or the Interfreekenational Union? And why isn't the window being extended? :banmolest: Can you feel it going in yet?

Our chairman got the news on the way to our union meeting today (the one for day shift). Said that the sale was postponed because of financial reasons. WTF? They want us to sign up for packages and we don't even have all the answers. How do they expect us to make life changing decisions without answers? How long have they been working on this fk'd up deal anyway? 9 months now? And they don't have this stuff figured out yet? No contingency plans for this? Who is more fk't up? The company(we always knew they were) or the Interfreekenational Union? And why isn't the window being extended? :banmolest: Can you feel it going in yet?

It will be sold or closed...so what do you need an extension for?? Price's money backer backed out because of the delay in the transfer because of the ratification. Now...the banks lending has tightened up!! I heard it should be resolved real soon.

PS. by the look on your face...you seem to like that position!!

Probably holding out to get management even more pay. They will be ex-ford people you know! No, maybe 4 weeks vacation is not enough. They might even want some of our 1 week. :finger:

It will be sold or closed...so what do you need an extension for?? Price's money backer backed out because of the delay in the transfer because of the ratification. Now...the banks lending has tightened up!! I heard it should be resolved real soon.

PS. by the look on your face...you seem to like that position!!

"It will be sold or closed"....Captain, you have to understand what position we are in. Those of us who signed up to transfer (like me) are just now coming to terms with moving our families away from our homes and re adjusting. And for those of them that signed up to stay with Zeledyne, that's what they were planning on. Getting the 140,000 to go with the new company and still have a job at home. If the Plant is CLOSED instead of SOLD, we will all be in JSP with nothing and trying to readjust our lives that way (that is why we voted YES on the contract, so we would have options). Some people, it might make a difference to them to take a buyout. Right now we are planning on transferring or Staying with the new company (having a job). But if the only option is to go to JSP, well then some might rather take a buyout. But, who knows when all of this will be squared away. The Buyout timeline may be over......then what?

All I can say is (to be fair to us) Ford and the UAW should be liable to carryout the promises of transfers on the timeline promised and give the people who signed up to stay the 140,000 promised whether or not collecting JSP because this isn't our fault, we voted YES on the new contract. We should not be expected just to sit around day after day and wonder where our life will be next week.

There are still Ford plants with TPT's from the last buyout besides the plants they are offering. There will be other openings after the buyouts for other plants. They are just trying to clear you guys out now. They told us the same thing and the next thing you know after everyone transferred there were openings all over.

LOUISVILLE -- Louisville's two Ford plants had few temporary employees over the years, but as many as 500 "temps" have been hired in recent months to fill in for workers who accepted buyouts from the troubled automaker.

President Rocky Comito of United Auto Workers Local 862 says the temporary workers earn 70 percent of the typical full-time union wage. For an assembly worker, that would mean almost 19 dollars an hour.

Ford spokeswoman Marcey Evans says the temporary workers don't receive health insurance or accrue seniority. She says there are no plans to offer any of them full-time jobs. Evans declined to comment on the number of temporary workers in Louisville, but said the strategy is being used at other Ford plants as needed.

Evans says most temporary workers are at the Louisville Assembly Plant on Fern Valley Road because more employees from that plant took buyouts. Others are picking up shifts at the Kentucky Truck Plant on Chamberlain Lane.

There are NO Temporay workers at Louisville Assembly Plant they all were let go a few months ago.

"It will be sold or closed"....Captain, you have to understand what position we are in. Those of us who signed up to transfer (like me) are just now coming to terms with moving our families away from our homes and re adjusting. And for those of them that signed up to stay with Zeledyne, that's what they were planning on. Getting the 140,000 to go with the new company and still have a job at home. If the Plant is CLOSED instead of SOLD, we will all be in JSP with nothing and trying to readjust our lives that way (that is why we voted YES on the contract, so we would have options). Some people, it might make a difference to them to take a buyout. Right now we are planning on transferring or Staying with the new company (having a job). But if the only option is to go to JSP, well then some might rather take a buyout. But, who knows when all of this will be squared away. The Buyout timeline may be over......then what?

All I can say is (to be fair to us) Ford and the UAW should be liable to carryout the promises of transfers on the timeline promised and give the people who signed up to stay the 140,000 promised whether or not collecting JSP because this isn't our fault, we voted YES on the new contract. We should not be expected just to sit around day after day and wonder where our life will be next week.

No...No...you are right. I just don't know what extending the window will do?? If the deal fails and they end up shutting the doors then these offers will most likely be back, not extending it though. Extending it creates a different window for some which could lead to legal problems!! That is why it will probably not be extended!! This deal will go through...hang in there. Now this may delay any moving, but that will probably be better for someone trying to sell a home. Good luck guys/gals!!

No...No...you are right. I just don't know what extending the window will do?? If the deal fails and they end up shutting the doors then these offers will most likely be back, not extending it though. Extending it creates a different window for some which could lead to legal problems!! That is why it will probably not be extended!! This deal will go through...hang in there. Now this may delay any moving, but that will probably be better for someone trying to sell a home. Good luck guys/gals!!

Well miracles of miracles, we finally agree on something, this deal will more than likely happen. It worked out for some that were right on the edge of getting enough time in to get a package or retirement. I am glad for the hourly and salaried that have put in their time and will now have something going forward.

BTW, why did they call all of the un-needed supervisors back? They didn't need them yesterday why do they need them today? :headscratch:

Well miracles of miracles, we finally agree on something, this deal will more than likely happen. It worked out for some that were right on the edge of getting enough time in to get a package or retirement. I am glad for the hourly and salaried that have put in their time and will now have something going forward.

BTW, why did they call all of the un-needed supervisors back? They didn't need them yesterday why do they need them today? :headscratch:

Now, don't get me wrong...if this deal goes through...there will not be anyother windows...The only reason I say there would be is because at all closed facilities they have offered packages. You and others are under the impression it is sold so I am sure they would work something out if it did not sell!! Again, I was just suggesting that if it falls through, but I really do not think that it will, they are almost there I heard. Good luck!!

Now, don't get me wrong...if this deal goes through...there will not be anyother windows...The only reason I say there would be is because at all closed facilities they have offered packages. You and others are under the impression it is sold so I am sure they would work something out if it did not sell!! Again, I was just suggesting that if it falls through, but I really do not think that it will, they are almost there I heard. Good luck!!

The problem stems from the investors backing away. I is like a person wanting to by a restaurant and doesn't know a fork from a knife. Also, look at the Board of Directrors. Not a one in the bunch that know anything about glass. Will it happen? Probably but we are going to rock on for now. :rockon: