Ford Sterling Plant

At raws are gen people trades I were told they had to be in gen for two years before they could go back to production they have been there about 20 months as of right now. We have a

lot of apprentices ingen that wanted to go back because they were only on for a very short time. But if they say they can what a griev all missed overtime in production for 20 months

let us know they do.

they had to of been offered to go to production, its their 1B right if they have production time and i think the writting was the same even before this contract, at any change of status you have that option, as in going into protective status (gen or jsp) or going to inactive status (ILO) but if they get their second offer and get "let go" you can't use that option. (correct me if i am wrong)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many people sitting the room?

how many decided to stay home for the 85%?

everyone has a different situation. but I know which one I would choose!

mass majority i think have not made up their mind yet, i would think no more that 50 will be in the room next week. they have till 3pm friday i think to make up their minds. think we have just over 100 in the room now, and some are waiting for the union guys to answer what offers get held against you, if its only inzone or any zone, i know what they said in the townhall meeting, but most of them changed what they said and now we get that they are "unsure". i am taking the 85% because i just had an interview and i start another job on monday.

they had to of been offered to go to production, its their 1B right if they have production time and i think the writting was the same even before this contract, at any change of status you have that option, as in going into protective status (gen or jsp) or going to inactive status (ILO) but if they get their second offer and get "let go" you can't use that option. (correct me if i am wrong)

That is how it was explained to me, I hope these bastards don't change thier minds. Fing like the wind blows.

Afternoon shift plant manager going around saying that dept. 18,96, and maybe 91 are going down to one shift permanently in august. He also says whats left of midnights is done also. Looks like some people may be getting bumped out of JSP and into ILO status. I do not even know how many people this may affect. Any ideas out there?

Afternoon shift plant manager going around saying that dept. 18,96, and maybe 91 are going down to one shift permanently in august. He also says whats left of midnights is done also. Looks like some people may be getting bumped out of JSP and into ILO status. I do not even know how many people this may affect. Any ideas out there?

I was guessing that the Vandyke postings would absorb most of that? Also, are you sure the JSP number does'nt grow?

I get the part about volume vs. engineering reductions,outsourcing etc.. but, I just don't know how much further they can cut without closing the plant? :censored:

I was guessing that the Vandyke postings would absorb most of that? Also, are you sure the JSP number does'nt grow?

I get the part about volume vs. engineering reductions,outsourcing etc.. but, I just don't know how much further they can cut without closing the plant? :censored:

My buddy over at VD told me that they are getting 70 people from sterling.they told him today around 5pm. Hope this helps.

Tell Sitko to go fuck him self and stop spreading Rumors......Dept.96 has been on one shift production for a year+ now......Dept.91 can't keep up on 1 shift even if the number was 500 trucks a day....

Tell Sitko to go fuck him self and stop spreading Rumors......Dept.96 has been on one shift production for a year+ now......Dept.91 can't keep up on 1 shift even if the number was 500 trucks a day....

U KNOW THAT SITKO IS AN OBESE,SLOPPY WANNA BE ROCK STAR WHO SPREADS RUMORS LIKE A BITCH! DON'T BELIEVE SHIT THAT HE HAS TO SAY.

I guess the next question is ,Can sterling survive without any new work????with DTP AND MTP getting some kind of new car work,will sterling get any axle work out of this??? :reading:

rumor at sterling is half the gen is going to vandyke in two weeks anyone know anything

I am pretty sure they have to post those jobsto everybody in Sterling hasa chance to bid on them and if higher seniority gets the job then they pull people out of gen one for one. That is how it is supposed to work. If not, then there will be some seriously pissed off people cuz that is the way the contract states it.

I am pretty sure they have to post those jobsto everybody in Sterling hasa chance to bid on them and if higher seniority gets the job then they pull people out of gen one for one. That is how it is supposed to work. If not, then there will be some seriously pissed off people cuz that is the way the contract states it.

ya well afternoon committee man is saying this so will see

ya well afternoon committee man is saying this so will see

Tim Williams?? Which committeman because he is completely full of shit and does not understand the contract. They better stick to the contract or a whole bunch of us will going to visit Dave, Neil and Jerry. If we can find thier hiding spots. They are never in their offices.

Lets just hope you are right!!!! my friend! How is every thing going?

hey whats up its going ok sick of sitting around already. plan to go north as so as marvin lets me. talked to someone in gen they said they are treating them like shit like the people did something wrong to get put in there to begin with. talk to ya GGGGG

hey whats up its going ok sick of sitting around already. plan to go north as so as marvin lets me. talked to someone in gen they said they are treating them like shit like the people did something wrong to get put in there to begin with. talk to ya GGGGG

The committe room called the President to the Plant JSP because the Bargaining Committee is hiding

I heard he was able to so far negotiate a TV and get the fan back in the room to circulate the air. That took him an hour of talking to Pat Reid.

One of the committemen said he is the only officer that is going to bat for them.

I guess he is also going to International to get us the same rights everyone else has in their JSP's. They won't let them use electronis devices or play cards or board games. They won't even let them connect their phones to charge them.

At least someone is addressing the issues in JSP. I will take the 85% when it comes to me for sure.

The committe room called the President to the Plant JSP because the Bargaining Committee is hiding

I heard he was able to so far negotiate a TV and get the fan back in the room to circulate the air. That took him an hour of talking to Pat Reid.

One of the committemen said he is the only officer that is going to bat for them.

I guess he is also going to International to get us the same rights everyone else has in their JSP's. They won't let them use electronis devices or play cards or board games. They won't even let them connect their phones to charge them.

At least someone is addressing the issues in JSP. I will take the 85% when it comes to me for sure.

This is all part of Pat Reid's evil plan to get more people to take the 85%.Then work on what she does best CLOSE PLANTS!!!!!!!!! :stirpot::stirpot:

This is all part of Pat Reid's evil plan to get more people to take the 85%.Then work on what she does best CLOSE PLANTS!!!!!!!!! :stirpot::stirpot:

I can't imagine anyone wanting to report in just to sit for 8 hours a day just to make an extra $150 a week before taxes! stay home and enjoy yourselfs!

I can't imagine anyone wanting to report in just to sit for 8 hours a day just to make an extra $150 a week before taxes! stay home and enjoy yourselfs!

The only reason I might consider the 100% is to watch and make sure they stick to seniority.

In the 1980's alot of people were screwed over.

Just ask around.

I hope that is not the situation this time around.

I have a question. Why would a 30 year skilled guy stay and work? I think he is only making like 5 or 6 bucks and hour.

Why would anyone do that day after day? Even a production person. I just dont understand that.

today was the first time the president visited, and it was for 5 minutes,, if that. Ken Gaffa has been the only one visiting for more than 2 minutes a day, you can find Gaffa there for hours answering questions to anyone that asks, today was the first time for most of the commiteemen to show their face in there. and the fan has been there all week, not sure what your talking about the TV issue, but there is not enough power in the room for everyone if they get power toys back.

The only reason I might consider the 100% is to watch and make sure they stick to seniority.

In the 1980's alot of people were screwed over.

Just ask around.

I hope that is not the situation this time around.

I have a question. Why would a 30 year skilled guy stay and work? I think he is only making like 5 or 6 bucks and hour.

Why would anyone do that day after day? Even a production person. I just dont understand that.

before you judge someone, walk a mile in his shoes, you will not understand what keeps them there until you get to that point in your life.