Ford Fiesta is Star of the Show

range

Except for the fact that Farley said we wouldn't get it until calendar year 2010.

Recently people said Ford shouldn't show off the Fusion re-fresh at New York, when it comes out in less than a year, but they already showed the Fiesta and it won't be out for at least 2 more years. I don't see the logic, plus with gas prices going through the roof, Ford sure could use this here ASAP.

Except for the fact that Farley said we wouldn't get it until calendar year 2010.

Recently people said Ford shouldn't show off the Fusion re-fresh at New York, when it comes out in less than a year, but they already showed the Fiesta and it won't be out for at least 2 more years. I don't see the logic, plus with gas prices going through the roof, Ford sure could use this here ASAP.

It has been widely stated that it would be here a year after Europe. It was already unveiled there. May as well show it here and let people look at it. Not quite the same as the Fusion situation. Farley may have been mistaken or misquoted. I still believe it will be here before the end of 2009. If there is any delay, it's likely due to the production facility not being ready in time.

i love this little car and don,t really care what they choose to call it either . I DO HOPE IT GETS HERE FOR 09 THOUGH WITH GAS PRICES SOARING DAILY 3.33 for reg todat in the fingerlakes this car is sorely needed,however what we don,t need is another stodgy beast the focus has turned into i really felt that they had something with the 2.3 z-tec what a shme to put that one to sleep i currently drive an04 taurus and average about 19.2 miles a galon in the winter and about22.3 miles per gallon in the summer. If they can get this fiesta to market with this new direct injection engine horsepower can substantially be increased with at least the same EPA figures as the now current z-tec engine platform. much to often has ford choosen to detune it,s little fourbangers please i repeat please don,t do this with this car offer a detuned smog hog sure for the masses but give us a hot little car for once in the states ford stop treating us like children here willo you?!!!!!

i love this little car and don,t really care what they choose to call it either . I DO HOPE IT GETS HERE FOR 09 THOUGH WITH GAS PRICES SOARING DAILY 3.33 for reg todat in the fingerlakes this car is sorely needed,however what we don,t need is another stodgy beast the focus has turned into i really felt that they had something with the 2.3 z-tec what a shme to put that one to sleep i currently drive an04 taurus and average about 19.2 miles a galon in the winter and about22.3 miles per gallon in the summer. If they can get this fiesta to market with this new direct injection engine horsepower can substantially be increased with at least the same EPA figures as the now current z-tec engine platform. much to often has ford choosen to detune it,s little fourbangers please i repeat please don,t do this with this car offer a detuned smog hog sure for the masses but give us a hot little car for once in the states ford stop treating us like children here willo you?!!!!!

Umm...the Zetecs have been dead for some time now. The 2.3 and current 2.0 are in the Duratec family, with the 2.3 being replaced by a 2.5 soon. The 2.5 will be stronger and more efficient than the 2.3. As for the Fiesta, it won't see any of those engines here. 1.6 liter Duratec will be the only powertrain choice at launch in the US, which seems sufficient to me.

It has been widely stated that it would be here a year after Europe. It was already unveiled there. May as well show it here and let people look at it. Not quite the same as the Fusion situation. Farley may have been mistaken or misquoted. I still believe it will be here before the end of 2009. If there is any delay, it's likely due to the production facility not being ready in time.

“The new Ford Fiesta captures every aspect of what’s defined Ford as a small-car leader in Europe and builds on it in terms of driving dynamics and design. When it arrives in North America in 2010, the Ford Fiesta will set a new standard in the small car segment.”

http://ford.digitalsnippets.com/2008/02/15...te-ford-fiesta/

The new subcompact will go on sale this year in Europe, but the U.S. will have to wait until 2010 to get the vehicle, something Ford of Europe CEO John Fleming says is a result of the high cost of European manufacturing (the model for the U.S. will be built elsewhere)

http://wardsauto.com/ar/ford_decide_fiesta/strong global demand for small vehicles.

"The car will be in Europe a couple of years before it gets to the U.S. Farley says it's important the American consumer knows it's on the way."

http://www.discoverhybridcars.com/hybrid-c...new-verve-sedan

It goes on sale in Europe late this year, 2 years after that is 2010, not 2009, it's very basic math, I don't know where people get this idea that it'll be on dealer lots next yearin 09.