KC Transfers

Lap Dog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shrug:

People that transferred up here to AAI have been told that they will be allowed to transfer to KCAP as a RTBU (home REGION rather then home unit or plant since SLAP has closed). In fact, I believe everyone was told that THEY would have first rights over GEN. They were first told that they would be moving in the spring of this year, then summer time and now I have heard "sometime" this year. Yet, I understand the GEN people are already arriving there -- so something just doesn't quite jive. Don't know if that fits the JSP definitions.....?

I heard this myself straight fom an INTERNATIONAL rep's mouth, not just the rumor mill.

So once again --- It IS until it isn't.

:headspin:

Sorry but I didnt see you refer to RTBU in your other post. Good luck... BTW, just becasue an I-onion said it doesnt mean its true or it will come true. But hey prayers dont hurt. Happy Easter.

Sorry but I didnt see you refer to RTBU in your other post. Good luck... BTW, just becasue an I-onion said it doesnt mean its true or it will come true. But hey prayers dont hurt. Happy Easter.

I don't believe anything the INTERNATIONAL says until it actually happens. You would think they would let the St.Louis people transfer to KCAP because they want to transfer out of state. This would free up some flowback space at AAI for the people who do not want to relocate out of state from SE Michigan. You would think the Union and the company would help these people get back near there families. HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE.

I don't believe anything the INTERNATIONAL says until it actually happens. You would think they would let the St.Louis people transfer to KCAP because they want to transfer out of state. This would free up some flowback space at AAI for the people who do not want to relocate out of state from SE Michigan. You would think the Union and the company would help these people get back near there families. HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE.

Since when have you known FORD to give a rat's ass about union member's wants to be close to their families? NEVER. Isn't it all about getting Bill down to Florida on his private jet to be near HIS loved ones? It's not about you or I, my friend!!! We are only a number, a pion that can be replaced by a two-tier union member in the blink of an eye so why lift a finger to make our lives cozy and comfy? Sad but possibly true.

Think about it, the more miserable they can make you the more folks throw their hands up in disgust and sign their names on the dotted line for a buyout - or whatever.

Times are-a changin my friend and it don't look purty at all.

Happy Easter and good luck on your quest getting home!

Since when have you known FORD to give a rat's ass about union member's wants to be close to their families? NEVER. Isn't it all about getting Bill down to Florida on his private jet to be near HIS loved ones? It's not about you or I, my friend!!! We are only a number, a pion that can be replaced by a two-tier union member in the blink of an eye so why lift a finger to make our lives cozy and comfy? Sad but possibly true.

Think about it, the more miserable they can make you the more folks throw their hands up in disgust and sign their names on the dotted line for a buyout - or whatever.

Times are-a changin my friend and it don't look purty at all.

Happy Easter and good luck on your quest getting home!

You Got that right! In the 70's, we HAD to go to Minne F'in sota , while Milan had openings. Ford told us then, if you don't like it return back to your basic unit, and "wait" to get called elsewhere. Same ol' BS, just with a new group of people. Good luck to all of you.

Do you know when KCAP Escape plans a line speed increase and by how many units? Thanks

The line speed increase will be 2 units per hour and is suppose to happen by mid April. It will not add a lot of jobs though. Some additional jobs will be added in Trim and Chassis but I don't think there will be many in Paint and Body.

We are in the process of setting up the IP line in SUV to insource the IP's back into the plant. This will add about 28 jobs per shift. Production will start on the 2009 units but will be intergrated in starting around May. This is one of the reasons to transfer people in right away. They want people on the IP for the special builds that are being ran now.

The line speed increase will be 2 units per hour and is suppose to happen by mid April. It will not add a lot of jobs though. Some additional jobs will be added in Trim and Chassis but I don't think there will be many in Paint and Body.

We are in the process of setting up the IP line in SUV to insource the IP's back into the plant. This will add about 28 jobs per shift. Production will start on the 2009 units but will be intergrated in starting around May. This is one of the reasons to transfer people in right away. They want people on the IP for the special builds that are being ran now.

Looks like 22 people will be showing up Monday the 31st from different locations. There will be 11 production people and 11 Skilled Trades. All the Trades are electricians. Suppose to get the next group on April 14 which will be about 30 total. Some of the Skilled Trades will be coming from Tulsa and Nashville but haven't seen anything on the Production people from either of these yet.