Seeking info about KTP

Can anyone provide some insight into the seniority at your plant? I know a couple of people that have put in for a transfer to KTP with 06/1990 and 02/1993...where would they fall on your current seniority list. Someone was trying to tell me that they would both fall in the top 10-15%, I didn't think KTP was that young?

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

What are the start times of the current shifts? Are they adding shifts in body and paint? We were told our transfers had to be out there by June 23rd, what's the rush? Why do you guys need people so bad?

Thanks!

Trim starts at 5:30 am and 5:30 pm. Chassis, Frame, Engine and I think the Tire room all start at 6:00am and 6:00pm. All of Final are working four 10 hour days. Monady thru Thursday.

Body and Paint are on three shifts at 8 hours a day. They start at 11:00pm on Sunday night. Dayshift starts at 7:00am Monday morning. The afternoon shift starts at 3:00pm on Monday afternoon.

I can not rember what the start times and stuff for the stamping area are right now.

As for the senority of these "two" people I am not sure where they will fall into place here.

We just came off a down week and we heard some bad news. It seems that we have lost about 10,000 orders while we were off. It looks like we are going to be experinancing some more down weeks soon. From what I hear these down weeks will be thru the end of the year. If the order bank stays below 30,000 units we could lose a shift per the rumor. Right now I will say just spin that mighty wheel of luck and see where you wind up. If these "two" people you talk about came from KTP to begin with then they might have a chance to come back but I am not sure how it works. Do thye have to be laid off first?

I think there is at least 120 people with 1999 senority that might be laid off that will have the chance to come here first. After that then it will be by senority of the people who got laid off. And if my math is some what correct it would not get back to the "two" people you talk about. I think it would fall somewhere in the Nov. 1999 range.

Maybe I am wrong, if so I know someone on here will correct me.

Can anyone provide some insight into the seniority at your plant? I know a couple of people that have put in for a transfer to KTP with 06/1990 and 02/1993...where would they fall on your current seniority list. Someone was trying to tell me that they would both fall in the top 10-15%, I didn't think KTP was that young?

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

What are the start times of the current shifts? Are they adding shifts in body and paint? We were told our transfers had to be out there by June 23rd, what's the rush? Why do you guys need people so bad?

Thanks!

I have May 1989 seniority and I am in the top 10 percent before this last buyout happened. So I would say the 1990 is in the top 10 percent. Ktp is a young plant now with all the buyouts.

I heard that only 5 people that came from KTP agreed to go back. Now they are saying that they are going to give people with seniority and opportunity to go to KTP. We'll see. Won't be many take it, my guess about 30 or 40. The other 70-80 will come from the youngest being forced to go back. Least that's what we are hearing.

Thanks for the information!

I heard that only 5 people that came from KTP agreed to go back. Now they are saying that they are going to give people with seniority and opportunity to go to KTP. We'll see. Won't be many take it, my guess about 30 or 40. The other 70-80 will come from the youngest being forced to go back. Least that's what we are hearing.

Thanks for the information!

could you please explain further? can they force the people that came from KTP to go back?

could you please explain further? can they force the people that came from KTP to go back?

from what i heard they are looking for approx 88 people to go to ktp, since they didn't get the number from ktp originals, so they will start at the top of the senority list and ask if people want to transfer, then procceed to the bottom , if they don't get the people, they will then take the lowest on seniority and go up to what ever number they need and force them to ktp, so if yes they have low seniorty they can forced to go back to ktp, or just be laid off like the rest of night shift

from what i heard they are looking for approx 88 people to go to ktp, since they didn't get the number from ktp originals, so they will start at the top of the senority list and ask if people want to transfer, then procceed to the bottom , if they don't get the people, they will then take the lowest on seniority and go up to what ever number they need and force them to ktp, so if yes they have low seniorty they can forced to go back to ktp, or just be laid off like the rest of night shift

yeah, thanks for the info that sounds about right. i'll probably just go to KTP then. why risk being laid off and getting transferred somewhere else when you can just go work across town?

Why would they be forced back? They have 1 offer to go back to KTP, they refuse thats one offer Ford has given them. They get one more offer to go any where and they refuse, then won't they be finished with Ford. Ford has given them two offers. Now they are done untill LAP adds anothern shift or a new product where they would need people.

from what i was told, that since lap and ktp are in the same zone it is not considered astrike against you,

also i was told if you leave lap and go to ktp, you the only time you will get to come back to lap is, 1) when they bring back the shift and they hire the new 14-15 hr workers, they will call you first, but they may mean after all of laid off people come back, remember you are still working at ktp, so why bring you back to work at lap, this way everyone is placed into jobs before you come back, 2) at end of the contract of 011, this was told by my comitteeman, so just check into things first , you don't want to go to ktp , be at the bottom and get laid off from there, but everyone has their own situiations to deal with , so good luck with your decision, i'll be making the same one myself, just cya, take care of number 1 or you will step in number 2

Only a lazy dumbass would turn down KTP in hopes that they could sit on their ass for 2 years. Ford will offer u 2 jobs in the next 9-month and they wont be KTP again, more like Wayne adding at lest 400 workers buy September, Kansas city, or DPT. Sorry guys but your vacation will be short. Just ask yourself do you want to gamble and wait and see, or take a job in the same city. BTY I have 95 and I’m in the top 20% came from LAP and wont be coming back…

Edited by homerhero

I would still check your contract and talk to your building chairman or talk to the president. The reason I say this is because if I remember correctly, the only ones that will have a chance to come to KTP are the ones that are getting laid off.

Now I say this because a few years ago when we sent some people to LAP, some people here with more senority wanted to go to LAP and were refused. The reason was that during a RIF (reduction in force) the low senority would be the ones to go. Now if this holds true then after asking the people who came from KTP, wants to stay at LAP then at that point it would become their home plant.

THEN THEY WOULD ASK THE TOP SENORITY PEOPLE WHO ARE LAID OFF NEXT. At this point I am not sure how they determine who will come to KTP after all the laid off people are asked. Remember we still have Union Brothers and Sisters who are laid off at other plants.

Now all of this can go out the window if the Local makes some kinda deal for all of our Local Brothers and Sisters. Would this be right I just do not know at this point. Things have/andd are changing everyday.

Good luck to all.

Why would they be forced back? They have 1 offer to go back to KTP, they refuse thats one offer Ford has given them. They get one more offer to go any where and they refuse, then won't they be finished with Ford. Ford has given them two offers. Now they are done untill LAP adds anothern shift or a new product where they would need people.

I don't know if you are in the same zone, but if you are in the same zone. They will ask for volentear then low seniority is forced. You cann't refuse in zone placement there is know such thing as two strikes in zone.

Edited by wixom22

I don't know if you are in the same zone, but if you are in the same zone. They will ask for volentear then low seniority is forced. You cann't refuse in zone placement there is know such thing as two strikes in zone.

Yes, we are in the same zone. Also in the same local UAW 862. We have our union meetings together. We do have two union halls and alternate monthly union meetings back in forth each month.

Since we are on this topic, I will be coming to KTP as Sheet Metal. Chuck Browning was suppose to call our local this past Friday giving us our transfer dates, But......Never did. Have any of you heard when Sheet Metal is suppose to be coming in?

Also, What is the senority for sheet metal there?, What shifts are you all working?, and are you all working any overtime?

I am looking at a house in Jeffersonville, IN, Any of you know about this area(Crime, Cost of Living vs. Louisville, High School)? Any and All information would and is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance to all my brothers and sisters

Edited by TN_TINMAN

Since we are on this topic, I will be coming to KTP as Sheet Metal. Chuck Browning was suppose to call our local this past Friday giving us our transfer dates, But......Never did. Have any of you heard when Sheet Metal is suppose to be coming in?

Also, What is the senority for sheet metal there?, What shifts are you all working?, and are you all working any overtime?

I am looking at a house in Jeffersonville, IN, Any of you know about this area(Crime, Cost of Living vs. Louisville, High School)? Any and All information would and is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance to all my brothers and sisters

tn tinman...just sent you a message.

Only a lazy dumbass would turn down KTP in hopes that they could sit on their ass for 2 years. Ford will offer u 2 jobs in the next 9-month and they wont be KTP again, more like Wayne adding at lest 400 workers buy September, Kansas city, or DPT. Sorry guys but your vacation will be short. Just ask yourself do you want to gamble and wait and see, or take a job in the same city. BTY I have 95 and I’m in the top 20% came from LAP and wont be coming back…
where are you getting your info about job openings? why would wayne bring in 400 people , i know the focus is selling, but i am sure the shift that is layed off at mtp, would go to wayne before anybody from ky, plus you have the other ford facilties in mich, that are downsizing also, plus you have the acher's with more time than the people from lap, for dtp and kc , plus also at ktp isn't there scheduled down weeks, between now and the rest of the year, gas and diesal will only go up in price, so this follows the same pattern the suv plants went thru the last couple of years, down weeks off, then shift lay-offs, isn't there talk off lay-offs coming up at ktp soon, if so , what is the difference is there being layed off at ktp or layed-off at lap, plus you also have cap going to one shift

where are you getting your info about job openings? why would wayne bring in 400 people , i know the focus is selling, but i am sure the shift that is layed off at mtp, would go to wayne before anybody from ky, plus you have the other ford facilties in mich, that are downsizing also, plus you have the acher's with more time than the people from lap, for dtp and kc , plus also at ktp isn't there scheduled down weeks, between now and the rest of the year, gas and diesal will only go up in price, so this follows the same pattern the suv plants went thru the last couple of years, down weeks off, then shift lay-offs, isn't there talk off lay-offs coming up at ktp soon, if so , what is the difference is there being layed off at ktp or layed-off at lap, plus you also have cap going to one shift

Cap has about 400 temp so the layoffs there will mostly be temps. As for the 400 at Wayne there either adding a shit or increasing the line speed and will need that many people. The gen is almost empty only skill trades are left.

The current facts about TLO's for KTP are as follows.

1. The week of June 2, 2008.

2. The week of July 21, 2008.

3. At least one per month after shutdown.

Now as before, as things change, so then must we. At this point I am fairly confident that the first two will happen. The rest is more of a wait and see thing. If fuel prices continue to go up then, those weeks would be set in stone.

The current facts about TLO's for KTP are as follows.

1. The week of June 2, 2008.

2. The week of July 21, 2008.

3. At least one per month after shutdown.

Now as before, as things change, so then must we. At this point I am fairly confident that the first two will happen. The rest is more of a wait and see thing. If fuel prices continue to go up then, those weeks would be set in stone.

Thanks for the info, I know here in MI the diesel prices are out of control, and the trucks just aren't selling.We have seen cutbacks in our diesel products.Just wondering what the summer will be like.

Guys if you only relized how lucky you really are you would not be complaining. I know for a fact that there are many in Nashville that would love the oppurtunity to go to Louisville. We had several hundred take buyouts because they didn't want to go to Kansas City. I would say that out of those that took buyouts more than 80% would have gone up the road 200 miles. Guys just be thankful you only have to go across town instead of 600 miles.

Guys if you only relized how lucky you really are you would not be complaining. I know for a fact that there are many in Nashville that would love the oppurtunity to go to Louisville. We had several hundred take buyouts because they didn't want to go to Kansas City. I would say that out of those that took buyouts more than 80% would have gone up the road 200 miles. Guys just be thankful you only have to go across town instead of 600 miles.

AMEN to that...i'm in Indy and would transfer yesterday if I could...missed my chance about 5 years ago...oh well, i'll be "riding the storm out"

Has anyone heard of any TLOs, for KTP related to the recent decline in orders?Was wondering if they told you of any specific weeks, or is just all still rumors?

I hear the order bank dropped 10000 last week and more weeks in June are possible.