Ford Sterling Plant

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wakeup,Ihave question for you.If there ever becomes openings at sterling(lord knows that won't happen) Do the people in sterling JSP come back first???????And word on poss BUYOUTS AGAIN???? Thanks

As I was stating months ago....Yes, people from Sterling have the right to RTBU. However, people from other plants can not come to Sterling or Rawsonville.. :ohsnap:

This was negotiated at National Negotiations and works well for Sterling people...but makes it harder for others to find a place to land (if Sterling ever hired again.) 2-3 years from now. :reading:

It's almost like Sterling has a transfer agreement with all eastside plants but noone can come to Sterling. :shades:

I am sure they will come with buyouts....They won't stop buyouts...You can get a buyout right now if you ask...I know more than one who has...

Edited by wakeup

As I was stating months ago....Yes, people from Sterling have the right to RTBU. However, people from other plants can not come to Sterling or Rawsonville.. :ohsnap:

This was negotiated at National Negotiations and works well for Sterling people...but makes it harder for others to find a place to land (if Sterling ever hired again.) 2-3 years from now. :reading:

It's almost like Sterling has a transfer agreement with all eastside plants but noone can come to Sterling. :shades:

I am sure they will come with buyouts....They won't stop buyouts...You can get a buyout right now if you ask...I know more than one who has...

THANKS,Please keep posting any info you get(good or bad)Seems to me you are right on...Good Luck to all 228 brother and sisters!!Keep making the BEST AXLE Ford has ever seen.

not really worried, i as you have 15 years at that plant, just my time as an electrician is low. thinking i should take 100% of my tools out this week in case i end up somewhere else at a later date.

Are you going to be effected? VanDyke is taking a few trades. Are you on days?

Does any one Know how many people are in GEN at Local 400 (Utica, Chesterfield, Romeo.) Production and Trades. Thanks

Approx 400 more people to leave Utica. Chesterfield Gen was combined with Utica. Romeo currently has no Gen.

so 400 at Utica to be placed.

:banghead:

Sterling's JSP people best chance is for Sterling to hire back.600 people is not good for anybody.GOOD LUCK to all 228 brother and sisters. :banghead::banghead:

I am betting on Sterling bouncing back...we have 2 years of this shit for sure.......... :banghead::banghead:

If we don't have a Dave as Chairman and a Jeff as National Negotiator next contract I may get a little nervous.

As long as Dave stays and Jeff stays we should be in the best hands we could be in at Sterling anyway.

I am calm so far..

Does anyone know when Ford plans on jumping back into Fleet sales?

Approx 400 more people to leave Utica. Chesterfield Gen was combined with Utica. Romeo currently has no Gen.

so 400 at Utica to be placed.

If they have so many people in GEN then why is Vandyke picking up flow backers with 30 years from Utica? I have a friend that has 14 years and he is still working at Utica so he says!!!! Do you how many of that number is trades...

In Solidarity....

Sterling Worker

If they have so many people in GEN then why is Vandyke picking up flow backers with 30 years from Utica? I have a friend that has 14 years and he is still working at Utica so he says!!!! Do you how many of that number is trades...

In Solidarity....

Sterling Worker

Your right I should have been more clear...There are about 400 people from 400 that need to be placed. Some are still working. My Bad.

I am uncertain right now but I will try to find out fast. What is your specific question?

How many tradesmen are in Gen at 400?

Your right I should have been more clear...There are about 400 people from 400 that need to be placed. Some are still working. My Bad.

I am uncertain right now but I will try to find out fast. What is your specific question?

How many tradesmen are in Gen at 400?

Yes, That would be my?

So what you are saying they have 400 left in the plant or that are in GEN?

So if they still have people working and they are moving people with 30 plus years for flow back, then they don't have a GEN pool with production in it? It just doesn't make sense to me...So What do you guys and gals think...

In Solidarity....

Sterling Worker

Edited by Sterling worker

Yes, That would be my?

So what you are saying they have 400 left in the plant or that are in GEN?

So if they still have people working and they are moving people with 30 plus years for flow back, then they don't have a GEN pool with production in it? It just doesn't make sense to me...So What do you guys and gals think...

In Solidarity....

Sterling Worker

The have approx 400 left in plant. AFter shutdown that drops a bit again to approx 300 and JSP increases

200 production and 34 trades in JSP

after shutdown 260 production and 54 trades in JSP

yes option if we had high senority,how can we go before high senority from utica?? i cant see it.

I meant nobody can beat us out of Sterling because they won't be allowed in but we will be allowed back.

So we have the best of both worlds in that reguard.

Those of us in STERLINGS JSP are thankful for that.

That's from National Agreement zone #2 language.

I heard a rumor that Dave and Jeff are talking about using the local for JSP for those that want the 100%. Supposedly, Jeff is going to be handling the community service projects for everyone who is in JSP. ANyone else hear about this?

(Part of the agreement is that you have to be willing to do non traditional jobs) Like goto a homeless shelter and feed people etc..