Diesel for F150 and Ranger

gafry

When will Ford get going and offer a Diesel for the Ford F150 and the Ranger?

How about leading the Truck industry and not following Dodge or GM

That's a good question. There are engines waiting in the wings. There is a new 3.6-litre V8 diesel with 275bhp ready and waiting but we are waiting for the management. This will have a CGI block. Also about to come into view is a 335 BHP 4.4-litre V8. It just needs someone to say GO. And I am sure the job could be done very quickly. This is the time for Ford to bite the bullet and not be caught napping. get ahead of the pack.

ddieselman

That's a good question. There are engines waiting in the wings. There is a new 3.6-litre V8 diesel with 275bhp ready and waiting but we are waiting for the management. This will have a CGI block. Also about to come into view is a 335 BHP 4.4-litre V8. It just needs someone to say GO. And I am sure the job could be done very quickly. This is the time for Ford to bite the bullet and not be caught napping. get ahead of the pack.

ddieselman

Are these engine International Diesel engines or Ford engines??

Ford lead the way to increased fuel mileage and don't follow.

There is no other excuse for the non existance of the 4.5PS F-150 other then sheer stupidity at Ford. You dont know HOW MANY times this has come up at the dealership over the years. If you say 'F150 diesel' at a Ford dealer around 5 strangers, 4 will talk to you about it for an hour about the utter disbelief that it does not exist.......and the 5th stranger will utter 'im not getting into THAT again'. This motor should also replace the 6.0 in the E-series. As many (literally) hundreds of times I have heard this come up, our commercial salespeople have heard it THOUSANDS of times.

After trying to figure out a reason why its not here, there is only one-blatent stupidity.

Its actually physically painfull to even think about it if you are a Ford fan, as much so as the lack of the C1 Focus in the US.

There is no other excuse for the non existance of the 4.5PS F-150 other then sheer stupidity at Ford. You dont know HOW MANY times this has come up at the dealership over the years. If you say 'F150 diesel' at a Ford dealer around 5 strangers, 4 will talk to you about it for an hour about the utter disbelief that it does not exist.......and the 5th stranger will utter 'im not getting into THAT again'. This motor should also replace the 6.0 in the E-series. As many (literally) hundreds of times I have heard this come up, our commercial salespeople have heard it THOUSANDS of times.

S.

"I cant believe it doesnt exist!" Yeah... I guess they same the same at GM, Dodge, Nissan and Toyota dealers too.

And buddy... it would have been stupid to put the 4.5 in the F150. Absolute sheer stupidity. The 6.0 is the biggest piece of crap they've ever put into an F-Series... so by extension, the 4.5 would have been an equally shitty engine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
What "Ford news" are you talking about, do you have a link?

Just read that the 4,4 litre will be poured in Brazil and put together in the US. Huge numbers.

"Brazil: Tupy set for more CGI work

By John Mortimer

20 April, 2006

Source: AWKnowledge

A Brazilian foundry has been given the nod that it will be making cylinder blocks for the upcoming Ford 4.4-litre V8 diesel engine that will power future F150 pickups.

Tupy SA, of Joinville, Brazil, looks set to produce the first phase of cylinder blocks.....

Edited by CGI