Buyout takers beware!!

WOODY_HAYES

Hello former Ford brothers and sisters,

I just wanted to let those of you who are taking or have taken a buyout what happened to me and could happen to you. I worked at Monroe until Dec 2006 when I took the buyout (100,000 vtep), the day after I left I started at chrysler. About 8 months later I was laid off for shutdown(no vac time) and filed for unemployment. DENIED!!! Seems as though Ford Motor Co believes that the 23 month allocation period is for everyone who takes the vtep. WRONG!!! They said I was ineligable for unemployment until November 2008, even though I was claiming on Chrysler. Well after alot of denials from Mi unemployment, I decided to take Ford to a hearing in front of a judge. I represented myself and brought the buyout paperwork with me which clearly states that the allocation period is 23 months **during which retirement is not permitted. Doesn't say anything about unemployment ineligablity. I WON!!! So for any of you who may be going through this, fight them, the law is on our side. Who knows, you could be laid off for a long time and without unemployment benefits that buyout money won't last.

So, how's Chrysler treating you today? HA HA You could have stayed at Ford and still be working their today, and in the future, couldn't you?

Apparently Michigan has a very lax law. In almost every other state in the union, you would have been termed a voluntary quit and still not eligible.

I'm sure the case isn't over yet.

So, how's Chrysler treating you today? HA HA You could have stayed at Ford and still be working their today, and in the future, couldn't you?

Apparently Michigan has a very lax law. In almost every other state in the union, you would have been termed a voluntary quit and still not eligible.

Chrysler sucks, but I still make $32.00hr and am up $100,000(68,000 real money). By the way, Monroe is scheduled to close in the summer. So no, I probably would not be working for long. And yes, the case is over since ford did not appeal and I have already recieved back pay from unemployment. But you are missing my point and that is to help former or soon to be former Ford workers if this arises in their lives.

ASSHOLE

dont be hatin'!

you're just sore cause he got the buyout, got the job at chrysler, and won his case!

GO BUCKEYES! :hysterical:

Snakesjelly, I think JJ@Batavia directed that towards Critic. You need to read the quote to see the author, and the reponse is usually directed to the quote author, not the thread starter. FYI.

I just wanted to let those of you who are taking or have taken a buyout what happened to me and could happen to you. I worked at Monroe until Dec 2006 when I took the buyout (100,000 vtep), the day after I left I started at chrysler. About 8 months later I was laid off for shutdown(no vac time) and filed for unemployment. DENIED!!! Seems as though Ford Motor Co believes that the 23 month allocation period is for everyone who takes the vtep. WRONG!!! They said I was ineligable for unemployment until November 2008, even though I was claiming on Chrysler. Well after alot of denials from Mi unemployment, I decided to take Ford to a hearing in front of a judge. I represented myself and brought the buyout paperwork with me which clearly states that the allocation period is 23 months **during which retirement is not permitted. Doesn't say anything about unemployment ineligablity. I WON!!! So for any of you who may be going through this, fight them, the law is on our side. Who knows, you could be laid off for a long time and without unemployment benefits that buyout money won't last.

I was told by our benefit rep that when we made $2,750 thru another company we would be eligible for unemployment, so 9 months after I took the buy-out I was laid off for a couple of weeks and the fun began. I spoke to many people in the state of Michigan and they said that I was still on the Ford payroll, according to the books we are getting paid weekly until November 2008 by Ford so that is why I got denied. If I am still on the pay-roll, then this time should be going toward my pension.

Thank you for sharing your experience and the thought to let us all know.... we REALLY need more people ON OUR SIDE rather than all the haters and assholes <----- you know who you are. :nonono:

Can you please explain in a little more detail what they mean by 23 month allocation? Curious.

Chrysler sucks, but I still make $32.00hr and am up $100,000(68,000 real money). By the way, Monroe is scheduled to close in the summer. So no, I probably would not be working for long. And yes, the case is over since ford did not appeal and I have already recieved back pay from unemployment. But you are missing my point and that is to help former or soon to be former Ford workers if this arises in their lives.

Excellently put! It amazes me that people actually choose to be assholes at every chance they get and break their own arm trying to pat themselves on the back. Yet YOU are the one who made the RIGHT decision with a fat buyout check and STILL kept your AutoWorker job! Well done!

Obviously the other guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Thank you again for your help!

Thank you for sharing your experience and the thought to let us all know.... we REALLY need more people ON OUR SIDE rather than all the haters and assholes <----- you know who you are. :nonono:

Can you please explain in a little more detail what they mean by 23 month allocation? Curious.

They (Ford) are calling the 23 month allocation period the time in which your money is supposed too last therefore we are not eligible for unemployment. However, since they did not state that specifically I brought the case to a hearing in front of a judge and won. The fact is they only state that the 23 month allocation period is the period in which retirement is not permitted. After that period retirement eligle employees will become eligible for post retirement health care and life insurance. I am 40 years old so this did not effect me, so I fought them on it and won. I hope this helps you. It just pisses me off that even after we leave, big corporations still try too screw the little guy!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Excellently put! It amazes me that people actually choose to be assholes at every chance they get and break their own arm trying to pat themselves on the back. Yet YOU are the one who made the RIGHT decision with a fat buyout check and STILL kept your AutoWorker job! Well done!

Obviously the other guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Thank you again for your help!

capt.e209a6bd81d9e50e8ee11ac297e7e021.jpeg

I found it for him!! :stirpot:

know_from_hole_in_the_ground.gif

Just in case you are wondering!! :hysterical:

Edited by Captain723

They (Ford) are calling the 23 month allocation period the time in which your money is supposed too last therefore we are not eligible for unemployment. However, since they did not state that specifically I brought the case to a hearing in front of a judge and won. The fact is they only state that the 23 month allocation period is the period in which retirement is not permitted. After that period retirement eligle employees will become eligible for post retirement health care and life insurance. I am 40 years old so this did not effect me, so I fought them on it and won. I hope this helps you. It just pisses me off that even after we leave, big corporations still try too screw the little guy!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Hmmm, It would seem that there MAY JUST be a few members out there that would very much be interested in knowing your case number and what court you won your case, etc. It would also seem that this is going to help QUITE A FEW members, friend! QUITE A FEW.....

I will be sure to bring this up when I get back to work.... I'm sure there will be a few people more than interested in hearing what you have to say. I will be sure to let you know the responses I receive, so check this thread on occasion, would ya???

:beerchug: