Oakville votes NO!!

uglymugs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just checked other news wires and Nothing yet most stations said it wont be until 7 for results

If they voted no.......it's not surprising. Oakville has always been staffed wth a bunch of rebels that think that their value is far more than it really is. The always seem to think that they have the Company by the shorts...........but just watch what happens next. The Edge will soon be resident in a US plant....the Company will say volume requirements necessitated a second source. And then the volume won't be there.....and Oakville will be left in the dust.

Sad to think that there are that many self-centered employees with a rose-coloured view of their net worth to a failing enterprise like Ford.

I was watching CH news at 6:00 and they reported that the results weren't available yet. Watched the show right until it ended, and never saw any story after the original "no info", so I don't know what he was watching.

I was also watching our local news .....

Edited by 30and out I hope

If they voted no.......it's not surprising. Oakville has always been staffed wth a bunch of rebels that think that their value is far more than it really is. The always seem to think that they have the Company by the shorts...........but just watch what happens next. The Edge will soon be resident in a US plant....the Company will say volume requirements necessitated a second source. And then the volume won't be there.....and Oakville will be left in the dust.

Sad to think that there are that many self-centered employees with a rose-coloured view of their net worth to a failing enterprise like Ford.

I don't know about the Edge coming to the States, but i did read a news article about how popular the Edge is in Brazil and how many down there wished they could get one, but with the export tax as it is most can't afford one and then in the same article it talked about Ford investing several billions in the auto assemblies there, that is where my guess it would go.

ch news reports oac voted 56% no

way to go people just couldn't wait to get out of the auditorium. It's only your future, your job. being viable is the name of the game. times change the rules change adapt or your dead in the water This will probably go through with St. Thomas and Windsors vote but that leaves a black eye on Oakville. If members could only give up a couple hours of time to listen and make a reasonable decision. RAH RAH RAH blow your negativity out your ass. If you stopped to listen you would have heard that the average wage has gone up $1 in 25 years. We have doubled. No wonder the media thinks were an bunch of whinny pricks. More vacation than any other mfg industry in North America, and the best pension in North America...............................Better spruce up your resume for 2011.

You think they are self-centered because they are not willing to sell their future workers out?Their net worth to Ford?Ford thinks EVERY employee's (Except Ceo's) net worth is zero because in their eyes if you make more than a Mexican or Chinese worker you are overpaid.Do you really think they are rebels for standing up against corporate greed?Or do you also think they make too much?Just because the Uaw sold out future workers does not mean they have too also.If they can fight Corporate greed and win they should be comended not chastised by other union members.

:banghead: you people should know that the results do not come out that quick dont believe evey thing you read on hear.i work a bramale parts it looks like we will take it

It says on CAW.CA that results will be made available at 10pm est on Sunday,May4th........haven't heard results anywhere yet.

OTP@OAC.....do I know you? You just quoted the first thing I heard in '86 when I put my first screw in.......I truly hope......pray it's a majority YES ........51% like in the States. Like that vote they had in 05. Or Canadian CAW Auto workers will be whistling DIXIE! " WAY DOWN YONDER IN THE LAND OF COTTON "

Ed.

OTP@OAC.....do I know you? You just quoted the first thing I heard in '86 when I put my first screw in.......I truly hope......pray it's a majority YES ........51% like in the States. Like that vote they had in 05. Or Canadian CAW Auto workers will be whistling DIXIE! " WAY DOWN YONDER IN THE LAND OF COTTON "

Ed.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/businessNews...225963220080505

sorry for the double post, but he must have missed the news!

Man! Glad to see there is some sanity out there. Want to yell whoo hoooo, as I'm but covering my head, taking my lumps.............................to live to win another day.

Ed.

I was at the meeting and at no time did Buzz tell us any bullshit,all the stuff he and Jim Stanford talked about is all backed up by the news and at no time did they lie to us,I am glad to see real people with brains outway the naysayers who could not come up with a better deal,or guarantee us that there could be a better deal if we waited till sept, and our only alternative was to strike. Well if my family and I could move in to your house that you live in with your mom and dad, and had a guarantee we can stay for free till we are back up on feet, then I would of voted no,but as anything in life, nothing is guaranteed.

I was at the meeting and at no time did Buzz tell us any bullshit,all the stuff he and Jim Stanford talked about is all backed up by the news and at no time did they lie to us,I am glad to see real people with brains outway the naysayers who could not come up with a better deal,or guarantee us that there could be a better deal if we waited till sept, and our only alternative was to strike. Well if my family and I could move in to your house that you live in with your mom and dad, and had a guarantee we can stay for free till we are back up on feet, then I would of voted no,but as anything in life, nothing is guaranteed.

With no product for STAP in this agreement, maybe me and my family can come live with you and your mom and dad.

Edited by xstapr