Ford Sterling Plant

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many weeks will we get off this summer... I think 5 or 6 what do you guys and Gauls think.... Also when will we be going back to Vandyke..

memo posted at vandyke friday, says 32 sterling rtbu to be coming back after shutdown. We were wondering are those the late may and june 2000 people that were forced to go to sterling?

memo posted at vandyke friday, says 32 sterling rtbu to be coming back after shutdown. We were wondering are those the late may and june 2000 people that were forced to go to sterling?

I have a few friends with 76 seniority and 94 and 95...I think about 6 or 7 have 2000 seniority. Hope that helps.

they shouldn't be....

the ones coming back got laid off at VD then went to Wixom first then to Sterling. A couple are sons of friends here at VD.

There are many with 76 seniority here...so don't beleive what yoru hearing...not saying they are all 76 but afew are..the rest is like 95 96 and a few 2000.

I am thinking we have a very tuff road ahead..from what I was told we have a 2 year problem. Volumes will not go up they will go down.

Could be as many as 400-500 too many people for that time period. Not sure what the solution is. Again, from what I understand TLO's are not going to cut it for the long run. Dave and Jeff have been creative so far...but I am not sure what they have left in the bag of tricks.

The good news is the local funds are up big time due to those wage and expense cuts Jeff made last year..almost double in one year.

The plant is in sad shape. Anyone know how the local agreement is coming? I heard Jeff finished one at Royal Oak ford and with our Engineering people...what's going on with us? I asked Jeff, He said he did not sit in on the Hourly negotiation because he was in National and then Royal oak then salary he did not have time with the organizing he is doing also. I can understand that, but I wish we could have him dedicated to our negotiations maybe it would get done.

I hear trades is the issue...makes sense since the two people negotiating are Dave and Neil or yeah Jerry Payn... :hysterical: .

Let's go easy on them Trades, Eagle. :shades:

But you are right every agreement is complete except ours. That's alot of shit for a Pres to do....asking him to do the local also would be a stretch...We will be fine, we do have Dave on it...

I am thinking we have a very tuff road ahead..from what I was told we have a 2 year problem. Volumes will not go up they will go down.

Could be as many as 400-500 too many people for that time period. Not sure what the solution is. Again, from what I understand TLO's are not going to cut it for the long run. Dave and Jeff have been creative so far...but I am not sure what they have left in the bag of tricks.

The good news is the local funds are up big time due to those wage and expense cuts Jeff made last year..almost double in one year.

The plant is in sad shape. Anyone know how the local agreement is coming? I heard Jeff finished one at Royal Oak ford and with our Engineering people...what's going on with us? I asked Jeff, He said he did not sit in on the Hourly negotiation because he was in National and then Royal oak then salary he did not have time with the organizing he is doing also. I can understand that, but I wish we could have him dedicated to our negotiations maybe it would get done.

I hear trades is the issue...makes sense since the two people negotiating are Dave and Neil or yeah Jerry Payn... :hysterical: .

I think it will be fine, VD has a different problem.....production will be growing, but that will only be short term with the launch on new work, but some old work will be leaving. So I think the growing numbers will only be short term. I hope the East side finds more work or it will be back to Dearborn!! :cry:

Looks like a number of TLO weeks coming with all the truck plants going down around shut down and after shut down should be a Long TLO summer... :banghead:

Just Heard Today we will be 200 people heavy after shutdown.ILO coming and going back to 98for starters? Can anybody confirm this? Or just another RUMOR!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Looks like a number of TLO weeks coming with all the truck plants going down around shut down and after shut down should be a Long TLO summer... :banghead:

Summer full of golfing and drinking.....I really think volumes will pick up a little more than expected. It is summer...sales always picks up! At least I am keepig my fingers crossed for DTP sake!! :cry:

Summer full of golfing and drinking.....I really think volumes will pick up a little more than expected. It is summer...sales always picks up! At least I am keepig my fingers crossed for DTP sake!! :cry:

All I know is that its going to get bad before we get new work! I would expect an ILO..... Unless Dave Dooley can pull another rabbit out of his hat...... Also would like wish every one a happy memorial day....see you on Tuesday...

All I know is that its going to get bad before we get new work! I would expect an ILO..... Unless Dave Dooley can pull another rabbit out of his hat...... Also would like wish every one a happy memorial day....see you on Tuesday...

ILO.....ILO.....all we can do is just go with it.Anybody know how far back it is going?GO WINGS!!!!! :banghead:

Edited by TheEagle

They may be old but they are keeping us working! And as for the local they are just robbing us blind...I would also like to see some younger guys move up the ranks and get some of these appointed jobs that are coming up.. I would also say there will be a big union shake up or change before long....... :stats:

They may be old but they are keeping us working! And as for the local they are just robbing us blind...I would also like to see some younger guys move up the ranks and get some of these appointed jobs that are coming up.. I would also say there will be a big union shake up or change before long....... :stats:
Edited by TheEagle

Funny the local is robbing us blind??? HOW? they cut wages and the bottom line is up by almost 200k.

AT LEAST JEFF GOT 3 AGREEMENTS DONE...HOW MANY HAS DAVE COMPLETEED??? 0 :shades:

THESE GUYS ARE AS OLD AS DUST AND NEED TO GO. There should be a union shake up Dave,Neil and Jeff with Cal need to retire and leave.

I think the shake up is coming earlier than later..don't worry all the young guns are sticking together to get rid of the HIGH seniority leaches.

Dave is working hard to get the black vote...promising them the moon...can't you tell by all the appointments he made?

WHAT IS THE "BLACK" VOTE AND HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

JEFF IS DEFINITELY NOT AS OLD AS DUST.

DID YOU KNOW THAT WHEN MEN REACH 50 THEY GROW WORMS IN THEIR BEHINDS? :shades:

Funny the local is robbing us blind??? HOW? they cut wages and the bottom line is up by almost 200k.

Well lets see Robbing us blind would have have to be 2 guys over there getting a retirement then getting paid by our local as far as I'm concerned they are fucking all of us low seniority people....If we didn't have to pay them maybe the local would of made another $100,000 what do you think Eagle! (Didn't you run for one of those jobs over there) just my two seance....

Well lets see Robbing us blind would have have to be 2 guys over there getting a retirement then getting paid by our local as far as I'm concerned they are fucking all of us low seniority people....If we didn't have to pay them maybe the local would of made another $100,000 what do you think Eagle! (Didn't you run for one of those jobs over there) just my two seance....

WELL...TERRY AND CAL WERE VOTED IN. YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THAT THEN TALK TO THE MEMBERSHIP. YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO GET IN NEXT TIME THEN TALK TO THE MEMBERSHIP. HAVE YOU BEEN TO ANY OF THE UNION CLASSES? BLACK LAKE?RAN FOR OFFICE?HELD A POSITION IN OFFICE? I DOUBT IT.

BY THE WAY, THE CORRECT SPELLING OF CENTS IS: CENTS, NOT SEANCE. DUMBASS!!!

I do not want the two retirees there but the membership voted for them also...the membership did not vote for dave neil and jerry...and btw....the reason the appointed jobs go to people with 30 years or more (especially skilled or black production women) is because of your boy dooley...."you have to have wiskers" he must mean wiskers long enough to tickle his bowls.

He appointed everyone on his bowling team and a few of his girlfriends....so cmon dude what are you talking about? I could go on and on...

Jerry Payne for job security rep? this guy is as old as dust...and get this...our committeeman or x committeman..because he could only handle half a term at it is going to get the quality job from what I hear....what joke...this guy has no experience and he gets everything he wants...John Combs it must pay to kiss Neil Wallyns ass all day on the golf course...

Sterling please tell me your smarter than that dude.

Edited by TheEagle

Yes I ran for one of those jobs but lost...I do not want the two retirees there but the membership voted for them also...the membership did not vote for dave neil and jerry...and btw....the reason the appointed job go to people with 30 years or more is because of your boy dooley...."you have to have wiskers" he must mean wiskers long enough to tickle his bowls.

He appointed everyone on his bowling team and a few of his girlfriends....so cmon dude what are you talking about? I could go on and on...

Jerry Payn for job security rep this guy is as old as dust...and get this...our committeeman or x committeman..because he could only handle half a term at it is going to get the quality job from what I hear....what joke...this guy has no experience and he gets everything he wants...it must pay to suck Neil Wallyns ass all day on the golf course...

Sterling please tel me your smarter than that dude.

LOOK EAGLE, THE REASON DAVE NEIL AND JERRY GOT IN IS BECAUSE THEY RAN UNOPPOSED(YOU KNOW THIS). AGAIN, NO ONE FROM THE MEMBERSHIP HAD ENOUGH COURAGE TO RUN AGAINST THEM. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHO IS IN OFFICE AND WHO GETS CAKE JOBS THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, RUN AGAIN.

YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT DAVE'S BALLS AND NEIL'S ASS......WHAT GIVES?

JEALOUS THAT YOU AREN'T THE ONE WHO IS DOING THE KISSING AND TICKLING? :kissass:

LOOK EAGLE, THE REASON DAVE NEIL AND JERRY GOT IN IS BECAUSE THEY RAN UNOPPOSED(YOU KNOW THIS). AGAIN, NO ONE FROM THE MEMBERSHIP HAD ENOUGH COURAGE TO RUN AGAINST THEM. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHO IS IN OFFICE AND WHO GETS CAKE JOBS THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, RUN AGAIN.

YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT DAVE'S BALLS AND NEIL'S ASS......WHAT GIVES?

JEALOUS THAT YOU AREN'T THE ONE WHO IS DOING THE KISSING AND TICKLING? :kissass:

Snakes,

I might be one of those committemen who have been elected longer than Dave Dooley has...Oh wait that's almost all of us in the room.

So, am I jealous or just down right disgusted? :censored:

It is time for Dooley and Wallyn and Payne with Cal and Terry to take a buyout and leave after this term is up.

The same buyout they have been pumping up everyones ass for two years.

Dooley will have 50 years and be like almost 70 man, cmon....I like Dave but enough is enough. :banghead:

Bring in the next generation...these guys are just taking up space..We have a President and a Recording Secretary for the future.

The rest of the jobs need to be filled by people who have somthing to loose in all of this. Thats my opinion... :reading:

By the way. I heard that Dooley already hired one fo his relatives as a cleaner in the plant witha few others as well. Thats pretty sad...No Lottery anymore? King Dave just picks em as he chooses? :redcard:

I am just tired of the same old bs in the plant. No information for the people on the shop floor from our bargaining committee..we find out from ALan Mullullay like everyone else in the plant while they sit on info. Like the attendance policy that suppossedly know one knew anything about until we called Jeff at the local to get the answer. Don't get me started. We need a young Chairman like Jeff or someone else who will answer the phone and be seen on the shop floor as chairman should. Have plant info meetings like we used to...what we don't have floor space right?? :shades:

You should know be an ex elected person yourself. :shades:

WELL...TERRY AND CAL WERE VOTED IN. YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THAT THEN TALK TO THE MEMBERSHIP. YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO GET IN NEXT TIME THEN TALK TO THE MEMBERSHIP. HAVE YOU BEEN TO ANY OF THE UNION CLASSES? BLACK LAKE?RAN FOR OFFICE?HELD A POSITION IN OFFICE? I DOUBT IT.

BY THE WAY, THE CORRECT SPELLING OF CENTS IS: CENTS, NOT SEANCE. DUMBASS!!!

Sorry about the spell check problem there! And yes I have been to black lake and to all the classes at the region and I have held a position and im still in that position for the last couple of terms...But what do I no! Like I said just my two cents.....BETTER

Edited by Sterling worker

Sorry about the spell check problem there! And yes I have been to black lake and to all the classes at the region and I have held a postion and im still in that postion for the last couple of turms...But what do I no! LIke I said just my two cents.....BETTER

Terms.... :hysterical: