Ford Sterling Plant

everyone i talked to got a call to report to jsp, nothing about van dyke yet, gotta see what the senority is across the whole zone.

I hear that most that are working shutdown right now are whining, they locked the gates and checking them in after lunch. :stirpot:

Thanks, Just herd that the posting went up Comp. wide because no one was in jsp at the time they put it up. 70 something going to Vandyke after shut down dont know how true that is....

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone i talked to got a call to report to jsp, nothing about van dyke yet, gotta see what the senority is across the whole zone.

I hear that most that are working shutdown right now are whining, they locked the gates and checking them in after lunch. :stirpot:

Just got done working shutdown and it was the worse LOCKDOWN i have ever worked.Even the plant mgr walking around bi***ing about stuff and writting up the few people she could find

Great,since we started our JSP on july 21st.Does this mean we have no chance on these jobs :banghead:

Won't matter because we have a JSP everyone in the plant has the opportunity to put in for those jobs. They will likely never make it to you or myself because we won't have "enough seniority". I asked already. The guys with seniority tho ill put in for VanDyke and should create openings at Sterling for a back fill. Thats how I understand it could work.

Am I right?

Just got done working shutdown and it was the worse LOCKDOWN i have ever worked.Even the plant mgr walking around bi***ing about stuff and writting up the few people she could

Lockdown? You mean you had to check in and out like Production people do everyday? Why don't you guys get Dooley and The Boys to have a bowling match up? I am sure that will solve the issue. :hysterical:

Won't matter because we have a JSP everyone in the plant has the opportunity to put in for those jobs. They will likely never make it to you or myself because we won't have "enough seniority". I asked already. The guys with seniority tho ill put in for VanDyke and should create openings at Sterling for a back fill. Thats how I understand it could work.

Am I right?

If someone from Sterling that has more seniority than those in gen goes to another plant from a posting, they are supposed to place someone from from gen at Sterling on a one for one basis. Whether this is this way it goes down is yet to be seen. We shall see soon I suppose.

Am I right?

hell no sterling will never have a back fill again if ever they will have those 14 dollar people from now on

The JSP people will be in Cafeteria #2 and start at 6am

Does any one know if you can opt out of the 100% before even reporting and take the 85% option? i signed up for the 100% option just till i got a job, now i have a couple lined up but need to start the day that i am suppose to report for JSP. thinking i can call LR since that lady said she would be there this week, hoping i can opt out this week.

AT RAWS WE WENT IN ON THE FIRST DAY FOR LIKE 20 MINUTES FILLED OUT OUR PAPERWORK AND WENT TO BREAKFAST. I TRIED NOT TO GO, BUT THEY SAID WE HAD TO.

Thanks, Just herd that the posting went up Comp. wide because no one was in jsp at the time they put it up. 70 something going to Vandyke after shut down dont know how true that is....

NO POSTING OF THAT SORT AT RAWS. ONLY WAYNE, BUFFALO, AUTO ALLIANCE, AND LIMA ENGINE

so what you are saying is sterling JSP are never coming back!!!!!Good Luck with the buydowns coming then!!!!!!!! :stirpot::stirpot:

no im not saying jsp wont come back im just saying anyone layed off from any other plant wont be coming to sterling.

no im not saying jsp wont come back im just saying anyone layed off from any other plant wont be coming to sterling.

Thats how our President explained it to me.

We will be able to come back to Sterling under RTBU...but nobody else will be able to come back to Sterling no matter how much seniority they have.

That is like a super transfer agreement that benifits our plant more than any other?

Lockdown? You mean you had to check in and out like Production people do everyday? Why don't you guys get Dooley and The Boys to have a bowling match up? I am sure that will solve the issue. :hysterical:

come on now, we all know that trades have been under the microscope for well over a year now, and the only ones getting away with not checking out is the departments that still have numbers.

come on now, we all know that trades have been under the microscope for well over a year now, and the only ones getting away with not checking out is the departments that still have numbers.

I was unaware. Where do you work? Do you think they are just trying to punish the trades guys so the older ones will leave?

Or do you think they just want all the trades out? I don't understand why the older tranes are still working. 40 hours seems like they could do better leaving an getting a part time job collecting retirement?

That is why I beat up your boys a bit. Too much seniority and too much age. There comes a point when you have to say enough is enough.

So how did all you like the first day of JSP? it sucked

definately don't forget an extension cord that has multiple ends on it since there is only 2 recepticles in the room and everyone will be fighting over them for their laptops and dvd players and the guys that can't remember to charge their phones when they are home and unplug the tv to charge the phone.

definately don't forget an extension cord that has multiple ends on it since there is only 2 recepticles in the room and everyone will be fighting over them for their laptops and dvd players and the guys that can't remember to charge their phones when they are home and unplug the tv to charge the phone.

So,any word on what they want the jsp to do for work?I talked to one guy and he said they have no idea!!

they claim they have something drawn up and submitted downtown for approval, but it looks like not many will be in there next week. bunch of trade guys are choosing to go to production, about a dozen of them that i know of.

right now the delay is no one know for sure what counts as an official offer, whether they are only inzone or in and out of zone, no matter who you talk to in the union, they have different answers or no answer at all and can't find it in the book, so if any one knows for sure please tell me the section in the book that it is found.

another question, if the trades people go to production, do they go back to where they came from, or available work? and where is this found in the book. if i can prove it will put them in available work and not where they came from, some may opt out.

So they just canned the guy from HR at noon today, the tall skinny black guy, forgot his name, but i guess his name doesn't matter now since he won't be visiting the jsp anymore.

they claim they have something drawn up and submitted downtown for approval, but it looks like not many will be in there next week. bunch of trade guys are choosing to go to production, about a dozen of them that i know of.

right now the delay is no one know for sure what counts as an official offer, whether they are only inzone or in and out of zone, no matter who you talk to in the union, they have different answers or no answer at all and can't find it in the book, so if any one knows for sure please tell me the section in the book that it is found.

another question, if the trades people go to production, do they go back to where they came from, or available work? and where is this found in the book. if i can prove it will put them in available work and not where they came from, some may opt out.

So they just canned the guy from HR at noon today, the tall skinny black guy, forgot his name, but i guess his name doesn't matter now since he won't be visiting the jsp anymore.

At raws are gen people trades I were told they had to be in gen for two years before they could go back to production they have been there about 20 months as of right now. We have a

lot of apprentices ingen that wanted to go back because they were only on for a very short time. But if they say they can what a griev all missed overtime in production for 20 months

let us know they do.

how many people sitting the room?

how many decided to stay home for the 85%?

everyone has a different situation. but I know which one I would choose!

They did'nt get the 85 until two months ago they did'nt have it worked out yet so they got100 but until just a month ago or so production was working 6 and7 days 12 hours a day.

They lost a lot of money if what you say is right they can go right away to production. Hell 2 years ago when they were all in gen production was still getting sundays.

I understood it at the meeting. Offical offer is when they bring you in a room and you sign a peice of paper stating that this is your FIRST offical offer. That was clear at the meeting at noon that I attended. Right now as it was stated by the guy from International there wont be any offical offers for at least a year because the INT is going to try to go voluntary first.

I don't have a copy of our new conract :stirpot: I could not answer that question. Would be nice if they would give us all a copy.

I understood Dave he was going to let trades go back to thier last held classification if it doesnt exist you will be able to go to like work. (that part came out of Daves mouth)

James Suber- My soul brother from another mother.

That is not offical just what I heard from Dave and the Boys.