Ford Sterling Plant

Looks like at least 130 Production going to JSP. Not sure on Trades numbers but it looks grim.

There is going to be some kind of info meeting at the local very soon. Probably to explain the JSP program to those who will be getting farmilar with this new program. That is better than an ILO for sure.

You get 85% or 40 hours to stay home and your senority keeps going also or 100% to report in everyday as I understand the program.

The rest of us will have to stick it out this summer on 40 hours a week. Endure TLO's all summer long.

I thought it was going to be a whole lot worse than this. NIce job Local 228.

At least they saved our benifits for our families (UAW rocks thanks National Negotiators).

ILO benifits stop. Cobra starts.. :ohsnap:

Wakeup quit sucking Daves ass...Why are we having an info meeting at the local? Why don't we have plant info meeting anymore?

Why is Dave not updating us in the axlegram? Because Vince is retired?

Why do we always have to find out what is going on from everywhere but our Chairman and Bargaining Reps?

The Committemen don't even know what's going on because they are never informed. Ask afternoons and Midnights.

The had classes for Leadership last week and Dave chooses to send 5, 35 year employees in a time when young new leadership is emerging. Just to screw over people whom the membership elected. It's time for these guys to go.

Quit sucking Daves ass wakeup (I mean Bill Tondreau). This guy is old and tired.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wakeup quit sucking Daves ass...Why are we having an info meeting at the local? Why don't we have plant info meeting anymore?

Why is Dave not updating us in the axlegram? Because Vince is retired?

Why do we always have to find out what is going on from everywhere but our Chairman and Bargaining Reps?

The Committemen don't even know what's going on because they are never informed. Ask afternoons and Midnights.

The had classes for Leadership last week and Dave chooses to send 5, 35 year employees in a time when young new leadership is emerging. Just to screw over people whom the membership elected. It's time for these guys to go.

Quit sucking Daves ass wakeup (I mean Bill Tondreau). This guy is old and tired.

Eagle??? I was not "sucking ass". Just giving credit where credit is due...

Why are you so upset at Dave?

Because you did not get asked to go to Black Lake? Because you were not asked for an appointment? :shades: Why?

Because as a committeeman your not getting informed?

ARe you a committeman that was not asked? Awww, too bad for you..

I was'nt asked either and I have never been. How about you?

All I was saying is that I am glad the situation is not even worse than it is...

Bill Tondreau...... :hysterical: King of suck asses....that one hurt.

Looks like just about every plant that makes trucks is experiencing Gen Pool. I guess we just sit there.

I can't imagine more than a handful will report to gen, with the %$ offered if you stay home, I bet most will choose to enjoy their summer somewhere other than sitting in the plant.

Looks like at least 130 Production going to JSP. Not sure on Trades numbers but it looks grim.

There is going to be some kind of info meeting at the local very soon. Probably to explain the JSP program to those who will be getting farmilar with this new program. That is better than an ILO for sure.

You get 85% or 40 hours to stay home and your senority keeps going also or 100% to report in everyday as I understand the program.

The rest of us will have to stick it out this summer on 40 hours a week. Endure TLO's all summer long.

I thought it was going to be a whole lot worse than this. NIce job Local 228.

At least they saved our benifits for our families (UAW rocks thanks National Negotiators).

ILO benifits stop. Cobra starts.. :ohsnap:

does anybody know how long you can be in jsp before it runs out

whats going on? i am off site today and got a text that layoffs are being posted and 12-13 electricians are on it. anybody in the plant have info? is this happening monday or after shutdown? whats the total number for the plant?

45 trades are to be JSP EED , I am sure at least 10 are electsmaybe 13...

100% pay to check into the learning center everyday and sit in the nice air for a year or so...we still collect our seniority Vacation and keep medical Insurance....sounds like a winner to me..I rather be in the air than busting my ass on the line all summer for the same money or even worse on Mound road.

whats going on? i am off site today and got a text that layoffs are being posted and 12-13 electricians are on it. anybody in the plant have info? is this happening monday or after shutdown? whats the total number for the plant?

138 production into JSP starting July 21. Trades numbers are 42 I believe though I do not know the breakdown but is shaping up to be abou 10% across the board. The report date will either be July 21 or August 1.

100% pay to check into the learning center everyday and sit in the nice air for a year or so...we still collect our seniority Vacation and keep medical Insurance....sounds like a winner to me..I rather be in the air than busting my ass on the line all summer for the same money or even worse on Mound road.

Slurp Slurp Slurp....you sure you got it all. :shades:

What's this WE? You and a mouse in your pocket? Do I have to go back thru your posts, where you said, you had taken a buyout?

van dyke state of plant meeting just announced about 70 production and 40 trades coming here right after shut down to ramp up midnight shift in focus line machining. another 40 to 50 production in the next few months to fill up mid range line needs. don't know where they are coming from, probably utica.

van dyke state of plant meeting just announced about 70 production and 40 trades coming here right after shut down to ramp up midnight shift in focus line machining. another 40 to 50 production in the next few months to fill up mid range line needs. don't know where they are coming from, probably utica.

it should be in zone by senority, i was hit by this, and i hear van dyke needs 3 to 4 electricians

it should be in zone by senority, i was hit by this, and i hear van dyke needs 3 to 4 electricians

so how does that work? since sterling has a gen now,do sterling production go there? or the utica gen people? isnt utica considered flowback or is just one big senority on east side?

so how does that work? since sterling has a gen now,do sterling production go there? or the utica gen people? isnt utica considered flowback or is just one big senority on east side?

You mean you don't know well I will tell you raw is coming just ask JOEL.

not really sure, there is a town hall meeting monday and everyone that has been hit by this should be there for greater detail. i heard if i take the 85% and stay home, i can still work somewhere else and not have any penalty. hope this is true.

not really sure, there is a town hall meeting monday and everyone that has been hit by this should be there for greater detail. i heard if i take the 85% and stay home, i can still work somewhere else and not have any penalty. hope this is true.

that is for sure true i asked jerry payne and dave today,you can get a job,but im wondering about the chance to go to van dyke ,i mean utica is in zone with sterling

We were told 10 electricians and 4 power house electricians are coming to van dyke after shutdown, but we don't know from where. I heard their are postings already up in utica for trades to come to van dyke. I believe sterling should get the same posting along with the 70 prod. jobs that are needed after shutdown, being that we are all in the same zone, instead of only giving this opportunity to utica.

We were told 10 electricians and 4 power house electricians are coming to van dyke after shutdown, but we don't know from where. I heard their are postings already up in utica for trades to come to van dyke. I believe sterling should get the same posting along with the 70 prod. jobs that are needed after shutdown, being that we are all in the same zone, instead of only giving this opportunity to utica.

What plants are in the east and west thanks.

Not to sure about west but I believe east consists of Van Dyke, Romeo Engine, Romeo Proving Grounds, Utica, Chesterfield, and Sterling.

That's correct...minus chesterfield..add Highland Park. I though MOD and company said there would be nobody coming from Sterling and Utica....did he have a change of heart? Either way, it's nice to see the TRANSFER AGREEMENT is working like it always does...Thanks VanDyke......

One big seniority pool....RTBU has priority over everything tho...which has been done.