Flex Leg Room?

ELlover

With gas prices being as bad as they are right now I am tossing the idea of getting something smaller when my lease is up. Has anyone sat in the Flex yet? If so how is the leg room? I am tall (6'5) so I have a hard time fitting comfortably in cars. I have 4 kids so I wouldnt be able to get the Edge (which I like) so the Flex seems like a good option.

I have not sat in the Flex, but you can go sit in a Taurus X for comparison.

The first row has 40" , second row has 44" and third row has 33" - The only difference from the Taurus X is the second row which has about 5 extra inches of room. Relatedly, the second row slides, so the legroom in second row and third row legrooms are "variable"

I drove the Taurus X and my 5'11" frame had no trouble fitting it - I would not want to sit in the 3rd row for more than say 2 hours as I had no space for my FEET (not legs/knees, but feet), but otherwise I was fine.

The Flex offers the same space as GM Lambdas but more 2nd row space, however a Minivan still offers you more space - especially in the third row - the Sienna has 40" in second and 39" in third row of seats.

Igor

Edited by igor

I have not sat in the Flex, but you can go sit in a Taurus X for comparison.

The first row has 40" , second row has 44" and third row has 33" - The only difference from the Taurus X is the second row which has about 5 extra inches of room. Relatedly, the second row slides, so the legroom in second row and third row legrooms are "variable"

I drove the Taurus X and my 5'11" frame had no trouble fitting it - I would not want to sit in the 3rd row for more than say 2 hours as I had no space for my FEET (not legs/knees, but feet), but otherwise I was fine.

The Flex offers the same space as GM Lambdas but more 2nd row space, however a Minivan still offers you more space - especially in the third row - the Sienna has 40" in second and 39" in third row of seats.

Igor

Thanks Igor! 44" inches is pretty good for the second row. I have not sat in the taurus x. I do fit in my mustang but I will not sit in it for a long time as my knees almost touch the dash!! :censored: I never sit in the 3rd row of any SUV so that is fine, plus I usually drive anyway!

I think the Flex might be a good option for those that need the seating but do not want a mini van or a large SUV because of gas. Gas prices right now are starting to scare me, in So Cal right now 87 octane is $3.60 and going up!!!

Thanks again for your input, cant wait to see one!

Thanks Igor! 44" inches is pretty good for the second row. I have not sat in the taurus x. I do fit in my mustang but I will not sit in it for a long time as my knees almost touch the dash!! :censored: I never sit in the 3rd row of any SUV so that is fine, plus I usually drive anyway!

I think the Flex might be a good option for those that need the seating but do not want a mini van or a large SUV because of gas. Gas prices right now are starting to scare me, in So Cal right now 87 octane is $3.60 and going up!!!

Thanks again for your input, cant wait to see one!

Man, I thought we had it bad here at $3.20 a gallon for regular.

• 1 month later...

I sat in a few Flex vehicles. I'm 6'4" and when sitting in the drivers seat I actually had to move it forward and up because I felt like some punk sitting really low. Even after moving the seat up I still had about 4" of headroom.

Then I sat behind myself and moved the second row seat as forward as it will go...plenty of leg and head room. Then I slid the second row seat as far back as possible and it felt like I was in a limo.

I have not tried the third row yet, but it looks okay for a quick 10 minute drunk ride home from the pub.

I sat in a few Flex vehicles. I'm 6'4" and when sitting in the drivers seat I actually had to move it forward and up because I felt like some punk sitting really low. Even after moving the seat up I still had about 4" of headroom.

Then I sat behind myself and moved the second row seat as forward as it will go...plenty of leg and head room. Then I slid the second row seat as far back as possible and it felt like I was in a limo.

I have not tried the third row yet, but it looks okay for a quick 10 minute drunk ride home from the pub.

Sounds pretty impressive, I can't wait to sit in/see one.

I sat in one at the NY Autoshow....it was my favorite vehicle of the show by far, and I sat in a lot of cars that day.....you can almost get a 4th row in this thing!!!

The 3rd row has as much room as the backseat of my 2007 C-class.

Hot!

Edited by sammin

I sat in one at the NY Autoshow....it was my favorite vehicle of the show by far, and I sat in a lot of cars that day.....you can almost get a 4th row in this thing!!!

The 3rd row has as much room as the backseat of my 2007 C-class.

Hot!

yes, I sat in one in New York as well - and the extra 2nd row space pays off -as the seats slide forwards MUCH further. When slid all the way forward, the 3rd row was room to stretch, and there was still a lot of space left for 2nd row as well.

It is simply incredible that Ford built the flex so well - all the details on it are simply amazing.

igor

yes, I sat in one in New York as well - and the extra 2nd row space pays off -as the seats slide forwards MUCH further. When slid all the way forward, the 3rd row was room to stretch, and there was still a lot of space left for 2nd row as well.

It is simply incredible that Ford built the flex so well - all the details on it are simply amazing.

igor

Do you (or does anyone) know when they (and MKS for that matter) will be arriving at dealerships?