Aluminum Oxidation

sharabi1

I have a new gt500, i noticed on it this powdery stuff mainly on the aluminum components, i asked the dealer about it, the answer am getting from them is that it is a normal process, All aluminum parts would do that. I would like to know if any one else had a similar issue, or is it true for such a new car to have corrosion starting already. i know it could be harsh cleaner the dealer used to detail the car on delivery but they denied that. i never used any thing on the engine. the car is driven twice in the snow.

Receipt Date: 10/5/2007

Serialize Date: 11/15/2007

Segment Date: 11/15/2007

Sequence Date: 11/29/2007

Blend Date: 11/30/2007

Produced Date: 12/10/2007

GT500001.jpg

GT500002.jpg

GT500003.jpg

I tried to clean with microfiber cloth and water only but did not come out completely.

Any help is greatly appreciated, i had posted it on team shelby and very few had similar issues but some with no prepping of the car at the dealer, they took delivery of her in plastic wraps.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...25098&st=20

thx.

Hi sharabi1. :D This is normal. Unpolished and unprotected aluminum will develop this "patina".

That is one of the reasons why aluminum wheels are polished and/or clearcoated.

Good luck with your GT500. They are beautiful cars. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi sharabi1. :D This is normal. Unpolished and unprotected aluminum will develop this "patina".

That is one of the reason why aluminum wheels are polished and/or clearcoated.

Good luck with your GT500. They are beautiful cars. :beerchug:

When the factory powder coated those parts didn't they have a protecting finish on them.

thx ...i love my gt500.

When the factory powder coated those parts didn't they have a protecting finish on them.

thx ...i love my gt500.

I don't think the engine bay parts were powder coated. Ford doesn't even paint the axles. <<<They will flash rush, but not cause a problem. I know people, when restoring old cars, who will clear coat the aluminum valve covers (high temp engine paint) and paint the cad plated bolts with a gold mix (they were originally just oiled).

I don't think the engine bay parts were powder coated. Ford doesn't even paint the axles. <<<They will flash rush, but not cause a problem. I know people, when restoring old cars, who will clear coat the aluminum valve covers (high temp engine paint) and paint the cad plated bolts with a gold mix (they were originally just oiled).

thx, at least that gives me the peace of mind knowing that this is not unusual. great forum ...great people.