Ford says more factory worker cuts needed

Hotlanta

Spoke to my Chairman today and he said, "8000 seemed to be the number they were looking at accordding to the talks". I also asked him about Ford not wanting to pay for education or ETAP and he said, "Nothing like that was discussed Thursday or Friday".

Spoke to my Chairman today and he said, "8000 seemed to be the number they were looking at accordding to the talks". I also asked him about Ford not wanting to pay for education or ETAP and he said, "Nothing like that was discussed Thursday or Friday".

They're shooting for that magic number again , heh !!?? Well at least this time they may get more younguns, with the shift cuts and all. ( fear of the unknown).

It seems Ford Motor Company has great aspirations to supplant Walmart, as the #1 private employer in Mexico.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8053002877.html

Remember Fellas'.... Buy Ford...Buy American. :hysterical: I know..... (but the "Profits"... er' I mean losses, come right back here to the good ole' U.S.A).

U.S. / U.A.W. made vehicles are becoming harder and , harder to find. I challenge anyone to try and find a Vehicle that they like, that's made here in the U.S. . It's my opinion, that you'd have better luck, trying to buy a plastic toy at Walmart, that wasn't made in China.

Mulally will do anything, to make Ford Mo.Co. profitable again, as a shareholder I can't blame him. Unfortunately for us Ford Employees, "anything" involves our jobs going to Mexico, China, & India.

Currently In the U.S., middle class Manufacturing Jobs are disappearing quicker than the Dodo bird. Coincidentally in the same time period, our consumer based economy has become utterly stagnant. Imagine that, "average people that can't find decent paying jobs, stop spending money." what a revelation. Oversimplification, I'm sure.... but It sure seems accurate to me.

Here's to :beerchug: :beerchug: "Multinational Corporate Governance in 08".

"God save the C.E.O."

"One Nation under a "C.E.O"

In the "C.E.O" we trust".

I wouldn't call it being in the know, but after the July shutdown's, you WILL see the reductions... you have 10 years or less?... might try starting to save a penny here or there.
Sooooooooooo, now all you people that thought it would never happen to you have a lot to worry about. You get to see what those parts plant people have been thru for the past 2+ years.

The ones that have been thru it before, seem to know how this works. Even the mighty at the newest plant that thought it would never occur their are gonna feel it.

Only this time, there will be no bounce back. PS, those sub/jsp checks are GREAT until they stop and you find out, NO ONE pays like your old job did.

Before the dust settles. Read the quote above. And who was it that laughed about the 10 year quote? :hysterical:

Make way boys, SENORITY COMING THRU!

Sooooooooooo, now all you people that thought it would never happen to you have a lot to worry about. You get to see what those parts plant people have been thru for the past 2+ years.

The ones that have been thru it before, seem to know how this works. Even the mighty at the newest plant that thought it would never occur their are gonna feel it.

Only this time, there will be no bounce back. PS, those sub/jsp checks are GREAT until they stop and you find out, NO ONE pays like your old job did.

Before the dust settles. Read the quote above. And who was it that laughed about the 10 year quote? :hysterical:

You are one sick Mother Effer. Tough computer talk. :flexing: Post your address and let some of the workers being affected come for a visit and lets see how tough you really are. :slap: :slug:

Working at Ford is like suffering the 'death of a thousand cuts' {pun intended} If you get offered a buyout other than cash say NO.Do you really trust a monthly stipend from a financially distressed company?The people who made out at Wixom were the ones who held on until the very end.Look at ME I`m in the GEN POOL whhheeeeeeee got no home,,,,,,got no pride,,,,,let`s see who can get the fattest!Bring a laptop and we can play games!No sleeping :boring:

You are one sick Mother Effer. Tough computer talk. :flexing: Post your address and let some of the workers being affected come for a visit and lets see how tough you really are. :slap: :slug:

YOU TELL EM RIGHT,,,NOW,,,MY MONEY WOULD BE ON YOU!

Wow! You are obnoxious.

Actually sonny, I wouldn't think too many are worried about you. You see it's called seniority, either you got it or you don't. It sounds to me like YOU DON'T.

So the chickens have come home to roost. I might be working right their next to you youngun. I know how this works.. Those people with the seniority can come and work next to me any ole day.

Look at it this way. 30 years from now, You too can say, Give the break in service people their time back. They been thru this before, except this time, it won't be them without a job, now will it? Hope that pisses you off to no end too!

Actually sonny, I wouldn't think too many are worried about you. You see it's called seniority, either you got it or you don't. It sounds to me like YOU DON'T.

So the chickens have come home to roost. I might be working right their next to you youngun. I know how this works.. Those people with the seniority can come and work next to me any ole day.

Look at it this way. 30 years from now, You too can say, Give the break in service people their time back. They been thru this before, except this time, it won't be them without a job, now will it? Hope that pisses you off to no end too!

How exactly does someone who is working a job and showing up and following all the endless rules and paying taxes and obeying the law finally earn your respect?Aren`t there enough criminals and welfare momma`s and corrupt politicians and terrorists to pick on?

I would seriously seek help if I were you.

How exactly does someone who is working a job and showing up and following all the endless rules and paying taxes and obeying the law finally earn your respect?Aren`t there enough criminals and welfare momma`s and corrupt politicians and terrorists to pick on?

You know, their is nothing I can do about it. Yep I was more than a little hard, wasn't I?

Well, how can I say it without being frank about it? TIGHTEN your belts, trim your bills to the bare minimum. If you were around 29 years ago, this time it's WORSE. Their might not be a job to come back too. Ford is fighting for survival and there is now just 3 years left in this contract. New products seem to be going everywhere, but this country.

Here is what I can offer. If your gonna be laid off, the monies will not last forever. The jobs out their are not as good as what your leaving. Don't sit back and think that the free money is great, because once it stops, your world will come down around your ears. Find something, whatever it is. You got kids, their the ones you have to look out for, do whatever you can, because of them. You have a wife, make her proud of you, because you will do what you must to support her. Get your ass out of debt NOW! Quit eating out at lunch, bring it, quit drinking all the soft drinks, you don't need the cell-phones, keep the suv you have and buy the gas, and replace it only when you must.

Actually these are the stages in the grieving process. Just do the next right thing.

You know, their is nothing I can do about it. Yep I was more than a little hard, wasn't I?

Well, how can I say it without being frank about it? TIGHTEN your belts, trim your bills to the bare minimum. If you were around 29 years ago, this time it's WORSE. Their might not be a job to come back too. Ford is fighting for survival and there is now just 3 years left in this contract. New products seem to be going everywhere, but this country.

Here is what I can offer. If your gonna be laid off, the monies will not last forever. The jobs out their are not as good as what your leaving. Don't sit back and think that the free money is great, because once it stops, your world will come down around your ears. Find something, whatever it is. You got kids, their the ones you have to look out for, do whatever you can, because of them. You have a wife, make her proud of you, because you will do what you must to support her. Get your ass out of debt NOW! Quit eating out at lunch, bring it, quit drinking all the soft drinks, you don't need the cell-phones, keep the suv you have and buy the gas, and replace it only when you must.

Actually these are the stages in the grieving process. Just do the next right thing.

Very cocky. Do you work for ford? 15 years at ktp with all o.t. you can stand and now 60 days of lay-off. lose the attitude. Yes I have a college degree :shades: :shades: :shades:

Very cocky. Do you work for ford? 15 years at ktp with all o.t. you can stand and now 60 days of lay-off. lose the attitude. Yes I have a college degree :shades: :shades: :shades:

Yea, I got one too and much more.. and more time than you..

That the best you can do?

12 years here sonny. You can save your stupid ass advise. Nobody here wants to listen to your holier than though opinions. Just stick to pissing off your family with your cocky attitude and leave people that you don't know anything about alone.

Edited by sez

I see that "Mr. Critic" has made new friends, lol. With him as a friend, who needs enemies?!?!?!?!?!?!

Keep the faith, and use your puter to write your congressional reps and senators. It makes no difference which side of the aisle you reside on; just tell them to get off that butt and do something to relieve pressure on enrgy, or you will remove them, post haste!!!!

You will have far more power over them then you do either the UAW or Ford, cause they need your vote, especially in an election year.

And don't let Mr Critic get to you. Some people enjoy pain in others, so they yank your chain to piss you off. It isn't so bad when it is just you, but when it is your wife and children involved..............well, that is territory for one sorry "sum-bitch" to show glee over.

Anyway, the point is that if you can waste your time telling a non-important person like Critic what you think, take out the four letter words, and send a not so nice e-mail to those who ARE scared to death of you.........those up for election. Make it short, make it sweet, but make it to the point that if they can't get the energy thing under control........regardless of which side of the aisle they represent, you will unceremoniously vote them out by casting a vote for their opponent.

Just as fear motivates you when it comes to your job, it motivates them!!!!!! Let them know!!!!! Write en mass, and you might be surprised at the result. After all--------->it was many of us writing our reps that made them backpedal on illegal immigration policy. Just duplicate it, and you very well could change the course of history, cause we all know full well; the pen is mightyer than the sword!!!!

Good luck to you all, and I continue to support you, and your vehicles.