Plant list of opening via International

GBI

At the time of the vote for the contract, we where told by international, that they where putting a web site together. That way you would be able to go to it and check to see what plants would have openings, and the number of openings they have. Now, has anyone seen such a web site as of yet. And with all of the current layoffs and tranquil plants closings, this would be crucial info. There are a lot of families at risk here. So I’m going out on a limb to ask does our union or the company really have a concern about us.

Anyway the list would be a great help to those that want to transfer to another plant.

:idea:

anyone have any numbers at the plants that are taking people?

Edited by GBI

At the time of the vote for the contract, we where told by international, that they where putting a web site together. That way you would be able to go to it and check to see what plants would have openings, and the number of openings they have. Now, has anyone seen such a web site as of yet. And with all of the current layoffs and tranquil plants closings, this would be crucial info. There are a lot of families at risk here. So I’m going out on a limb to ask does our union or the company really have a concern about us.

Anyway the list would be a great help to those that want to transfer to another plant.

:idea:

I don't know what plant you are from but there will be openings at AAI, Dearborn Truck and Wayne Assembly for sure!! KC for those at tulsa/nashville. Not sure of the numbers yet.

Around 94 have RTBU to the E. Side, so no openings on the E. Side. (sorry had to edit wrong number)

Around 500 have RTBU to Michigan Truck, so I don't see many openings there.

Chicago, Livonia and louisville could be losing a shift for some time.

Couple at WoodHaven Forge.

Woodhaven stamp is not sure yet!

The web site or whatever they are going to use is not up yet. These openings will be driven by buy out numbers and the packages will not be complete until tomorrow! They should have a better understanding of where exact openings are. again not sure on the web site as of yet!! They are around 3000 that have signed as of this morning and that is about 25-28% of where the company actually wanted to be at.

I am don't know whether or not there will be sufficient timing once they recieve the initial buy out numbers so it will be tough to get on a web site, but they may have something up and running after for those who do not get the opportunity because of seniority or just a plain refusal. Good Luck!

Edited by Captain723

PS. Don't go out on a limb when you already have that answer......if the UAW did not care about you they would not have negotiated you the right to transfer. It is a shty situation, but hang in there brother/sister the I-Union will take care of us the best they can in these trying times!! :titanic: We have the life boats on the way!! It will be your choice to chose or not chose to take the life rope! Good Luck!

I don't know what plant you are from but there will be openings at AAI, Dearborn Truck and Wayne Assembly for sure!! KC for those at tulsa/nashville. Not sure of the numbers yet.

Around 400 have RTBU to the E. Side, so no openings on the E. Side.

Around 500 have RTBU to Michigan Truck, so I don't see many openings there.

Chicago, Livonia and louisville could be losing a shift for some time.

Couple at WoodHaven Forge.

Woodhaven stamp is not sure yet!

The web site or whatever they are going to use is not up yet. These openings will be driven by buy out numbers and the packages will not be complete until tomorrow! They should have a better understanding of where exact openings are. again not sure on the web site as of yet!! They are around 3000 that have signed as of this morning and that is about 25-28% of where the company actually wanted to be at.

I am don't know whether or not there will be sufficient timing once they recieve the initial buy out numbers so it will be tough to get on a web site, but they may have something up and running after for those who do not get the opportunity because of seniority or just a plain refusal. Good Luck!

Don't count on anyone coming to Woodhaven Stamping. Last I heard, they only had 32 people sign up for buyouts. The company said it wants 168 buyouts, with 125 coming from the trades!!

Don't count on anyone coming to Woodhaven Stamping. Last I heard, they only had 32 people sign up for buyouts. The company said it wants 168 buyouts, with 125 coming from the trades!!

trades wanted me to ask if there is any openings for electricians or machine repair that any one knows of

trades wanted me to ask if there is any openings for electricians or machine repair that any one knows of

In Tulsa, we were told that there were machine repair openings at Lima Engine....it doesn't sound that way though. Are there some MR laid off right now? Does it look to you like there would be any places for Machine Repair from ACH plants?

In Tulsa, we were told that there were machine repair openings at Lima Engine....it doesn't sound that way though. Are there some MR laid off right now? Does it look to you like there would be any places for Machine Repair from ACH plants?

We were told at MSP that there is alot of MR waiting for job's in the system. We have 11 in JSP waiting for job's 1 with 35 years in. Yes Lima Engine has MR in lay off.

At the time of the vote for the contract, we where told by international, that they where putting a web site together. That way you would be able to go to it and check to see what plants would have openings, and the number of openings they have. Now, has anyone seen such a web site as of yet.

I am not sure on the priority status or the unique development timing, but I do know that several websites are being devised and updated due to the new 2007 contract. A National online Training Matrix for the skilled trades will take around 8 months to develop and be online, all new digital formatting and online availablitiy for Health & Safety program materials and manuals, The JSP online tracking is a huge endeavor, along with several other updates. Now I am not an IT guy, but I do know these programs, server setups, data input etc take quite a while to fund, develop and bring online. Everyone is anxious to utilize all of them. I too am waiting for the day they are complete, and I believe you are correct that they will be a great tool for the membership to utilize. But 6 months from now is not unreasonable for the size and scope of programming being done.